• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

The brain Point you are talking about is dead, even if still possesses the quirks of the original brain Point, he has to do it with the hooves, the 'scanning' in other words. And no, I am not going to buy the 'he can do it anytime!' Excuse if we have legit no backup that he can use the brain point as before.

He used chibi/brain to get loose, simple as that.

#42 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,081 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:45 PM

It wasn't smart because they didn't know the extend of the Witch's ability in her world. 

To some extent I agree, but remember that a) they spent quite some time being chased by her so they can indeed grasp her abilities (she had to physically chase and chain them, so it's clear that she's different from say Capone's omnipotent powers in his castle), and b.) lightning (from Nami) efficiently took down Brûlée before, so accepting Carrot's move as a finisher wasn't unreasonable.

The problem is not using Monster Point, the problem is failing to do anything in Monster Point (which is to say, 50% 50% these days) and just getting defenseless for a couple of minutes, enough to be cooked alive.

This has been brought up before, he is not defenseless right now from all we have seen. If he stays in Monster Point only for a short time, maybe he doesn't feel the backlash (as much), that's not unlikely. G4-Luffy was Cracker was the same, he could also refuel before the deadline.

But after seeing Alabasta, Skypiea, Water 7, and Fishman Island, Chopper is better than just ramming through with Brute Strength.

That depends on the enemy. The fight with Mr. 4 was really tough for them, I'm pretty sure Chopper would've liked the option to smack him down instantly. Gedatsu was difficult because strength was useless against the swamp, while on Water 7, Chopper indeed had to go Monster Point to defeat Kumadori. And on Fishman Island, raw strength turned out to be the best option as well. Now we have a giant Crocodile, larger than Dosun and Kumadori, and member of a Yonkou's crew. As long as it works... it works.

It is not even about my 'favorite characters', because this applies to Nami, Robin as well.

Robin is difficult to discuss because she barely gets large fights (pre- and post-TS), while Nami actually uses most of her arsenal. Sure, lightning is her main finisher now, but for example against Cracker, she stayed with regular weather control.

There is a problem with this, it makes the point of the so called training in the timeskip null, if 'proving their worth' to Luffy amounts to running around with different clothes, while casually beating Fodder. I don't mind the overexposure to Zolo and Luffy, if the rest actually got sufficient screentime that is not running around or living gags.

None of the SHs is irrelevant to arcs aside from Robin maybe (but we got a bunch of Poneglyphs around, so I'm positive), but not necessarily fighting-wise. Chopper's skill as a doctor was relevant in Zou, for example, Nami is virtually always relevant when they have to move over the sea, Brook and Sanji currently get quite some screentime, Usopp ascended the puny likes of men and so forth. I feel like you are too much focusing on fighting in this. OP is adventure before it is action.

• Chillman likes this

#43 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

You all should also take into account, regardless of the concept of Chopper not being that cool/fighting with another style etc., that monster point may not be Choppers strongest move now.

I sure hope MP is not his strongest as the original design was better. Blank eyes and always screaming really gave me the chills when I first saw it in the anime even though I knew it was coming. In the new design we get to see Chopper smiling which takes away that original scare.

To be honest I just want Chopper to defeat someone worth a big bounty so the marines know that Cotton Candy Lover is not some pushover worth 100 berries or bellies.

What do you think Choppers bounty should really be worth if it was taken seriously?

Any predictions for Choppers arc to shine? or when will he get his 1st new world opponent?

#44 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:33 AM

He used the strongest mode so far to hit as hard as he could to escape...if that's not much brainier than a whole herd of ''not ruined character-wise'' retarded characters...not that i'm saying every situation asks for the same solution but unless the mirror world has some rule like ''if you turn into something higher and bigger than 3 meters you're doomed'' I say Chopper did well. Your criticism/wanting him to use other Points should be reserved to when he has a 1vs1 fight where, depends on his opponent, other Points may be a better match-ups.

• retroluffy13 likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#45 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:26 AM

Weird I can use this thread but not part 2 since it's been archived.

I pointed out in the chapter 849 discussion thread and I will say it again here.

Oda destroyed Chopper chance of being awesome this chapter.

Chopper has 3 main transformations. reindeer, human and hybrid this transformations are called in the same order walk, heavy and brain. Apart from this ones he has numerous others transformation that Imo are silly and serve little if no purpose.
He also has monster point which was introduced in EL as a berserk transformation that was to be feared. We saw monster point again in SA and he made kuma shift his body weight to prepare to send him away (to this point kuma was a statue that barely moved) giving more hype to this transformation.
After the ts we see chopper transforming during FI and I thought that was just Oda showing us that Chopper now has total control of this transformation.
In Dressrosa he transformed to get away from BM ship and I thought to myself that it was a reasonable decision to not play around with the crew of yonko.
Now in TL he transformed into monster point to fight homies. HOMIES! In the end he gets captured :glare: .
He transforms again into monster point to fight Brulle and some other fodders...

I'm not happy with chopper performance in the new world. while trying to calm myself because this racoon did nothing for two years while the rest of the crew trained their arse offs. If he costs the tittle of Pirate King to Luffy I... Ok, that wont happen but seriously by using his best move to beat fodders he shows that all the other transformations are weak and that monster point his only good for weaklings. Not to mention the drawbacks of not moving for 11 hours.

Am I the only one having all this thoughts?

You missed the part where chopper used monster point in PH to attack children...... oh and he lost.... to children..... with no fighting experience.

Chopper is proof that Oda knows how boring zoan are and has very little he can do to actually change that.

"Listen guys, I know a fruit that allows the user to transform into an animal is stupid I get it, espically in a world where animal people already exist, but look at this chopper can transform 7 times"
"Isn't that a little cluttered and stupid?"
"Bi let me try it out a little...... oh ya this kinda sucks, ok I will reboot it, ya that still didn't work. Should of just made monster point his hybrid form......"

That isn't to say the human fruit doesn't have a ton of potential. This is one of the very few and the only non mystic zoan I will admit has potential. I could see an insane over the top villain having this fruit bragging about being the perfect man. A perfect immune system perfect muscle structure perfect healing perfect senses perfect bone density. Then he could have 3 different fighting forms, his normal form a skinny guy for speed, "human" mode for strength, then hybrid for both.

And to go along with the perfect human theme he could also be a natural at everything he tries. During a fight he could pick up a sword for the first time in his life and be amazing with it cutting steel and the such.

But instead we get a pill popping moron who's hybrid form makes him look like a child..... far from the perfect human....

I sure hope MP is not his strongest as the original design was better. Blank eyes and always screaming really gave me the chills when I first saw it in the anime even though I knew it was coming. In the new design we get to see Chopper smiling which takes away that original scare.
To be honest I just want Chopper to defeat someone worth a big bounty so the marines know that Cotton Candy Lover is not some pushover worth 100 berries or bellies.

What do you think Choppers bounty should really be worth if it was taken seriously?
Any predictions for Choppers arc to shine? or when will he get his 1st new world opponent?

Did you just ask when the comic relief would be taken seriously?

Probably when Swiper finally steals from Dora the explorer....

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#46 ndriana

ndriana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:13 AM

I read the entire topic in less than 30 minutes.
I think Oda doesn't want to put Chopper in fights too much because he wants him to be more about curing than creating harms. But besides fighting foders, Chopper did tank one one Big Mama's direct punch, and one with her sword.
But anyway, the reason I really checked this thread is to know what happened to his original hat. Wasn't it as precious to him as the staw hat to Luffy?

#47 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:04 AM

I read the entire topic in less than 30 minutes.
I think Oda doesn't want to put Chopper in fights too much because he wants him to be more about curing than creating harms. But besides fighting foders, Chopper did tank one one Big Mama's direct punch, and one with her sword.
But anyway, the reason I really checked this thread is to know what happened to his original hat. Wasn't it as precious to him as the staw hat to Luffy?

The current cap is basically a bag on top of his original tophat

17.jpg

#48 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,081 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

What Jekkusormi said, here in picture form:

https://vignette.wik..._2_Chopper.png/

#49 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

You missed the part where chopper used monster point in PH to attack children...... oh and he lost.... to children..... with no fighting experience.

Chopper is proof that Oda knows how boring zoan are and has very little he can do to actually change that.

"Listen guys, I know a fruit that allows the user to transform into an animal is stupid I get it, espically in a world where animal people already exist, but look at this chopper can transform 7 times"
"Isn't that a little cluttered and stupid?"
"Bi let me try it out a little...... oh ya this kinda sucks, ok I will reboot it, ya that still didn't work. Should of just made monster point his hybrid form......"

That isn't to say the human fruit doesn't have a ton of potential. This is one of the very few and the only non mystic zoan I will admit has potential. I could see an insane over the top villain having this fruit bragging about being the perfect man. A perfect immune system perfect muscle structure perfect healing perfect senses perfect bone density. Then he could have 3 different fighting forms, his normal form a skinny guy for speed, "human" mode for strength, then hybrid for both.

And to go along with the perfect human theme he could also be a natural at everything he tries. During a fight he could pick up a sword for the first time in his life and be amazing with it cutting steel and the such.

But instead we get a pill popping moron who's hybrid form makes him look like a child..... far from the perfect human....

Did you just ask when the comic relief would be taken seriously?

Damn.. at this point I don't know who oda likes the least. It's either chopper or sanji.

Wi suppose chopper gets this treatment because he is the freaking mascot of the show. That is a must in animes from the big 3 era. Bleach had the orange teddy bear, Naruto had a pig, small dog and small frogs and op had chopper.

I came to the conclusion that the reason oda neglects characters like chopper when it comes to fighting, is because he only has one more power up in the vault. He doesn't want to waste it with brulle or and any other fodder enemy.

You said something interesting about chopper and his fruit. Something I forgot to notice. Chopper was introduced as the user of thr human fruit, period. Sengoku didn't get that treatment, he has the human human type Buddha.
Oda can always comeback to chopper and give him any type he feels like. Imagine chopper dying only to come back three days later with the revelation of his fruit being the human Jesus type.
Oda can go even further with the type [insert any mythological god].
Like you said perfect human is also nice.

br> Did you just ask when the comic relief would be taken seriously?

One can only hope right. The main crew has been off since SA. I thought we were going to see them be serious after the ts. This was 2011, 8 years ago. I can only hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users