#161 Oben

Oben

Busy

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,925 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:12 PM

Let Luffy have his CoO, it wouldn't be fun (or long) otherwise. Let them fight in an open, unconstrained arena as well. Thank you.

That setting makes Katakuri weaker though, because his Awakening is going to do less.

I'm also assuming that he is fully composed.

Katakuri as a person is a good deal slower than Luffy (not necessarily his attacks though, since they come from thin air), so fresh Luffy has the advantage here. Durability and endurance seem about equal. The foresight is hard to call, but I assume it cancels out for the largest part, with Katakuri being more proficient when in doubt - which might. He has a weapon and his CoA is probably better, but on the brute force department, G4 probably gets the upper hand. Snakeman isn't fully sorted out yet, but it puts in work as well.

Honestly, they're pretty well matched. I would tentatively argue Luffy though, since giving him foresight takes away a lot of Katakuri's advantage.

Edited by Oben, 01 March 2018 - 12:13 PM.

#162 YoWid

YoWid

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationUnknown Regions

User's Awards

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:50 PM

That setting makes Katakuri weaker though, because his Awakening is going to do less.

I'm also assuming that he is fully composed.

Yes, he's fully composed, and he won't have any emotional baggage due to his looks or, again, manly chivalry stuff. He's simply out to kill fast, and go home to eat doughnuts.

I doubt he'd be weaker though. Okay, let's say he's slightly disadvantaged due to less exploitable terrains, unlike in Brulee's mirror world, but surely he can improvise with the new environment, too, right?

Katakuri as a person is a good deal slower than Luffy (not necessarily his attacks though, since they come from thin air), so fresh Luffy has the advantage here

Fine, he's slower since his build is bigger than Luffy, after all. But all that matters is the attacks themselves--as long as they connect, as long as every single hit is telegraphed perfectly to the enemy's body, that's all that counts.

Durability and endurance seem about equal.

If by durability you mean defense on impact, I argue that Katakuri has better durability, while if by endurance you mean stamina that plays in important role like in a grueling slugfest, I agree that they are equal, if maybe Luffy got only slightly better score on that stat.

The foresight is hard to call, but I assume it cancels out for the largest part, with Katakuri being more proficient when in doubt - which might.

Which might.... what again?

Honestly, they're pretty well matched. I would tentatively argue Luffy though, since giving him foresight takes away a lot of Katakuri's advantage.

A lot? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That's a good joke.

Let's just see about it.

Do you mean full CoO or limited CoO tho? I thought we're talking limited CoO as shown in the latest chapter of the canon.

But, by all means, give Luffy the same CoO that Katakuri has if you want--Katakuri would still win, if by very very narrow margin.

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

#163 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,766 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:06 AM

A rematch would result in Luffy mid-diffing Katakuri. Basically like Luffy vs Chinjao but about 30% harder.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#164 YoWid

YoWid

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationUnknown Regions

User's Awards

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:27 AM

Basically like Luffy vs Chinjao but about 30% harder.

It should be 45.28% harder, tbh.

Also, it's gonna be Katakuri high-diffing Luffy, sorry.

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users