• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#201 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:08 PM

Citizens. Kid solo them and got 315 millions.

I will never believe that, bartolomeo is supposed to be the worst pirate ever to civilians and he isnt worth that much.
I have a secondary theory on that though, scene- kizaru is sent after bartolomeo:
Kizaru "i am back"
Akainu "great where is bartolomeo's head?"
Kizaru "still with his body, he got away"
Akainu "what?!?!? You made WB look like a scrub but you coudnt acomplish this simple task"
Kizaru "yep, he put up a barrier, told me it was invincible, i believed him and left"
Akianu "you just took his word for it?!?!?!"
Brandnew "ok i have this guy at 200m what do you want me to do after this incident"
Akainu "for surviving an admiral atack give him 200m.....no... wait he didnt do a damn thing, give him nothing"
Brandnew "ok but for the record this is the 5th time you have done this to bartolomeo"
Akainu "he relies too much on his df"
Brandnew "but dont you also....."
Akainu "shut up!!! You are only the bounty guy but i am magma which burns even bounty guys!!!!"

So ya bartolomeo not being worth 315m proves something. Besides, kidd's fruit is good, he could be like a less efficent....villain from the gold movie...... oh wow.... in the face of all these generic production fruit that make food stronger then steel.... kidds fruit is kinda looking alot worse in comparison. Dude's fruit needs a buff.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#202 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

bartolomeo is supposed to be the worst pirate ever to civilians and he isnt worth that much.

He is the worst because of his cruelty. But the number of crimes...maybe he simply doesn't do as much damage as Kid did. I mean Bartolomeo could have tortured 10 people in his whole pirate life and broadcasted all of them and so the world all saw it and hated him but if that only happened occasionally then he's not as bad as a guy who destroyed 5 cities in 2 weeks and caused 40 deaths which is probably what Kid was like.

oh wow.... in the face of all these generic production fruit that make food stronger then steel.... kidds fruit is kinda looking alot worse in comparison. Dude's fruit needs a buff.

If Kid is anywhere near Magneto in terms of power application (not magnitude though) then don't worry, his power has a lot of uses besides hammering a column of metal craps LOL. Also Hardening CoA would make the metals he magnetized strong defense anw.

Speaking of metal Crocodile's awakening might be using gold sand like in Naruto LOL

Edited by Fulmine, 25 September 2018 - 01:31 PM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#203 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:07 AM

He is the worst because of his cruelty. But the number of crimes...maybe he simply doesn't do as much damage as Kid did. I mean Bartolomeo could have tortured 10 people in his whole pirate life and broadcasted all of them and so the world all saw it and hated him but if that only happened occasionally then he's not as bad as a guy who destroyed 5 cities in 2 weeks and caused 40 deaths which is probably what Kid was like.

If Kid is anywhere near Magneto in terms of power application (not magnitude though) then don't worry, his power has a lot of uses besides hammering a column of metal craps LOL. Also Hardening CoA would make the metals he magnetized strong defense anw.

Speaking of metal Crocodile's awakening might be using gold sand like in Naruto LOL

When bartolomeo was introduced he was called a pirate of "unprecedented curelty" i think that encompases magnitude and frequency, BUT if i am wrong. It doenst make sense from a bounty perspective. Regardless of if they kill 1 civilian or 100 they are still just as strong. So the wg shouldnt be paying vastly more for their arrest.
Also, pirates see these bounties as a point of pride, even luffy franky sanji and zoro brag about them. If it was as easy as "go kill 1,000 civilians and you get a 300m bounty" i doubt anyone would see these as things to be proud of.
"Oh my god a 300m bounty and he just entered the GL that guy is going to kill us all!!!!!"
"Hold on, maybe he is just a guy with 1,000 bullets, ya i see a gun in his hand.... ya he is probably just a mad murder"

banner.png

#204 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:33 PM

When bartolomeo was introduced he was called a pirate of "unprecedented curelty" i think that encompases magnitude and frequency, BUT if i am wrong. It doenst make sense from a bounty perspective. Regardless of if they kill 1 civilian or 100 they are still just as strong. So the wg shouldnt be paying vastly more for their arrest.
Also, pirates see these bounties as a point of pride, even luffy franky sanji and zoro brag about them. If it was as easy as "go kill 1,000 civilians and you get a 300m bounty" i doubt anyone would see these as things to be proud of.
"Oh my god a 300m bounty and he just entered the GL that guy is going to kill us all!!!!!"
"Hold on, maybe he is just a guy with 1,000 bullets, ya i see a gun in his hand.... ya he is probably just a mad murder"

Croc is a Logia and he was only 80mil when he was invited to Shichibukai so...

Wel, if after killing 1000 you get chased by Vice Admirals and beat/escape then still some achievement for a rookie.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#205 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

bartolomeo is supposed to be the worst pirate ever to civilians and he isnt worth that much.
Where was this stated?

he's not as bad as a guy who destroyed 5 cities in 2 weeks and caused 40 deaths which is probably what Kid was like.

I hope he did a lot more actually.

When bartolomeo was introduced he was called a pirate of "unprecedented curelty" i think that encompases magnitude and frequency

Ahh k i only remembered the cruelty not the unprecedented part... still i lean more to what @Fulmine implied. Being cruel to some does not directly mean u r cruel all of the time and to countless folks. Could be wrong though.  

BTW i always wondered whether Oda would give Kidd immense CoO as well, since magnetism and moving electrons/ions/charge? somehow is connected to magnetism. Since Enel used his fruit to better the magnitude and help listen in on people (iirc his fruit did better his CoO or not, really not my arc...), thus his CoO in generel, i could see the "same" working for Kidd, although he aint the CoO type guy for me ...

BTW sadly i hope so much for Croc and  someone else of status to  actually appeat in a joint fray fight vs Kaidou, but except for Moria i dont find that likely anymore. First Croc aint the peoples person to work together/truly ally with (Mr.1 seems to be the exception), secondly with now7 possible allies , with status , to appear (gravestones) makes that less likely, since its getting crowded already with all those SN and their crews there.

Croc when will u do somehting  epic again? Dont just chill ur life, go kill some marines and destroy there bases and overtake countries under their control! 

#206 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

Where was this stated?I hope he did a lot more actually.Ahh k i only remembered the cruelty not the unprecedented part... still i lean more to what @Fulmine implied. Being cruel to some does not directly mean u r cruel all of the time and to countless folks. Could be wrong though.

BTW i always wondered whether Oda would give Kidd immense CoO as well, since magnetism and moving electrons/ions/charge? somehow is connected to magnetism. Since Enel used his fruit to better the magnitude and help listen in on people (iirc his fruit did better his CoO or not, really not my arc...), thus his CoO in generel, i could see the "same" working for Kidd, although he aint the CoO type guy for me ...

BTW sadly i hope so much for Croc and someone else of status to actually appeat in a joint fray fight vs Kaidou, but except for Moria i dont find that likely anymore. First Croc aint the peoples person to work together/truly ally with (Mr.1 seems to be the exception), secondly with now7 possible allies , with status , to appear (gravestones) makes that less likely, since its getting crowded already with all those SN and their crews there.
Croc when will u do somehting epic again? Dont just chill ur life, go kill some marines and destroy there bases and overtake countries under their control!

Glad you asked. That is what the word "unprecedented" means. No one before him has been as bad as he is.
As for where that was stated it was one of the many things said about him in his introduction to b block, he bombed innocent civilians, responsible for the pirate bbq accident, #1 on the list of pirwtes we wish would go away, a pirate of unprecedented curelty, bartolomeo.

banner.png

#207 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:46 AM

Glad you asked. That is what the word "unprecedented" means. No one before him has been as bad as he is.
I dont think u got the meaning of that part of my post. While unprecedented does mean that he did unknown things, it does not mean he did them more than continuesly/on a significant high number. And thats the point, he could have been immensly cruel in certain, limited in number, instances, but in generel not be a  danger to e.g. civilians at all, thus have lower bounty than i.e. Bege who might just be someone (and we already know that to be true) who causes a stir/huge incident/bring chaos whereever he is.

Moreover i dont believe someone like the collusseums voice/announcer is a credible source of info, since its his job to hype the combattants and rally the crowd in order for them to enjoy it even more.

I.e. Barto being announced as cannibal and e.g. having eaten human flesh once could be what gave him that title....but that would not mean that he is anywhere close to i.e. Jack who lays waste to entire countries and kills thousands of people when he wishes to!

#208 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:08 AM

I dont think u got the meaning of that part of my post. While unprecedented does mean that he did unknown things, it does not mean he did them more than continuesly/on a significant high number. And thats the point, he could have been immensly cruel in certain, limited in number, instances, but in generel not be a  danger to e.g. civilians at all, thus have lower bounty than i.e. Bege who might just be someone (and we already know that to be true) who causes a stir/huge incident/bring chaos whereever he is.

Moreover i dont believe someone like the collusseums voice/announcer is a credible source of info, since its his job to hype the combattants and rally the crowd in order for them to enjoy it even more.

I.e. Barto being announced as cannibal and e.g. having eaten human flesh once could be what gave him that title....but that would not mean that he is anywhere close to i.e. Jack who lays waste to entire countries and kills thousands of people when he wishes to!

so if someone was introduced as a man of "unprecedented strength" you would go like "lol maybe he can bench a lot but i bet i can do more push ups then that loser" or if someone was introduced as a man of "unprecedented intelligence" you would say "ok maybe he knows a lot about black holes, but i bet i can name more tree types then that botany not knowing slacker". Bartolomeo was apparently the top of a list of people civilians want to go away........ do you think the civilians also just want to hype up bartolomeo?

"hey joe, did you hear bartolomeo cut a guys tongue out?!?!?!?!?!??!!! he is the worst pirate to ever live"

"jack destroyed a whole town"

"but all the guy did was talk bad about luffy!!!!!"

"law cut out the hearts of 500 pirates"

"now the guy cant speak!!!!!! and he has a nose ring!!!!!"

"a nose ring? those are the worst, ok fine bartolomeo is the worst"

ok but i see your point of gatz just trying to hype the crowd........but............ if we ignore bartolomeo, gatz was 100% reasonable about everything else he said. to be fair sometimes he vastly underestimates or overestimated a character's physical strength.......BUT look at what he said about everyone

bellamy- favorite to win the whole thing- come on that is fair, I thought bellamy would win B block up until the last chapter of b block.

chinjoa- a 500m bounty legendary pirate- this isnt a lie

rebecca- undefeated- not a lie, she wasn't too impressive either

so if you say that gatz is unreliable because his job is to hype the crowd, how come he never gave anyone else an unreasonable superlative title? and do you really think that gatz could say what ever he wants to hype the crowd? if gatz called chinjoa the strongest man in the world do you really think the audience would believe him? obviously not because everyone knows that title belongs to don kreig.

and as i have already said, the list proves that civilians also recognize how horrible bartolomeo is. and you tell me. who is the public more scared of, that one guy who killed his girlfriend, or a serial killer? obviously the public wants the serial killer gone much more then the one time killer.

also, as long as we are not taking into account strength of the countries, buggy has also laid siege to towns, buggy isn't even on the towns radar. besides, if you want to talk JUST on screen evil, jack is the hero the citizens of the sea need. as far as the citizens are concerned the minks are evil human eaters, jack did them a favor by killing the minks.

side note- isn't it weird we were told how evil the minks are then they were pussy cats.......I get the fact that everyone everywhere loves luffy...... but the minks never once showed even a hint of what would make normal people think they are evil human eaters. hell even when jack showed up they were kinda reasonable to him (cat striker wasn't but....jack deserved that) even pekoms and bepo walk around and no one cares.

banner.png

#209 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:58 PM

so if someone was introduced as a man of "unprecedented strength" you would go like "lol maybe he can bench a lot but i bet i can do more push ups then that loser" or if someone was introduced as a man of "unprecedented intelligence" you would say "ok maybe he knows a lot about black holes, but i bet i can name more tree types then that botany not knowing slacker". Bartolomeo was apparently the top of a list of people civilians want to go away........ do you think the civilians also just want to hype up bartolomeo?
Well i see ur points.  Actually wanted to say before i  thought about ur post: I mean u torture someone by being the first who i.e. electrified someones balls. Cruel, true, since ur the first its unprecedented, but would it truly be the most cruel thing ever done,does such perception not purely rely on the persons mindset and  the person u ask? I mean skinning someone/cutting them to pieces bit by bit is more cruel in my eyes. But yes ur points are fair enough.

ok but i see your point of gatz just trying to hype the crowd........but............ if we ignore bartolomeo, gatz was 100% reasonable about everything else he said. to be fair sometimes he vastly underestimates or overestimated a character's physical strength.......BUT look at what he said about everyone

bellamy- favorite to win the whole thing- come on that is fair, I thought bellamy would win B block up until the last chapter of b block.

chinjoa- a 500m bounty legendary pirate- this isnt a lie

rebecca- undefeated- not a lie, she wasn't too impressive either

so if you say that gatz is unreliable because his job is to hype the crowd, how come he never gave anyone else an unreasonable superlative title? and do you really think that gatz could say what ever he wants to hype the crowd? if gatz called chinjoa the strongest man in the world do you really think the audience would believe him? obviously not because everyone knows that title belongs to don kreig.
WellGatz also said: "Such Cruelty, Such Ferocity, these words where invented for him" when he was talking about Bellamy....well compare Bellamy with his ferocity vs Zoro....like worlds apart...Moreover Gatz also said that DOn Jinjaos headbutts were "just as powerful as ever", and that happened before Luffy fixed his head, consequently we know is was untrue what he said. BTW Gatz called Jinjoa legendary, which is freaking hype, but when u consider what  he actually could do, i.e. compared to WB, well he was a pretty weak bystander. I personlly would not consider 500mill legendary per se. We know that Perospero has 700 mill noone called him legendary. Kata also aint legendary, and he has more than double the amount Don has.   

and as i have already said, the list proves that civilians also recognize how horrible bartolomeo is. and you tell me. who is the public more scared of, that one guy who killed his girlfriend, or a serial killer? obviously the public wants the serial killer gone much more then the one time killer.
Public knows shit in one piece...this is an well established fact. Public in east blue feared east blue Luffy.....compare that to current Luffy and u see the difference. Simply because commoners fear something does not mean it is to be truly feared in generel in u consider the powervariation of op, thus i would assume there is also such a variation in cruelty as well as others things. Furthermore as u mentioned Buggy too is feared and now a legend because of his connection to GR and Shanks (he was even called such a thing,or soemthing similar, by fellow ID prisoners iirc). 

Ur urself mention the minks they too proof that the commoners know nothing. Since mostly they r pretty joyful and kind, yet their opinion is that they r wild, feral beasts,which aint the case in generel.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users