• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

Previous Thread

929a323801de314ecf538d623e1dd4eb-d4lv90k

Last few posts;

YOU EXPECT ME TO JUST KNOW OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD?

Well, I do: http://mangasee.co/m...pter=39&index=2

Fixed~ Anyway might as well talk about the chapter and how it relates. 

Mihra talked to Leez about how she was like her when she was with Asha, and it turned her away. Perhaps this will mean her cheerful character will change? I don't want her to end up all moody and emo now, cheerful Leez, who will throw herself off a cliff repetidly with a smile to learn to fly is my favorate type of Leez. I would rather Asha get her comeuppance... I have a ton to say about the next chapter too... but I cant :cry:

From the Insights Leez changes quite a bit. Of course it isn't set in stone (and we don't even know if we'll ever get that far).

I always have high expectations of you and you never disappoint. 

I'm sad that I forgot this, because I remember thinking "This is probably important". 

One of the reasons I think Kubera needs to be put in Semi-Pro is just for a Glossary. For all those 'this is probably important' moments.

Edited by Greg, 14 February 2015 - 03:08 PM.

• Nyanko likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#2 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

One of the reasons I think Kubera needs to be put in Semi-Pro is just for a Glossary. For all those 'this is probably important' moments.

I agree. Plus having distinct spoiler/non-spoiler threads would be nice. Add a Suggestion Box, an RITS and a few other threads and I think it would work. I feel Kubera is conducive to discussion and theories, so I can see things being active if more people read it. 

Obviously, it needs more visibility. (I am thinking of going through the results of the Top 20 list and picking manga which fulfill certain criteria, like being ranked first more than half of the time they were nominated, and giving them more visibility. Kubera meets the requirement so far*. Not sure if the Clubhouse can host a list like that somewhere, but we'll talk about in an appropriate thread.)

(*including my vote.)

Edited by Tale, 09 February 2015 - 09:12 PM.

• DaEvilWithin likes this

#3 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

There really are a lot of questionable important moments. I know id be more confused if i didnt pay attention to the little glimpses into the future.

It does not really matter the criteria, its just up to greg what he wants to put and where, im sure DEW could just move it if he wants, idk how

Anyways like i said i dont think this changes much for leez as of yet, the not talking thing was known but its nice to confirm asha has similar restrictions (who do we think its with btw? a sura? visnu?)

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#4 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:28 PM

The problem with Leez' reasoning in this chapter is the idea that a rationalization is worth the result. So Mirha commented on the result, and Leez argued for the reasoning.

A large problem with Leez' confidence is that Asha gives the impression that Leez didn't do good enough.

Why did Mirha want to talk to Asha?

Why did Mirha want to become Leez' friend?

Why couldn't Leez speak about Kubera?

Is Leez going to draw the conclusion herself from the portrait, or wait and try to confirm it directly with Kubera?

How do they plan to take down Asha, especially if she can opt to avoid being formally arrested?

What business does Agni have with Brilith?

Is Mirha on the "Asha is necessary" side?

And will Ran oppose Asha given his new discoveries about Asha's "accidental murders"?

These is my questions 3:

I'm fairly confident that the reality of Asha's actions, killing those whose true name is Kubera, will destroy Leez' relationship with her. That said, I'm curious about the dissonance that will be created in the future. Ignoring the coming of the Sura, who will fall on to what side given that there are those that wish to stop Asha, and those that wish to use her?

I know id be more confused if i didnt pay attention to the little glimpses into the future.

You're welcome <3

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#5 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:48 PM

Why did Mirha want to talk to Asha?
Why did Mirha want to become Leez' friend?
Why couldn't Leez speak about Kubera?
Is Leez going to draw the conclusion herself from the portrait, or wait and try to confirm it directly with Kubera?
How do they plan to take down Asha, especially if she can opt to avoid being formally arrested?
What business does Agni have with Brilith?
Is Mirha on the "Asha is necessary" side?
And will Ran oppose Asha given his new discoveries about Asha's "accidental murders"?

Theory time!

1. They are old friends, so why not really.

2. I think that they might have separated on bad terms or she does not agree with what Asha is doing. So she is using leez as leverage and/or to find out more about the current asha.

3. Prolly something about a bond tying them together. I mean again idk if she cant mention visnu or something else. But if so its something to do with the power of name.

4. Well since shes a big dummy i would bet someone explains it to her.

5. No idea, thats what this arc is about tho i imagine.

6. Telling her whats going without telling her whats really going on, same old.

7. I dont think so.

8. He already has opposed asha, its just hard for a normal human magician to actually side against asha, but now that the #1 ranked is officially against her i could see Ran joining with him.

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

#6 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationLooking For Answers

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

I recently got caught up after not realizing that scanlations restarted some time ago. (Since it was at like chapter 198 or something for many months)

And I am terrified of all the death flags Ran seems to have gotten over my read.

I mean the one character of the mains who has no ulterior motive for being close to Leez besides actual friendship (instead of lust/hunger from Yuta and...whatever the hell Asha wants) and it's obvious Leez relealizes this.

When she didnt think anyone was left with her and he shows up. He has a, sorta, girlfriend waiting for him back home (the most dangerous of all flags)

He is being drawn over to the people who are trying to bring down Asha.

He is also always told the least of whats going on.

The flags Dx

Maybe its just reading all in a batch that has me worried and I am over thinking it but I couldnt handle it if something happened to Ran.

• Petite Fleur likes this

Be Careful What You Wish For

HmtYmQG.png

#7 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:58 PM

. They are old friends, so why not really.

So just a friendly visit? Nothing more, especially given the circumstances surrounding Asha?

2. I think that they might have separated on bad terms or she does not agree with what Asha is doing. So she is using leez as leverage and/or to find out more about the current asha.

Why doesn't this change your answer to the first question? 3x

3. Prolly something about a bond tying them together. I mean again idk if she cant mention visnu or something else. But if so its something to do with the power of name.

I wonder if it's possible to control who gets the name. Kubera pretty much said that Leez is gonna inherit all the things from him, but I wonder if that's because Asha and the Sura are after people like her. Asha, to control who inherits, and the Sura to stop the process entirely.

And I am terrified of all the death flags Ran seems to have gotten over my read.

I mean the one character of the mains who has no ulterior motive for being close to Leez besides actual friendship (instead of lust/hunger from Yuta and...whatever the hell Asha wants) and it's obvious Leez relealizes this.

When she didnt think anyone was left with her and he shows up. He has a, sorta, girlfriend waiting for him back home (the most dangerous of all flags)

He is being drawn over to the people who are trying to bring down Asha.

He is also always told the least of whats going on.

More importantly, a big theme in Leez' future, no matter how or what changes, is that she opposes and kills a friend. So what if Leez kills Ran to protect Asha? 3:

Or Asha killing Ran is what makes Leez snap!

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#8 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

More importantly, a big theme in Leez' future, no matter how or what changes, is that she opposes and kills a friend. So what if Leez kills Ran to protect Asha? 3:

Or Asha killing Ran is what makes Leez snap!

I was going to say something about Leez's...dark future and if Ran dying may have some part to that but I couldnt quite rememeber if Ran was talked about in the future...I need to reread the series I think. Yeah gonna do that soon.

But her killing him would break me...thats far too depressing

and Asha killing him would be...terrible.

Either way I just hope Ran can survive. he's just too good to die...which is why he probably will :(

Edited by Kurapika, 09 February 2015 - 10:02 PM.

HmtYmQG.png

#9 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

I was going to say something about Leez's...dark future and if Ran dying may have some part to that but I couldnt quite rememeber if Ran was talked about in the future...I need to reread the series I think. Yeah gonna do that soon.

Yuta and Asha were, I don't think Ran was.

But her killing him would break me...thats far too depressing

and Asha killing him would be...terrible.

So is Leez' fate. There are basically three reactions and interactions to it.

Those that want to control it, those that want to change their fate in it(or it in general) and those that want to end it/prevent it from happening.

If Leez, or someone that legitimately cares about her, were to become aware of this fate I'm sure they would try to avoid it.

Either way I just hope Ran can survive. he's just too good to die...which is why he probably will

He doesn't have to die. Though it's more likely that if he did, the biggest factor regarding Leez would be Asha's refusal to bring him back.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#10 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:08 PM

Why doesn't this change your answer to the first question? 3x

Cuze im unsure about the motive. But they did know each other and she obviously is interested, so thats the bare minimum reason why they would meet.

I wonder if it's possible to control who gets the name. Kubera pretty much said that Leez is gonna inherit all the things from him, but I wonder if that's because Asha and the Sura are after people like her. Asha, to control who inherits, and the Sura to stop the process entirely.

My idea is that the power of the name is given out to those who accomplish something. We dont know what the exact criteria is but i have been assuming leez has it b/c of her parents and the other power of the name people are under similar circumstances. Asha got it b/c of what she did assumingly.

So I think the idea is the power of the name is spread out but the gods can choose one person and give them more power if they need to, i think the idea is for the gods to have people who will, for lack of a better word, carry out thier wills in the human world, since Kubera is kind of the odd man out being a god on a human planet, and clearly there is something going on with him that is making him not at full power.

This also relates to Visnu and Asha, since visnu is pretty much gone and asha is "choosen" it makes me think since gods re-incarnate if they are near dying they can give their full power of the name to a human and this somehow restores them.

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

#11 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

Yuta and Asha were, I don't think Ran was.

Oh figures...

So is Leez' fate. There are basically three reactions and interactions to it.
Those that want to control it, those that want to change their fate in it(or it in general) and those that want to end it/prevent it from happening.

If Leez, or someone that legitimately cares about her, were to become aware of this fate I'm sure they would try to avoid it.

Thats all true. And trying to change fate usually just makes things worse.

He doesn't have to die. Though it's more likely that if he did, the biggest factor regarding Leez would be Asha's refusal to bring him back.

Didn't even think of this. If he does die and she doesnt bring him back that really probably will be the breaking point for Leez's facade to break.

When her facade does break, as sad as its gonna be, its going to be such an epic moment.

HmtYmQG.png

#12 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

@Kurapika

I don't believe Ran was ever featured in an insight or mentioned that way. Which is a bit ominous (because it could mean he's already dead), but it could also mean his role isn't big enough that he appears in those glimpses of the future.

Edited by FrostyMouse, 09 February 2015 - 11:02 PM.

#13 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

Cuze im unsure about the motive. But they did know each other and she obviously is interested, so thats the bare minimum reason why they would meet.

Give me multiple speculative reasons, then! <3

So I think the idea is the power of the name is spread out but the gods can choose one person and give them more power if they need to, i think the idea is for the gods to have people who will, for lack of a better word, carry out thier wills in the human world, since Kubera is kind of the odd man out being a god on a human planet, and clearly there is something going on with him that is making him not at full power.

I thought it was obvious that Kubera is dying because the name is moving on from him to another, hence the Sura and Asha killing people true-named Kubera.

Did nobody else think this? o.o

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#14 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

@Kurapika

I don't believe Ran was ever featured in an insight or mentioned that way. Which is a bit ominous (because it could mean he's already dead), but it could also mean his role isn't big enough that he appears in those glimpses of the future.

But he is one of the main four characters. It's too weird for him to have no part unless he is gone...damnit...

HmtYmQG.png

#15 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:14 PM

@Urek Mazino @Relinquisher @azer_moli @Tale @AmrodAegnor @Nyanko @Petite Fleur

---

I promoted Kubera to Semi-Pro. Thread create away.

For some reason, I wasn't noified of that post :pout:

Anyway congrats Kubera! Soon the world will know your might!

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#16 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:14 PM

Thats all true. And trying to change fate usually just makes things worse.

Not necessarily. Leez has had subtle changes for the better, and subtle changes for the worse. Basically, almost every time we see a flash forward we're seeing how her future has changed somewhat.

Didn't even think of this. If he does die and she doesnt bring him back that really probably will be the breaking point for Leez's facade to break.

When her facade does break, as sad as its gonna be, its going to be such an epic moment.

Especially because of the murderer possessing her body, and it's actual potential to wreck the shit out of the everything.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#17 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

I thought it was obvious that Kubera is dying because the name is moving on from him to another, hence the Sura and Asha killing people true-named Kubera.

Did nobody else think this? o.o

I haven't, but that's basically because I was under the impression that she already has his name, given how Alexander already talks as if he doesn't have a name. 

#18 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:17 PM

I haven't, but that's basically because I was under the impression that she already has his name, given how Alexander already talks as if he doesn't have a name. 

To go on further, if Kubera is killing all the Kubera's why did Kubera leave Kubera alive?

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#19 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

I think of it as kind of like 'shares'. Leez is the majority shareholder, but others still hold a bit of it. As she becomes more and more 'Kubera', the less power/existence the God has. 

• azer_moli and Tale like this

#20 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

User's Awards

They're currently directly linked. It's why him taking the Sword or Re was the same as Kubera doing it. So she does already have it, but he has not let lost it I think.

I think he feels him losing it is inevitable, especially because he supports Leez, hence his wordplay.

• Tale likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users