Photo

[Character] Aizen Sōsuke (Part 7)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
145 replies to this topic

#141 Madwillionaire

Madwillionaire

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:46 AM

aizen fusing with his zan is still just theory.

In my opinion, the way this whole event is presented has two possible explanations.

1. aizen fused with his zan --> use the powers of his "fused" zan on bach --> distorted bach's perception of time

2. aizen didn't fuse with his zan (thus being wrong in the the last panels of his fight with ichigo)/ lost his zan because he lost his power --> used his rhetoric skills/ his reiatsu properties (the same way hitsugaya's were able to create ice) or he managed to manifest his zanpakuto's powers without a zanpakuto --> distorted bach's perception of time

Since the scenes that give the readers clues are open to interpretation and are thus ambiguous, until something is stated so it can confirm which possible scenario is the correct one, everything we argue about is in the sphere of hypothesis. 

I would even add 3 - hogyoku discarded Aizen's zanpakuto because the evolution gave him the ability to channel KS through his own body instead of having to rely on the zan to use it. Since the zanpakuto itself is really just a  tool that the shinigami power with their own souls, Aizen should should have never lost the ability to use KS, unless hokgyoku somehow replaced the part of his soul that contained the powers.

Edited by Madwillionaire, 20 July 2016 - 08:47 AM.

#142 JasonDM

JasonDM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

The powers of a Shinigami are from within and brought out by the Zanpakuto. One of the most important themes for the story is "the blade is me". Dangai Ichigo and Aizen were both fused to their blades, a symbol of being the blade itself. Ichigo then progressed further with Mugetsu and his Zangetsu disappeared altogether. He was able to form a blade himself when he used Mugetsu.

I've believed for a while now that Aizen and Urahara may have both been right. Aizen may not have needed his zanpakuto any longer and Urahara was right that Ichigo did enough damage to weaken Aizen enough for the seal to kick in regardless of if Aizen had ultimately evolved further, which I believe he did.

#143 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

So him punking Barragan is his best scene in the series right?

Shame he didn't become the Main Character and we got stuck with that stupid strawberry.

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#144 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,320 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

The powers of a Shinigami are from within and brought out by the Zanpakuto. One of the most important themes for the story is "the blade is me". Dangai Ichigo and Aizen were both fused to their blades, a symbol of being the blade itself. Ichigo then progressed further with Mugetsu and his Zangetsu disappeared altogether. He was able to form a blade himself when he used Mugetsu.

It's weird because both Aizen and Ichigo had two entities within them. And both entities weren't truly acknowledged. Plus there was an imbalance between the powers. At the final arc, though Ichigo and Aizen are shown to have mastered their dual powers they don't go back to their FGT forms at all.

*FGT referring to the swordblade arms not the actual powers themselves.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#145 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

Aizen has what 19989 years left in prision?

with good behavior he'll be out in no time.

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#146 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,208 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

Aizen has what 19989 years left in prision?

with good behavior he'll be out in no time.

I wonder if he can actually see with his reiatsu sensing or if he can only sense people with it.

In that much time, the technology would have advanced so much that Aizen would no longer be a threat just from his high intellect. 

If the Onmitsukido is already screening people for having dangerous ideas in the current day, they will probably have a spiritual barrier over Seireitei that bursts the brains of anyone with ill intentions.

Either that or they'll just realize he's too strong to be let out and they'll refuse to release him.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png