#41 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Oh my. What a chapter. 

Kinda sad for the prefects, but it couldn't be helped, and that's better than any kind of death penalty. 

Undertaker was glorious. Glorious. Awesomely glorious. In the panel he said "see you", I couldn't help but laugh. It was magnificent XD With the moon above his hands :D

Good to see Ciel back to the manor too, I had missed the other characters. Though it's kinda sad he really doesn't want to keep any memory of the school. 

Last but not least: the Queen. 

A queen who wants to turn enemies into allies. 

She's awesome :D

#42 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Poor Queen Victoria must be rolling in her grave  :lolxg: this Queen Victoria is totally insane  :laugh:

Still, pretty anti-climactic but Undertaker just keeps owning Sebastian  B)

But really that's it? They just get expelled? That's pretty weak punishment despite the "fate worse than death" crap the author is trying to pull of there.

Oh well, let's just move and hope the next story will be more rewarding.

#43 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

I wouldn't say it's a weak punishment. 

I mean, her nephew was really at fault, and in that sense, the council had to act. What they did was just a bit too extreme... 

Now, for them, the school was everything, and the school's honour is everything. They are a bit like knights who fight for their honour and the school's honour. As such, to expel them from the school was the most shameful thing possible. 

It's worse than death, because death would have washed their honour. 

There, they have to live with the shame of having failed until the end of their days. 

It is stupid. But it suits their personality. 

#44 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

The prefects killed a person and they only get expelled? No matter how you try to sugarcoat this one it's still weak and it would have been much more appropriate to sent them to prison.

Edited by DrugzRule, 25 August 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#45 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

The prefects killed a person and they only get expelled? No matter how you try to sugarcoat this one it's still weak and it would have been much more appropriate to sent them to prison.

What sugarcoating, people in your beloved medieval Japan killed themselves for the stupidest things ever just because of their obsession with honour and their lord. They preferred death to living without dignity. (which dignity they thought they lost for the stupidest reasons ever, but no matter) 

It was even spelled out that it was for social statuses and avoiding scandals' sake, rather than the Queen's mercy. 

6474505L.gif

#46 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationOne step closer to Despair

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

The Queen doesn't seem to have any mercy for anyone. After this chapter she seems quite the cold woman to me, even considering the use or alliance with a group that resurrects the dead.

She might end up being quite the bad guy at the end  of the series. It would be messed up that everything that happened to Ciel was part of a plan of the Queen to get rid of Ciel's dad since he might have been on to something on the Queen. 

Spoiler The meaning of life

#47 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

What sugarcoating, people in your beloved medieval Japan killed themselves for the stupidest things ever just because of their obsession with honour and their lord. They preferred death to living without dignity. (which dignity they thought they lost for the stupidest reasons ever, but no matter) 

It was even spelled out that it was for social statuses and avoiding scandals' sake, rather than the Queen's mercy. 

I'm saying the prefects should have gotten their appropriate punishment by going to prison for murder instead of being just expelled. It is just ridiculous to let them go like that and if they wanted to avoid scandals they could have just had the prefects "disappear" so the truth will be buried entirely.

Edited by DrugzRule, 25 August 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#48 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

I'm saying the prefects should have gotten their appropriate punishment by going to prison for murder instead of being just expelled. It is just ridiculous to let them go like that and if they wanted to avoid scandals they could have just had the prefects "disappear" so the truth will be buried entirely.

It was a different time, Drugz. And then, honour mattered way more than anything else for nobility. 

The lives of the four prefects are ruined, they won't ever be able to face anyone from their family. 

Shame is upon them. 

Prison would actually have been a too sweet punishment for them. 

It prevents the scandal for their family there, but not for them. 

Edited by azer_moli, 25 August 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#49 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

What is appropriate punishment is not for you to decide here.

^ told you that they were actually punished, as for the scandals, their families would know, heck their subordinates at the school would know, a leak of information would be a major risk. 

The Queen obviously cares much more about saving faces rather than Justice™, so that's further meaning into them not being killed.

6474505L.gif

#50 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

It was a different time, Drugz. And then, honour mattered way more than anything else for nobility. 

The lives of the four prefects are ruined, they won't ever be able to face anyone from their family. 

Shame is upon them. 

Prison would actually have been a too sweet punishment for them. 

It prevents the scandal for their family there, but not for them. 

Their lives would have been ruined anyways if they had been sent to prison. I just don't get why British people consider expulsion a fate worse than death.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ll9EFED2xrQ

Indeed Ron.

What is appropriate punishment is not for you to decide here.

^ told you that they were actually punished, as for the scandals, their families would know, heck their subordinates at the school would know, a leak of information would be a major risk. 

The Queen obviously cares much more about saving faces rather than Justice™, so that's further meaning into them not being killed.

But it's my right to judge their morality as a reader ^^

Still makes more sense to me to have them disappear even it's only to serve justice but as you said Queen nutcase doesn't seem to care about stuff like that.

#51 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

Agares is dead just like that, I'm disappointed.  :(

But I loved how Sebastian reminded Ciel of how he wants his soul. Judging by Ciel's expression, that truth hit him quite harshly. This arc was still disappointing to me, the climax felt too short for the build up and all the cricket pain, and not very satisfying (I was expecting more of Agares and the prefects, not a death and some expulsions). This chapter managed to redeem it a bit because of Undertaker, the Queen, Snake and Yana's reminder that Sebastian is a cold-hearted demon despite seeming all caring (I love those)

AND OH MY GOD MY DEAR JOHN BROWN APPEARED AGAIN.  :aww:   Queen Victoria had that "innocently insane" vibe around her, I like that.

I wonder what kind of arc we'll be getting next. This one might have been disappointing for some of us non-sport-lovers, but I expect the next one to be good.  :)

Edited by Ryuuhime, 29 August 2013 - 03:27 PM.

mpc-hc_nvo2014-07-0320-42-57-98-Coacutep

#52 Godpachi

Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationFangirlin' anywhere & everywhere

User's Awards

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

God, I love the Undertaker. 

• azer_moli, Ryuuhime and Fenrix like this

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png

Currently At War With Insane Soul

#53 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Fun chap, really do love this series its one of the few gems I have left to read on a regular baisis-http://www.mangapand...kuroshitsuji/85

#54 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Lol, Sebastian is so thoughtful. Then again, it's to harvest Ciel's soul so I'm not sure if he does it out of good will or just with a goal in mind.

#55 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I thought the reason Meirin kept wearing those glasses and Finny kept using that hat was because they were given to them by Ciel, I didn't think they'd want to change it. I'm glad they did it, though, clinging to the past is not good, after all.

Seems that Soma is much more intelligent than he lets out. 
Snake and his bag. :aww:   I'd love if Snake had more panel time, I just love that guy.

I don't have much to add to the chapter itself, I like that the old Kuroshitsuji's Victorian feel is back, I'm not surprised that P. was for Phantomhive because that was one of my theories, but I wonder what kind of relationship the Undertaker had with her.  :)

#56 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

And I thought Meirin was seeing too well without her glasses... Isn't it when she's without her glasses that she can shoot?

#57 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

I loved this chapter! Also, can someone remind me what's the significance of Undertaker's mourning hair chain? I've seem to forgotten ^_^

#58 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

I loved this chapter! Also, can someone remind me what's the significance of Undertaker's mourning hair chain? I've seem to forgotten ^_^

I don't think we know that yet. I remember Undertaker holding that chain and saying "I told him [Ciel] to hold each and every soul dear." I think Claudia P. appeared for the first time when he said that.

Mourning jewelry was worn by Victorian people who would mourn for their deceased loved ones (it was the only kind of jewelry they were allowed to wear) and it usually had a lock of hair from that person. So I wonder if all those people were significant to Undertaker at one point...

#59 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

http://www.batoto.ne...by_black-asylum

Quite the short chapter. Werefolves or just a curse? Plague perhaps?

Either way, we are off to Germany.

#60 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

It was pretty short, but a good set-up chapter, in my opinion. This arc sounds great. Creepy Forest? Werewolves? Curses? Witches? Diedrich?  :aww:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users