#21 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationLooking For Answers

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

Not necessarily. Leez has had subtle changes for the better, and subtle changes for the worse. Basically, almost every time we see a flash forward we're seeing how her future has changed somewhat.

But this is still before she fully gets whats going on yet.

I cant imagine that things will change for the better in anyway soon enough.

Its probably just going to get darker and darker

Be Careful What You Wish For

HmtYmQG.png

#22 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:20 PM

@ the rest

/whisper Tale it does not work like that D:

Give me multiple speculative reasons, then! <3

So demanding D< but fine

1. Mirha wants to see Asha because they seperated and she has not seen her since and she is talking to leez to try and understand how to approach asha b/c she could not help her back then.

2. Mirha feels guilty for not helping asha and being a burden on asha, making her beta leez, which makes the relating thing either leez realizing this and mirha just deciding to help leez one way or the other.

3. Mirha didnt like how her and asha separated and does not like what shes doing. So now she is getting close to leez to try and manipulate leez onto her side to get at asha and disrupt her plans.

4. Mirha does not like asha at all and is using leez to try and cause harm to asha in anyway she can, this either keeps going or she feels bad for leez like everyone else and decides to help leez to get at asha.

Thats all i got, demanding lady.

I thought it was obvious that Kubera is dying because the name is moving on from him to another, hence the Sura and Asha killing people true-named Kubera.

Did nobody else think this? o.o

It was a thought yeah, but it does not fit the whole picture, the end goal is still un-clear which is why i dont really have anything to say on it.

• Petite Fleur likes this

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#23 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:20 PM

Also, @Petite Fleur ; perhaps you should mod into the first post how to access the overlay? I mean unless you know where to look its kinda hard. And kind of important to reading the series!

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#24 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,922 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

To go on further, if Kubera is killing all the Kubera's why did Kubera leave Kubera alive?

He likes her, or maybe he made a pact with Rao Leez. 3:

I think of it as kind of like 'shares'. Leez is the majority shareholder, but others still hold a bit of it. As she becomes more and more 'Kubera', the less power/existence the God has. 

I don't think she holds the majority so much as Kubera has chosen her. She has more possessions of his, but it's nothing that the others couldn't take as well.

Also, @Petite Fleur ; perhaps you should mod into the first post how to access the overlay? I mean unless you know where to look its kinda hard. And kind of important to reading the series!

Gimme ze links!

please

But this is still before she fully gets whats going on yet.

I cant imagine that things will change for the better in anyway soon enough.

Its probably just going to get darker and darker

That's the general tone of the future, yes. Especially given how much time she has left to live. 3:

It was a thought yeah, but it does not fit the whole picture, the end goal is still un-clear which is why i dont really have anything to say on it.

It's a part of what happens, I think. But yes, not the big goal. It is, however, why Asha and the Sura were originally moving, I think. 3:

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#25 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

They're currently directly linked. It's why him taking the Sword or Re was the same as Kubera doing it. So she does already have it, but he has not let lost it I think.

I think he feels him losing it is inevitable, especially because he supports Leez, hence his wordplay.

Honestly, I could see it going either way. They could still be connected, with the name having passed on.

I sometimes think that Alexander basically broke himself to do something. Probably remembering incorrectly here, but wasn't it said the Gods were all one concept? It seems odd that Alexander's name belongs to someone else (or is the process of coming to belong) apart from him. So, he might be disappearing because of what he did to himself.

#26 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,922 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

Honestly, I could see it going either way. They could still be connected, with the name having passed on.

I sometimes think that Alexander basically broke himself to do something. Probably remembering incorrectly here, but wasn't it said the Gods were all one concept? It seems odd that Alexander's name belongs to someone else (or is the process of coming to belong) apart from him. So, he might be disappearing because of what he did to himself.

It also begs the question of whether or not other Gods have been in this situation before, and how they handled it. 3:

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#27 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:32 PM

It also begs the question of whether or not other Gods have been in this situation before, and how they handled it. 3:

Before Alexander did it, probably not. It seems like he underestimated something. After that, no clue.

Also, iirc, Agni knew how many people named Agni there were in Atera. It's possible that he knows because he has a connection with them. I don't recall if people with God names other than Kubera were also keeping their names hidden, but there could be something there.

#28 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,922 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:37 PM

Before Alexander did it, probably not. It seems like he underestimated something. After that, no clue.

Also, iirc, Agni knew how many people named Agni there were in Atera. It's possible that he knows because he has a connection with them. I don't recall if people with God names other than Kubera were also keeping their names hidden, but there could be something there.

I felt Agni was making a distinction between people named Agni, and people true-named Agni. That is to say, that simply being named Agni - birth name or not - doesn't give you the potential to have the power, but that there is some process involved.

I don't remember what happened to Asha's planet, or if it was mentioned, but is it possible that the events about Leez now happened before, and resulted in the destruction of Asha's planet?

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#29 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:41 PM

I felt Agni was making a distinction between people named Agni, and people true-named Agni. That is to say, that simply being named Agni - birth name or not - doesn't give you the potential to have the power, but that there is some process involved.

Hmm, I already need to reread. >.>

#30 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

Gimme ze links!
please

Lets see if I can find them... 

It took a while, from the Kubera Wiki;

There are three methods:

- Plugin method:
This requires installing a script, but loads automatically afterwards.

Note: if you already have the plugin installed from before, open a chapter of something else being scanlated first (like this) to ping it (this will inform it that Kubera has been added to the feed).

- Bookmark method:
http://www.oddsquad....010/01/irc.html (doesn't require installing a script, just requires a bookmark. You have to click on the bookmark link every time you open a corresponding page on Naver) Both methods only take a few seconds. If one browser doesn't work for you, try another one to see if it works.

- Cut 'n' paste: Simply copy and paste the following line into your browser's address bar and press the "Enter" key when you are on a Naver page with an associated overlay translation.
javascript:(function() { var oss_js = document.createElement('script'); oss_js.type = 'text/javascript'; oss_js.src = 'http://static.oddsquad.org/js/naver.reader.oss.js'; document.body.appendChild(oss_js);})();

Hmm, I already need to reread. >.>

You do need to Reread! Kubera is one of those series which makes so much >more< sense after rereading it!

Edited by Nyanko, 09 February 2015 - 11:06 PM.

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#31 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,667 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

Depends. IIRC in The Finite side novel it was confirmed that there have been multiple universes before this one. I don't think this has occurred before in this universe, though.

What likely started this was Alexander killing Ananta when it shouldn't have been possible. Ananta's name meant he was invincible in combat, but Kubera took him out (as far as we know) and hence started this tragedy. Although this starting there is just a theory of mine; after all, we still don't know why Visnu and Shiva fought. Shiva's lack of being mentioned at all in this story is kind of bothering me though. We've had mentions of Visnu, mentions of Kali, mentions of Brahma, yet none of Shiva?

We also have no idea what started the Cataclysm. Just that Sura went on an all-out war against everybody else and that not everyone can remember everything that happened then (Hoti Visnu?).

#32 hitesh93

hitesh93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:57 AM

Depends. IIRC in The Finite side novel it was confirmed that there have been multiple universes before this one. I don't think this has occurred before in this universe, though.

What likely started this was Alexander killing Ananta when it shouldn't have been possible. Ananta's name meant he was invincible in combat, but Kubera took him out (as far as we know) and hence started this tragedy. Although this starting there is just a theory of mine; after all, we still don't know why Visnu and Shiva fought. Shiva's lack of being mentioned at all in this story is kind of bothering me though. We've had mentions of Visnu, mentions of Kali, mentions of Brahma, yet none of Shiva?

We also have no idea what started the Cataclysm. Just that Sura went on an all-out war against everybody else and that not everyone can remember everything that happened then (Hoti Visnu?).

Actually Ananta means "Without End". It doesn't refer to him being unkillable in combat, but more that he's an 'eternal' being, in the sense that his presence is somehow a necessity for everything to work. Something similar to how in Bleach, the Soul King is the 'lynchpin' that keeps everything balanced. 
It appeared to me that Kubera killed Ananta under some scenario for the greater good. However it backfired and made things worse, which GodKubera now regrets. So he is helping restore Ananta even at the expense of doing things he personally dislikes. His guilt is what is being used to blackmail him as well it seems. It's possible that the Cataclysm was caused by Ananta's end (a paradox) which in turn messed up a number of things in the universe. 

Also Shiva has been mentioned a few times that I can recall. 

#33 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,667 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

Actually Ananta means "Without End". It doesn't refer to him being unkillable in combat, but more that he's an 'eternal' being, in the sense that his presence is somehow a necessity for everything to work. Something similar to how in Bleach, the Soul King is the 'lynchpin' that keeps everything balanced. 
It appeared to me that Kubera killed Ananta under some scenario for the greater good. However it backfired and made things worse, which GodKubera now regrets. So he is helping restore Ananta even at the expense of doing things he personally dislikes. His guilt is what is being used to blackmail him as well it seems. It's possible that the Cataclysm was caused by Ananta's end (a paradox) which in turn messed up a number of things in the universe. 

Also Shiva has been mentioned a few times that I can recall.

Do you mean in the context of the story, or what it means in mythology? I'm aware of the latter.

Yes, he has been mentioned when talking about the Sword of Re, and about how he disappeared, but not much else. We haven't seen him do anything, if you know what I mean?

#34 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:17 AM

Caught up once again, so DEW stops harrassing me on Skype.

• Petite Fleur, Nyanko and Tale like this

#35 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:08 AM

IIRC in The Finite side novel...

Where did you read The Finite? On Batoto? I don't want to read it on a forum so was hoping there was a better way. On that note I thought it might be a good idea to bring Mizura's summary translation of The Finite here for those who haven't read it or are unaware of it and might be interested to know more.

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#36 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,667 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:49 AM

I read it a long time ago. Before currygom said to stop translating. It is probably a good idea to bring translations here, though.

#37 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:53 AM

I read it a long time ago. Before currygom said to stop translating. It is probably a good idea to bring translations here, though.

Too late. Can you lock the thread btw.

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#38 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

She can't say it… Well, Leez is not sure GodKubera is Alexander, but at least, she thought about it. I was hoping for her to try again and then ask why there are things she cannot say. Mirha would have given her some reasons, and maybe Leez would feel like it was indeed the same person. 

Second point. Leez's discussion with Mirha was pretty interesting even though we didn't really learn anything. At least, it confirmed that no matter what she feels on the inside, Leez shows a smiling face not to bother other people, especially Asha. I do remember that time Asha gave her such a cold glare. Leez's reaction was completely normal, it's no wonder she keeps on smiling and acts as if nothing happened. We don't know much of her feelings in the end of the day, and that would be pretty interesting. Her faces are not always enough. 

Now, Mirha's discussion with Asha probably regards Asha's trial. Since it was mentioned again this chapter, I think she simply wants to discuss it with her before deciding whether to give her her support or not. And she certainly wonders why Asha keeps Leez alive while she wears the Name of a god. She even knows it's Kubera since she made her pass in front of the very picture of Kubera while she said you could need months to visit the whole thing. 

Lastly: Agni  :aww:  Still such a pleasure to see him. As awesome as ever. I loved it when he burnt all those papers xD It's like he's bullying Brilith and she can not do a thing ^^. Anyway, that was great to see the both of them and I really want to know what this discussion will be about. :3

#39 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

So… is there a reason why Mirrha didn't ask whether Leez was unable to say something? Since Yuta was able to say so to Asha, she should have been able to as well. 

It's possible she doesn't want to say too much to Leez too fast, to be sure she won't be too shock, and the issue with Asha seemed more important to her than the Name. 

Or then she's also manipulating Leez… 

#40 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,667 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

So… is there a reason why Mirrha didn't ask whether Leez was unable to say something? Since Yuta was able to say so to Asha, she should have been able to as well. 
It's possible she doesn't want to say too much to Leez too fast, to be sure she won't be too shock, and the issue with Asha seemed more important to her than the Name. 
Or then she's also manipulating Leez…

She might not realize that Leez was unable to say something. Yuta figured out because Asha had that problem multiple times while attempting to explain. At least, that's what I infer from the pages.

Of course there is always the possibility that she realized and understood the implications but was not saying anything.

• Nyanko likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users