50 replies to this topic

#41 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, I'm sad too. Don't really know what happened. People grew up, perhaps. Do let me know if you find something cool, I'd love to hear about it.

#42 Onslaught King

Onslaught King

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationThe B's

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:33 AM

Pops in....

Looks around at the empty wasteland......

Wow this place use to be poppin. Good memories

#43 QueenOfTheArbor

QueenOfTheArbor

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationThe Iron Throne

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

Does anyone know any other places that are more popular for roleplaying?

#44 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Lucina Main

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,379 posts
  • LocationTech City

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

Forum RPing as a genre has died. I'd suggest therpsite, but they're on hiatus until mid next month.

DbR5r2F.jpg?1

#45 QueenOfTheArbor

QueenOfTheArbor

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationThe Iron Throne

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

I guess I'll check it out sometime. Too bad. I used to enjoy it so much.

#46 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

2016 was a rough year for me and really ate up a lot of my time and energy. I have some more free time now though and I was thinking of starting up a RP. Maybe a HxH one to satiate my HxH fix while we wait for the hiatus to end again. I always liked the Hunters Exam format and could build a simple RP around it. The OP one I tried to make was too big in scale and this one would be smaller.

#47 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

Not to be a bummer or anything, but what's the point? If it's not something completely new it's going to die before it gets off the ground. Perhaps if you used several GM:s (to match potential demand and prevent a bottleneck in updates) or some very interesting system to use?

#48 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:26 PM

Well I have no problem with others GMs if they want to contribute, but I doubt that demand will get too big. I guess the point is that I always liked the Hunter Exam set up for a RP and have been kicking it around my head for a while and I have some free time. If it fails to get off the ground then no harm done. A lot of forum RPing is dying off like ZCOverload said. Even the Batoto one looks to have slowed substantially.

As for a system I'd rather go the simple route. Just a simple 0-100 rank in a few specific categories to give the player an idea of what they are capable of in the RP. The structure of the Exam should contain people enough I think.

#49 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

Yeah, HxH would have to use the honor system quite a bit, since all the Hatsus are full of conditions and rules. I really love it though, and I'd love to help out if it against the odds picks up steam. I've got a backlog of probably somewhere around 20 characters and Hatsus.

What if you post an interest check before doing any sort of work at all, and then another one after a while — I've noticed people (including me) get really excited when a new RP pops up, but a week or so later people still haven't even completed their CS's. So perhaps you should test people out and see which ones stick around?

Edited by Hyouzou, 23 February 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#50 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted Yesterday, 02:58 AM

Sure, maybe instead of us each trying to work on one solo we should GM one together. Might have a better shot at getting off the ground. I think I'd like to get more of a rough draft done before asking if people are interested though. So we can quickly jump into the RP and there isn't that long period of waiting to get started.

Yeah, Nen abilities might be a problem. One of the reasons I wanted to focus on the Hunter Exam part was because it is a good excuse to have people's nen abilities not exist yet or not be that fully developed. Also it is a good place to keep everyone going after the same goal in a contained area and dump a lot of characters that can be used for anything, like villains or even just fodder, since the Exam can have hundreds of people in it at the start. I was debating on if it should be set before the Ant arc (like an exam before set some time between Ging's exam and Gon's) or after the Ant arc in case maybe someone wanted to RP as some kind of Chimera Ant. I'm open to either.

As for the CS's I was thinking of something very simple. Like even a backstory is optional. Just a name, a bit of other personal info, their nen type (might be fun to have this be random so the player has to work around whatever they get) and then just put points in some simple stats.

#51 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted Yesterday, 05:03 AM

Sounds great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users