#121 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

Is there a dub?

there should be, since it was broadcasted in US according to wikipedia, but can't find an online stream site for it, and among the torrents they're mostly subbed

I suggest Monster or Mushishi, to start with something known yet underrated

that's a good idea

Monster (74 episodes)
Mushishi (26 episodes)

74 episodes seems too many for first show to try... i've heard about both, never watched them, so they would be fine for me

City Hunter or Mushishi are both fine for me

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#122 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

for organized way, i mean setting a range of episodes and chapters to read/watch every week, or every two weeks, as to simulate a release scedule
that way everyone can comment and discuss the shows/series gradually, instead of having to watch them all in one go

to make an example/
-anime A is picked to be re-watched
-the discussion will start about the first 4 episodes
-every 2 weeks, the discussion will move on to the next 4 episodes, until the serie is over
(number of episodes/chapters to progress every time, and the time window=1week or 2weeks, can be decided everytime a new serie is started)

Yeah I don't mind since I'm already participating in the clubhouse for the seasonal shows anyway. Though my interest in this will depend on which series ends up getting selected of course.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#123 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

there should be, since it was broadcasted in US according to wikipedia, but can't find an online stream site for it, and among the torrents they're mostly subbed

that's a good idea

Monster (74 episodes)
Mushishi (26 episodes)

74 episodes seems too many for first show to try... i've heard about both, never watched them, so they would be fine for me

City Hunter or Mushishi are both fine for me

Defintely Mushishi.....Both are fantastic but like you said, Monster is a bit too long

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#124 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

Yeah I don't mind since I'm already participating in the clubhouse for the seasonal shows anyway. Though my interest in this will depend on which series ends up getting selected of course.

any preferences?

genres? what is better, already known series or not known series? are better recent series(last 10 years), or it's fine to go more way back?

guess so far we're going for mushishi as first serie

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#125 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

I don't really have any strong preference for a particular anime but off the top of my head there is Requiem for a Phantom, Spice and Wolf, Haibane Renmei, Steins Gate, Kokoro Connect, White Album 2, Another, Serial Experiments Lain, Eden of the East, Nana, Death Note, Shirobako, and of course Mushishi.  

Well I can do pretty much any genre except for mecha series; also what do you consider to be well known? Anything not on OMF's Top 100 anime? Either way I prefer to go with something that's not too obscure since those could easily end up being a flop. I would also suggest we don't do anything more than 2 cours since could become fatigued on a series like that (it's the only reason I wouldn't go with Monster).

We could do it like the Hurt / Heal game where each thread has a poll asking what the next anime to be re-watched should be. Or let a different member choose each time. :shrug:

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#126 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

ah no, for known, i was meaning series you've already watched vs series you didn't watch before, since there is an appeal in discovering new series too

polls definitely will be a good idea to have

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#127 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

I suggest Monster or Mushishi, to start with something known yet underrated

Mushishi is underrated? Its sales isn't great like meta series but I'm sure it's pretty critically acclaimed. You know, like Oscar-winning movies

I want White Album 2. I have wanted to watch it for a long time but caught between a bunch of other manga/anime I never find the time or urge to.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#128 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

Guys guys no, we gotta watch CCS.

White Album 2

My friend, you are in for one of the most heartwarming shows of the 2013 cycle.

Or let a different member choose each time.

In this format you could have: Someone puts up something they think no one else (but them) has bothered to watch, then we talk about that?

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#129 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

I know, that's why I want to watch it.

#130 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

I want White Album 2.
I have STRONG feelings about this anime....And I dunno if I wanna watch it again lol

Spoiler

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#131 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

Spoiler

You have a warped sense of reality.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#132 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Would you boys be interested in this @Ace1225 @Blue22 @secretzfan @Oben @Kaidou @FrostyMouse @Vl731 and also @Frozen_Flare if you're still alive lol

Sounds fun, depending on what we end up watching.

*Keeps reading*

Oh...Mushishi...I've heard of this. Didn't really interest me. But I suppose I can give it a shot if that's what everyone else wants to do.

#133 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

You have a warped sense of reality.

Spoiler

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#134 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:22 AM

We could do it like the Hurt / Heal game where each thread has a poll asking what the next anime to be re-watched should be.

I agree with the above. Also with your suggestions in general.

I really wish there was a way to message a group of members [1], because I want to ask you all for your top two recommendations that are at most 26 episodes (although personally I think 1 cour is enough for the first trial). Deadline this Friday for nominations, hold a poll over the weekend, and then start the next Monday?

My nominations: 
Sora no Woto
Mononoke

[1] Maybe I'll create a Discord server for that.

• Tokoya, Zeando and Kid Frost like this

#135 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:54 AM

Wait, do we need to watch White Album to watch White Album 2?

White Album 2 (Or Uchouten Kazoku)

Ping Pong

I have STRONG feelings about this anime....And I dunno if I wanna watch it again lol

It's bad or good? If bad, it helps you harden yourself. If good, who refuse a second chance? :D 

Edited by Fulmine, 21 March 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#136 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:38 AM

I have no clue about anime, but if you put out something interesting, I'll join ^^

• Otaku-N. likes this

#137 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:37 AM

Wait, do we need to watch White Album to watch White Album 2?

White Album 2 (Or Uchouten Kazoku)

Ping Pong

It's bad or good? If bad, it helps you harden yourself. If good, who refuse a second chance? :D

Nah White Album is a complete stand alone story from WA2 so you're all good

WA2 is a pretty good anime, I just personally had issues with what happened in the last 2 eps but depending on where you stand during those final two eps, everyone's opinions will either be one way or the other 

EDIT: @DaEvilWithin Apart from Mushishi and Ping Pong (I still haven't gotten around to watching this) my two recommendations would be:

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - Not sure if this classifies as being "underrated" but it's certainly not mainstream and personally this is probably one of if not the realest anime I've ever seen and is imo one of Madhouse's best

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - This one is a remake of a classic 70's anime of the same name and like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, this series defines the Japanese space opera/sci-fi genre to a tee

Both of these are 26 eps though.....Another one that's on my eye that I haven't seen yet (And is also highly praised) is Shinsekai Yori

Edited by Tokoya, 21 March 2017 - 02:58 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#138 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

I really wish there was a way to message a group of members [1], because I want to ask you all for your top two recommendations that are at most 26 episodes (although personally I think 1 cour is enough for the first trial). Deadline this Friday for nominations, hold a poll over the weekend, and then start the next Monday?

sounds great

nominations:
- City Hunter '91 (season 4) (13 episodes) (never watched this)
- Katanagatari (12 episodes) (already watched this, but wouldn't mind rewatching it)

or if we go with only not-previously-seen shows, Aria The Origination(13 eps) in the place of Katanagatari

it also depends on the pace we'll use to watch the picked show, action shows could be watched faster, while mystery or story heavy series could be watched slower

let's have anyway a new thread to sort this all out, you wanted to manage the nominations? @DaEvilWithin

Edited by Zeando, 21 March 2017 - 06:09 AM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#139 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

Serial Experiments Lain
Kokoro Connect

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#140 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

In my experience, the best thing to do with these kind of projects is to quickly decide on something and start watching, not wasting time with too many details

qhz8b56l.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users