315 replies to this topic

#301 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,167 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

I noticed that their dog is named Sebastian.  hm..?

It was said long ago that Ciel named Sebastian like that because he really liked his dog. I can't remember the chapter at all though.

#302 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:05 AM

http://www.mangasail...ji-134?page=all

:cry:

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#303 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,167 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

That was such a heart-breaking chapter.

Still... Tanaka lied?

#304 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Looks like my speculation about the author deliberately pacing the chapters slowly so that the "sacrificial ceremony" chapter happens on the same month as Ciel's birthday, to parallel the 'birth' of 'Fake!Ciel' (when he starts pretending to be his brother after taking the Phantomhive ring from his stomach).

I also wanted to leave some of my thoughts about how, exactly, they managed to 'revive' Ciel (and the other 'stars' from the Sphere Music Hall).

I don't have much evidence to back this up, but I believe it has something to do with alchemy:

• The company which bought the technology for 'reviving the dead' was named 'Osiris' (revealed during the Campania arc). Osiris is the Egyptian god of life, death, rebirth and the afterlife, and his myth can be symbolically related to "The Great Work" (Magnum Opus), which is a term that can refer to the process of creating the Philosopher's Stone;
  • During the Forest Witch arc (more specifically, the aftermath), Undertaker told Diedrich he had some matters to attend to in France. Nicolas Flammel, a very famous alchemist said to have discovered the Philosopher's Stone and the secret of immortality, was French;
  • In the chapter that Sullivan meets the Queen, there is a scene where Undertaker gives Ciel (the real one) some kind of potion to supposedly wake him up. As the Philosopher's Stone could sometimes also be equated with the Elixir of Life, that could have been perhaps an unfinished version;
  • The desire to create an "Elixir of Immortality" is notably the main drive in one of the oldest alchemical traditions in the world: Chinese alchemy. Lau, boss of the Chinese mafia in Shanghai and owner of a big Chinese trading company, Kunlun, has been notably absent these last few arcs. Could he be more relevant to the story than was previously thought?

Edited by Moon_Hermit, 01 December 2017 - 11:49 AM.

• azer_moli, xMareBearx and Fenrix like this

#305 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:37 PM

Yo, the suspense is killing me. Yana Toboso is too good at this, lol  :P

But yeah, what a heart-breaking chapter  :( Sebastian the dog was definitely the MVP trying to protect his little master.

I hope it doesn't turn out that Tanaka was somehow in cahoots with whomever killed the Phantomhive family and their housekeeping staff. That'd be like the last blow of betrayal to Ciel since Tanaka has been his only constant.

@Moon_Hermit That's a very interesting theory, and it would be so cool if that's how this plays out  :o

#306 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

https://readms.net/r...tler/135/4795/1

I'm starting to get the feeling the author is a sadist.  All of the covers with twin Ciels are being used here, I think.

Also, I don't even want to know what happened to the two of them.

Edited by Saiyan5nine-tails, 28 December 2017 - 04:38 PM.

• Fenrix likes this

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

#307 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:19 AM

Yeah, I was already disturbed with Ciel's past and guessing what may have happened to him while captive but seeing it happen (or at least the allusion to what's happening) really shows how fcked up some people are.

Also, Toboso Yana tends to draw Ciel in "feminine" poses/stances throughout the manga which I think adds to the sense of perversion.

Forreal, it's a wonder that Ciel isn't completely deranged considering what happened to him and his twin. 

#308 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:20 AM

Yeah, I was already disturbed with Ciel's past and guessing what may have happened to him while captive but seeing it happen (or at least the allusion to what's happening) really shows how fcked up some people are.

Also, Toboso Yana tends to draw Ciel in "feminine" poses/stances throughout the manga which I think adds to the sense of perversion.

Forreal, it's a wonder that Ciel isn't completely deranged considering what happened to him and his twin. 

It really is a wonder that Ciel is as sane as he is.  The "real Ciel", on the other hand...We may have a motivation.  What happened that night broke him so much that he may feel "our Ciel" is the only one who can be by his side, and that no one can be by "our Ciel's" side but him.  What Sebastian "did to him that night" was take "our Ciel" away.

Edited by Saiyan5nine-tails, 02 January 2018 - 01:21 AM.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,

#309 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

http://www.mangasail...suji-136?page=2

0_0

Oh, hello, Sebastian.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,

#310 xMareBearx

xMareBearx

Spirit of the Bear

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWherever my food tasting brings me

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

New chapter is out and... holy ****.

Spoiler

Edited by xMareBearx, 31 January 2018 - 12:26 PM.

#311 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:21 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• xMareBearx likes this

#312 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

Was last chapter an early release? The chapter that's out today is the same one from last time  :huh:

#313 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:03 PM

JUST GIVE US HIS NAME ALREADY! 

On the other hand, what has been revealed in this chapter makes the presence of "real Ciel" even more suspect.  Since the price paid for Sebastian's summoning was Ciel's soul, there is no way the Ciel revealed recently is the brother who died on that day.   That must be why "Ciel" needs blood to sustain himself; he has no soul, functionally speaking.  

• Fenrix likes this

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,

#314 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:05 PM

Great chapter.

I am grateful that through these flashbacks we're able to see how and why "Ciel" made the contract with Sebastian. I wonder, will Sebastian really claim our Ciel's soul at the end of this manga? Or will our Ciel become a little princeling of hell--Sebastian forever stuck to his side, lol?

#315 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

Spoiler

#316 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,167 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted Yesterday, 09:49 AM

I really liked those last few chapters, though we still don't know the name of the MC. 

In a way, even Sebastian has been tricked, but it won't make the contract void given that the names were not written on the contract. 

It was a nice way to set rules, indeed. Would have been nice if he remembered some stories he had read to help him out but why not. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users