• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,110 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

72506.jpg

Plot Summary
One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world's dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.

Producers: Studio Wit
Genres: Drama, Shounen, Vampire, Supernatural
Premiere Date: April 4, 2015

Series PV
Spoiler

I'm putting all on my money on the notion that this will be the most popular anime airing in the spring season. Why do you ask? Well for one, Studio Wit - Most famous for bringing to life the worldwide phenom Attack on Titan and most recently Rolling Girls is putting out all the stops for this one, the staff is very reliable and experienced and we have the ever popular Hiroyuki Sawano on the soundtrack. Add that to the stunning visuals, this being a split cour series and the managka being very much involved on the series (It's going to have anime original content as well, but the creator supervised the scriptwriting so I think that it'll be okay), I think it's safe to say that we're gonna have another overhyped series on our hands lol.

Naturally LN and manga readers would also be thrilled for this series, but judging by what I've personally read so far and what others have told me, this series isn't groundbreaking at all, it's pretty generic and it has some uncanny similarities to Attack on Titan in some aspects, however, I heard that it gets less cliche'd and that the series itself takes off as it goes on....So far for me, the best thing about the series were the characters so I'm looking forward to seeing how this series plays out. (Also I hear that there is some yaoi-esque moments in this series lol Traps too I think xD). This series will make for some great cosplaying though because their outfits are fabulous if I must say

Extra info on the cast, staff and designs
http://myanimelist.n...Owari_no_Seraph

Edited by Tokoya, 31 March 2015 - 09:30 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

Eh ...... so/so

Edited by Yuber, 31 March 2015 - 05:38 PM.

• Tokoya likes this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#3 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,110 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

Eh ...... so/so

This series can be a hit or miss quite easily I think so I wouldn't get your hopes up much unless you're like me and don't mind generic series as long as there are some things that are worth sticking around for

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#4 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

I always mean to read it, but I can't get through the first few chapters, so I'm hoping that the anime will get me there.

ilhd1c.jpg

#5 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A Terrible Human Being

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,578 posts
  • LocationSomewhere and nowhere

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

The beginning is basically Shingeki but replace titans with Vampires. It was stale, but around chapter 10 it started to branch from the generic roots.

I have said this before, the Manga does not turn a 180° flip, but the SnK feeling starts to fade. Plus the characters are what kept my interest on these series.
  • FrostyMouse likes this

dS1Td6I.png

"I would choose a consolation prize like this every time...

If the Flowers of Reincarnation Bloomed for us once again"

#6 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

The beginning is basically Shingeki but replace titans with Vampires. It was stale, but around chapter 10 it started to branch from the generic roots.

I have said this before, the Manga does not turn a 180° flip, but the SnK feeling starts to fade. Plus the characters are what kept my interest on these series.

So, if I couldn't get into the manga, and I hate SnK, is it even worth watching?

ilhd1c.jpg

#7 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A Terrible Human Being

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

Depends of your tastes really.

Owari no seraph is a Manga using the End of the World thing of subplot, we have a protagonist who I like to call Mini Eren, essentially, an Eren. And we have a reverse Sasuke... Use your imagination with that one.

Those are the only complains I have with the Manga, fans of course love them because:

OMG HE SO ANGRY, GONNA KILL DEH VAMPIRES
OMG MICH I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN, PRAISE THE YAOI SHIP.

That aside, the characters are really great, the heroine is not your typical TSUNDERE, but a combination of kudere and the former. Guren on the other hand is that kind of character you wonder, why the fuck you are not the protagonist.

Now, I said this branchs from SnK, why? Because one, it didn't take 50ish chapters to make the plot not black and white, this is not HUMANS GOOD, DEH VAMPIRES EVUL. author has made it clear that both sides can be equally good to equally evil, for gods sake, he has hinted Humans are worse than vampires.

Now, should you watch it? If you dont mind the generic roots, and those 2 I mentioned, the Manga has potential to be a very good shounen, with the elements of combat, the characters and the plot. I have my hopes this turns to be a good successor of Soul Eater pre ohkubo (as the powers and demon weapons).
  • Tokoya, FrostyMouse, Blue22 and 2 others like this

dS1Td6I.png

#8 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

@Insane Soul I see, I see.

Well, that's more of a depiction of reality.  As Shunsui, and plenty of others, likes to say, "There's no good side in a war."  In order to fight vampires, I'm pretty sure that you'd have to commit plenty of atrocities of your own.

ilhd1c.jpg

#9 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A Terrible Human Being

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

@FrostyMouse

I don't want to spoil that much of the plot, but it isn't as simple.

Spoiler

• FrostyMouse likes this

dS1Td6I.png

#10 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,110 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

Depends of your tastes really.

Owari no seraph is a Manga using the End of the World thing of subplot, we have a protagonist who I like to call Mini Eren, essentially, an Eren. And we have a reverse Sasuke... Use your imagination with that one.

Those are the only complains I have with the Manga, fans of course love them because:

OMG HE SO ANGRY, GONNA KILL DEH VAMPIRES
OMG MICH I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN, PRAISE THE YAOI SHIP.

That aside, the characters are really great, the heroine is not your typical TSUNDERE, but a combination of kudere and the former. Guren on the other hand is that kind of character you wonder, why the fuck you are not the protagonist.

Now, I said this branchs from SnK, why? Because one, it didn't take 50ish chapters to make the plot not black and white, this is not HUMANS GOOD, DEH VAMPIRES EVUL. author has made it clear that both sides can be equally good to equally evil, for gods sake, he has hinted Humans are worse than vampires.

Now, should you watch it? If you dont mind the generic roots, and those 2 I mentioned, the Manga has potential to be a very good shounen, with the elements of combat, the characters and the plot. I have my hopes this turns to be a good successor of Soul Eater pre ohkubo (as the powers and demon weapons).

Dude I'm even more sold on this series now lol
  • Blue22 likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#11 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A Terrible Human Being

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:22 PM

Well, I like this Source. Does not mean I am a complete fanboy because there are flaws. But I can deal with it.

Plus did I mention the comedy moments are good?

tumblr_inline_njyzmfPKfS1slq0lv.jpg

• Blue22 and Blink22 like this

dS1Td6I.png

#12 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

So, if I couldn't get into the manga, and I hate SnK, is it even worth watching?

This series isn't up your alley.

How many (winter) shows did you finish, anyway? :P

yjEhBS7.png

#13 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,110 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

Well, I like this Source. Does not mean I am a complete fanboy because there are flaws. But I can deal with it.

Plus did I mention the comedy moments are good?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/4093fdb8e82c...

I remember stressing that when I did my first impressions in the manga thread/saying how much I love that girl :aww:

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#14 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A Terrible Human Being

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

I remember stressing that when I did my first impressions in the manga thread/saying how much I love that girl :aww:

And you haven't reached the part of the manga with the blushes.

• Tokoya likes this

dS1Td6I.png

#15 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:34 PM

The production values for this show should be a lot better than during SnK's run two years ago as WIT should have learned their lesson in that aspect. The fact that this anime will be split cour with the second half premiering in the Fall should be reassuring that animation quality will remain consistent. 

Can't wait to see the inevitable manga sales boost on Oricon also. I'm not expecting something huge like SnK did, but if it can get in the 800k-1 million mark in sales then it should be good.

Edited by Blink22, 31 March 2015 - 09:35 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#16 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A Terrible Human Being

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:39 PM

I am not expecting the anime to be SnK tier (god no), but as Blink said, I want it to boost the attention on the Manga, both sales and overal western fanbase. And I am curious to see how the Anime turns out to be.

Mostly because OnS world and atmosphere is big and diverce, and judging by the PVs and artwork released a little ago, Wits will deliver.

dS1Td6I.png

#17 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

This series isn't up your alley.

How many (winter) shows did you finish, anyway? :P

lol

Not a single one.  I might finish Death Parade, however.

ilhd1c.jpg

#18 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

Funimation got it: http://owarino-serap...nair/index.html

English dub premiere on Toonami next year when?

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#19 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A Terrible Human Being

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

Oh god, English Felid would be Hilarious as hell.

dS1Td6I.png

#20 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,110 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

Funimation got it: http://owarino-serap...nair/index.html

English dub premiere on Toonami next year when?

Knowing Toonami I can see this happening :lmao:

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users