#41 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

I wonder if in the original timeline, the Earth (and its population) dies. Then Anne Hathaway "raises" the embryos. The descendants of the embryos become advanced enough to create the Tesseract. And finally create the wormhole allowing us to alter our timeline so that both lines of humanity survive. :shrug:

I dont know about that. I think that the 5D humans descended from the original humans, not the embryos.

By the time the 5D humans came to exist, it wouldnt matter who were their ancestors anymore. But trying and actually altering that could be catastrophic, and really it woudnt change a thing. I mean, the Tessaract was build specifically for Cooper, so that he could find Murph and send her the message. The 5D humans already knew that it would be like this, so that means it should have already happened, because they can percieve time as a physical dimension, and such are aware of how everything came to be.

As such, The Tessaract was build by the 5D humans to gurantee their existance, which means that they had to have been originated from the original humans. Theres no point in ensuring plan A if they came from plan B.

Its funny how some people call this incredibly original and creative ending "stupid". It was easily the second best part of the movie for me, the first being Dr Mann subplot.
  • Raiden likes this

Posted Image

#42 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

I dont know about that. I think that the 5D humans descended from the original humans, not the embryos.

By the time the 5D humans came to exist, it wouldnt matter who were their ancestors anymore. But trying and actually altering that could be catastrophic, and really it woudnt change a thing. I mean, the Tessaract was build specifically for Cooper, so that he could find Murph and send her the message. The 5D humans already knew that it would be like this, so that means it should have already happened, because they can percieve time as a physical dimension, and such are aware of how everything came to be.

As such, The Tessaract was build by the 5D humans to gurantee their existance, which means that they had to have been originated from the original humans. Theres no point in ensuring plan A if they came from plan B.

Its funny how some people call this incredibly original and creative ending "stupid". It was easily the second best part of the movie for me, the first being Dr Mann subplot.

Now I have to rewatch it. Dangit. I guess I'll be buying the HD version on Amazon :shakefist: This is why I hate time travel movies. I can never wrap my head fully around them.

The reason I say that the embryo humans must have done it, is because there had to be a time (or timeline) where the wormhole doesn't exist. It's artificial and someone in the future had to put it in the past.

In short, if the original humans were about to die out, then who could have put that wormhole and Tesseract there? It seems to me it had to be someone else :shrug:
  • waleuska and Doan like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#43 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

Yes this is why that movie have a paradox. Now do the future humans go back and time to send the wormhole.  The only reason the humans do not die on earth is because of the wormhole artificial humans or regular human.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#44 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Yes this is why that movie have a paradox. Now do the future humans go back and time to send the wormhole.  The only reason the humans do not die on earth is because of the wormhole artificial humans or regular human.

well but that is nothing new. EVERY time travel movie has exactly this same paradox, so just ignore that and everything is fine ;) (this paradox is also the reason why time travel will stay fiction forever^^)

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#45 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

well but that is nothing new. EVERY time travel movie has exactly this same paradox, so just ignore that and everything is fine ;) (this paradox is also the reason why time travel will stay fiction forever^^)

time travel can be possible it is just that paradoxes are not. Also it depends on different time travel theories.

Edited by waleuska, 06 April 2015 - 07:02 PM.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#46 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:52 AM

Now I have to rewatch it. Dangit. I guess I'll be buying the HD version on Amazon :shakefist: This is why I hate time travel movies. I can never wrap my head fully around them.

The reason I say that the embryo humans must have done it, is because there had to be a time (or timeline) where the wormhole doesn't exist. It's artificial and someone in the future had to put it in the past.

In short, if the original humans were about to die out, then who could have put that wormhole and Tesseract there? It seems to me it had to be someone else :shrug:

Its a paradox made possible by the 5D humans, basically.

Thats how i see it at least.

Theres no reason to ignore the paradox because its not really a plot hole or anything. If anything, its an essential part of the plot itself, because it explains the 5D humans. Paradoxes arent really impossible, they just go agaisnt normal logic, which is not something unique to it. There are tons of shit in quantum physics that are explained by paradoxes.

Posted Image

#47 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

Its a paradox made possible by the 5D humans, basically.

Thats how i see it at least.

Theres no reason to ignore the paradox because its not really a plot hole or anything. If anything, its an essential part of the plot itself, because it explains the 5D humans. Paradoxes arent really impossible, they just go agaisnt normal logic, which is not something unique to it. There are tons of shit in quantum physics that are explained by paradoxes.

Can we stop saying "5D humans" as if it's fact? It's not even fact within the movie so there doesn't necessarily even have to be a paradox.

HQeVEdo.png?3

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#48 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

Can we stop saying "5D humans" as if it's fact? It's not even fact within the movie so there doesn't necessarily even have to be a paradox.

But its the only real thing that can both build the tessaract and understand human emotions. Cooper only found his doughter because of the strong love he felt for her, which allowed him to use the tessaract. 

Posted Image

#49 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

But its the only real thing that can both build the tessaract and understand human emotions. Cooper only found his doughter because of the strong love he felt for her, which allowed him to use the tessaract. 

What about benevolent extra terrestrials, why is the first and only theory hyper advanced transcendent humans? Imo aliens are more real than hyper advanced transcendent humans and they're as good a theory if not better. Even if they didn't "understand human emotions" if they were advance enough, as they would seem to be, perhaps they could measure and quantify love if it is indeed some scientific force as Anne Hathaway wants us to consider.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 07 April 2015 - 12:29 PM.

• waleuska and FongShwei69 like this

HQeVEdo.png?3

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#50 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

What about benevolent extra terrestrials, why is the first and only theory hyper advanced transcendent humans? Imo aliens are more real than hyper advanced transcendent humans and they're as good a theory if not better. Even if they didn't "understand human emotions" if they were advance enough, as they would seem to be, perhaps they could measure and quantify love if it is indeed some scientific force as Anne Hathaway wants us to consider.

Theres absolutely no reason that aliens would build a tessaract for Cooper. 5D humans need Cooper to communicate with Murph to survive.

And Annes characters wasnt trying to quantify love, she was trying to express that a human would cross any barriers for love, no matter how impossible it might seem. Cooper proves her right by using his love to save humanity. That was the point of her speech, which by the way was puposedly contrived and cheesy, as no one bought it.

Then, theres Dr Mann, who goes on and on about how love is a survival mechanism, because it makes you not give up. Well, coopers love allowed for the whole of mankind to survive, so again, love is a central theme of how the tessaract works.

Basically, the tessaract functions like a human, it can only have been designed by one. It was designed specifically for Cooper to save humanity. Now, why the hell would Aliens want to save humanity? They have nothing to lose, they dont have love. The 5D humans do know about love and it was this love that allowed them to build the tessaract to save themselves. It fits with the overall theme of the movie.

Posted Image

#51 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

Theres absolutely no reason that aliens would build a tessaract for Cooper. 5D humans need Cooper to communicate with Murph to survive.

And Annes characters wasnt trying to quantify love, she was trying to express that a human would cross any barriers for love, no matter how impossible it might seem. Cooper proves her right by using his love to save humanity. That was the point of her speech, which by the way was puposedly contrived and cheesy, as no one bought it.

Then, theres Dr Mann, who goes on and on about how love is a survival mechanism, because it makes you not give up. Well, coopers love allowed for the whole of mankind to survive, so again, love is a central theme of how the tessaract works.

Basically, the tessaract functions like a human, it can only have been designed by one. It was designed specifically for Cooper to save humanity. Now, why the hell would Aliens want to save humanity? They have nothing to lose, they dont have love. The 5D humans do know about love and it was this love that allowed them to build the tessaract to save themselves. It fits with the overall theme of the movie.

So the theory is true because it fits the theme of the movie? No matter how you slice it, it's all theory and speculation within and outside of the movie, I'm done since this is a pointless & endless subject.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 07 April 2015 - 02:42 PM.

HQeVEdo.png?3

#52 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:50 PM

but it also creates a paradox. Without the future humans the present humans go extinct. Urek Mazino theory fixes this paradox.

Hell the aliens might help the humans just because they want to. Also cooper thing is a paradox as well. Stupid movie and it paradoxes.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#53 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

Can we please get over this subject already? It truly doesn't matter in the end, it's all theory and speculation anyway. If @ryuzaki07 wants to interpret the movie his way and it helps him love and enjoy it more then more power to him. I'm pretty happy with my loose view of the movie and I thoroughly enjoyed the audiovisual experience, the story and sci-fact was also quite nice with a couple of hiccups.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 07 April 2015 - 02:57 PM.

HQeVEdo.png?3

#54 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

There's no need for it, true. However, humans have been communicating with space for decades. TARS and CASE have TBs of info about humans. Aliens in this case could have ran across them, been benevolent, and saved us from an immature extinction. :shrug:

In short, it's a possibility.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#55 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

Constantine

Decided to give this a re watch  and as usual I never get bored with  this film,not sure how accurate Keanu's   character is compared to the comics and honestly don't care.What I like most about this film is the ending,it was not a straightforward case of hero beats villain,Peter Stomare role as Lucifer even with his limited  screen time  was enjoyable.This  a  movie where I think the reviewers got wrong .

Edited by Professor, 07 April 2015 - 05:39 PM.

• DarkNemesis, Acidrain, Raiden and 1 other like this

#56 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:25 AM

I do not agree with amny titles but pretty good compilation of the 100 best films of the decade so far

Part 2

qhz8b56l.png

#57 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,501 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:45 AM

I do not agree with amny titles but pretty good compilation of the 100 best films of the decade so far

Part 2

What's your own top10?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#58 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

Constantine

Decided to give this a re watch  and as usual I never get bored with  this film,not sure how accurate Keanu's   character is compared to the comics and honestly don't care.What I like most about this film is the ending,it was not a straightforward case of hero beats villain,Peter Stomare role as Lucifer even with his limited  screen time  was enjoyable.This  a  movie where I think the reviewers got wrong .

It's not really accurate in the sense of what the character looks like or his mannerisms, but it did capture that Constantine isn't a whiter than white hero fairly well. It's one of the roles where Keanu does genuinely well in particularly if you ignore whether or not it's an accurate representation of the comics.

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

Number 2

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

#59 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

but it also creates a paradox. Without the future humans the present humans go extinct. Urek Mazino theory fixes this paradox.

Hell the aliens might help the humans just because they want to. Also cooper thing is a paradox as well. Stupid movie and it paradoxes.

Why does the paradox needs to be fixed? Paradoxes arent impossible. 

Posted Image

#60 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

It's not really accurate in the sense of what the character looks like or his mannerisms, but it did capture that Constantine isn't a whiter than white hero fairly well. It's one of the roles where Keanu does genuinely well in particularly if you ignore whether or not it's an accurate representation of the comics.

Since Constantine is DC, who would want to see him recast in that role in a DCU Constantine movie? Or do you think that role should be given to someone else? Personally, I'd be happy if Keanu played Constantine again, officially.
  • Raiden likes this

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users