3234 replies to this topic

#3201 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

Btw about Overhauls quirck:

Sine it was mentioned in this chapter that people were healed, even from their chronical diseases. So maybe Overhauls quirck is actually healing? In manga called Psyren there was a guy with that ability, who also could destroy people very much like Overhaul does. His healing worked so that first he destroyed damaged cells/tissue and then replaced it with new ones. So maybe Overhaul is blowing people up by first destroying their cells/tissues and skipping the second part completely.

• Raiden, PunkHazard and Madara D Dragon like this

17.jpg

#3202 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

I wonder which office they Sir intends to team up with: https://jaiminisbox....en/0/130/page/6

BnHA is the most realistic series I've come across. The characters's thought processes, reactions, and emotions are so real! 

• Raiden and Chillman like this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#3203 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

so i was wondering why sir and sirs sidekick were covered in sweat earlier.....  assumed to much... only now do i realize that it was raining....

• eemo23 and Red Opus like this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#3204 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

Damn, Deku is going thru it right now.

Seeing the different philosophies of All Might and Nighteye gives more clarity to their choices for the successor. Deku is more about the present and acting immediately like All Might is while Mirio is more of a thinker and plans for the future like Nighteye. 

• Raiden, retroluffy13, Madara D Dragon and 1 other like this

#3205 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

Btw about Overhauls quirck:

Sine it was mentioned in this chapter that people were healed, even from their chronical diseases. So maybe Overhauls quirck is actually healing? In manga called Psyren there was a guy with that ability, who also could destroy people very much like Overhaul does. His healing worked so that first he destroyed damaged cells/tissue and then replaced it with new ones. So maybe Overhaul is blowing people up by first destroying their cells/tissues and skipping the second part completely.

psyren is one of my favorite mangas of all time. Love this theory jus cause of the shout out
  • Raiden and Jekkusormi like this

#3206 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

I have a question for everyone

Does anyone think Funimation annouced sub dub thing is s April fools joke

#3207 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:09 AM

I have a question for everyone

Does anyone think Funimation annouced sub dub thing is s April fools joke

I don't know what you're talking about, but its not April 1st.

#3208 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:26 AM

psyren is one of my favorite mangas of all time. Love this theory jus cause of the shout out

Same goes for me. I'm still wishing that Psyren gets a resurrection and gets the anime it deserves
  • Raiden and PunkHazard like this

17.jpg

#3209 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

I don't know what you're talking about, but its not April 1st.

https://youtu.be/w5SfL20wqlk

#3210 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:24 AM

I love this manga so much. I love how at the beggining people went on bragging about how this was another Naruto with his Sasuke, his chunning exam and so on.

And the last chapters (since the Bakugo rescue arc) are proving more and more how how unique this manga is, taking different (and sometimes strictly opposite) paths a generic shonen would take.

This chapter right here is the ultimate proof, Deku isn't "the chosen one". He was chosen by fate (All Might actually chose him, but give it some days and he might have chosen Togata). I love it, and I hope the author doesn't ruin this later on. I mean, Deku can (and probablly WILL) prove he was the right choice, but don't make him the chose one later on, please. Anyway, this proves this mangas uniqueness definetivelly. (Screw you, Naruto, and your "effort makes the real ninja" when you were the chosen one from the very beggining").
  • Raiden, retroluffy13 and eemo23 like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#3211 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

no.  first season was dubbed right away as well.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#3212 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:12 AM

I love this manga so much. I love how at the beggining people went on bragging about how this was another Naruto with his Sasuke, his chunning exam and so on.

And the last chapters (since the Bakugo rescue arc) are proving more and more how how unique this manga is, taking different (and sometimes strictly opposite) paths a generic shonen would take.

This chapter right here is the ultimate proof, Deku isn't "the chosen one". He was chosen by fate (All Might actually chose him, but give it some days and he might have chosen Togata). I love it, and I hope the author doesn't ruin this later on. I mean, Deku can (and probablly WILL) prove he was the right choice, but don't make him the chose one later on, please. Anyway, this proves this mangas uniqueness definetivelly. (Screw you, Naruto, and your "effort makes the real ninja" when you were the chosen one from the very beggining").

Agreed, and the cheap route would be to make Togata evil - And I doubt that will happen given the author's writing so far.

Another thing I wanted to point out - I've read on other forums how people say "Future Deku is really underwhelming". When he says something bad will happen, it's not as bad as you would expect.

For example - Iida and Stain. People assume Iida would die or take Sasuke route. Horikoshi is a very clever writer and took the story a different way.

I actually like it this way. When Future Deku says something, it means we can expect something big to happen, but we need to be on our toes because the story is very unpredictable.

It's the fact that this story will always keep me guessing that I truly enjoy.

Another point - Not sure if it was here or another forum, but a user pointed out that Deku is like Nighteye on the outside and All Might on the inside. Deku likes to act on instinct to save everyone just like All Might. But he's a nerd and a huge All Might fan like Nighteye.

Meiro is like All Might on the outside - nice nody, cheery personality, but likes to think things through and doesn't act on the immediate good, like Nighteye. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#3213 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

Ok, so All Might just happened to run into Midoriya and ended up giving him OFA, doesn't that mean he deserved it? (Can someone plz enlight me on why is Deku so surprise about?)

Finally we got Bakugo! and Todoroki! (I'll settle with this)

• Urek Mazino likes this

0ad46516cd807f27e344afb947fdf188.gif

"Who the fuck am I to criticize your twisted state of mind?"

#3214 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

All Might trained Midoriya for several months before giving him OfA, it's not like he immidiately handed it over. So he had enough time to think it through, but still went with it, which should be enough to accept All Might's judgement imo.

• Five-Tailed-Fenrir and Urek Mazino like this

#3215 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

Ok, so All Might just happened to run into Midoriya and ended up giving him OFA, doesn't that mean he deserved it? (Can someone plz enlight me on why is Deku so surprise about?)

From what I understand, Deku is shocked/surprised because All Might never even got to meet Meiro. 

So, had All Might met Meiro before Deku, there is a chance he would have given him OFA. 

All Might trained Midoriya for several months before giving him OfA, it's not like he immidiately handed it over. So he had enough time to think it through, but still went with it, which should be enough to accept All Might's judgement imo.

That's what I'm curious about though  - I'm surprised AM never met Meiro during those months of training.

Although, it would have been a dick move to train Deku and then halfway say, "Whoop-di-doo, I've met a better candidate, adios!" 

Oh, then again, didn't Meiro become a master of his quirk over the months Deku was training? (If I have my timeline correct?)

• Raiden likes this

s7218980.jpg

#3216 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

@eemo23 , so you are suggesting that Midoriya is pitying Mirio? Why would he do that? I mean he always admired AM, so imo he should have just accepted that he simply got more lucky than Mirio and recieved OFA from AM.

#3217 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

@eemo23 , so you are suggesting that Midoriya is pitying Mirio? Why would he do that? I mean he always admired AM, so imo he should have just accepted that he simply got more lucky than Mirio and recieved OFA from AM.

more like;  hes questioning if meiro would have made a better successor then he would have because hes so awesome, even without one for all.  being the closest to number one without it.

Edited by retroluffy13, 16 March 2017 - 02:02 PM.

• Raiden and Chillman like this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#3218 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

more like;  hes questioning if mino would have made a better successor then he would have because hes so awesome, even without all for one.  being the closest to number one without it.

Details, details, if it how you say then Deku need to get more confidence in what he can do and stop the self-pitying it has gone way too long.

#3219 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

Details, details, if it how you say then Deku need to get more confidence in what he can do and stop the self-pitying it has gone way too long.

well I mean, that IS the point of a character arc after all.  to grow.

hes a flawed character.

no one in my hero academia is the "perfect" character.

Edited by retroluffy13, 16 March 2017 - 01:15 PM.

• Raiden likes this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#3220 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

well I mean, that IS the point of a character arc after all.  to grow.

hes a flawed character.

no one in my hero academia is the "perfect" character.

Yeah, but he has done so for the past 130 chapters, where did he grow, only that he manage to understand his quirk.

too much flaws imo.

Well Momo might refer to perfection! know what I mean.

On a serious note, ok no one is perfect but they others have shown more growth than Midoriya during the whole serie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users