155 replies to this topic

#141 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

what about using less overpowered characters for battles?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#142 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

The Almighty allows Yhwach to perceive an infinite number of parallel futures and alter the present to whichever future he deems ideal.

Yeah, I know that much, but I also have the impression that he has weaknesses that someone as powerful as Midora might be able to exploit. It's been a while since I read that arc though and I did not pay much attention then, so I might be wrong.

#143 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

How about Logia team vs our Earth? Or less popular than Big3 but still pretty popular verses like Nanatsu no Taizai?

I personally don't want to touch Bleach. Because Bleach's fights are heavily cinematic and thematic. Action and angle-shot are tailored for these purposes and make it damn hard to debate.

what about using less overpowered characters for battles?

Which verses? HxH? Or Reborn?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#144 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:47 AM

Yeah, I know that much, but I also have the impression that he has weaknesses that someone as powerful as Midora might be able to exploit. It's been a while since I read that arc though and I did not pay much attention then, so I might be wrong.

illusion abilties 

which he should have been immune to but hey Kubo needed to end that shit show.

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#145 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:52 AM

where is Plotsu at right now?

Can he take on Luffy??? 

#146 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

"what about using less overpowered characters for battles?"

Which verses? HxH? Or Reborn?

the comment came after Ywach-Kaguya and Ywach-Midora

but guess using characters from more down to earth mangas counts too

anything from: Nanatsu no Taizai, Boku Hero Acc, could get some interest

maybe also noblesse and tower of god? don't know those enough to say if they could be interesting

or with "verses" were you meaning to downscale op characters, into worlds where they aren't op anymore?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#147 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

Aster (Black Clover) vs. Renji (Bleach), if Reiatsu/Shikai etc. count as magic by BC standards.

#148 DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

How about Kenshiro vs Juubito?

• Zeando likes this

#149 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

make the thread.

But with Jubito other abilities like those magic orbs and stuff it might be lop sided.

Kenshiro bestbet is to stand there and go intangible.

#150 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

Among the recent battle shounen I think NnT is the only good verse for debate, strong but not too overpowered. BnHA and World Trigger are too weak. Haven't read Black Clover though. But it's only been 100 chapters so I wonder if the power level there gets crazy already.

UQ Holder is also nice.

If only ToG had more fights.

KHR would have been good if not for the serious lack of quantifiable destructive feats.

Soi Fon in One Piece world: where would she rank?

#151 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

Soi Fon in One Piece world: where would she rank?

A bit above Lucci?

#152 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

A bit above Lucci?

That feels a bit low. I am thinking Vergo at least.

Btw, I always wonder if her shikai still remains effective if the wound healed...

#153 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

Well is Soi Fon speed considered to be "fast", as in G2 Luffy, in OP? If so then I consider her well above Luci. She has a problem with logia types, but anything solid could be killed pretty quickly

#154 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

I suspect that she'll have serious problems with all Haki-users (especially as her Bankai is already borderline useless in OP-verse) that come with Soru-speed or faster, so I ranked her above what was probably the most versatile non-Haki non-Logia user we have seen in OP, Lucci.

(Ok, within OP, I'd probably rank Drugged Hody > Lucci, but the drugs are hard to argue since Oda didn't really exploit their full potential and just used them to justify a cheap power-boost)

Edited by Oben, 11 March 2017 - 10:10 AM.

#155 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:16 AM

Well is Soi Fon speed considered to be "fast", as in G2 Luffy, in OP? If so then I consider her well above Luci. She has a problem with logia types, but anything solid could be killed pretty quickly

Hard to answer. Bleach's speed feat is hard to quantiffied. But I would say same same given her clones technique and the catching bullets shot by BG9.

especially as her Bankai is already borderline useless in OP-verse

Why? Even now many One Piece characters can die in explosion. Even bullets.

that come with Soru-speed or faster

Aokiji is the only one who has used a Soru-like move and travel a distance far enough to think he can outspeed Soi Fon and her bankai IIRC.

#156 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

I know this has been debatet in past in the forums, especially in those tournaments. I haven't seen the reasoning why only Haki would work on Logias but I'm all ears to hear about it.

It's not ''only Haki''. Obviously any ability that can deal with intangibility (or something to that effect) would work.

Pretty sure what is debated in these tournament is not ''only Haki works on Logia''. It's whether you should just give the characters in other universes CoA so that they can hit Logia.

1. My take is why wouldn't it?

2. Every person in respective mangas have access to it as long their willpower, spirit or strenght (not literal Strenght but their combined stats) is high enough. They also wary from person to person, Haki just does it in lesser state.

...I fail to see how no.2 logically supports/explains no.1. Just because A and B are both something all characters can have as long as certain conditions are fulfilled doesn't mean A should be counted as B. That's a very superficial and trivial similarity. It's like saying a cow counts as a fish because they are both living beings...For them to be ''equalized'', they should be similar enough. You don't equalize things that have nothing to do with each other.

And I think it's a no-brainer that if you want to make equivalence cross-verse then the Magic in NnT is equivalent to DF powers, not Haki. Hell, Balor Eye's reading has 3 categories and Magic is separated from Spirit and it's another no-brainer that this Spirit should be the equivalence of Haki (which is based on willpower). But even then it's not like that can be counted as Haki because Haki is the ability/skill to manifest this willpower into something else (the 3 types). In Nanatsu no Taizai characters simply have Spirit, they don't have the skill to make anything out of it. So counting it as Haki is like giving them a free bonus ability that they shouldn't have.

EDIT: And if it actually is so important matter, then all Shinigami from Bleach would have won their One Piece enemies simply because OP characters wouldn't even be able to see Shinigami because they lack Reiatsu

I don't remember the criteria for being able to see souls but whatever.

First of all, even if they can't see that doesn't mean Shinigami would automatically win. If they can't affect the One Piece characters then what's the point? Logia for example would still not be hurt by the majority of Bleach characters. It will just be a fight where both sides cannot do anything to the other.

Secondly, One Piece characters can see Brook's soul or Perona's hollow stuffs so I'm not sure if they can't see ghosts.

Next, Bleach characters can be in gigai and be seen.

Finally, let's just say that inability to see Shinigami is enough to make Shinigami win every damn time, then so be it. :shrug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users