Photo

[Character] Trafalgar D. Water Law (Part 9)

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#1 Sauron

Sauron

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

surgeon_of_death_trafalgar_law_by_ambere

Part 8 (Page 20):

Red hawk is supposed to burn people. What the hell happened to it?

@Fulmine

It was never shown to be roughly equal. Individuals took on that interpretation for the sole purpose of it fitting the theme Smoker is equal to Luffy as is Law... Or Smoker being their favorite character.

Even after Smoker handed the torch to Law vividly implying that he knew Law was stronger and more capable of beatin Vergo. People still argued. And I could go on and on about after reveals on reveals they still argued.

How?

He was trying to pay back the favor Law did to him...

Oh man, i kind of gave up back then since it got really dumb but you know how it is, people already enter discussions with a closed mind

great.

low diff.

agree

@bolded

To bad odas effort to make you like law did not work on you... though it worked on most of Japanese OP fans.... evidence is law defeated zoro in no.2 place..

I feel sorry for you..

Edited by Sauron, 02 April 2015 - 03:21 PM.

• Petite Fleur likes this

#2 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

To bad odas effort to make you like law  did not work on you... though it worked on most of Japanese OP fans.... evidence is law defeated zoro in no.2 place..

I feel sorry for you..

LoL #Tell #Em

How have you liked Law's portrayal so far? Did you think he was going to do anything significant again or were you surprised that he dealt with Trebol this chapter?

Also how do you feel about Law cutting Bird Cage with his Room Slash once Mansherry heals him before it fully encloses on everybody?

2pyaix0.jpg

#3 Sauron

Sauron

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:37 PM

I forgot the character prefix for the title. :shakefist: Hopefully one of the mods can add that later on.

Anyway, Law's Ope Ope will make his CoO overpowered. He can perform an MRI or fMRI on people with scan: this will help him to literally see the anatomical structures of a person's body and the damage he has done to them; he can more than just infer their next moves from the blood flow around a person's body. Considering every ability Law has shown us and max potential of those abilities, Law's DF is in the top 5 in OP.

Edited by Sauron, 02 April 2015 - 03:38 PM.

• Sloan likes this

#4 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

I forgot the character prefix for the title. :shakefist: Hopefully one of the mods can add that later on.

You should be able to add it if you use the full editor.

#5 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

About Law's Sterben attack in this chapter; Unless he invented this technique on the spot just for this situation, he probably uses his separation ability to safely remove his arm to execute this technique. Though I don't see why he couldn't just do it with the sword alone. Maybe Oda had him do it with his severed arm attached for dramatic effect?

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#6 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

You can change it if you go into the full editor.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#7 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

About Law's Sterben attack in this chapter; Unless he invented this technique on the spot just for this situation, he probably uses his separation ability to safely remove his arm to execute this technique. Though I don't see why he couldn't just do it with the sword alone. Maybe Oda had him do it with his severed arm attached for dramatic effect?

I don't see why needs to remove his arm. If it's based on Tact, Law should be able to do it with his sword alone.

#8 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

I don't see why needs to remove his arm. If it's based on Tact, Law should be able to do it with his sword alone.

That's what I just said...

• Tale likes this

#9 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

That's what I just said...

Totally failed to process the fourth sentence.

#10 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

Totally failed to process the fourth sentence.

It's okay, because you made me think of a reason why in a different situation that he would detach his arm to do this technique. Somehow I doubt that Law can imbue his severed arm and sword with haki over a distance through the air. If he could just send haki through the air, characters would be doing haki beam attacks by now and that would be stupid. But if his arm is still connected to his life force and will, it could still probably manifest haki without being attached physically. Something I don't see as possible with his "dead" arm. But perhaps he used the dead arm in the technique even though it wasn't necessary because that is how he is used to doing it from previous uses of the technique.

• zetruz and Tale like this

#11 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

If he could just send haki through the air, characters would be doing haki beam attacks by now and that would be stupid

Zoro's already done ranged haki strikes.

But if his arm is still connected to his life force and will, it could still probably manifest haki without being attached physically.

Or just be connected to his DF, inside his Room.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#12 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:19 PM

There needs to be something Buggy's fruit has ahead of Law's. Otherwise, it'd be somewhat pointless in its existence.

#13 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

There needs to be something Buggy's fruit has ahead of Law's. Otherwise, it'd be somewhat pointless in its existence.

One point is that it doesn't suck up stamina. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#14 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Zoro's already done ranged haki strikes.

True, but channeling haki through a air slash is a little different than this situation

Or just be connected to his DF, inside his Room.

I guess that's possible, but I'd like to believe that imbuing objects with significant amounts of haki from a distance is beyond Law's already crazy powers. If he can do that, he could just disrupt a devil fruit user's powers without even touching them. The possibilities are frightening, stupid, and boringly overpowered.

But before I get into another conversation like I had with Sloan earlier, I'll go ahead and bow out now. We are about to go too far into never gonna be seen in the manga hypotheticals that I'm not fond of :^_^:

• Petite Fleur and Sloan like this

#15 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

That isn't exactly an ability though.

#16 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:31 PM

Allegedly.

True, but channeling haki through a air slash is a little different than this situation

To a degree, but that depends on how Oda defines that line, not you or I.

There needs to be something Buggy's fruit has ahead of Law's. Otherwise, it'd be somewhat pointless in its existence.

Not exactly. Putting aside everything that's happened with it in the story and just talking about the fruit by itself, I don't think it's pointless. Overlapping, sure, but not pointless. It's mostly, probably, just punctuated by the fact that Law's fruit came second - years and years later.

I guess that's possible, but I'd like to believe that imbuing objects with significant amounts of haki from a distance is beyond Law's already crazy powers. If he can do that, he could just disrupt a devil fruit user's powers without even touching them. The possibilities are frightening, stupid, and boringly overpowered.

I doubt he could do anything of significant scale without significant loss. Law's fruit, like all fruits, is capable of some pretty crazy hax. Law is closer to realizing this hax than most others, but he's still pretty far from it.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#17 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

That isn't exactly an ability though.

I guess the other ability Buggy has is the fact that he can willingly split up his body parts with ease. Law cannot split up his arm without actually cutting it with his ability. 

Buggy has the ability to do it with ease.

So I guess what I'm getting at is convenience, which is still not an ability I guess. 

Allegedly.

Well Law is only able to activate his ability with a room. That room sucks up stamina and has been explicitly stated by Law. 

Buggy's ability, like any DF ability, can be used without a "set up" and that's why I think Oda had Law specifically say that his ability sucks up stamina. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#18 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:36 PM

Well Law is only able to activate his ability with a room. That room sucks up stamina and has been explicitly stated by Law.

Buggy's ability, like any DF ability, can be used without a "set up" and that's why I think Oda had Law specifically say that his ability sucks up stamina.

I like the "everyone uses stamina" theory. 3:

• MattC302 and Sloan like this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#19 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

Hmm...I don't see how Buggy's fruit is pointless. First off, I think Buggy's fruit is always active and he doesn't have to be paying attention to split apart when attacked by blades. And for Law's power to achieve the same thing when someone else isn't cutting him, he would have to cut his individual parts, which seems slower than Buggy just splitting on command. Also, IIRC Law has been attacked by Doffy's sharp strings and he either didn't think to, didn't think it would benefit, or couldn't allow the strings to go right through him and split him like Buggy.

Also, I think depending on the user of Buggy's fruit and the strength of their mental control over their individual parts, they may be able to overcome the Op Op user's mental control over objects in their Room with Tact. So it is possible that a strong user of the Bara Bara no Mi could render the separating and Tact abilities of a weak user of the Op Op no Mi user almost completely useless.

Yeah, I've always just assumed that all devil fruit abilities use some sort of stamina/energy/effort/concentration. It's like a law of nature or something. Ceasar said he uses up stamina too and he has a completely different ability than Law. Though I also kind of assume that in most on screen fights, the devil fruit users body will give way from running around and punching and what not before they run out of "devil fruit juice" and can't make any more magma/ice/fire/glue etc, so that's why it has never come into play before Law's "Punk Hazard/Dressrosa Haxxor Marathon of Doom".

• Petite Fleur likes this

#20 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

But Luffy's never been stingy when it comes to using his ability. G2 and G3 - yes, because they are advanced techs.

Law didn't want to waste his energy with the fighting fish because he would be using room. 

Edited by eemo23, 02 April 2015 - 04:43 PM.

s7218980.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users