Photo

The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra (Part 14)

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Book of Avatar Series! (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Book for The Last Airbender?

1. Book 1: Water (1 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

2. Book 2: Earth (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

3. Book 3: Fire (27 votes [65.85%])

Percentage of vote: 65.85%

Best Book for Legend of Korra?

1. Book 1: Air (1 votes [2.44%])

2. Book 2: Spirits (1 votes [2.44%])

3. Book 3: Change (30 votes [73.17%])

Percentage of vote: 73.17%

4. Book 4: Balance (9 votes [21.95%])

Percentage of vote: 21.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

Word on the street is that there is a petition to get Netflix to produce more LoK episodes.

we good.

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#42 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

Spoiler

Pretty much the same thing I thought.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#43 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,287 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

we good.

You don't want more episodes? Why??? :(

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#44 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationWaiting for his Kittyspada :3

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

You don't want more episodes? Why??? :(

Part of me wants more episodes certainly.

But part of me also feels LoK ended on a good note.  And I believe it's better for a series to have a short but great run then a long and boring one.

Probably part of why Code Geass ranks much, much higher than say Bleach for me.

_wine__noir___dog_days_by_unkawaiigfx-d8

Thanks Zc. :aww:

#45 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

That fight was awesome. Also two anime characters have won fights so the claim of anime hate is false. They just get opponents that crush them.

But part of me also feels LoK ended on a good note.  And I believe it's better for a series to have a short but great run then a long and boring one.

Technically code geass has not ended. There are at least one manga that takes place in the past still going on.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#46 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

That fight was awesome. Also two anime characters have won fights so the claim of anime hate is false. They just get opponents that crush them.

Technically code geass has not ended. There are at least one manga that takes place in the past still going on.

Ah, I was refering more to the 50 anime episodes.

Didn't know the mangas were still going on.

#47 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:02 PM

I certainly agree, and I felt the same way about Aang's story at the end of the original series. I would however be down for a series dealing with a new or past Avatar.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#48 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:38 AM

Well...that was unexpected. As much as I'm happy Toph won her Death Battle, I still can't help but think that she shouldn't have.

I certainly agree, and I felt the same way about Aang's story at the end of the original series. I would however be down for a series dealing with a new or past Avatar.

The only thing I wanna know about Aang are his parents. IDK why that's always on my mind since it's pretty clear that Air Nomad children are raised by the monks but I was always a little disappointed that Bryke left out anything about his family, especially since they said that they'd actually considered it :/

Edited by Blue22, 08 February 2015 - 01:39 AM.

#49 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

I had my doubts on Toph's win but I think the idea that Toph could control/sense Gaara's sand and Gaara couldn't do the same to her rocks is probably what sealed it as a likely outcome.

• Petite Fleur likes this

#50 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:13 PM

Well...that was unexpected. As much as I'm happy Toph won her Death Battle, I still can't help but think that she shouldn't have.

Agreed, and I also don't really think they properly showcased Gaara's abilities like they did Toph's, but that's a common occurence with them.

Aang's parents? I'm going to be honest, they've never once crossed my mind, and by the time of the series they'd be long dead anyways. I suppose they could've thrown them in, but it would've only caused him more angst/guilt over running away.

Edited by Ace1225, 08 February 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#51 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:28 AM

Something tells me that Airbenders didn't particularly value classic family dynamics, but rather focused on the spiritual unity of the community. It wouldn't shock me if the children were simply taken from their parents as infants and raised by the temple in foster care so that their people would live as a unified collective rather than several smaller families. It has been shown that young Airbenders have guardians to care for and guide them, but the disapproving reactions of the other masters towards Gyatso's more personal bond with Aang, indicate that they did not see much stock in establishing anything more than that. 

It reminds me of the Jedi from Star Wars: The younglings are trained together as children and receive a master to nurture their abilities as they grow. While brotherhood is encouraged, they clearly do not support love and intimacy, because it clouds a person's judgment and prevents them from completely detaching themselves and attaining true balance and enlightenment. 

What was said to Aang by Avatar Yangchen and the mentions of the gurus by Tenzin, Pathik, and Zaheer, imply that the goal of an Air Nomad is much the same. (Even though the former explains that an Airbending Avatar can never attain this level of spiritual mastery, because the Avatar's duty is to the world). 

#52 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

Surprised no one mentioned this yet but today is the 10 year anniversary of ATLA

The amount of feels that I have right now is over 9000
  • Petite Fleur, Lone_ant, Blue22 and 2 others like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#53 Desu257

Desu257

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

10 years? Man I was in high school when it first aired, good lord I feel old.

#54 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Saw this on facebook and got a laugh:

I wonder how Aang felt when he found out Bumi wasn't even a bender...

-Aang: "Bumi and I will have such great times together, I'll teach him all about airbenders and their culture..."

-Katara: I hate to rain on your parade, but Bumi isn't a bender, dear."
-Aang: "... and then I'll teach him all about the great Air nomade sages like Guru Laghi... wait, WHAT!
-Katara: "Yep, not a bender"
-Aang: "Katara, bedroom, NOW! We need to try again."
-Toph: "Hey Twinkletoes, guess how great of an earthbender Lin is "

Years later...

-Aang: " Kya and I will have such great times, I'll teach her airbending and..."
-Katara: "Umm Aang, about Kya..."
-Aang: "OH COME ON! Bedroom, NOW!"
-Toph: Hey Twinkletoes, gues how great of an earthbender Su is "

Years later...

-Aang: "Ok, I've been wating a long time for this, but Im going to teach Tenzin airbending..."
-Katara: "About Tenzin..."
-Aang: ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME! DONT YOU DARE SAY IT"
-Katara: "Nah, Im just screwing with you
-Toph: "Hey Twinkletoes..."
-Aang: "Shut up Toph, you don't have any more kids!"
-Toph: "I don't need anymore, both my girls are powerful Metalbenders"
-Aang: "... I hate you all TENZIN, GET ON THE DAMN BISON, WE ARE LEAVING"

• Tokoya, Lone_ant, FongShwei69 and 2 others like this

#55 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

It's a shame we didn't get to see Soka's descendants.

#56 Desu257

Desu257

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:14 PM

It's a shame we didn't get to see Soka's descendants.

I'm still hoping for at least a comic series continuation to tie up loose ends, I doubt Sokka was childless hell there's even a fan theory out that Suyin might be his kid.
  • Blue22 likes this

#57 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

God I hope not. I feel like one of the few people who was NOT a fan of the TophXSokka ship. He was just....too old for her. I know there's a similar age gap between Aang and Katara but that still didn't feel as weird (and not just because the genders are reversed). Granted that's the only instance I can think of where a 14 year old girl would want anything to do, romantically, with a 12 year old boy. Two years doesn't mean much to adults but for adolescents, it can make one hell of a difference.

Plus I'd been a big fan (pun intended) of Suki and her relationship with Sokka since book 2 (they totally had sex in the Southern Raiders  :perv:) so that ship didn't end up being endgame I'd be very upset. We still haven't gotten any confirmation on Mai and Zuko (another ship I supported) and people are speculating that Suki might be Izumi's mother...that would make me sad.

Edited by Blue22, 23 February 2015 - 08:33 PM.

• Desu257 likes this

#58 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

We still haven't gotten any confirmation on Mai and Zuko (another ship I supported) and people are speculating that Suki might be Izumi's mother...that would make me sad.

iirc, there was a sketch by Bryke depicting Mai and Zuko with a young girl. It was awhile back though (like half a year, maybe longer), so I don't remember if I saw it posted here, or if was on another site. But I'm almost certain that Izumi is their daughter.

#59 Desu257

Desu257

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

Izumi is Probably Zuko and Mai's Kid, I'd like to get more backstory on her though, you know growing up. Bryke made such a diverse and interesting Universe it's just begging for Spin-off's and Side Stories, Like the Star Wars Expanded Universe, you know, before Disney Butchered it and made the Yuuzan Vong Non-Canon, killing a part of me in the process.

Also, on an unrelated non-Avatar note, Invader Zim is Back!!!!!

#60 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:33 AM

Also, on an unrelated non-Avatar note, Invader Zim is Back!!!!!

NO WAY. Are you for real... like, new episodes or is it just re-runs? Coz.. I'm going to be so dissapointed if it's not true not that you've got my hopes up O_O

If true, we should probably make a new thread for this. This is big news O_O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users