Photo

Kubera: RITS, Q&A and Miscellaneous Data

Kubera

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,343 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

Welcome to the RITS, Q&A and miscellaneous data thread for Kubera. 

Please, put here your thoughts on anything which is not related to the current chapter, or any theory that might pop up in your mind, or anything you simply want to share about the webtoon. 

Tell us about what you think of the Power of the Name, of the Cataclysm, of Asha, of the Sairofe brothers, of Kubera-Leez, of GodKubera-Alexander, of Ananta, Yuta, Gandharva, etc. 

And for the pleasure, you'll also find here:

- answers to your questions (Q&A)

- a timeline

- a glossary

Edited by Greg, 14 February 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#2 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Q&A - Your Kubera Questions Answered

This is the Kubera Q&A post where commonly asked Kubera questions will be posted. If you have a common Q&A question that you think should be added to this post, please PM me, don't post it here (at least not yet).

Q. This Kubera tale intrigues me... how do I read it?

Spoiler

What is the link to the Naver site's Kubera page?
Spoiler

What is the "Power of the Name?"
Spoiler

What is the difference between the different type of Sura?
Spoiler

How many gods are there, and who are they?
Spoiler

Wow interesting... so what about the tribes of the Sura, what are they?
Spoiler

Feel free to ask any Questions in this Thread, reference @Nyanko and they will be added here. 

Edited by Nyanko, 15 February 2015 - 12:21 AM.

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#3 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

I HAS THE RANDOM THEORY

Tale said he was gonna make this topic but i guess not, so +1 azer.

Spoiler Random Asha Theory

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#4 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,343 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

I HAS THE RANDOM THEORY

Tale said he was gonna make this topic but i guess not, so +1 azer.

Spoiler Random Asha Theory

I like your theory a lot. 

Spoiler

#5 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:24 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh, and I updated the QandA

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

#6 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,343 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:01 AM

Spoiler

Oh, and I updated the QandA

Spoiler

#7 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:51 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by Relinquisher, 17 February 2015 - 10:55 PM.

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#8 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,343 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:30 AM

Three random talking points that have been pondering in my head to get the theory ship underway; I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Hmm... Ananta... Kubera... This is a theory of mine. What do those two have in common? One is a snake, the other is a hawt blonde kid. *reads FAQ above*... waiiiittttttt... Isn't the Ananta clan specializing in the Earth attribute? Isn't Kubera's realm Earth? We know that it was Kubera who "Killed" Ananta in the days before the cataclysm, but why? Has it to do with his earth powers? Did he think that by slaying him and TAKING HIS NAME he could increase his powers further? But doing so he lost his own name? We can see him after the deed talking to Angi about what he did; regretting it immensely. Why?

"If she lives for 15 years with the name Kubera, you're child will have a happy life"... Visnu, are you pulling our leg? Poor Leez; nothing since her birthday can be regarded as happy. And nothing from the glimpses of the future shows a happiness. Visnu, who I theorize was the one who told Rao that, knows what is going to happen. Did he lie to them? Why? Was it to simply create a vessel which would hold the power of the name? Thinking about all the things Visnu has done, he's quite a dick, almost to the point of SuperDickery... He lied to Hawt Green Hair, his so called friend; about the god of water creating a sea, he lied to Rao about Kubera's happiness... who else did he lie to? I have a feeling Asha knows the truth. Probably Claude too. They're both playing this macabre game; whatever it is. What do you think?

And I hit post a bit early... The third theory... What is Alexander's ultimate plan? Firstly we know the Sura have been manipulated by Alexander, the snakes to revive Ananta, Big Bird to find his siblings, and Hawt Green Hair to find his daughter. But the Kinnara clan... seem to know that this is not his ultimate goal; It is a shadow, obscuring his real goal. He wants to kill all the Kubera's, indeed he has even said as much, and it has been realized by Top Mage and Ran. But why after going to so much trouble in destroying her village did he let her live? Why continue the attacks? What is Kubera's ultimate goal. We can see that he needed his gear for some reason, but Earth Priest Dude mentioned they were kept in safe keeping paticularly to give to Kubera if he asked for them. And since a god's object is apart of their body, and can be summoned at will, why couldn't Kubera do that? So what is his ultimate plan? Why does he want Ananta resserected? Does it have something to do with the first talking point? That by killing Ananta, he destroyed his own name... BUT! he was not the first of the first Sura to be killed, quite a few others were slain, well before the cacaclysm? Was it because he was killed by Kubera, who shared the earth element with Ananta?

You see, these questions keep going around and around in my head.

And yes, Superman IS a dick

Edited by Nyanko, 02 March 2015 - 03:41 AM.

#10 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,695 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Hmm... Ananta... Kubera... This is a theory of mine. What do those two have in common? One is a snake, the other is a hawt blonde kid. *reads FAQ above*... waiiiittttttt... Isn't the Ananta clan specializing in the Earth attribute? Isn't Kubera's realm Earth? We know that it was Kubera who "Killed" Ananta in the days before the cataclysm, but why? Has it to do with his earth powers? Did he think that by slaying him and TAKING HIS NAME he could increase his powers further? But doing so he lost his own name? We can see him after the deed talking to Angi about what he did; regretting it immensely. Why?

If Alexander took Ananta's name, wouldn't he be called Ananta by now? Or are you implying that was Kubera's goal, but he failed?

Hmm. Gods are inextricably tied to their name (unlike other creatures as far as we know), so Kubera losing Kubera is the same as Kubera dying. Would Kubera becoming Ananta also be the same as Kubera dying? That would somewhat explain why Sagara is helping the man who ruined her clan. Although we're really not sure what the aim of killing off people named Kubera is in the first place. All that we know is that the universe is at stake.

"If she lives for 15 years with the name Kubera, you're child will have a happy life"... Visnu, are you pulling our leg? Poor Leez; nothing since her birthday can be regarded as happy. And nothing from the glimpses of the future shows a happiness. Visnu, who I theorize was the one who told Rao that, knows what is going to happen. Did he lie to them? Why? Was it to simply create a vessel which would hold the power of the name? Thinking about all the things Visnu has done, he's quite a dick, almost to the point of SuperDickery... He lied to Hawt Green Hair, his so called friend; about the god of water creating a sea, he lied to Rao about Kubera's happiness... who else did he lie to? I have a feeling Asha knows the truth. Probably Claude too. They're both playing this macabre game; whatever it is. What do you think?

Visnu lied, yes, but probably for the same reason Asha hides the truth. He and the other Primeval Gods have been through this before; the universe  -- for reasons yet unknown -- is destined to end. I think this was his best attempt at preventing that from happening. I wouldn't be surprised if he or Kali instigated this conflict in the first place.

It's interesting that Visnu speaks in riddles when he is giving advice yet speaks directly when lying. Or perhaps, he spoke in riddles while lying and Rao and Gandharva misinterpreted his advice.

Why does he want Ananta resserected?

Is it ever stated that this is the eventual goal of Alexander and/or Sagara?

#11 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Alexander took Ananta's name, wouldn't he be called Ananta by now? Or are you implying that was Kubera's goal, but he failed?

That he failed...

Is it ever stated that this is the eventual goal of Alexander and/or Sagara?

Of Twintails? Yes; that is her eventual goal and is stated in the Manhwa. But what benefit would Alexander get by resurrecting the Sura that he went to so much trouble to kill? Surely it is not for the snakes benifit that he is doing it. But rather, his own?

#12 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,695 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:53 PM

Of Twintails? Yes; that is her eventual goal and is stated in the Manhwa. But what benefit would Alexander get by resurrecting the Sura that he went to so much trouble to kill? Surely it is not for the snakes benifit that he is doing it. But rather, his own?

Any chance you remember which chapter? I vaguely remember it as well, but I have yet to do the re-read necessary. I will by the end of this month, though!

Alexander resurrecting Ananta could just be trying to fix his mistake. It depends why exactly Ananta's death put the universe at peril. I think what he is currently doing is his last resort, and Leez is his main plan. Well, not really a main plan, but more that 'it would be nice if this plan worked'.