• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#41 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

But it is Shinya, so itsk.

#42 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,201 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

This got picked up by Funimation so we're gonna get subs on time on Saturday

Edited by Tokoya, 02 April 2015 - 11:01 PM.

• FrostyMouse likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#43 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,201 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

Episode 1 pretty much covered the first chapter.....I missed half of it though but from what I saw, it was spot on...Kinda ended abruptly though 

EDIT

http://www.nyaa.se/?...view&tid=673862

http://www.masterani...ari_no_Seraph/1

Edited by Tokoya, 04 April 2015 - 09:44 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#44 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

First episode covered all the First chapter, and added thr timeskip as a bonus because the first chapter ended as I AM GONNA KILL ALL DUH VAMPIRES when he met Guren, so that is a neat bonus!

The only thing they skipped was the fact Mich and the other kids did mention they also had a traumatizing past, such as Mich being abused by his parents. The Too bad, We are your family now kinda felt odd.

But overall good episode, I am loving how the anime is doing justice to the scenery in OnS.

Edited by Insane Soul, 04 April 2015 - 12:23 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

#45 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,201 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:15 AM

First episode covered all the First chapter, and added thr timeskip as a bonus because the first chapter ended as I AM GONNA KILL ALL DUH VAMPIRES when he met Guren, so that is a neat bonus!

The only thing they skipped was the fact Mich and the other kids didn't mention they also had a traumatizing past, such as Mich being abused by his parents. The Too bad, We are your family now kinda felt odd.

But overall good episode, I am loving how the anime is doing justice to the scenery in OnS.

Based Wit delivered :D

But yeah, after watching the subs I noticed that they skipped the part where the kids told him about their past....I was hoping that they added that in but oh well 

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#46 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

They could have done it, it wasn't a heartbreaking moment.

Just little kids being competitive on who was abused the most.

#47 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,201 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

Maybe it will be hinted at in the next episode or something....But I don't really mind if we don't get mentions of it

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#48 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

Ah no, it is not a big deal. I am just saying it would have been better.

What I am looking forward is next weeks episode and Chapter 4 and 11!

Edited by Insane Soul, 04 April 2015 - 10:26 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

#49 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

A very well done & solid pilot, overall (no OP, though).

Fantastic production elements to go along with Sawano's great music.

Pretty much confirms this will be a keeper.

yjEhBS7.png

#50 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

I just hope the high school crap will be over quickly, so we can get to the good part

qhz8b56l.png

#51 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

2-3 episodes top

#52 DarkusSlayer

DarkusSlayer

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

Glad I found an awesome new anime to watch on the weekend now, especially since most of the ones I've been watching have finished recently. Loved the first episode. Looking forward to seeing how things turn out in this one.

s4xjkl.png

#53 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

the animation is good, what i'm finding issues with is the music, it's not creating the right atmosphere for me, it feels a bit out of place :/ (same of that happened with yumekui merry, but there even the animation and adaptation in general was terrible..)

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#54 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

The composer always nails when it comes to the battles, so let's wait...

Next Episode there is one

#55 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:09 PM

This looks pretty good so far. The opening scene of the show was dramatic. It was all calm and then people started falling down in the street. If it had been just that the scene would have been forgettable overall, but then the truck came out of nowhere and it probably hit/ran over a ton of people before. Just as an add to the scene the airplane came in and lit everything on fire. I went from:

"boring opening scene with people walking" :meh: 

to "people just falling over in the street...." :unsure:

to "Holy $#!+ a truck just rolled over those people in the street!!!!" :jawdrop:

to "Now there's a plane!!! WTF?! It's the end of the world" :whooo:

After that it was a bit quiet since it's a main character establishment section, and I kept wondering how many of those kids were gonna die. I had the blonde one pegged as dead the moment I saw him. Only noteworthy thing to mention in all that was the vampire noble reminded me of Baron Harkonen from Dune. Is he a pedo interested in little boys? :psyduck:
 Guess it doesn't matter since he's dead now.

Then that final confrontation. I wasn't surprised to see the vampire there, but I had been wondering the whole episode of something epic was going to happen and then I was thinking.... "wait.... don't kill all the little kids! I didn't want the fighting to go like this!!!"

As for that last scene, apparently the virus isn't around anymore since those people were not kids. Also, four years later I'm looking forward to seeing some interesting skills with Yu I'm assuming having been in vampire slaying training.

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#56 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,186 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:58 PM

Only noteworthy thing to mention in all that was the vampire noble reminded me of Baron Harkonen from Dune. Is he a pedo interested in little boys? :psyduck:

Spoiler

ilhd1c.jpg

#57 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:19 AM

That aside, the characters are really great, the heroine is not your typical TSUNDERE, but a combination of kudere and the former. Guren on the other hand is that kind of character you wonder, why the fuck you are not the protagonist.

Now, I said this branchs from SnK, why? Because one, it didn't take 50ish chapters to make the plot not black and white, this is not HUMANS GOOD, DEH VAMPIRES EVUL. author has made it clear that both sides can be equally good to equally evil, for gods sake, he has hinted Humans are worse than vampires.

While there is comedic value, I also do not understand their appeal. To quote Sket Dance:

"What's so good about tsunderes?!  If they actually exist, I bet they'll be one heck of an irritating person."

http://bato.to/read/...rinity-bakuma/2

And to be fair, early on in SnK there is already the vibe that not all humans are good. They are all already stuck inside the Walls, yet conflict of interests still exists among them.

It was forecasted that should the worst come to be, chances are humans will be the ones to end each other instead of the Titans.

Also, that comparison is fundamentally flawed on the basis that most Titans we see in the series are mindless, no conscience whatsoever.

So, knowing barely anything about the series, I watched Episode 1.  It certainly wasn't explosive, and I saw the lone survivor outcome approaching.

But I'll watch a bit longer.

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#58 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:36 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#59 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,186 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:48 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

ilhd1c.jpg

#60 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:35 AM

While there is comedic value, I also do not understand their appeal. To quote Sket Dance:
"What's so good about tsunderes?! If they actually exist, I bet they'll be one heck of an irritating person."
http://bato.to/read/...rinity-bakuma/2

And to be fair, early on in SnK there is already the vibe that not all humans are good. They are all already stuck inside the Walls, yet conflict of interests still exists among them.
It was forecasted that should the worst come to be, chances are humans will be the ones to end each other instead of the Titans.
Also, that comparison is fundamentally flawed on the basis that most Titans we see in the series are mindless, no conscience whatsoever.

So, knowing barely anything about the series, I watched Episode 1. It certainly wasn't explosive, and I saw the lone survivor outcome approaching.
But I'll watch a bit longer.

Tsunderes are sometimes decent, the issue is that the archetype is overused as hell. This is why heroines like Shinoa, Benio or Morgiana (Magi) are a refreshing change.

Yes, but the theme of SnK until around 40~ always went around hunting titans and the thing to block the Wall Maria, the setup for the royalty being this messed up happened until just now. I am not saying SnK had a 'All Humans good', (that guy who almost shot Armin when Eren was revealed to be a titan is a example), but the plot didn't go around it, in OnS, we are constantly in the 2 perspectives.

Series start to pick up after they all get the Demon Series, so stick with it a little longer!.

Actually @FrostyMouse

Spoiler

Edited by Insane Soul, 05 April 2015 - 07:39 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users