Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

Apologies for the CR link, but this might interest you~~

http://www.crunchyro...ove-set-updates

New DLC, Nami gets Sun Shangxiang and Robin... Huang Yueying? I think or it could be Wang Yi... No, its proberly Yueying's

Also moveset videos for Zoro, Franky, Garp, and the Three Admirals...

It'd be nice if we could get a bigger picture of the poster...

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#43 DeadFantasy

DeadFantasy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationLukedonia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

That's just the thing: It comes down to whether or not you like the Dynasty Warriors games. If you don't like them, having One Piece characters in them isn't going to help too much but if you do like them it's just an added bonus. Yes it's repetitive but sometimes it's fun to just blast through thousands of enemies with explosive moves. I personally even like the empire versions which don't really have much of a plot other than blasting through enemies to conquer China. It's weird 'cause normally I'm the opposite wanting to focus more on plot than challenge so there's just something about this kind of gameplay element that makes this series just plain fun for me.

Don't get me wrong, musou does have some flaws specifically the platforming and quick time parts but it looks like 2 won't be having those.

I liked the 1st DW. Rest, are repetitive and hardly anything changes. This OP game is still very bad. Of-course Japanese are going to like this sort of stuff. It received good reviews in Japan, while here in America at best it received 60/100, not only from "professional reviewers" but from players alike (including myself). 

Then again, they would not make so many dynasty warriors games if they did not had the fanbase. 

All I am saying is that OP has what it takes to make a much better game than the Ultimate Ninja Storm ones. So far, it hasn't. Which is a real shame. 

aeons1.gif

Favorite Manga:

Spoiler

#44 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

Apologies for the CR link, but this might interest you~~

http://www.crunchyro...ove-set-updates

New DLC, Nami gets Sun Shangxiang and Robin... Huang Yueying? I think or it could be Wang Yi... No, its proberly Yueying's

Here's a close up of the dlc.
QeTGDrl.png

I think Robin is Xingcai.
Spoiler

Edited by Nintendocat, 18 March 2013 - 11:27 AM.

• Nyanko likes this

#45 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

New scan with more dlc. Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji have film Z costumes and now Perona and Hancock get Samurai Warriors costumes of their own meaning that all four (Nami, Robin, Perona, and Hancock) each have one Dynasty Warrior costume and one Samurai Warriors costume.

8NFOIy6.jpg

Perona is Okuni:
Spoiler

Kumacy is dressed like Keiji Maeda:
Spoiler

Hancock is Naotora Ii:
Spoiler

Salome is dressed like Takatora Todo:
Spoiler

• Nyanko likes this

#46 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Here's the English version of the trailer:

Here's a chapter by chapter playthrough:

You can look at his page for more of the chapters.

From what I've seen so far they have completely taken away the platforming and tight corridors of the first game making it more like Dynasty Warriors (at least the empires version) where you have a large map and defeat certain areas before a boss will appear at a certain location. Much better than the first one flow and gameplay wise. It also doesn't really follow any actual plot line, opting to make their own involving a mis-mash of timelines with the characters teaming up to defeat the weapon that causes alliances to fall apart. Each chapter is based at a location from the past though (Arlong Park, Thriller Bark, Punk Hazard) but it's not a retelling of the storyline like the first one was.

It looks really fun but I wish I knew was the characters were saying to each other.

#47 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

I wish they put this out on XBox 360 as well :(

I used to like the Dynasty Warriors games as a kid and it seems like it would be really fun to control One Piece characters....but I'm not about to buy a PS3 just for one game. Oh well.

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#48 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I wish they put this out on XBox 360 as well :(

I used to like the Dynasty Warriors games as a kid and it seems like it would be really fun to control One Piece characters....but I'm not about to buy a PS3 just for one game. Oh well.

I hear this a lot but you really need to understand that Japan isn't going to make a game for a system it doesn't support. The Xbox didn't launch well and has basically been pulled off the market completely. If that effort was going to be put into the game then it would have to be for an actual disk release, not one that's not even going to be translated and only released on the PSN shop.

I actually started off with an Xbox 360 (because I wanted Tales of Vesperia) but after only being interested enough to buy 7 games and later getting a PS3 I realized that two of the seven were on both consoles and that I could get online for free with the PS3 so traded all of them over. Later I traded in Fable 2 because it's not nearly as good as Elder Scrolls (which lets face it, it was trying to be) so now I only have the Xbox for one game. (Though I'm still hoping they bring the improved PS3 version over.) In the end I'm so glad I've traded over since there's a lot of PS3 only games (Tales of Graces, Tales of Xilia, Sly Cooper, etc.) that I've really been enjoying.

Edited by Nintendocat, 20 March 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#49 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Well, I'm only a casual gamer, so I don't know anything about the gaming industry, let alone the Japanese gaming industry. XBox 360 came out a little before PS3, so that's what I bought. I wasn't really thinking ahead about whether or not a One Piece game would be console exclusive :shrug:

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#50 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Those in Europe rejoice; A collectors Edition of Pirate Warriors 2 has been announced, with a cool Luffy statue by its side....

http://www.vg247.com...ced-for-europe/

No news for you Amerikans yet though

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

#51 DeadFantasy

DeadFantasy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationLukedonia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

I don't think they will release it here in NA, since there is no demand for it. If it gets released, it will sell poorly like previous One Piece games. A good one that was released here and did well was One Piece for the game boy advance. But, that game was made outside Japan. 

aeons1.gif

Favorite Manga:

Spoiler

#52 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I don't think they will release it here in NA, since there is no demand for it. If it gets released, it will sell poorly like previous One Piece games. A good one that was released here and did well was One Piece for the game boy advance. But, that game was made outside Japan. 

Oh its definately being released in NA, that much is confirmed. The question is will the collectors edition be released in NA? Or just the Digital version like Pirate Warriors 1?

I watched some of those videos that Nintendcat posted, It looks like I should have no problems with nami-chan this time around, her severe weaknesses seem to be fixed. 

#53 DeadFantasy

DeadFantasy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationLukedonia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

If it's released, hopefully it would sell well so that they can use the money to make better One Piece games and release them in NA as well. 

aeons1.gif

Favorite Manga:

Spoiler

#54 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Oh its definately being released in NA, that much is confirmed. The question is will the collectors edition be released in NA? Or just the Digital version like Pirate Warriors 1?

I watched some of those videos that Nintendcat posted, It looks like I should have no problems with nami-chan this time around, her severe weaknesses seem to be fixed. 

You were worried about Perona too but I saw her in part 9 and she looks like she's fun. I kinda wish that Oda had some part in making her moveset because they seem really fun and cool but I don't think he did. 

If it's released, hopefully it would sell well so that they can use the money to make better One Piece games and release them in NA as well. 

I know you don't like the dynasty warriors style but since the game sold really well in Japan, which is the target audience and any sales outside of Japan is just a bonus, there's no real reason for them to consider anything else as 'better'. At the moment the only thing they'd look at is fine tuning which they did with KM2. KM 2 is already better than KM1 because they got rid of the platforming, quicktime events, and narrow/linear corridors. 

#55 DeadFantasy

DeadFantasy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationLukedonia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

I know Japan is the target audience, that is why is sold so well there. But, it would be nice to have a good game for people here in NA, so that it can peak their interest in One Piece even a bit. So far, none have done it. Other anime/manga have video games that have had major success not only in Japan but NA as well. 

It probably won't happen thought. Too much of a cultural difference. 

aeons1.gif

Favorite Manga:

Spoiler

#56 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

I know Japan is the target audience, that is why is sold so well there. But, it would be nice to have a good game for people here in NA, so that it can peak their interest in One Piece even a bit. So far, none have done it. Other anime/manga have video games that have had major success not only in Japan but NA as well. 

It probably won't happen thought. Too much of a cultural difference. 

America's opinion on One Piece may never recover from the butchering 4-kids did to it, though Toonami picking it up again might help a bit, so it's not really a matter of video games raising NA's opinion of the series since only fans of the series would consider getting the game. Not to mention that, since Japan's opinion is more important, any other games would have to be ones that apply to their tastes like an (J)RPG which don't always do too well in America. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Namco release a One Piece game in the Tales series style and it would probably sell amazingly in Japan but fans overseas usually have to fight for them to come here.

#57 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 

Collectors Edition

602776_139634256208694_1784690873_n.jpg

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#58 Tensai

Tensai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationOutside...at night

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

How much will the collector's edition cost?

#59 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Okay, I'm loving Perona's interactions with the crew. 

Perona wants to join them (I don't know why since it's in Japanese but it's something about Moria, most likely the fact that he's paling around with Blackbeard) so Nami asks Brook if he's okay with it since she's part of the crew that took his shadow (once again not sure but why else would Brook's opinion matter here?) Brook says that he thinks she should join. Perona and Nami are touched/surprised at his forgiveness but we all know the real reason why.

http://www.youtube.c...utu.be&t=21m40s

I don't know exactly what's going on but apparently 'someone' (whoever you're playing the level as) has to save Chopper and Perona so I'm thinking that they got lost/separated from the rest. 

http://www.youtube.c...outu.be&t=2m49s

Edited by Nintendocat, 22 March 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#60 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

Okay, I'm loving Perona's interactions with the crew. 

Perona wants to join them (I don't know why since it's in Japanese but it's something about Moria, most likely the fact that he's paling around with Blackbeard) so Nami asks Brook if he's okay with it since she's part of the crew that took his shadow (once again not sure but why else would Brook's opinion matter here?) Brook says that he thinks she should join. Perona and Nami are touched/surprised at his forgiveness but we all know the real reason why.

http://www.youtube.c...utu.be&t=21m40s

I don't know exactly what's going on but apparently 'someone' (whoever you're playing the level as) has to save Chopper and Perona so I'm thinking that they got lost/separated from the rest. 

http://www.youtube.c...outu.be&t=2m49s

... Perona for Next Nakama... ?

I always thought she was a good candidate.

• Nintendocat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users