• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#21 Zzkays

Zzkays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

I don't have one either, but have no fear, there's always going to be games in the future, and they will be better!

Hope is not lost my friend! ;)

Haha thanks, i will stop weeping now ;)
  • eemo23 likes this

#22 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

New video~~~
This one shows playable Marco, and I think I saw vista and Jozu in there too...

edit: Aww they turned off embedded video

Edited by Nyanko, 06 March 2013 - 09:10 PM.

• eemo23 likes this

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#23 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Its not wrong to double post if your posting new information.... right?

Cinematic Opening

Am I the only one annoyed that Nami is the one always getting rescued? Why cant it be Sanji? Err that screencap is a bit... much?

Edited by Nyanko, 08 March 2013 - 02:09 PM.

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

#24 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

New DLC outfits revealed for Perona and Hancock.
X8IwGfi.jpg

Edited by Nintendocat, 12 March 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#25 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

New DLC outfits revealed for Perona and Hancock.
http://i.imgur.com/X8IwGfi.jpg...

Yes! A Diao Chan outfit for Hancock, and a Wang Yuanji outfit for Perona. While I think Diaochan suits Hancock, Wang Yuanji I believe doesnt suit Perona.... but shes a popular character after all!

#26 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Yes! A Diao Chan outfit for Hancock, and a Wang Yuanji outfit for Perona. While I think Diaochan suits Hancock, Wang Yuanji I believe doesnt suit Perona.... but shes a popular character after all!

Wang Yuanji throws knives, Perona throws mini hollows? :shrug:

Also, from the wikia: With Sima Zhao, however, she spares him no sympathy and is rather curt with him. More often than not, she is usually patronizing him to take responsibility for his actions. As she watches him mature through his struggles, Wang Yuanji genuinely accepts him and his faults. She usually shows her concern for him indirectly, her cold shoulder belying the respect she has for him.

Sounds a bit like her relationship with Zoro. ;)

#27 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Wang Yuanji throws knives, Perona throws mini hollows? :shrug:

Also, from the wikia: With Sima Zhao, however, she spares him no sympathy and is rather curt with him. More often than not, she is usually patronizing him to take responsibility for his actions. As she watches him mature through his struggles, Wang Yuanji genuinely accepts him and his faults. She usually shows her concern for him indirectly, her cold shoulder belying the respect she has for him.

Sounds a bit like her relationship with Zoro. ;)

Yeah that makes sense. I wonder which Dynasty Warrior characters the other girls in One Piece would equate to... I think the DW outfits would not just be confined to Perona and Hancock after all... Nami is kinda similar to Sun Shangxiang or Wang Yi, while Robin is similar to Huang Yueying or Zhang Chunhua, in my opinion...

Eh, so what if Im a big Dynasty Warriors fan; have played every one bar 1.

#28 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

I haven't played much of the dynasty warriors series to be honest, only empires 6 which is all the fun of conquering China without all the plot :P but I agree that, personality wise Sun Shangxiang is a lot like Nami. Robin is so close to Huang Yueying that it's kinda scary, though Yueying is more sarcastic than sadistic. The other two are newer so I can't tell from experience if they're close though the wikia's don't seem like it. Lianshi looks like an option too. 

Edit: Lol, nevermind. Just found another scan with Nami and Robin. Nami is Kunoichi from Samurai Warriors and Robin is Kai from Samurai Warriors 3. Sorry for the picture, the scan was small so I had to enlarge and sharpen it.

c0bqZMw.png

Edited by Nintendocat, 13 March 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#29 Suck_My_Dragon_Eye

Suck_My_Dragon_Eye

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Is pirate warriors any good? I have been thinking of getting it but I'm not sure on it yet.

Posted Image

#30 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Have you played any of the dynasty warriors games? The joke with it is that you press x to win while plowing through thousands of generics enemies set to thrash music. It's a bit repetitive but fun if you like the style. Pirate Warriors is kinda like that (accept the music is one piece music and not thrash) but there's also a lot of plot related scenes where you run around, do quick time events, and eventually beat a boss. It's fun but it might be worth it to just wait for 2 to come out since it has more characters.

Edit: Better quality scans of the dlc costumes:

Xs2MVz4.jpg

PrXZBmI.jpg

Hee hee! Kumacy's wearing matching clothes too! <3

If you want to see the characters the outfits are based on here they are:

Nami as Kunoichi:

Spoiler

Robin as Kai:

Spoiler

Perona as Wang Yuanji:

Spoiler

Hancock as Diao Chan:

Spoiler

Edited by Nintendocat, 13 March 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#31 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Oh thats not too bad... I can totally see Nami as Kinoichi... except the whole crush on Sanada

And I can totally see Robin as Kai... except the whole married to Sanada. The interesting thing is that they had the same boss... maybe Luffy will get a Sanada Yukimaru outfit? A hint there with possible shippings?

Though I think Aya would have been a better Samurai Warrior for Robin... but I guess her outfit isn't revealing enough for the One Piece fanbase... shame I've always liked it. At least they didn't put Nami with Bao Sanniang. who, while her outfit may suit Nami's dress sense, her personality definately didn't. 

edit -

Is pirate warriors any good? I have been thinking of getting it but I'm not sure on it yet.

Wait for Two to come out. it will be far better. Otherwise, if you like the whole one verses a thousand button masher franchise, its a good shot...

But if you've played and severely disliked the playstyle of the Warriors games, you might be cautious about buying it.

edit 2 -

Eh, did you notice, Hancock's snake has a Lu Bu headdress? Maybe then Kumacy is wearing Sima Zhao's outfit, since they were husband and wife (like Lu Bu and Daiochan

Edited by Nyanko, 13 March 2013 - 05:57 PM.

• Nintendocat likes this

#32 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

edit 2 -

Eh, did you notice, Hancock's snake has a Lu Bu headdress? Maybe then Kumacy is wearing Sima Zhao's outfit, since they were husband and wife (like Lu Bu and Daiochan

OMG he is! You can see that pattern at the bottom matches the bottom of Sima Zhao's top! I love the attention to detail. 

Edited by Nintendocat, 13 March 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#33 Tensai

Tensai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationOutside...at night

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Oh thats not too bad... I can totally see Nami as Kinoichi... except the whole crush on Sanada

And I can totally see Robin as Kai... except the whole married to Sanada. The interesting thing is that they had the same boss... maybe Luffy will get a Sanada Yukimaru outfit? A hint there with possible shippings?

Though I think Aya would have been a better Samurai Warrior for Robin... but I guess her outfit isn't revealing enough for the One Piece fanbase... shame I've always liked it. At least they didn't put Nami with Bao Sanniang. who, while her outfit may suit Nami's dress sense, her personality definately didn't. 

edit -

Wait for Two to come out. it will be far better. Otherwise, if you like the whole one verses a thousand button masher franchise, its a good shot...

But if you've played and severely disliked the playstyle of the Warriors games, you might be cautious about buying it.

edit 2 -

So we get a Lu Bu Mihawk outfit?

Well, I'm shippin it! :perv:

#34 Suck_My_Dragon_Eye

Suck_My_Dragon_Eye

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

So the consensus seems to be that I should wait for 2 to come out. I like the gameplay videos I've seen as the big groups button mashing seems like its very one piece. Any news of number 2's release?

Posted Image

#35 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

So the consensus seems to be that I should wait for 2 to come out. I like the gameplay videos I've seen as the big groups button mashing seems like its very one piece. Any news of number 2's release?

Summer 2013

#36 DeadFantasy

DeadFantasy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationLukedonia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

There are no good One Piece games. 

aeons1.gif

Favorite Manga:

Spoiler

#37 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

There are no good One Piece games. 

Eh, depends on your opinion. To be fair, i think One Piece Kaizoku Musou made some significant strides in evolution in the Musou series, such as the variation of attacks from the XXXT model to a model where each character has a different set of attacks, the implementation of dodge over block. As a fan of the Musou series, I think Kaizoku Musou was very good...

In other news, for Law fans

Spoiler Law Walkthrough

Video Walkthrough for Law on Skypea. Remember in this case, he starts at level 1, so he doesnt have all his awesome moves... we can see some wonderful moves later on in the video

Spoiler Nami Moveset

Video of Nami's moves... Her moves seem similar to one, so i fear she might suffer from the same problems as she did in one, particularly the delay both before and after her special attacks. It seems she still has the problem when you unleash thunder nearby of covering her ears, meaning there is a delay, meaning your open to attack if you have not spread your clouds evenly. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cpSH6-Cdf1E

Kuma looks awesome too. I won't link any more for space restraints but they are out there... There are others out there too if you want to search for them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzi4GYu0i4&feature=player_detailpage

Chopper - He seems to be a more complete character this time, in one he seemed incomplete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhAAjndNOd4&feature=player_detailpage

Smoker seems pretty fun... Will look foward to playing wtih him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1pqrCeCP7s&feature=player_detailpage

Perona, I feel might suffer from the same delay problems that Nami does I fear. Paticularly when she goes out of body, it leaves a number of questions, is her body vunrable during this time? It might make playing her difficult. 

... Only the first two videos embed; which means I could release the movesets for the characters that Bandai-Toei have released already. This is all of the official ones avalible. Except Luffy, and Law, since I gave a link to a long Law video at the begining

Edited by Nyanko, 14 March 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#38 Suck_My_Dragon_Eye

Suck_My_Dragon_Eye

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Summer 2013

That's not a far away as I was expecting. Any news on how far it goes? End of PH is what I am hoping for

Posted Image

#39 DeadFantasy

DeadFantasy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationLukedonia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

One Piece Kaizoku Musou is not good. It's as repetitive and get's as old as Dynasty Warriors. I wish One Piece had at least one good games, like the Naruto games. It has the characters, powers, abilities, etc to be a good fighting game. Or at least a good rpg game. 

Kaizoku Musou also has a lot of bugs, one of the famous ones is that it deletes all saved data on the PS3. It sold good, but it's not a good game. 

aeons1.gif

Favorite Manga:

Spoiler

#40 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Some playthrough demos I found that shows off some new move sets.

Luffy (w/ partner Ussop) gameplay

Perona (w/partner Franky) gameplay. There's no audio for some reason.

Edit: I just realized after posting that the Law playthrough was already posted so I removed it.

One Piece Kaizoku Musou is not good. It's as repetitive and get's as old as Dynasty Warriors.

That's just the thing: It comes down to whether or not you like the Dynasty Warriors games. If you don't like them, having One Piece characters in them isn't going to help too much but if you do like them it's just an added bonus. Yes it's repetitive but sometimes it's fun to just blast through thousands of enemies with explosive moves. I personally even like the empire versions which don't really have much of a plot other than blasting through enemies to conquer China. It's weird 'cause normally I'm the opposite wanting to focus more on plot than challenge so there's just something about this kind of gameplay element that makes this series just plain fun for me.

Don't get me wrong, musou does have some flaws specifically the platforming and quick time parts but it looks like 2 won't be having those.

Edited by Nintendocat, 17 March 2013 - 09:13 PM.

• Nyanko likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users