142 replies to this topic

#101 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

there was an attempt at rewatching finished series here before right?

but it was organized as a stream marathon?

the idea of rewatching old series isn't bad, but if having everyone online at the same time, to watch it together on a stream, is hard to organize (different timezones, different free days during the week, etc)

the rewatch could still be done, not as a "watch together" event, but by setting a range of episodes to watch over a week, and then discussing them in the clubhouse

i'm thinking the clubhouse forum would be more fit to talk about finished series, than ongoing ones (since there is already the anime forum, and there isn't a big difference in the discussions here and there)

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#102 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

there was an attempt at rewatching finished series here before right?
but it was organized as a stream marathon?

the idea of rewatching old series isn't bad, but if having everyone online at the same time, to watch it together on a stream, is hard to organize (different timezones, different free days during the week, etc)
the rewatch could still be done, not as a "watch together" event, but by setting a range of episodes to watch over a week, and then discussing them in the clubhouse

i'm thinking the clubhouse forum would be more fit to talk about finished series, than ongoing ones (since there is already the anime forum, and there isn't a big difference in the discussions here and there)

Go for it

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#103 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

ok, so which old serie are we going to watch?

are recently finished series better? or would it be more interesting to go more far back?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#104 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

ok, so which old serie are we going to watch?
are recently finished series better? or would it be more interesting to go more far back?

Either one would would work fine....I'm down for whatever

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#105 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

technically, the forum for the rewatches/rereads is this one https://onemangaforu...-the-fortnight/

wonder if that same forum could be used to store all the completed anime/manga threads (instead of having those buried into the archive)

Either one would would work fine....I'm down for whatever

xD want to try using RNG? we pick a random year in the range 1990-2015, then using myanimelist we see which one in that year had the highest score and pick that one :u

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#106 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

technically, the forum for the rewatches/rereads is this one https://onemangaforu...-the-fortnight/
wonder if that same forum could be used to store all the completed anime/manga threads (instead of having those buried into the archive)

xD want to try using RNG? we pick a random year in the range 1990-2015, then using myanimelist we see which one in that year had the highest score and pick that one :u

Lol sure

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#107 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

the hard part may be finding subs for very old series

www.random.org/ ---> 1991 :lolxg:

https://myanimelist....son/1991/winter - Trapp Ikka Monogatari 7.76 (40 eps...)
https://myanimelist....son/1991/spring - City Hunter '91 7.90 (13 eps)
https://myanimelist....son/1991/summer
https://myanimelist....eason/1991/fall
there were many series with over 40 episodes

among the ongoing series in that year, there was dragon ball and ranma 1/2, but those shows are too long to rewatch

city hunter may be an easy pick, dunno if subs even exist for that one, it should be already officially dubbed and licensed in more languages than just english :u
or let's try an other year?

anyway, we need some more interested, or this will die real fast

Edited by Zeando, 20 March 2017 - 11:37 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

#108 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

@Kid Frost @Goddess Nike @Otaku-N. @Grimmjagger @Athos @Candles @ReZureXio @retroluffy13 @Fulmine @Peleihno @ArSoNiSt JoE @azer_moli @ShinmenTakezo @KittyGoesMeowMeow @Feanor @DaEvilWithin @Tom Ace @Acnologia @death2boredom @DarkusSlayer @kenkage @Sev @waleuska @Insane Soul

how many would be interested in trying again to watch finished anime series, and/or finished mangas, but in a more organized way?

for organized way, i mean setting a range of episodes and chapters to read/watch every week, or every two weeks, as to simulate a release scedule
that way everyone can comment and discuss the shows/series gradually, instead of having to watch them all in one go

to make an example/
-anime A is picked to be re-watched
-the discussion will start about the first 4 episodes
-every 2 weeks, the discussion will move on to the next 4 episodes, until the serie is over
(number of episodes/chapters to progress every time, and the time window=1week or 2weeks, can be decided everytime a new serie is started)

• Tokoya and Grimmjagger like this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#109 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:43 AM

@Kid Frost @Goddess Nike @Otaku-N. @Grimmjagger @Athos @Candles @ReZureXio @retroluffy13 @Fulmine @Peleihno @ArSoNiSt JoE @azer_moli @ShinmenTakezo @KittyGoesMeowMeow @Feanor @DaEvilWithin @Tom Ace @Acnologia @death2boredom @DarkusSlayer @kenkage @Sev @waleuska @Insane Soul

how many would be interested in trying again to watch finished anime series, and/or finished mangas, but in a more organized way?

for organized way, i mean setting a range of episodes and chapters to read/watch every week, or every two weeks, as to simulate a release scedule
that way everyone can comment and discuss the shows/series gradually, instead of having to watch them all in one go

to make an example/
-every 2 weeks, the discussion will move on to the next 4 episodes, until the serie is over
(number of episodes/chapters to progress every time, and the time window=1week or 2weeks, can be decided everytime a new serie is started)

its called the omf clubhouse.  but yeah, would be pretty cool.  I'm always down to broaden my hirizons with new stories.

the clubhouse was a similar idea but with mostly new anime of the season.

...HOLY SHIT IM IN THE CLUBHOUSE RIGHT NOW!!!!

• Zeando likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#110 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

are you talking about this?

• Anime/Manga of the Fortnight:
    • One recommendation for a completed anime will be selected every two weeks.
    • One recommendation for a completed manga will be selected every two weeks.
    • Example.

which happened in this forum?

https://onemangaforu...-the-fortnight/

but what i'm suggesting would be more about rewatching a whole serie and discussing it, rather than just creating recommendations

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#111 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

are you talking about this?

which happened in this forum?

https://onemangaforu...-the-fortnight/basicly

its anime book club where everyones expected to read the flavor of the month and then report back they're feelings and thoughts back to the group.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#112 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

...HOLY SHIT IM IN THE CLUBHOUSE RIGHT NOW!!!!

:lolxg:

its anime book club where everyones expected to read the flavor of the month and then report back they're feelings and thoughts back to the group.

yeah, i'm not suggesting that

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#113 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

:lolxg:

yeah, i'm not suggesting that

it might work if your not expecting people to read the entirey of something.  yeah

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#114 ArSoNiSt JoE

ArSoNiSt JoE

LOOK AT ME KING!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts
  • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

User's Awards

3    4    4   

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

Count me in sass1.png I'm down for whatever so just put up the batsignal when yall decided what you want to watch and I'll come through mynicca1.png

• Tokoya and Zeando like this

241sbad.jpg

ArSoNiSt JoE's Finest Work:

Spoiler Parodies

Epic stuff from other OMF posters:

#115 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

I would be interested as well if i can find the time

• Tokoya likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#116 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

to make an example/

Would you boys be interested in this @Ace1225 @Blue22 @secretzfan @Oben @Kaidou @FrostyMouse @Vl731 and also @Frozen_Flare if you're still alive lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#117 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Would you boys be interested in this @Ace1225 @Blue22 @secretzfan @Oben @Kaidou @FrostyMouse @Vl731 and also @Frozen_Flare if you're still alive lol

Sounds cool. Hopefully I wouldn't have watched some of the chosen anime.

It a great idea

(especially since I haven't been able to talk on all anime

Edited by secretzfan, 20 March 2017 - 01:23 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

#118 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

it would be good to get a general consensus on the serie to watch before starting it, but otherwise there is random picking :u

using random picking, this was the result:
of the known series from 1991, City Hunter '91 (13 eps) is the highest rated
subs can be found on https://www2.gogoani...hunter-season-4
or there are also torrents for it

that serie is the season 4, but if we want to go in order we could start from the first season... eh, bad idea, the first 2 seasons of that are 51 and 63 episodes long, that may be too much

or if anyone has suggestions for a finished serie to watch that's fine too

#119 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

it would be good to get a general consensus on the serie to watch before starting it, but otherwise there is random picking :u

using random picking, this was the result:
of the known series from 1991, City Hunter '91 (13 eps) is the highest rated
subs can be found on https://www2.gogoani...hunter-season-4
or there are also torrents for it

that serie is the season 4, but if we want to go in order we could start from the first season... eh, bad idea, the first 2 seasons of that are 51 and 63 episodes long, that may be too much

or if anyone has suggestions for a finished serie to watch that's fine too

Is there a dub?

#120 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

I suggest Monster or Mushishi, to start with something known yet underrated

• Kid Frost likes this

qhz8b56l.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic