Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

i've gone and created the thread for Lain

https://onemangaforu...-group-watch-2/

then, when we find the time (or when we get more nominations), we'll also set up the new poll

nominations so far: Monster, Spice and Wolf, Mirai Shounen Conan

If I may recommend the fun love that is 

"And You thought there was never a girl online"

Also Cat Planet Cuties, Dagashi Kashi, Ergo Proxy, Fractale and Gunslinger Girl (Cause I need a excuse to finish that one) 

#642 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10609 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

If I may recommend the fun love that is

"And You thought there was never a girl online"
Also Cat Planet Cuties, Dagashi Kashi, Ergo Proxy, Fractale and Gunslinger Girl (Cause I need a excuse to finish that one)

Thats me with Kokoro Connect and Shinsekai Yori (Both of which I also nominate)

Edited by Tokoya, 12 April 2017 - 08:24 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#643 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

This is pretty much how I felt about Fukumenkei Noise @Goddess Nike

I didn't watch that video but I thought episode one was much better than the manga, probably in part because the art is slightly improved and actually being able to hear the singing and music matters in a series that has a lot of it. This episode skipped chapter one which is the backstory between Momo, Nino, and Yuzu so I'm guessing that will be in the next chapter.  

As far as the other series you tagged me about, I haven't seen it yet and I generally have not liked the Chinese co-productions of anime that I've seen in the past but I'll give it a shot once I finish my other episode one's for Spring.

If I may recommend the fun love that is"And You thought there was never a girl online"

IIRC there's only two nominations per person and some of those shows are from the past year anyway. I think it has to be from 2014 or earlier.

---

Also I don't understand how we are handling the polls for this, wasn't it supposed to be done in a similar fashion to the Hurt / Heal game where the Mononoke thread has the poll to choose the second anime and then that thread has the poll to choose the third, etc.

I don't particularly care since I'm not the one managing this but it seems like more work to start the nominations and polls from scratch each round. Plus it's confusing for the voters, I still don't know how Lain even get selected in the first place since I don't remember a poll to choose the second series.

Nominations: AnoHana & Danganronpa

Edited by Goddess Nike, 12 April 2017 - 11:26 PM.

• Tokoya and Insane Soul like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#644 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Where are the MORALS tho!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7385 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:31 PM

Which Danganronpa? The first one?

KSHl4jh.png

#645 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12591 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

Also I don't understand how we are handling the polls for this, wasn't it supposed to be done in a similar fashion to the Hurt / Heal game where the Mononoke thread has the poll to choose the second anime and then that thread has the poll to choose the third, etc.

I don't particularly care since I'm not the one managing this but it seems like more work to start the nominations and polls from scratch each round. Plus it's confusing for the voters, I still don't know how Lain even get selected in the first place since I don't remember a poll to choose the second series.

Sorry, I let this slip a bit (a lot) due to real life. The first way you mentioned was what I was thinking (carrying over nominations / replacing them), but I think @Zeando thought it'd be easier/faster to just choose the next series with the most votes from the original poll (since you could vote for multiple regardless).

#646 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2473 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

if the poll was set like the hurt-heal, i've some doubts the discussion of the serie would turn itself into general discussion of the next show and about nominations, instead about the current show being watched, so having the poll in a different thread than the serie discussion would be better i think
there is also the format of the first poll, the first poll had 15 entries(it's a long list), links to the summaries of the entries, and all the necessary informations to explain how this thing works, if the poll was merged with the current show there would be definitely some informations which would be missing or be jumbled with the serie discussion, which would make it all a more confusing for anyone new to this

about the poll, this is what i had suggested

Mononoke is about to end, we need a new show to run, having more than one show running at the same time wouldn't be bad either
we could still use the results of the previous poll to pick the next show, and the new poll for the second show

ideally the new poll should have been ready before the last group of episodes of Mononoke were over

we need a new poll, but since it takes time to set it up and to have it voted, we would have been left with over one week with no show running
so in the while the new poll is ready, we're still using the old poll, but the new poll has to be made

using the old poll is just a fallback solution for the lack of new poll, since it wasn't ready in time

@DaEvilWithin since i started the second show this time, i could put the nominations poll in it if you still think that's a good idea (i think a serie discussion is more complex than a hurt-heal game, so there may be more confusion on what the thread is about, if about the serie or about nominations)
are you still going to manage the nominations and the poll anyway?

but if we're going to use the serie discussion as also a poll, we definitely can't have 15 shows again to be voted, that list of shows in the first poll was huge (and it would be a bit distracting into a serie discussion, remember this watch-old-show idea was devised to generate talk)

we should be around 8 nominations now?

Edited by Zeando, 13 April 2017 - 03:11 AM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#647 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:01 AM

IIRC there's only two nominations per person and some of those shows are from the past year anyway. I think it has to be from 2014 or earlier.

Can I get conformation on the 2014 thinf

Otherwise I shall nominate 

Gunslinger Girl also "And you thought there was never a girl online"

And I shall suggest people nominate Ergo Proxy and Fractale   ;)  ;)  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Edited by secretzfan, 14 April 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#648 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Where are the MORALS tho!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7385 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

Can I nominate Katanagatari?

• Zeando likes this

KSHl4jh.png

#649 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12591 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:07 AM

are you still going to manage the nominations and the poll anyway?

I don't have the time right now. Maybe when I'm back in Canada. :S

Feel free to continue organizing it if you want and just @ me whenever you need me to clean up or something like that.

• Zeando likes this

#650 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2473 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:05 AM

Can I get conformation on the 2014 thinf

there isn't a strict rule about having only shows aired before the 2014 (even if it would be more interesting to have more seasoned and unknown shows, but it's a preference, not a rule)

I don't have the time right now. Maybe when I'm back in Canada. :S

Feel free to continue organizing it if you want and just @ me whenever you need me to clean up or something like that.

ok, will add the poll to the current "airing" show then

nominations:

Gunslinger Girl

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? - "And you thought there was never a girl online"
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Mirai Shounen Conan

Kokoro Connect

Shinsekai Yori

AnoHana  (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)

Danganronpa

Katanagatari

and that's 9 of them, seems good to start

the poll is in the discussion about Lain

Edited by Zeando, 14 April 2017 - 05:23 AM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#651 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

Thats me with Kokoro Connect and Shinsekai Yori (Both of which I also nominate)

Awesome finish anime bros
  • Tokoya likes this

#652 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10609 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

Alright, apart from the new Yugioh series (Which will be long running for sure), everything from this season has officially aired as of yesterday....I'll post my thoughts on everything probably tomorrow

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#653 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10609 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

The anime I mentioned last week (The Kings Avatar) has official subs on Youtube now and they'll be posting episodes every week I guess

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#654 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

The anime I mentioned last week (The Kings Avatar) has official subs on Youtube now and they'll be posting episodes every week I guess

Just finished watch episode 4,the animation is very good and has held my interest so far

• Tokoya likes this

#655 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

Since DEW is too busy atm I don't mind managing the anime group watch threads as long as nobody has any strong objections.

Assuming that's the case I'll make the thread for Kokoro Connect on either Thursday or Friday.
Since Gunslinger Girl, Shinsekai Yori, AnoHana, and Danganronpa all have multiple votes I'll automatically include them in the next poll. Anything else will have to be re-nominated along with any new nominations.

Kokoro Connect is a lot more accessible to the average anime viewer here so hopefully it will promote more participation and discussion from people that were too weirded out by Mononoke and Serial Experiments Lain which were admittedly bad choices to start with because of their obscure subject matter and bizarre manner of storytelling. 

• DaEvilWithin, Insane Soul, Fulmine and 1 other like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#656 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12591 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

@Goddess Nike

Thank you so much for taking over this useless mod's workload. :')

I'm hoping to catch up on at least one anime this weekend but I have no idea which yet.

#657 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10609 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

The Koe no Katachi film has been subbed and it's absolutely amazing

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#658 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6224 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:49 AM

The Koe no Katachi film has been subbed and it's absolutely amazing

Link?

qhz8b56l.png

#659 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10609 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:11 AM

Link?

There's some grammatical errors (And these guys translated Shouto's verbal Japanese like how a deaf person would actually talk - I guess to make it more authentic) but if your English skills are good, it's easy to figure out the mistakes on your own and make sense of it

https://nyaa.si/view/924286

Edited by Tokoya, 18 May 2017 - 03:12 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users