3234 replies to this topic

#3221 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Yeah, but he has done so for the past 130 chapters, where did he grow, only that he manage to understand his quirk.

too much flaws imo.

Well Momo might refer to perfection! know what I mean.

On a serious note, ok no one is perfect but they others have shown more growth than Midoriya during the whole serie.

midorya hasn't had a reason to need to grow yet.  he hasn't been challenged on his ideals the way others have.

this is his reason.

also:  the beauty of this manga is if you don't like the main character, there are plenty of others to identify with.  I'm more of a torodoki guy myself.

Edited by retroluffy13, 16 March 2017 - 01:50 PM.

• Chillman likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#3222 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

@eemo23 , so you are suggesting that Midoriya is pitying Mirio? Why would he do that? I mean he always admired AM, so imo he should have just accepted that he simply got more lucky than Mirio and recieved OFA from AM.

I think it's self-guilt and not pity - 

Think about it: The recent chapters highlight Deku talking to Sir about how he's chosen by AM. And Deku's going about wanting to prove why he was "chosen". 

And now, Deku realizes that he wasn't "chosen" in the way he thought he was by AM. He was simply in the right place at the right time. 

It's more about Deku realizing that fate had a larger role to play than just his characteristics really, not that he's special or anything.

But it's like you said, Deku needs to accept it. His fate was such that he wouldn't have a quirk too. 

Oh and also - It's mainly because there's Sir who's putting pressure on Deku saying that he doesn't see anything special in Deku.

Deku has a need to prove that he's special because it's such a precious ability. And he feels even worse I guess because All Might has just said there was no super special reason for why he was "chosen" over others.

• Raiden and Chillman like this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#3223 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

midorya hasn't had a reason to need to grow yet.  he hasn't been challenged on his ideals the way others have.

this is his reason.

also:  the beauty of this manga is if you don't like the main character, there are plenty of others to identify with.  I'm more of a torodoki guy myself.

Fair enough.

Bakugo all the way.

I think it's self-guilt and not pity - 

Think about it: The recent chapters highlight Deku talking to Sir about how he's chosen by AM. And Deku's going about wanting to prove why he was "chosen". 

And now, Deku realizes that he wasn't "chosen" in the way he thought he was by AM. He was simply in the right place at the right time. 

It's more about Deku realizing that fate had a larger role to play than just his characteristics really, not that he's special or anything.

But it's like you said, Deku needs to accept it. His fate was such that he wouldn't have a quirk too. 

Oh and also - It's mainly because there's Sir who's putting pressure on Deku saying that he doesn't see anything special in Deku.

Deku has a need to prove that he's special because it's such a precious ability. And he feels even worse I guess because All Might has just said there was no super special reason for why he was "chosen" over others.

Fair enough, altho I do think he always had doubt about himself having OFA, so even tho he was simply "at the right place, at the right time." I would still call that pity over guilt. 

• retroluffy13 and eemo23 like this

fcfe04fad68d4aafcb09c9c667b48dcf.jpeg

"We are not your kind."

#3224 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

My drawing of Ochako!

Spoiler

• Tokoya, retroluffy13, number21 and 2 others like this

#3225 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

http://mangastream.c...emia/131/4124/1

17.jpg

#3226 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:18 AM

ah so this was option number two then.  dekus not worried about his place as successor so much as he is all mights life

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#3227 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

So we continue the All Might death watch, I don't know I just don't know, eventually he is going to die, that is something we are going to have to accept. I do wonder will Nighteye have a grudge against Midoriya. He might become an antagonist.

And Nejire looked adorable and super strong, she is my chapter MVP.

#3228 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

Great chapter, but interesting Hero name... "Suneater"... 

Also, do we know who is behind Kirishima when he is next to Suneater? Is that their mentor? 

If Suneater's ability is to absorb light, then holy ****, he and Tokoyami would make a great pair. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#3229 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,188 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

All I gotta say is HYPEEEEEEEEEEE

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3230 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

Great chapter, 

Is Nighteye's team gonna be all right? I mean Nighteye could easily throw away Midoriya, although All Might might die to the hand of Overhaul....too hype to even think about what may happen onward!

How is Midoriya planning on changing All Might's set destiny? This could very well be interesting!

Cover Page tho! Bakugo and Todoroki, that is what badass is all about! (Momo was left out this chapter, huh....)

"We are not your kind."

#3231 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

Even though I was the one who linked this chapter here I somehow missed the Suneater page :D

I wonder what Nejires quirk actually is. Any ideas?

17.jpg

#3232 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

Even though I was the one who linked this chapter here I somehow missed the Suneater page :D

I wonder what Nejires quirk actually is. Any ideas?

I think it might be air pressure or something of that sort, looked like that to me.

"We are not your kind."

#3233 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

As Cavaner on Reddit pointed out:

"Man, Horikoshi had this arc planned out from Chapter 46! You remember that page at the beginning of the chapter, that showed Deku, Uraraka, Tsuyu and Kirishima on the skyscraper? It's actually happening! What sort of crazy foreshadowing is that?!" 

This is the page: http://manga.famatg..../en/0/46/page/5

• number21, Urek Mazino, Madara D Dragon and 1 other like this

s7218980.jpg

#3234 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

OHMYGOOOOD THERE IS A BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA TOPIC IN THE BIG THREE PLACE I HOPE IT'S NOT AN ERROR AND PEOPLE REALIZE THIS MANGAS POTENTIAL :aww: :aww: :aww:

(Doesn't let me post a new topic about last chapters discussion... )
  • number21 and eemo23 like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#3235 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,800 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

Hey guys- closed this thread since you guys now have a full forum to spread out into (and since it's well past the point threads normally get closed anyway). Have fun :D

• eemo23 and Slimcoder like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users