Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,149 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:49 AM

Really loved the way they executed these scenes in this episode and the Mika parts at the end (Plus Shinoa Squad's efforts) and that flashback were definitely the highlights for me

Seeing Demon Yuu was cool as well, art and animation was in point this week too but like I said a short while bacn, shit has gotten real and its only gonna get realer....RIP fallen family members TwT

Edited by Tokoya, 05 December 2015 - 09:50 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#282 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:54 PM

The whole scene with Mika running through the Demon Company to get to Yu was really well done, that's the sort of thing you're aiming for when you adapt a manga to an anime.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#283 Eus

Eus

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:46 PM

The MikaYuu was strong in the new episode my god

and it was gr8

Edited by Eus, 12 December 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#284 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,149 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

I think that was the best adapted episode so far tbh....They nailed everything perfectly

And sadly Kureto the cunt has arrived with Mirai.....Despair is on the horizon....Best girl Mahiru is back next week though :D

Considering where they are now, I wonder at which point in the last 3 chapters of the manga that this season will end on, but no matter which reveal they chose it's gonna be huge lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#285 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

That was hella gay.

The Yaoi fangirls must have been losing it with this episode, even though there was nothing of that actually happening in the episode.

Less of that from now on would be ideal.

Okay episode, I need Kureto to just show up already.

Also, Guren.  :(

Edited by Peleihno, 13 December 2015 - 11:13 PM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#286 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,594 posts
  • LocationTriggering a particular little man.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

It is kind of funny how they made it even gayer than the Manga did.

But eh, that is part of OnS.

#287 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:12 AM

This is one poorly disciplined military.  :lmao: 

I find myself confused with the vampire politics, should be interesting to see how that plays out. So, both Ferid and Krul are working against the vampires?

Kureto seems unnecessarily vicious. There's a difference between consolidating power as a militarist autocrat and taking it too far at the wrong time. I really thought he was gonna killed the spear guy though, was hoping to see that sweet cursed gear in action again.

I don't know how I feel about half-demon Guren.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#288 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,149 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:09 AM

Thoughts on the finale @Insane Soul, lol....Some people think that your waifu is dead but I don't buy it for for second

Edited by Tokoya, 26 December 2015 - 10:09 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#289 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:22 AM

tfw you don't know how much you can or want to write off as animeonly

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#290 Eus

Eus

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:25 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Eus, 26 December 2015 - 12:26 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

#291 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,149 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:31 PM

tfw you don't know how much you can or want to write off as animeonly

This lol

I really enjoyed it though xD

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#292 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,594 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:06 PM

I have been summoned from vacation.

There is no way Tokoya, i have not watched the episode, But it is like Tokyo Ghoul, wouldnt make sense in the slightest. At least for the manga.
  • Tokoya likes this

#293 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:07 PM

I don't know IS, if anyone has a deathflag hanging over them it's Krul

iyzTKCh.jpg

#294 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,594 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

I believe in the Moe power!

#295 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,594 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:13 AM

http://video.weibo.c...89c52b63b5d8c4e

LOL

#296 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:54 AM

that was a pretty good anime ending.

the only thing I dislike'd about it was Kureto and Crowley didn't kiss. 

that would have been cool.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#297 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:18 AM

Just finished this.

Everything is so random. Ok, artwork, designs, voice actors are amazing but the plot, dialogues etc. Nothing makes sense.

#298 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

what doesn't make sense?

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#299 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:25 PM

I finally got around to watching the second season. That was so much more enjoyable than the first season was. Yuu wasn't annoying most of the time which was a plus. The whole Guren thing is a bit weird, and I still don't like Mika, but hey it was definitely a lot more fun to watch.

• Tokoya likes this

#300 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

So, i'm mad late to the party, but I just finished watching this series on Hulu and I guess i'll jump over to the manga(s) assuming there's no other animated adaptation being made for it. Let me say, it's so nice when a series lives up to your expectations. I must've seen the poster image for this 

Spoiler

at least a year ago and was interested instantly, but i'm just now finding time to really watch it. This isn't like the greatest series of all time or anything, but I really enjoyed it. The setup will probably remind you of Attack on Titan (End of the world, humanity at reduced numbers, enemy force overwhelming them and driving them to smaller areas, humanity forms a fighting force to take the world back, etc.), but I think that if you look beyond that and the main character (Who for like the first half of the series, until character development sets in is basically Eren Jaeger), there's a lot of good stuff here. Yu annoyed me at first due to the constant claim about needing to kill vampires, but, again, once you really get into the series that disappears fairly quickly and it becomes more about protecting the people close to him than that.

As with 2 other anime I watched recently, the 24 episodes I got did a solid job of introducing the supporting cast, but leaves me wanting to see much more of them as well. The primary female character, Shinoa, started off, just like Yu, as kind of a cliche, but she also grows out of that and becomes interesting in her own right. And I could even say the same for their other 3 comrades as well. Guren, who I guess could be seen as Yu's mentor/father figure (IDK how to properly describe him) is interesting as hell as a supporting character, who then has a major leap in development when it's shown that, just like Yu, he's gotta struggle with his own demon problems from a past love interest. Unlike AoT, thanks to Mika's presence as a vampire, the series automatically makes it clear that neither side is solely good or bad, but just mixed with shades of gray and I like that. The music and animation were all solid, but I thought there was a nice bump in quality during the last episode. The action is some of the same and I like how the different character abilities have been set up thus far. None of the main characters, at least, have the same exact powers, showing a nice bit of creativity on the author's part. And, just like AoT in this case, there's a gradual reveal to different parts of this larger conspiracy that got everyone into the current mess. I really can't wait to continue with this series, so i'd say this adaptation managed to do what any good work should.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users