#21 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Name:  Seirei Produce

How I Started:   I read the first volume of this about 2 years ago and saw it was completed now.

Like:   The premise attracted me it's a shoujo about a girl who is called the god of destruction and she attracts the attention of a spirit who wants to become a god.   It's pretty funny and short.  I think it's by the mangaka of Pureblood and Boyfriend. 

How was the Ending:  I liked the ending and thought it was fitting for the story. 

Recommend:  If you are looking for a fairly short supernatural story or shoujo. 

Edited by inzaratha, 31 December 2012 - 11:22 PM.

#22 vansonbee

vansonbee

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

Name: Yubisaki Milk Tea

How I Started: It was a recommendation from MAL for Ichigo 100%

Like: Was hook in by a the first few chapters. The protagonist has a weird hobby and develops a second personality. The 2 heroines are a school friend and a childhood friend. I took a liking to the childhood friend the most, because the author kept track of her development from a child to a young adult. She is 2-3 years younger than the other 2 main characters.

How Was the Ending: The ending was unexpected and hardcore.  :P

Would You Recommend: Do read it and let me know how you feel about it.

#23 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

And now

Name:   Molester Man  / Chikan Otoko

How I Started:   I started it as a new manga that came out pretty recently.

Like:   I really loved this one,  I eagerly read each chapter as soon as it came out and they all released really quickly so I was able to read sometimes a chapter a day or every few days or so.   Its a really cute romance ( Im not sure if it's seinen or shounen but from the age of the characters as university and some of the content I would say seinen. )  It is one of the best romance comedies I have read in a while.  

How was the ending for you:   Perfect  even read it the same day it came out and it was a new years eve ending in the manga.  Perfect. 

Recommend:  Yes definitely read it.

#24 ramz91

ramz91

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMotorcity

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Name:Kongou Banchou

How I Started:I had this manga in my "to-read" list for a while and I had realised that it was already completed

Like:I personally liked it, the protagonist to me felt like a fusion between Kenshiro and Jotaro Kujo, just oozing manliness

Recommend:If you like manly mangas, then I would recommend it

Sig%20Image_zpsum2gbm1a.jpg

Credit to the Red Opus for the awesome sig

Congratulations on reading this sentence that serves no other purpose besides distraction and by the way, you've just lost the game.

Also, Gowther is the Lust of my Life and Redline sucks ball bearings

Spoiler To find out why I had to add the second line to my sig, check link in the spoiler

Spoiler I wonder if people actually read what I put here

#25 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Some of my ongoings are completing  and I'm trying to complete some instead of just starting new ones all the time.   lol

Name:   Hapi Mari

How I Started:  I've been reading this one for a couple of years.   It's josei comedy romance

Like:   Yes, I really liked this couple they are really cute and it's nice cause it's about a relationship not about just the lead up to a relationship.

How was the Ending:   Enjoyable and satisfying sort of predictable but enjoyalbe,  I like the two mc's in this one and that is where it's good. 

Recommend:   To anyone who wants to read about a ongoing relationship / marriage or likes romance comedies and smut. 

#26 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Name:  G-Maru Edition

How I Started:   Latest series by the mangaka of Ichigo 100%

Like:   I like the art style and it had some good comedy and likeable characters, but it was mostly a bunch of wasted potential. Not very ambitious.

How was the Ending:  The story never really went anywhere, so there wasn't much to wrap up, but not a particularly impressive ending.

Recommend:   Not really. I spent most of my time while reading this series waiting for it to live up to the premise and the author's potential. It never did.

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#27 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Name: G-Maru Edition

How I started: After finishing Ane Doki, I searched for the latest series by Kawashita Mizuki.

Like: Partially. The characters are, for the most part, likable and not too cliché, but the story is pretty much non-existant.

How was the Ending: Pretty out of the blue, but since there wasn't all that much to say, it's not unsatisfying.

Recommend: Only as something to read inbetween other stuff. It's good to kill time with, but that's about it.

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jigokuraku, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#28 monstertrio

monstertrio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Name: MONSTER

How I started: I heard about it's complicated and convolutedly awesome plot, and amazing storyline so I gave it a try. 

Like: Didn't regret it. One of the best mangas I ever read. 

How was the ending: Not what I expected, but the overall story was nothing short of amazing, so it didn't bother me.

Recommend: Definitely. To anyone who enjoys complex and interwoven plots.

#29 ramz91

ramz91

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMotorcity

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Name:Subarashii Sekai

How I Started:I found it while looking for a seinen slice of life manga

Like:I liked it, if I were to learn one thing from this manga, is that even the darkest clouds have a silver lining and that life is worth living

How Was the Ending:I felt closure after the ending

Recommend:I recommend for those who like slice of life mangas that are more thought provocative

Congratulations on reading this sentence that serves no other purpose besides distraction and by the way, you've just lost the game.

Spoiler To find out why I had to add the second line to my sig, check link in the spoiler

#30 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Name:  Eien no With

How I Started:   I had it on my to read list, heard that it was really good.

Like:   It's about a girl and her dog she raises the dog to be a seeing eye dog, has to part with him to give him to the new owner and then gets him back when he retires.     It is short but it covers the dogs life with time skips.   It's emotional - slice of life.    the art is sort of old fashioned.

Recommend:   To dog lovers, pet lovers, people interested in seeing eye dogs or anyone looking for a real tear jerker.  It's one of those ones that makes you cry.      It's one volume 3 chapters each chapter about 100  pages each  so it's a fairly short read.

Name:   Renren Zakari

How I Started:   I started it as a new shoujo romance,  I actually thought it was going to be a longer manga from the first chapter, but it's a one volume meant as a one volume.

Like:   It has nice shoujo art, it's a triangle, with surprises and it was not completely predictable.   It's a short read with a good ending.   The girl is the smart one smartest in her class.

Recommend:   To shoujo, bishounen lovers. 

Edited by inzaratha, 19 January 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#31 Tainted Gene

Tainted Gene

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in South Town

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Name:   Sanctuary (Action , Drama , Mature , Seinen , Tragedy)

How I Started: was recommended for its deep plot into Politics and Organized Crime (Yakuza)

Like:  absolutely, great characters and an intense story telling that always keeps you hooked till the end

How Was the Ending:  A good complete ending, but Tragic

Recommend:  Yes.  Recommended for those who LOVE or are into politics (as I am) and/or interested in the workings of the Yakuza mafia and its connections to political government. 

• inzaratha likes this

gf7wtg1smitl_by_geneforson-d713rt9.gif

Use the FORCE                               "Disclaimer"

"If the bogeyman attacked you during an emotional fit you wouldn't grab the closest weapon and do epic battle with it."

One Piece Predictions                                 ~ Riding Bean ~

Spoiler I/ " ....................................INHERITED WILL..................................... " /l
Spoiler // .................................SOME OF MY ARTWORK ............................... //

"...despite the circumstances they meet people, these three are ALWAYS in a mindset to laugh and party..."

#32 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

2  - 1 volume - collections of short stories - josei - smut - both supernatural romance

Name:  Ningyo Ouji

How I Started:   I like the mangaka - it's by the mangaka of Chou yo Hana Yo

Like:   Cute supernatural smut stories not much point to them other than being different sort of romance stories.  The first story was pretty funny too about a mermaid guy. 

Name:  Shinobi no Onno

How I Started:    I was reading stuff on some threads bashing this mangaka on copying others and getting away with it because her mother is famous mangaka, so I thought I would look at her stuff myself.

Like/ Dislike:   The stories were actually supernatural historical smut romances with desert Arabian nights type settings  and they varied.  I did see the pics they said were copied and I think it's the type of thing a lot of young artists do copying pics of models they like and such nothing to be so inflamed about - so what if she likes to draw male models, they look nice and actually a lot of famous mangakas do this....    The one story was annoying as a woman cause she fell in love after he raped her and the other after she bought him,  so yeah, that is seen in smut,   but the supernatural part made it pretty interesting but not great.   However the art and her drawing of the girls bodies and hair and the guys  and their historical Arabian costuming was really well done and the art is very good as she has grown up in a family of mangakas. 

Recommend these to those who like supernatural josei romance, they are really quick stories to check out nothing great but not bad either.

Edited by inzaratha, 19 January 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#33 Sanagami

Sanagami

Rightful SOT Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Name: Emma

Jesus, I finally got to it. And I've sort of put reading manga on hold anyways because of this certain medium

Like/Dislike: I loved it. Hence the avatar. I never actually cried but there were so many times I wanted to. And by God, Kaoru has like the best art ever. The clothes on each maid is so detailed, If there is one complaint, I would say there was slightly too much plot and it could have toned down to be more of a slice of life but it was still an extremely amazing manga. It has that aspect of those rare calm slice of lifes (eg. ARIA, YYK) but does carry a bit more plot in it and I guess that's why I'm complaining. But its refreshing, happy when it needs to be, and when its sad its always a sadness that gives a melancholic sort of peace instead.

Though I am sad all the characters I liked got the short end of the stick ;W;

8/10

Recommend: I'd tell everyone to try, but I'm so biased towards slice of lifes .... So if you like slice of lifes, Britain, class struggles, and just well developed characters you should plan to read this manga. Not a bad idea to read this before Otoyomegatari in fact.

• MattC302, inzaratha and Abu Dun like this

tumblr_opz8jglokR1rofk73o1_400.png

Sana you're horrible, never change.

#34 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Name: Eden no Ori

How I started: Saw it being discussed on the old forums and the premise sounded interesting enough.

Like/Recommend: Yeah, it started out quite good but got a bit clichéd as it moved on. Still, it's a nice read and an interesting take on your average survival story.

How was the Ending: Rushed, like many other long running series that ended recently.

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jigokuraku, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#35 Touly

Touly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Name: Kokou No Hito

It was great. Wow. 

• inzaratha and DrugzRule like this
neworig14157_zpsea5d2e00.png

#36 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Name:  Waraenai Riyuu / The Reason She Can't Smile

How I Started:   It was a older shoujo that I had never read before that was being translated.

Like/Dislike:   I can't really say I liked it but I didn't dislike it either, sort of meh.   The art was very old style shoujo art but on top of that is was rather weird, like everyone looks rather surly and unpleasant in it even when they do smile they look sort of ill.     Which is part of the story.  It's about a girl who is told by this guy that she looks hideous when she smiles and she stops smiling.   The mother had to be one of the ugliest women I've seen in manga without it being an outright comedy,  there are trolls better looking.   really.   But in some ways it was different than the typical modern shoujos.    Best part about it was the changes in the male mc who was a real brat in the beginning.  

How was the Ending:   It was like - was that an ending?   really?   It left it sort of open to your imagination what would happen.    It was 4 volumes so not too big.    

Another one.

Name:   Usotsuki na Gemini

How I Started:   I started it a while ago, the last extras just came out. 

Like:   Shoujo romance, twincest,  It actually was not predicatable.    There were several one shots along with the series too and those were cute. 

How Was the Ending:   Bittersweet, can't say much without revealing stuff.

Recommend:  To shoujo lovers.

Edited by inzaratha, 21 January 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#37 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

One shot

Name:   The Last Pierrot

How I Started:   I saw it come out as a one shot and thought the cover art looked interesting also the title was interesting.

Like:   Yes, it was a well crafted one shot with decent shounen type art.     tragedy.

How was the Ending:    Very good, it's was sad.  Quite memorable for a one shot that is a stand alone not meant to start a series, those are usually the best one shots anyway and with a tragedy label you know going in that it will be good. 

Edited by inzaratha, 23 January 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#38 ramz91

ramz91

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMotorcity

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Name:New Grappler Baki

How I Started:I was impatient while waiting for more chapters of both Grappler Baki and Hanma Baki so I found out that New Grappler Baki was completed so I read it to cure my impatience

Like/Dislike:I absolutely enjoyed reading the mangas in this series, the fighting was good and the antagonist blew my mind with the level of violence

Recommend:You don't need me to tell you to go and read this manga if you like fighting mangas,just go and read it. I will however recommend listening to Final Fantasy X's Gagazet theme while reading any manga from this series, this song went extremely well with the manga in my opinion

Edited by ramz91, 03 February 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#39 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Name:  Young Gun Carneval

How I Started:   Started it as an action / assassin seinen a while ago like a year ago I think,  the last chapters came out in trans in Dec so I just finished up the last few chapters. 

Like:   It was alright,  I read better assassin mangas and better yakuza mangas but it definitely was not bad/ decent read.   The art was decent and the characters were pretty good in fact, they were likeable. 

How Was the Ending:   I liked the ending.

Recommend:   To those who like assassin, crime drama, yakuza mangas or detailed  weaponry or seinen action. 

Edited by inzaratha, 27 January 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#40 Sanagami

Sanagami

Rightful SOT Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Name: Emanon Series

How I started?: Well, I didn't know Emanon had a series, so I felt like rereading it and saw it had sequels. Did the rereading and went off to the sequels

Like: Omoide was amazing. I have a slight thing for smoker girls so Emanon became one of my favorite characters really quickly. I love how the perspective wasn't told in Emanon's view point too because I love stories that are observational instead of judgmental. The story moved smoothly, nothing important was really said, but it did have that melancholic tinge of sadness that I love so much. The art is that sort of art that carries a very mature feel to it.

9/10

Sasurai was slightly disappointing, it seemed that it tried to move the manga into more plotty sort of story, and frankly that would suck. I quite enjoyed Episode 1 though, the coloring was nice too but it just didn't really feel the same as Omoide. I don't know, I just sort of wished the series would continue with more of that wanderer feel instead of......

Oh well, I still really like the whole series and I guess if your going to make it longer you might as well add plot :/

7/10

Recommend: Yeah, definitely. Slice of lifes and sci fi fans need to read this manga. If you like stories that flow peacefully and don't try to throw conclusions in your face, this manga should be very high on your To Read List.

Edited by Sanagami, 30 January 2013 - 05:04 AM.

• MattC302, inzaratha and DrugzRule like this

tumblr_opz8jglokR1rofk73o1_400.png

Sana you're horrible, never change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users