48 replies to this topic

#21 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

except raccoons are scary and have little human like hands so that much isn't a streach.

Edited by retroluffy13, 26 January 2015 - 08:35 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#22 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

You know how Zoro can talk recognizably even with a freaking sword hilt in his mouth? Like that except with hooves and reindeer brain.
  • Petite Fleur likes this

#23 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

Basically - artistic liberties. A writers "realism be gone" spray.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#24 Ganderath

Ganderath

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • LocationSerbian Fetish Dungeon

User's Awards

2    2   

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

You know how Zoro can talk recognizably even with a freaking sword hilt in his mouth?

He's a ventriloquist, clearly.

Who are you to upset his dreams of running a comedy act?

It's why he got the swords.

So he could be a real cut up, get it?

• BoriketheBlackDragon likes this

9uDrnRm.png

#25 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

You know how Zoro can talk recognizably even with a freaking sword hilt in his mouth? Like that except with hooves and reindeer brain.

So Choppers heart allows him to pick stuff up?

95d.png

PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!

#26 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:09 PM

Yes.

#27 Tiago

Tiago

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:30 AM

Science and One Piece in the same sentence dont work together. People keep doing the same mistake by trying to explain stuff that happens in one piece compared to reality..

I mean, I dont see anyone wondering why there are gorillaz swimming in the water because they are fishes.

i2BzEHL.png

#28 Ganderath

Ganderath

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • LocationSerbian Fetish Dungeon

User's Awards

2    2   

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

I mean, I dont see anyone wondering why there are gorillaz swimming in the water because they are fishes.

It depends on if they have snorkels or not.

9uDrnRm.png

#29 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:05 AM

Weird I can use this thread but not part 2 since it's been archived.

I pointed out in the chapter 849 discussion thread and I will say it again here.

Oda destroyed Chopper chance of being awesome this chapter.

Chopper has 3 main transformations. reindeer, human and hybrid this transformations are called in the same order walk, heavy and brain. Apart from this ones he has numerous others transformation that Imo are silly and serve little if no purpose.

He also has monster point which was introduced in EL as a berserk transformation that was to be feared. We saw monster point again in SA and he made kuma shift his body weight to prepare to send him away (to this point kuma was a statue that barely moved) giving more hype to this transformation.

After the ts we see chopper transforming during FI and I thought that was just Oda showing us that Chopper now has total control of this transformation.

In Dressrosa he transformed to get away from BM ship and I thought to myself that it was a reasonable decision to not play around with the crew of yonko.

Now in TL he transformed into monster point to fight homies. HOMIES! In the end he gets captured  :glare: .

He transforms again into monster point to fight Brulle and some other fodders...

I'm not happy with chopper performance in the new world. while trying to calm myself because this racoon did nothing for two years while the rest of the crew trained their arse offs. If he costs the tittle of Pirate King to Luffy I... Ok, that wont happen but seriously by using his best move to beat fodders he shows that all the other transformations are weak and that monster point his only good for weaklings. Not to mention the drawbacks of not moving for 11 hours.

Am I the only one having all this thoughts?

• Insane Soul likes this

#30 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,617 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

Oda turned everyone not Monster Trio irrelevant in the new world which is annoying, there a few cases like Franky and Brook being awesome but they don't last long enough to compensate the bullshit of pandering.

Chopper only using Monster Point is almost insulting.
  • Tale likes this

#31 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:37 PM

Thanks @Insane_Soul for agreeing with me. The fact that no one mentioned this was driving me crazy.

I have to admit Chopper had a major character development. He used to be a coward like Ussop and now he's more courageous than half the crew.
His dream is to cure all diseases? Thats not going to happen so just make him a fighting machine.

Chopper only way of being interesting is by making multiple forms of monster point. For example, the monster point we know is the moster point of brain point meaning that there would monster heavy point, monster ealk point amd so on.

#32 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:56 PM

Eh, if you only have a couple of panels to finish the fight, and the opponent is giant, Monster Point is the most efficient way to do it. It's not exactly exiting, but it does the job. The arc has barely even gotten started yet.

• Chillman likes this

#33 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:07 PM

Eh, if you only have a couple of panels to finish the fight, and the opponent is giant, Monster Point is the most efficient way to do it. It's not exactly exiting, but it does the job. The arc has barely even gotten started yet.

That is the problem, you are doing it for the sake of the chapter, not for the sake of the character.

It is not an excuse either, if this has been happening since Punk Hazard heck, I don't even remember what Chopper did during Dressrosa arc, but pretty sure it was Monster Point because I can't remember a different point since he used Kung Fu in Punk Hazard. That is not Chopper.

Chopper is someone who prioritizes his regular forms because he knows how taxing is Monster Point, for gods sake, that was the point of his training, not to rely on his Rumble Balls. What does Oda do? Disregard all of that so Chopper has a pitiable fight against fodder. Because sadly, that was what it was; also, using Monster Point when they were on an alternate dimension, SURROUNDED and just him and the bunny? It worked because LolOda, but that choice was stupid as fuck.

Edited by Insane Soul, 10 December 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#34 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

That is the problem, you are doing it for the sake of the chapter, not for the sake of the character.

It is not an excuse either, if this has been happening since Punk Hazard heck, I don't even remember what Chopper did during Dressrosa arc, but pretty sure it was Monster Point because I can't remember a different point since he used Kung Fu in Punk Hazard. That is not Chopper.

Chopper is someone who prioritizes his regular forms because he knows how taxing is Monster Point, for gods sake, that was the point of his training, not to rely on his Rumble Balls. What does Oda do? Disregard all of that so Chopper has a pitiable fight against fodder. Because sadly, that was what it was; also, using Monster Point when they were on an alternate dimension, SURROUNDED and just him and the bunny? It worked because LolOda, but that choice was stupid as fuck.

Instead of focusing on how Oda broke your interpretation of Chopper though, you could take into account, uhuh, character development. Yes I said it, MAYBE the way Oda wants Chopper to act and fight now isn't the way you want Chopper. Yeah, Chopper fights differently. Maybe it's intended? Try to wrap your head around it for a second, there's a bunch of reasons you could consider:

- These are still crewmembers of a Yonkou. The hardest hitting move might actually just be the best move.

- Chopper literally is in puberty right now. Monster edgy yolo.

- Oda wants to show off Chopper acknowledging his own monstrosity some more

- Chopper wants to impress Carrot (shiiiip) with flashy moves... (puberty, remember?)

- If Carrot hadn't taken down Diesel, you don't know what Chopper would've done. Nothing speaks against Huge Form vs. Giant Enemy into Fast Form vs. Fast Enemy.

Now I have my doubts that this really applies, but Oda not fulfilling YOUR SUBJECTIVE WISHLIST is not the same as failing CHOPPER AS A CHARACTER.

(Caps for highlighting)

Before you rage, at least try considering some other options, jeez.

That being said, the chapter is more important than the character. Plot progression is more important than character development as well, imho. And Chopper wasn't in Dressrosa for the most part, although he did use Strong Point to beat Jola, but w/e ;) )

#35 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:00 PM

- These are still crewmembers of a Yonkou. The hardest hitting move might actually just be the best move.

- Chopper literally is in puberty right now. Monster edgy yolo.

- Oda wants to show off Chopper acknowledging his own monstrosity some more

- Chopper wants to impress Carrot (shiiiip) with flashy moves... (puberty, remember?)

- If Carrot hadn't taken down Diesel, you don't know what Chopper would've done. Nothing speaks against Huge Form vs. Giant Enemy into Fast Form vs. Fast Enemy.

Now I have my doubts that this really applies, but Oda not fulfilling YOUR SUBJECTIVE WISHLIST is not the same as failing CHOPPER AS A CHARACTER.

(Caps for highlighting)

Before you rage, at least try considering some other options, jeez.

That being said, the chapter is more important than the character. Plot progression is more important than character development as well, imho. And Chopper wasn't in Dressrosa for the most part, although he did use Strong Point to beat Jola, but w/e ;) )

Subjective Wishlist? This is not even about what I want Chopper to do in One Piece anymore, it will be the same.

"WAHHH I AM SCARED"

"MUST RUN"

"FRANKY SO COOL"

"MUST RUN WITH NAMI AND USOOP AGAIN"

"*time factor of the arc* MUST USE MONSTER POINT"

"It is n-not like I want you to praise me"

About the reasons you linked, they sound good in theory, but until Oda points it out in a chapter (Not), they are just wishful thinking. Remember that moment with Zoro and Chopper in Strong Point? That was so good, because it was brought up there by Chopper, it wasn't fan interpretation.

Yes, I am aware Chopper used Strong Point, but that barely counts as point when it has been his Regular Punching form even before the timeskip. Where is Horn, Kung Fu, and Defense point?

Plot Progression is fine, but this is not a problem of this arc, it has been a problem of the manga since the timeskip. And I wouldn't mind much if I didn't know for a fact when Shit goes ham, Oda will spend a goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood amount of time pandering to the Zolo fanboys fighting the world, and the other half Luffy vs Big Mom, while the rest of the Crew, sadly is in the background shouting "GO LUFFY" or "YOU CAN DO IT ZORO". Why One Piece has been good at the moment? or why Dressrosa wasn't an utter disaster? Focus on Brook and Franky other than fighting Background Characters.

Remember Monet? a perfect opportunity that Nami, not even Chopper could show her skills? LOLZORO.

Remember Chopper's Rage on Ceasar for drugging kids and mutating their bodies? All threw to the sink for a funny scene.

Edited by Insane Soul, 10 December 2016 - 06:03 PM.

#36 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

Subjective Wishlist? This is not even about what I want Chopper to do in One Piece anymore, it will be the same.
"WAHHH I AM SCARED"
"MUST RUN"
"FRANKY SO COOL"
"MUST RUN WITH NAMI AND USOOP AGAIN"
"*time factor of the arc* MUST USE MONSTER POINT"
"It is n-not like I want you to praise me"

About the reasons you linked, they sound good in theory, but until Oda points it out in a chapter (Not), they are just wishful thinking. Remember that moment with Zoro and Chopper in Strong Point? That was so good, because it was brought up there by Chopper, it wasn't fan interpretation.

Yes, I am aware Chopper used Strong Point, but that barely counts as point when it has been his Regular Punching form even before the timeskip. Where is Horn, Kung Fu, and Defense point?

Plot Progression is fine, but this is not a problem of this arc, it has been a problem of the manga since the timeskip. And I wouldn't mind much if I didn't know for a fact when Shit goes ham, Oda will spend a goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood amount of time pandering to the Zolo fanboys fighting the world, and the other half Luffy vs Big Mom, while the rest of the Crew, sadly is in the background shouting "GO LUFFY" or "YOU CAN DO IT ZORO". Why One Piece has been good at the moment? or why Dressrosa wasn't an utter disaster? Focus on Brook and Franky other than fighting Background Characters.

Remember Monet? a perfect opportunity that Nami, not even Chopper could show her skills? LOLZORO.

Most of those are general concerns you can have with OP, but they apply from Chapter 1. Sure, increasing the amount of characters exponentially after Sabaody plays a role, but Luffy always got the biggest fights (I don't get why this is an issue tbh), and Zoro gets the No. 2 fight after it... ever since the year 2000. This is worth talking about, and has been quite a lot, but eh, it's not even remotely a new thing.

Usopp also got more focus on Dressrosa than Zoro ( :meditate: ). Although I don't particularly care, I don't judge a series by the performance of my favorite characters ;)

I agree that Chopper got less variety in his fights, and more would be cool, but I don't think it's breaking character, especially not in a small fight early in the arc like this. Chopper had a bunch of good scenes as a doctor recently (healing Zunisha, treating Pekoms etc.), which are far more defining for his character than is fighting style. When Nami uses lightning instead of normal weather on opponents, nobody bats an eye, because her role as navigator is far more defining.

(The Monet fight was about Tashigi though, while she didn't beat Monet, it was clearly for her character.)

Btw, I reported that we're in the old thread, I hope they unarchive the new one.

Edited by Oben, 10 December 2016 - 06:29 PM.

#37 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:03 AM

Chopper assessed that he had to deal with several difficult enemies. Maybe he could've beaten them without the balls, but would've been difficult and take too long. He took the smart approach.

#38 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

It wasn't smart because they didn't know the extend of the Witch's ability in her world. 

The problem is not using Monster Point, the problem is failing to do anything in Monster Point (which is to say, 50% 50% these days) and just getting defenseless for a couple of minutes, enough to be cooked alive.

It worked because, again, LolOda.

But after seeing Alabasta, Skypiea, Water 7, and Fishman Island, Chopper is better than just ramming through with Brute Strength.

Most of those are general concerns you can have with OP, but they apply from Chapter 1. Sure, increasing the amount of characters exponentially after Sabaody plays a role, but Luffy always got the biggest fights (I don't get why this is an issue tbh), and Zoro gets the No. 2 fight after it... ever since the year 2000. This is worth talking about, and has been quite a lot, but eh, it's not even remotely a new thing.

Usopp also got more focus on Dressrosa than Zoro ( :meditate: ). Although I don't particularly care, I don't judge a series by the performance of my favorite characters ;)

I agree that Chopper got less variety in his fights, and more would be cool, but I don't think it's breaking character, especially not in a small fight early in the arc like this. Chopper had a bunch of good scenes as a doctor recently (healing Zunisha, treating Pekoms etc.), which are far more defining for his character than is fighting style. When Nami uses lightning instead of normal weather on opponents, nobody bats an eye, because her role as navigator is far more defining.

(The Monet fight was about Tashigi though, while she didn't beat Monet, it was clearly for her character.)

Btw, I reported that we're in the old thread, I hope they unarchive the new one.

It is not even about my 'favorite characters', because this applies to Nami, Robin as well.

There is a problem with this, it makes the point of the so called training in the timeskip null, if 'proving their worth' to Luffy amounts to running around with different clothes, while casually beating Fodder. I don't mind the overexposure to Zolo and Luffy, if the rest actually got sufficient screentime that is not running around or living gags.

Edited by Insane Soul, 11 December 2016 - 02:58 PM.

#39 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:50 PM

You all should also take into account, regardless of the concept of Chopper not being that cool/fighting with another style etc., that monster point may not be Choppers strongest move now. Like, seriously, everyone on Fishman Island was using moves which weren't his/her strongest whatsoever, so I really believe monster point isn't Choppers' strongest move, it's like his Gear 2/3 (imo). So even if you obviously can argue about how his character has been downgraded or how he isn't as good as a character as he was, or that he isn't portrayed as It should, always take into account what I said may be an option, so it's not as simple as "Chopper neede to use his strongest move to beat fodder", as we don't know what his strongest move is.  :shrug:

To mee it looks like people ranting about Luffy using Gear 2 and 3 all the time even against fodder. Just chill, and wait till we see our little raccoon use his all out move  :aww:  (the bad part of this which I perfectly understand you may criticize is the fact that Oda won't be showing him on a situation like that till god know when..  :-_-: )

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#40 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

He used brain point to deduce that monster point was better. Do we even know if those rumble balls still disable him? All we know is that MP has a time limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users