Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

Oh, btw, Google-sama is enough to find out anime watching online websites that are like stars on the sky but if anyone knows some that are better than others (platform, system, load faster, easy to download etc.) please recommend!

For streaming, Kissanime is all you need, they also have an app that you can use on a phone or tablet if you so wish it, they also provide download links

For downloading torrents then Nyaa is the best place to go

Is it because the story has Western/American setting? Or that the dub's voice and expression themselves are superior to the Japanese one?

For me it's more of the latter because the voice acting really hits the mark on portraying how people would talk in this time periods. Plus the accents that they use are just perfect

Edited by Tokoya, 17 January 2015 - 08:25 AM.

• Fulmine likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#42 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

Any risk dividing and sharing the attention of the ''Main'' aka ''latest chapter'' thread? Or after one month mods will move all the content in here to the ''Main'' thread?

There is. I'll move the content to the main thread if there is enough discussion to warrant it.

#43 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

There is. I'll move the content to the main thread if there is enough discussion to warrant it.

To avoid that happening, next time you should try to pick a series that isn't very active in the Alpha Numerics (or even better, doesn't even have a thread yet)

#44 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

To avoid that happening, next time you should try to pick a series that isn't very active in the Alpha Numerics (or even better, doesn't even have a thread yet)

Mm, part of the reason I picked BnHA was because it was active but not overwhelmingly so. I was kind of hoping I could attract activity from people who already follow it and want to recommend it to others.

That didn't work so well (partly because the announcement visibility sucks), so I'll go for a lesser known one next time. Assuming no one contributes in the next month, anyways.

• Fulmine likes this

#45 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,775 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:21 PM

We could try closing the BnHA thread in Alphanumerics, linking to here, and maybe opening up more threads around BnHA?

#46 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

We could try closing the BnHA thread in Alphanumerics, linking to here, and maybe opening up more threads around BnHA?

It's worth a shot. Not sure what threads could be opened around it though. It's not big enough to warrant sub-forum levels of discussion (as of yet).

#47 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

Junketsu no Maria.....This series is too good :lolxg:

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#48 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:23 PM

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin

AMAZING underrated anime. I hadn't heard of it until about a week ago. There are only a few anime that have main characters with such a beautiful brotherhood. It's produced by Madhouse so you know it's quality.

#49 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin

AMAZING underrated anime. I hadn't heard of it until about a week ago. There are only a few anime that have main characters with such a beautiful brotherhood. It's produced by Madhouse so you know it's quality.

If this is a submission for AoTF, the appropriate place is here.

If not, that's cool too. I think I read the manga for it and it was indeed good.

#50 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

If this is a submission for AoTF, the appropriate place is here.

If not, that's cool too. I think I read the manga for it and it was indeed good.

Haha the first one, my mistake. :D

#51 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

Haha the first one, my mistake. :D

Alright. It'd be better if you formatted like one of my examples (obv. it's not super strict) since it's more pleasing to the eye.

#52 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Alright. It'd be better if you formatted like one of my examples (obv. it's not super strict) since it's more pleasing to the eye.

Yeah I figured. I'll do that another time. Too sleepy at the moment.

• DaEvilWithin likes this

#53 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

Sorry I haven't been active this week. Busy stuff. Anyways, new Series of the Month is selected! Thanks to everyone who wrote something!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in a kind of half-season Winter Season review? Or are most people only watching one/two anime?

#54 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:52 AM

Sorry I haven't been active this week. Busy stuff. Anyways, new Series of the Month is selected! Thanks to everyone who wrote something!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in a kind of half-season Winter Season review? Or are most people only watching one/two anime?

I watch a few different series, how it goes for me is like, Start with a large number, is whittled down to, say five by mid season. So the mid season anime are the anime I tend to watch.

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#55 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

I watch a few different series, how it goes for me is like, Start with a large number, is whittled down to, say five by mid season. So the mid season anime are the anime I tend to watch.

That is basically the idea. See what flopped/succeeded that we aren't already covering. Granted, I only really watched two other series outside of the three I picked.

• Nyanko likes this

#56 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

I can do that since I'm probably watching the most things from this season
  • DaEvilWithin likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#57 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

I would love to do this but unfortunately I can never keep up with on-going anime :( I always end up just marathoning.

On the other hand, I can totally do this with ongoing manga, but I don't think other people read as much on-going manga as I do..... 

#58 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:18 PM

I read a lot of manga but there isn't really a clear cut season review bit. I think what Tale is doing amounts to the same thing anyways.

#59 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:30 AM

I'm gonna do the halfway review thing that you suggested tomorrow DEW, should be fun :)

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#60 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:04 AM

Awesome. I'll put a thread up. Even if only a few people participate, it'll be interesting.

• Tokoya likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users