• Please log in to reply
1513 replies to this topic

#21 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

Watched the first 2 episodes of SyFy´s 12 Monkey and it´s been pretty good so far, both for people who have not watched the 1995 movie and also for those who did since it is not a 100% copy of it, they have changed stuff in a pretty interesting way.

• Acidrain, Raiden and fundapafNup like this

qhz8b56l.png

#22 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

Watched the first 2 episodes of SyFy´s 12 Monkey and it´s been pretty good so far, both for people who have not watched the 1995 movie and also for those who did since it is not a 100% copy of it, they have changed stuff in a pretty interesting way.

@ShinmenTakezo

Was it actually a 2 hour special premier kinda thing? I only saw the first episode. :o

I watched the movie last week or the week before that, they were some nice homages/parallels but I'm glad it's not outright copying.

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#23 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:16 AM

@ShinmenTakezo

Was it actually a 2 hour special premier kinda thing? I only saw the first episode. :o

I watched the movie last week or the week before that, they were some nice homages/parallels but I'm glad it's not outright copying.

Seems like it, i guess they aired the first 2 episodes as a premier but from now on, it´s 1 episode per week.

qhz8b56l.png

#24 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:19 AM

Seems like it, i guess they aired the first 2 episodes as a premier but from now on, it´s 1 episode per week.

Strange. I'm downloading it now but wikipedia still say's ep 2 is due next week.

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#25 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

FOX IN EARLY TALKS TO BRING BACK THE X-FILES

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #26 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,355 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

For those who have watched it, especially Acidrain, what did you like about Leftovers?

qhz8b56l.png

#27 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,295 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

I've been watching How to get away with Murder, I like it so far. 

Nothing mind blowing but I like it.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#28 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,861 posts
    • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

I've been watching How to get away with Murder, I like it so far. 

Nothing mind blowing but I like it.

Ugh i drop that show.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#29 YoWid

YoWid

Moe

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,731 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:10 AM

FOX IN EARLY TALKS TO BRING BACK THE X-FILES

Will Giorgio Tsoukalos be in the cast? 

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

#30 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

@yowild - IDK who that is. :meh:

•  

• #31 YoWid

YoWid

Moe

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,731 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

@ramnegade

Spoiler

^ this guy

• waleuska likes this

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

#32 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,125 posts
    • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

Spoiler Season 2 Trailer for FX series, The Strain!

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
    I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
    Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
    You can always hear me singing this song
    Show me the way to go home.

#33 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 564 posts
    • LocationNestled in the comfortable embrace of darkness

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

Venture Bros. special last night was sensational. This is the only show I've ever seen that gets consistently, yet dramatically, better with every. single. season. The first season is incomparable to last nights special, but the true testament to its quality is that every single episode ever produced still stands up. Incredible. The sixth season can't come soon enough.

• RamenRenegade likes this

#34 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Agreed. I totally loved the newest episode of the Ventures. Although I must admit that episode felt more like a season finale rather than the premiere.

• garlyle likes this

•  

• #35 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 564 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

It was mentioned on IGN that the creators were displeased by how few episodes they were granted for season 5, and apparently they were even denied a special for the finale. So last nights episode pretty much WAS the season 5 finale, which explains why it was so great seeing as they can do the hell out of finales. did you see the epilogue on adult swim.com? Pretty exciting stuff coming next season.

Spoiler

Justified was good. Ever since Elmore passed, the series doesn't have the same feel to it. I am holding out hope that this final season can somehow reach the same heights the show did when he was alive

Edited by garlyle, 21 January 2015 - 01:09 AM.

• RamenRenegade likes this

#36 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

Wow, I did not know anything about that. Well, now I definitely will have to AS.com and check that out.

•  

• #37 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
    • 827 posts
    • Locationunder a sea of blankets

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

For those who have watched it, especially Acidrain, what did you like about Leftovers?

First of all, don't go into it expecting them to answer the question of where all these people went. Thats not the point of the show. The point of the show is to explore loss, and it does that exceptionally well. There are a lot of questions aside from the whole "where did all those people go and why did they leave?"-thing that spring up during the show, and rest assured almost all of them get answered in the first season.

I really loved it for that. A lot of stuff comes together so perfectly in the second half of the season, and the acting in the show is truly exceptional. I thought it was probably one of the most underrated shows of the year, despite everybody dismissing it as "just another Damon Lindelof cock tease."

Once again, the point of the show is not the initial mystery. The point of the show is to develop these characters that are faced with an unsolvable mystery, and how they come to terms with the cards they are dealt.

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#38 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,355 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

First of all, don't go into it expecting them to answer the question of where all these people went. Thats not the point of the show. The point of the show is to explore loss, and it does that exceptionally well. There are a lot of questions aside from the whole "where did all those people go and why did they leave?"-thing that spring up during the show, and rest assured almost all of them get answered in the first season.

I really loved it for that. A lot of stuff comes together so perfectly in the second half of the season, and the acting in the show is truly exceptional. I thought it was probably one of the most underrated shows of the year, despite everybody dismissing it as "just another Damon Lindelof cock tease."

Once again, the point of the show is not the initial mystery. The point of the show is to develop these characters that are faced with an unsolvable mystery, and how they come to terms with the cards they are dealt.

I watched season one, gotta appreciate what they are trying to do, basically depicting characters in their existential crisis and showing how different they can deal with it. The mystery thing did not bother me at all, maybe because i knew beforehand that they would not tackle it, but i can also understand how people can get frustrated not knowing the reason behind teh disappearance, heck that feeling, the lack of reasons etc is basically the driving point behind the show in the first place.

One problem i had with it, and that´s almost purely subjective, is that i did not really empathize with any of the characters, except maybe Kevin to a certain extent, and without the lack of investment, i did not enjoy it as much as other people i guess.

• Acidrain likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#39 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
    • 827 posts
    • Locationunder a sea of blankets

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

One problem i had with it, and that´s almost purely subjective, is that i did not really empathize with any of the characters, except maybe Kevin to a certain extent, and without the lack of investment, i did not enjoy it as much as other people i guess.

Yeah I guess thats just something that is out of your hands. On one hand they portray these characters as very imperfect people, and on the other hand they expect you to feel bad for them and root for them. Its a risky road to take, and I guess it didn't work for a lot of people.

I had no trouble empathizing with a lot of characters past the midway point of the season. Some of them annoyed me in the beginning, but I got over that once I saw what made them so screwed up.

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#40 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 564 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

Saw Arrow; it was okay. Vinnie Jones (Brick) was fantastic, but then, Vinnie Jones is always fantastic. Laurel continues to irk me to no end so I won't even go there. The flashbacks, while entertaining, were flow breaking. I see the purpose they served, but I feel the series is starting to rely on flashbacks where good old fashioned narrative would suffice. Diggle isn't dead, so there's that. Waller still seems half baked as a character, and doesn't hold a candle to CCH Pounder's fantastic take on the character from Justice League Unlimited.

Spoiler
    All things considered, it was a good episode, if for no other reason Vinnie held it down and it was nice to see Diggle actually kick ass for once. Still, it didn't hold a candle to flash.
    Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users