86 replies to this topic

#61 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:44 PM

That's pretty good, how many frames is it?

21-22. took a few hours but I'm happy nough with how it turned out.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#62 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:56 PM

so I'm working on a thing that needs actuall good art and heres a thing I did.

light yagami.

its just a t4race doe. but I took some artistic librities.

7GCtkc5.png?1
  • MamaFox likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#63 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

so back to the good stuf.

a sneak peak from something special I'm working on. Captain Ak origins part one. this is why you don't drink and drive kids.LuxmHZ.gif

probably the biggest advantage to rendering cartoons through a green screen process. easy lighting.

so this right here is the kind of shit I can do now after a little practice.

Edited by retroluffy13, 14 June 2016 - 09:35 PM.

• Tom Ace and MamaFox like this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#64 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:40 PM

so back to the good stuf.

a sneak peak from something special I'm working on. Captain Ak origins part one. this is why you don't drink and drive kids.http://i.makeagif.com/media/6-15-2016/Lu...

probably the biggest advantage to rendering cartoons through a green screen process. easy lighting.

so this right here is the kind of shit I can do now after a little practice.

Getting better bro!

#65 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:56 PM

Getting better bro!

the flags a cheat. I used toon boom harmony to manipulate it, which is super powerful.

I can see the advantages to using it for sure. the deformation tool is a godsend. lets you do walking animations like they were nothing. and it essentially has the power to move images like I do. but the green screen process looks better. the things you can make with flash or toon boom alone lack dpth because the editor literally redefines the image as opposed to moving solid images agross your screen. the way I do it makes thwm come out like they looked 10 years ago because theres litteral depth to the image.

Edited by retroluffy13, 14 June 2016 - 09:58 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#66 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:46 PM

the flags a cheat. I used toon boom harmony to manipulate it, which is super powerful.

I can see the advantages to using it for sure. the deformation tool is a godsend. lets you do walking animations like they were nothing. and it essentially has the power to move images like I do. but the green screen process looks better. the things you can make with flash or toon boom alone lack dpth because the editor literally redefines the image as opposed to moving solid images agross your screen. the way I do it makes thwm come out like they looked 10 years ago because theres litteral depth to the image.

Half of that went right over my head! at least you know what you're doing.

#67 _Manga_Artist_Benny-San_

_Manga_Artist_Benny-San_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:35 PM

hey guys remember me? i have improved so much

• retroluffy13 likes this

#68 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

hold that thought.

i just reinvented fire on accident.

K0hwQF.gif

you should show it off dude

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#69 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:17 PM

guess ill go...

0Iokhr.gif

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWER!!!!!! GET MOOOOOOOOOOORE POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWER!!!!!
  • Tom Ace likes this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#70 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationTangled up in Doflamingo's Strings ♥

User's Awards

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:39 PM

First picture I ever did without references.  Meaning... whenever I do fan art (especially realism fanart) I tend to find a picture of a person then translate their features to the character I want (like how I believe that Takeshi Kaneshiro makes the worlds most beautiful Kanda Yu from D.Gray-man.  

Anyway, wanted to do some Trafalgar Law fanart because he's my flavor of the month and managed to do it without using an actual reference.  What what!?  

Spoiler Beary Pissed

• Tom Ace, retroluffy13 and MamaFox like this

tag made by me
Bepo_Law_Tag_zps4gscrahz.png

#71 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

I like that. That's pretty good.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#72 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

First picture I ever did without references.  Meaning... whenever I do fan art (especially realism fanart) I tend to find a picture of a person then translate their features to the character I want (like how I believe that Takeshi Kaneshiro makes the worlds most beautiful Kanda Yu from D.Gray-man.  

Anyway, wanted to do some Trafalgar Law fanart because he's my flavor of the month and managed to do it without using an actual reference.  What what!?  

That's real good!

If you feel like risking it, you could add some fluffy shading to the hat to really make it pop. if that's to risky try to copy it and then try it.

#73 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:01 PM

nice. better then what I have for sure.

which I think is still pretty cool.

HO3lVnQ.gif?1

I'm moving up in the world peoples.
  • Tom Ace and MamaFox like this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#74 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationTangled up in Doflamingo's Strings ♥

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

That's real good!

If you feel like risking it, you could add some fluffy shading to the hat to really make it pop. if that's to risky try to copy it and then try it.

Thanks, I should add fluffy shading to the hat.... there's not copying it... 

tag made by me
Bepo_Law_Tag_zps4gscrahz.png

#75 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:36 AM

click Pokemon:  Go home Pikachu you're drunk episode 1

animated parody

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#76 MamaFox

MamaFox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:26 AM

Hi Everyone!   :)

I'm new here on OMF.  It was lovely to find an active art club here with so much lovely work.  About a year or so ago I began trying to make comic / manga style art.    I began with making some digital sketch cards of the characters from Star Wars Rebels (sorry, I know it's not Manga, but that's where I was at the time.)  Here's the first one I ever made:

Spoiler Sabine Sketch Card

I scanned in my pencil sketch and then re-did all the linework and added shading in Manga Studio 5.

Nowadays I prefer to ink things traditionally (mainly because I find inking really relaxing and enjoyable).  Then I scan it in and add my shading.  Here's a picture based on a small village on the Nakasendo Way in Japan:

Spoiler Nakasendo Way

Finally here are some fish I drew in ink and shaded with a grey tone pen.  (I added the grey background digitally afterwards.)

Spoiler Circle Fish

I also used some white gouache paint to highlight some of the fish scales.  If I re-did this picture I think I would have the light coming from above and to one side rather than from directly above.  I would also add more grey tone to make the white more of a highlight colour. 

Anyway, any advice or criticism or general comments you have would be fab.  It would be so nice to talk to other people interested in this kind of art.   I'm still very much learning all of it.  I've been watching loads of YouTube videos on how to draw.  It's a wonderful resource.   I can learn something new every day! 

Thanks,

MamaFox  :kakashi:

PS:  I tried my best to put these pictures in spoiler tags but I won't know if I got it right until after I press 'Post'.  Many apologies if I get it wrong. 

• Tom Ace likes this

#77 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hi Everyone!   :)

I'm new here on OMF.  It was lovely to find an active art club here with so much lovely work.  About a year or so ago I began trying to make comic / manga style art.    I began with making some digital sketch cards of the characters from Star Wars Rebels (sorry, I know it's not Manga, but that's where I was at the time.)  Here's the first one I ever made:

Spoiler Sabine Sketch Card

I scanned in my pencil sketch and then re-did all the linework and added shading in Manga Studio 5.

Nowadays I prefer to ink things traditionally (mainly because I find inking really relaxing and enjoyable).  Then I scan it in and add my shading.  Here's a picture based on a small village on the Nakasendo Way in Japan:

Spoiler Nakasendo Way

Finally here are some fish I drew in ink and shaded with a grey tone pen.  (I added the grey background digitally afterwards.)

I also used some white gouache paint to highlight some of the fish scales.  If I re-did this picture I think I would have the light coming from above and to one side rather than from directly above.  I would also add more grey tone to make the white more of a highlight colour. 

Anyway, any advice or criticism or general comments you have would be fab.  It would be so nice to talk to other people interested in this kind of art.   I'm still very much learning all of it.  I've been watching loads of YouTube videos on how to draw.  It's a wonderful resource.   I can learn something new every day! 

Thanks,

MamaFox  :kakashi:

PS:  I tried my best to put these pictures in spoiler tags but I won't know if I got it right until after I press 'Post'.  Many apologies if I get it wrong. 

They look great! I do enjoy inking as well. Though i have been lazy on my posting of my ink drawings.

Anyways keep it up, looks like you really have a way with ink.  :aww:

• MamaFox likes this

#78 MamaFox

MamaFox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:39 PM

They look great! I do enjoy inking as well. Though i have been lazy on my posting of my ink drawings.

Anyways keep it up, looks like you really have a way with ink. :aww:

Wow - thanks!  I'm on a mission to imporve my drawing and inking this year.  My aim is to draw or ink something everyday for the whole year.  (So far I'm up to day 14 so I've got a long way to go).  I would love to see your work - is some of it posted here?

EDIT: - Hi Again Tom, just found you DA page  - great stuff!  I love the way your line work varies in width - it looks beautiful.  (On DA I'm jofox2108.)

Edited by MamaFox, 25 September 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#79 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:58 PM

Wow - thanks!  I'm on a mission to imporve my drawing and inking this year.  My aim is to draw or ink something everyday for the whole year.  (So far I'm up to day 14 so I've got a long way to go).  I would love to see your work - is some of it posted here?

EDIT: - Hi Again Tom, just found you DA page  - great stuff!  I love the way your line work varies in width - it looks beautiful.  (On DA I'm jofox2108.)

Yeah it's good to draw everyday, at least a sketch.

#80 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

​took my time with this one and watched a video on how to draw.  I adapted what I saw with what I knew, and the result was dope

testing_the_waters_by_retro130-das079n.p

Edited by retroluffy13, 17 December 2016 - 09:03 AM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users