#41 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,686 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

Great chapter. Comedy and characters were on point, imo. Iida refusing to join Deku because of his own motivation was great. I feel like the author is setting them up for a Class B upset, but I'm really not sure how anyone is going to beat Lightning Guy's group.

• Fulmine, Tale and Blink22 like this

#42 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

Noone's any less guilty of copyright infringement than the other. Anyway Batoto has all its images on hi rez, and I often connect on a mobile account. So thats out.

Its about supporting the scanlation community that provides the chapters for you

#43 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

I really hope Tokoyami ends up stealing the show for this match. He's my favorite side character and Horikoshi has me intrigued when Deku said he needed someone with "muscle."

So glad we are getting more variety in who gets focused on so some other characters can get significant screen time. It would be boring if we always get the same side characters with Deku. It also served to give some good development and characterization to IIda.

Honestly if Kacchan hadn't made such a terrible impression, he and Kirishima could have gotten Tetsutetsu on their team with his iron hardening quirk. They could have made such an impenetrable horse that would allow Kacchan to go wild. Well they could also get Kouda (sad rock face guy) on their team if he also has a hardening type quirk.

IIda's team looks very strong on paper first but after thinking it over, they don't have a lot of good synergy with each other even with two very capable tacticians within the team. IIda's very limited with his legs since he can't magically make the other two legs acting as the horse keep up with his speed and he probably won't act as the lone horse for the majority of the match.

Kaminari is the biggest weak link within the group since his stun gun can't do anything in the proximity of his team members since they will also take damage. Momo could make an insulator to avoid this but it could get stolen too. This could have changed though if Kaminari improved/trained his quirk more during the preparation period for the Sports Festival.

Todoroki will always have to be attentive and carefully control his quirk during the majority of the match so to not fuck over his teammates. Momo could do something about this though but not sure what she could create to be wary of this.

So pretty much as I see it, this very strong team on first look have absolutely nothing over Team Flight right now and they won't be able to stop Deku who is another capable tactician when he flys all over the arena when they get close.

Also, with 13 teams apperantly set up, it seems we'll have quite a few three-person horses or even a horse with two people!
  • Tale likes this

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#44 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,597 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

I agree that Iida's team doesn't seem to have a lot of synergy.

Todoroki and Kaminari look like they can be a danger to their teammates and I'm having trouble seeing what Iida can contribute to the formation. (Momo could make roller-skates or something, but the formation has two people at the back, so not sure how that will work.) Still, making Todoriki or Kaminari the "horse" makes them pretty hard to approach, but what they really need to do is be able to take down the others. (Maybe Todoriki in front to freeze their targets to the ground?)

And I'm suddenly interested in Fumikage. Izuku's calls are usually good, so I'm curious to see what Fumikage can do. 

Edited by Tale, 24 January 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#45 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

@Fulmine
This thread was more to get the series exposure. So people who have read it can add their thoughts to my small review and discuss the series as a whole (rather than the latest chapter).

Is WSJ so desperate to start advertising on various forums?

The next great thing? :rolleyes:

so that bird thing, his power involves shadows.

This is wanabe dota/lol manga :ph34r:

#46 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

Why has the thread been moved here ?

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#47 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,625 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

MY BBY URARAKA

#48 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

>Izuku has the jetpack on

Oh, I see. After reading a certain comment on Batoto, that makes sense. See, Izuku's team's tactic should be to focus on evading conflict as much as possible, since they don't need to take any headbands to reach 1s place. What to do, then, with the available members?

1) Have Uraraka remove everyone's weight (except her own, I guess);

2) Ride Tokoyami's shadow beast;

3) Use Hatsume's jetpack to fly into the air.

Result: Most contenders won't be able to reach, and if they try attacking to bring the horse down, it's an automatic disqualification! The shadow beast can also do partial shapeshifting and keep away those who try approaching!

The only ones who could hope to reach them are those with quirks that allow them to fly somehow - which should include Bakugou's team (spam explosions) as well as Momo (makes a flying vehicle), Todoroki (fuels the vehicleand fends off attackers) and Kaminari (also fuels it).

Edited by Moon_Hermit, 24 January 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#49 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,180 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

Pretty good chapter. Tokoyami didn't seem to thrilled to be part of this team given his unenthusiastic response on the last page. I wonder how they got him to join the team. Still, it is an interesting mix of abilities and I'm looking forward to see how they work together. With anti gravity and jet packs they should easily be able to fly around the field. Though IIda's team seems overpowered. You have him, Momo, Todoroki, and Kaminari. All very strong characters, but Kaminari would probably be the weak link given how his powers work. I can see him easily shocking everyone on his team by accident or something. Though maybe Momo can create something for them to avoid that. 

Though what interested me most in this issue is the focus the student who finished #36 in the preliminary round got. Given how calm and collected he seemed after placing 36th last chapter with that slight smirk on his face I had a feeling something was strange about him. So seeing him get an entire page to himself in this chapter confirms that. It seems he is from Class B and I wonder if he is their President or like Todoroki is their strongest student. I'm really looking forward to see what kind of quirks class B has actually.

#50 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:39 PM

I like that the author is constantly giving the spotlight to new characters, which is a pretty good sign that the whole class will become "major characters" a la Negima or something like that in the future. 

This is developing quite nicely... Though I'm still wondering where the hell the other A class is o.o

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

#51 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

I like that the author is constantly giving the spotlight to new characters, which is a pretty good sign that the whole class will become "major characters" a la Negima or something like that in the future. 

This is developing quite nicely... Though I'm still wondering where the hell the other A class is o.o

My biggest worry is if the series becomes overwhelmed in characters. Like Negima. We hardly got to see any of Zazie! My greatest like of this show is its pacing; too many characters can threaten to slow it down

Edited by Nyanko, 24 January 2015 - 08:24 PM.

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#52 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

My biggest worry is if the series becomes overwhelmed in characters. Like Negima. We hardly got to see any of Zazie! My greatest like of this show is its pacing; too many characters can threaten to slow it down

You don't have to worry about this.  Even though it didn't last long, Oumagadoki Zoo had a large main cast, but Horikoshi did look like he wanted to rotate which animals get the spotlight

If Matsui-sensei can make AC's relatively plain Class E memorable, I'm sure Horikoshi-sensei can as well

Chapter 27:

So the Cavalry this time allows Warhorses to continue playing even if the formation breaks or the headband is taken, huh?  Interesting

I'm particularly curious about the formation rule though.  Does this mean it's alright for the Rider to detach from the Horse and strike in mid-air?  If so, Bakugou will benefit the most from this rule

Speaking of which, I knew Bakugou's team will have bad coordination, but this is worst than I imagined

Also, if one knows how Cavalry works, one will realise that Tsuyu is too much of a mismatch to function as a Horse, so she never stood a chance of being in Izuku's team.  If anything, she's a Rider

Iida's team

I was wondering the whole time if Iida will be satisfied continuing to side with Izuku.  Turns out not

I've seen suggestions that Momo might create a sled for the whole to ride on, which combined with Todoroki's ice will lighten Iida's load

Personally, I think Momo might create a chariot, and there is still a chance she'll create armor and shields for the Warhorse as a whole

Iida is definitely a Horse, and Todoroki's ice seems to be ground-based, so he'll be a Horse as well.  The ice can also be used to defend the Warhorse's sides

As for Momo, depending on whether she'll focus on creating light or heavy items, she'll either be the Rider or a Horse respectively

In turn, this leaves Kaminari to either be a Horse or the Rider.  In a team situation, he needs Momo's insulation items to maximise his potential.  Still, chances are high he'll be the electric fence that guards the headband, making him the Rider

Izuku's team

I knew Tokoyami will play a Horse, but for him to create a Shadow Griffon (looks like a Chocobo though) and be on Izuku's team, that is way too awesome

I'm also tempted to say that Ochako can allow the team to fly, but that depends on a few factors first:

1. Does she still get dizziness/nausea when she makes herself float?
  2. Does the combined weight of the whole team reach her "vomiting limit"?

As long as these conditions don't come into effect, then flight is an option

Furthermore, how much can Tokoyami stretch his Dark Shadow?  And how long can it be sustained at that?

If he can only do this in short bursts, then the team will eventually have to return to ground from time to time

But even if they can't fly, Izuku's team has a ton of ground mobility, and with everyone coming after this team, they need mobility

I bet Hatsume's Quirk gives her Keen Eyes, so after giving all her equipment to Izuku, she can serve as a scout for the whole team.

Tokoyami's Dark Shadow can give them a battering ram or a side-to-side defense

Pretty good chapter. Tokoyami didn't seem to thrilled to be part of this team given his unenthusiastic response on the last page.

Though what interested me most in this issue is the focus the student who finished #36 in the preliminary round got. Given how calm and collected he seemed after placing 36th last chapter with that slight smirk on his face I had a feeling something was strange about him. So seeing him get an entire page to himself in this chapter confirms that. It seems he is from Class B and I wonder if he is their President or like Todoroki is their strongest student. I'm really looking forward to see what kind of quirks class B has actually.

Unenthusiastic?  I think he is enthusiastic, just quietly so.  People with shadow abilities in manga are usually quiet and not overtly expressive, no?

I think #36 may be Class B's President, or at least a leader of strategist.

And you know what I realised after that page?  This game is Izuku vs everyone ... only from Class A's perspective

To Class B, it's Class B vs Class A.  See the implications?

While Class A will be fighting amongst themselves, Class B will all be targeting Class A and not each other

I bet that around half-time of the 15 minutes, Class A will finally focus on repelling Class B

• Blink22 likes this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#53 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

I bet Hatsume's Quirk gives her Keen Eyes, so after giving all her equipment to Izuku, she can serve as a scout for the whole team.
Tokoyami's Dark Shadow can give them a battering ram or a side-to-side defense

I think Gadget Girl and Deku will get on well together through the series; I mean, look at how they geeked out about all her equipment? They have a common point, she made it to the next round by using her wits; so did he. Anyway I too wonder on Falco's reasons for joining Deku. So Infinity Girl, Gadget Girl and Captain Falco go with Deku... really, he needs a better superhero name.

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

#54 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

IIda's very limited with his legs since he can't magically make the other two legs acting as the horse keep up with his speed and he probably won't act as the lone horse for the majority of the match.

Not a problem. Momo can just create some vehicles for the other 2 and Iida does not have to be at his full speed.

Kaminari is the biggest weak link within the group since his stun gun can't do anything in the proximity of his team members since they will also take damage.

Todoroki will always have to be attentive and carefully control his quirk during the majority of the match so to not fuck over his teammates.

Aside from fighting, they can use their power to boost the speed. I mean it's not so far-fetched that Momo can make some wheels that run by electricity or jetfire.

And I'm suddenly interested in Fumikage. Izuku's calls are usually good, so I'm curious to see what Fumikage can do.

Shadow rules :angry: Kouhei is reminding his favorite and inspiring One Piece's mangaka to bring Moria back.

• Nyanko likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#55 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,180 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

Unenthusiastic?  I think he is enthusiastic, just quietly so.  People with shadow abilities in manga are usually quiet and not overtly expressive, no?

I think #36 may be Class B's President, or at least a leader of strategist.

I don't know. Him responding "Yeah..." just didn't really seem like he was all that excited. I mean being on Deku's team means that you are going to have to be constantly on defense because his headband is worth more than anyone elses, so everyone will be gunning for him. I mean everyone was avoiding being on Deku's team. Uraraka only joined because they are friends and Hatsume only joined because being on his team would mean that she would get a lot of attention. Since everyone is going after them. So I just wonder why Tokoyami decided to join. I just wonder if in the next chapter we get a brief flashback of Deku trying to convince him to join or something.

#56 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

And you know what I realised after that page?  This game is Izuku vs everyone ... only from Class A's perspective
To Class B, it's Class B vs Class A.  See the implications?

While Class A will be fighting amongst themselves, Class B will all be targeting Class A and not each other
I bet that around half-time of the 15 minutes, Class A will finally focus on repelling Class B

I also had this feeling after reading the page where number 36 made his little deceleration of war that Class B will most likely come out on top during this match to end the preliminaries so as to establish them as rivals and to give the arc some tension going into the main event rounds of the Sports Festival. I don't know where this will fit the mind controlling guy from the General Ed Department since Horikoshi has been stealthily fitting him into the scene with the Heroics kids.

Really though, I am sure Deku and his team will shine majorly throughout the match (hoping for Fumikage to steal the show) but I just don't see him winning this calvary battle and I don't see any of his rivals from Class A coming out on top either so I'm betting that a team from Class B wins the preliminaries. Maybe it could be from a two-person horse?

Edited by Blink22, 25 January 2015 - 01:28 AM.

• Nyanko likes this

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#57 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:24 AM

This part of the chapter was hilarious

Spoiler

I'm starting to like Bakugo's character for the self-centric, idiotic jerk that he is. :lol: I also like the hardening guy that sticks around him.

I liked how Deku immediately though about All Might when he felt the pressure of the first place. If this is how it feels to momentarily capture the top in a school event, just how much does someone that stands at the top of multiple generations of heroes world wide has to endure ? I bet that's what he was thinking. I really like his personality he makes for a great main character.

Now in regards to Iida's decision, i'm not at all against his view and desire to reach the top and win against his friend. I would have respected him and his decision a lot more if he acted as the "captain" of the team, if he would be the standout member that gathers others around him and makes it work. Him being in the same team as Todoroki and Momo, two elites in their own right, takes a bit away from his "i'll walk my own path and win" kind of deal in my eyes.

Edited by Sanji, 25 January 2015 - 03:30 AM.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#58 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

I like Gadget girl... was really hoping we get to know more of her so soon. Also dat chocobo XD

Also seriously... he missed out that Invisigirl's quirk is Invisibility?! Or did he just miss her because she was invisible XC

Obviously invisigirl is best rider. No way to know where the headband is XD

• Nyanko likes this

#59 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

Obviously invisigirl is best rider. No way to know where the headband is XD

But you can see her clothes and anything she is wearing...

#60 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:54 AM

But you wouldn't know where to grab above the neckline.

Better yet, why assume she's not going to go full commando and strip in front of millions of people?

Edited by Lone_ant, 25 January 2015 - 06:55 AM.

• Guardian-Angel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users