Photo

[Character] Donquixote Doflamingo (Part 12)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
395 replies to this topic

#381 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:42 PM

I think Homing was a well meaning idiot who had no idea of the real world and what the CD's mean to the common man. Not to mention the idea of someone harming a CD was probably totally alien to him, even though he did think of himself as a regular human being. This is a few years before Fisher Tiger, so chances are the deferential way that CD's are treated were so ingrained in Homing he really did think everyone wounds just accept him

He didn't even notice that they sneaked him- "This is a world government non-member country". So they wouldn't be protected by any government type facilities/organizations that would protect a Royal, they sent him to a country where he and his family would be hated without accomodations.

2pyaix0.jpg

#382 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:12 PM

He didn't even notice that they sneaked him- "This is a world government non-member country". So they wouldn't be protected by any government type facilities/organizations that would protect a Royal, they sent him to a country where he and his family would be hated without accomodations.

you think that was done on purpose?, why, to teach him a lesson?, get rid of him because he knew too much and they could not have an ex-god  be shown as a normal person?

I think Homing was a well meaning idiot who had no idea of the real world and what the CD's mean to the common man. Not to mention the idea of someone harming a CD was probably totally alien to him, even though he did think of himself as a regular human being. This is a few years before Fisher Tiger, so chances are the deferential way that CD's are treated were so ingrained in Homing he really did think everyone wounds just accept him

still you have to use common sense.

24gvaiu.jpg

#383 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

you think that was done on purpose?, why, to teach him a lesson?, get rid of him because he knew too much and they could not have an ex-god  be shown as a normal person?

Ya, they did it on purpose, they took their CD identification chips also.

2pyaix0.jpg

#384 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:47 PM

Ya, they did it on purpose, they took their CD identification chips also.

but you didn't give me any theory on why you think that was done. come on sloan, you are better than that

24gvaiu.jpg

#385 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:59 PM

but you didn't give me any theory on why you think that was done. come on sloan, you are better than that

Lol. I don't think they approved of Homing's decision to leave the royal palace and relinquishing his title, the reason for this is because the CD expect and want everyone to know them as supreme beings above humans and not to be questioned against, complete dominance in status and prestige pretty much, Homing is a born CD so him "becoming" a normal human could show humans that CD's are the same as humans and that is something he also preached himself. Also they did it to set an example to other CD's so no one else part of their group would follow in Homing's footsteps and leave them/relinquish their status.

2pyaix0.jpg

#386 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:59 AM

There has to be a Head Celestial Dragon in charge who runs things. So far the CD's we have seen are entitled brats.  The Gorousei could be the ones in charge of running things and are CD's themselves but I think there is probably another man-behind-the-man-behind-the-man we haven't seen yet. 

#387 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

The Gorousei could be the ones in charge of running things and are CD's themselves

So Akainu doesn't know? From his arguing with them, it seems he thought of them and CD as 2 different entities.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#388 Shichibukai Ace

Shichibukai Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:13 PM

I missed most of the debates surrounding Dressrosa for the past year just about, but I'm glad to see the forums still active with the usual top tier posters still around.

That being said, I enjoyed the Young Master's performance, easily my favorite villain to date. Missing you already Doffy, hope Level 6 isn't too boring. I doubt Jack's campaign was a success, Doffy is too strong a figure to serve as a disgraced, washed up henchman of Kaidou. Can't really see him working for him as a 2nd ship captain or whatnot, but if Oda goes that route I won't complain.

One thing will always bother me though.... what on earth was up with the glasses/shades? Doubt we will ever find out, but that character trait will always stand out to me. Even though plenty of characters had the same trope of always concealing their eyes, something was just different about the way it was portrayed with Doffy. We even got a couple panels where we do see his eyes, but not with the same shot of his face. So mysterious...

Spoiler

#389 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:24 PM

I missed most of the debates surrounding Dressrosa for the past year just about, but I'm glad to see the forums still active with the usual top tier posters still around.

Wut.  Most of them are gone.  

One thing will always bother me though.... what on earth was up with the glasses/shades?

Swag.

2pyaix0.jpg

#390 Shichibukai Ace

Shichibukai Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:14 PM

Wut.  Most of them are gone.  

Just got back around a couple days ago. Saw you, Andrew, Coquinne, Kidd, Rabbit, fulmine, Furiniji, tlawisop, etc still around, which is good. Had no idea DEW was mod (slowpoke.jpg)

Even though I was off the forums for a bit I never missed a chapter. Sorta bummed I missed out on the Dressarosa debates but I'm sure Zou will entertain a good crowd

Spoiler

#391 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:33 PM

Just got back around a couple days ago. Saw you, Andrew, Coquinne, Kidd, Rabbit, fulmine, Furiniji, tlawisop, etc still around, which is good. Had no idea DEW was mod (slowpoke.jpg)

Even though I was off the forums for a bit I never missed a chapter. Sorta bummed I missed out on the Dressarosa debates but I'm sure Zou will entertain a good crowd

Most people were dissapointed with Drrerosa(Not me). If you wanted to know the general consensus.

2pyaix0.jpg

#392 Shichibukai Ace

Shichibukai Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:45 PM

Most people were dissapointed with Drrerosa(Not me). If you wanted to know the general consensus.

Wow, sorry to hear that....  I would hope our forum's top rate posters wouldn't let a few ups and down detract them from posting, but I would understand if it did. Hope to see those who left come back though, I see tenchu and Kaze are still around on this page, that's good.

Personally, I feel Oda probably changed, or rather "refined" some stuff around in terms of story/plot balancing during the slow DR chapters. A lot of the chapters seemed like they were being milked to be honest, but I feel even if Oda was milking chapters he at least did it in a way that it all tied together. 

I like Dressrosa. I really liked it actually, probably my 3rd or 4th favorite arc when it's all said and done. I thought Doffy was a great villain and commanded a ton of respect from those who didn't even like the character, which is tough to do. 

I have high hopes for Zou and the rest of the story, we probably won't have a need for multiple flashbacks like we did back there in DR, and hopefully the filler/milk chapters are kept to a minimum.

Surely Oda realizes that the story will require a (slightly) faster pace now that everything seems to be one domino knocking down the next, especially with the Sanji bit. 

Edited by Shichibukai Ace, 06 November 2015 - 10:45 PM.

Spoiler

#393 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that....  I would hope our forum's top rate posters wouldn't let a few ups and down detract them from posting, but I would understand if it did. Hope to see those who left come back though, I see tenchu and Kaze are still around on this page, that's good.

Personally, I feel Oda probably changed, or rather "refined" some stuff around in terms of story/plot balancing during the slow DR chapters. A lot of the chapters seemed like they were being milked to be honest, but I feel even if Oda was milking chapters he at least did it in a way that it all tied together. 

I like Dressrosa. I really liked it actually, probably my 3rd or 4th favorite arc when it's all said and done. I thought Doffy was a great villain and commanded a ton of respect from those who didn't even like the character, which is tough to do. 

I have high hopes for Zou and the rest of the story, we probably won't have a need for multiple flashbacks like we did back there in DR, and hopefully the filler/milk chapters are kept to a minimum.

Surely Oda realizes that the story will require a (slightly) faster pace now that everything seems to be one domino knocking down the next, especially with the Sanji bit.

It's my favourite Arc next to MarineFord. Their's a lot of reasons why it was a good arc to me, too lazy to reiterate all the posts you've missed tho atm lol.

2pyaix0.jpg

#394 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:14 PM

I put Dressrosa in my top five to be honest. Doflamingo is definitely my favourite villain so far, and I loved reading it weekly. 

#395 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:19 AM

If not for the current vastly improved art, Cavey and DD's fighting + fleshed out character, DR would be just below Alabasta for me. But since it does have those things, it's now my 3rd favorite arc after Skypiea and the whole period from when Luffy got in ID to when MF War ended (which are 2 arcs technically but...I like to group them into 1 as Rescue Ace arc LOL)

Btw, DD is Yonkiral :hmph:

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#396 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

http://onemangaforum...amingo-part-13/

New thread