Photo

[Character] Trafalgar D. Water Law (Part 9)

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#21 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

But Luffy's never been stingy when it comes to using his ability. G2 and G3 - yes, because they are advanced techs.

He also eats a ridic amount of food, it's likely his stamina is boundless compared to others because he lived his life this way. 3:

• Sauron likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#22 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:46 PM

He also eats a ridic amount of food, it's likely his stamina is boundless compared to others because he lived his life this way. 3:

Okay 3:

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#23 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

But Luffy's never been stingy when it comes to using his ability.

Luffy's ability is always active. It is just his rubber body. So just moving his body normally uses stamina. He doesn't have to turn into rubber or create rubber. The energy/stamina he uses to stretch is the amount of energy it takes to swing his arm back and whip it forward, or the amount of energy it takes it inflate a limb with his breath. He's not stingy with his stamina because he has a whole damn lot of it and normally his fights are do or die and saving too much stamina won't do any good if he's dead. Plus he can just eat a lot afterward and take a nap and he is good as new :lol:

Edited by MattC302, 02 April 2015 - 04:51 PM.

• Petite Fleur likes this

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#24 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Luffy's ability is always active. It is just his rubber body. So just moving his body normally uses stamina. He doesn't have to turn into rubber or create rubber. The energy/stamina he uses to stretch is the amount of energy it takes to swing his arm back and whip it forward, or the amount of energy it takes it inflate a limb with his breath. He's not stingy with his stamina because he has a whole damn lot of it and normally his fights are do or die and saving too much stamina won't do any good if he's dead. Plus he can just eat a lot afterward and take a nap and he is good as new :lol:

I don't see Chopper eating a ton. His very existence as "Chopper" is because of his fruit - So by your logic, he should eat a ton of food almost like Luffy just to maintain his stamina levels. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#25 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:57 PM

I don't see Chopper eating a ton. His very existence as "Chopper" is because of his fruit - So by your logic, he should eat a ton of food almost like Luffy just to maintain his stamina levels. 

He just uses his stamina drugs. Like that "Rumble Ball" he ate after the time skip that was actually just crack.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#26 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

What? No, that's not what I meant at all. Luffy doesn't have to constantly eat to maintain his stamina. His fruit changed his body to rubber, and it doesn't use any stamina/energy if he is just sitting there(beyond the base metabolic rate). Chopper ate his fruit and was given human intelligence. He only uses extra stamina when he changes forms and fights.

#27 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

He just uses his stamina drugs. Like that "Rumble Ball" he ate after the time skip that was actually just crack.

1) Those were never stated to be stamina drugs - They helped him transform. 

2) He doesn't use them anymore, and it's not like he eats as much as Luffy, so therefore the point stands that his fruit doesn't suck stamina. 

3) Never has he said that he needs food to restore energy like Franky needs cola. 

s7218980.jpg

#28 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

1) Those were never stated to be stamina drugs - They helped him transform.

I know, I'm joking.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#29 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

What? No, that's not what I meant at all. Luffy doesn't have to constantly eat to maintain his stamina. His fruit changed his body to rubber, and it doesn't use any stamina/energy if he is just sitting there(beyond the base metabolic rate). Chopper ate his fruit and was given human intelligence. He only uses extra stamina when he changes forms and fights.

But you said, "Just moving his body normally uses stamina"

Chopper's fruit "humanized' him. His very form is because of his devil fruit. Without that fruit, he would not have that form.

Meaning - If Luffy just moving normally uses stamina, Chopper just moving normally uses stamina too. 

I don't see the difference or maybe I'm not understanding what you're getting at.

I know, I'm joking.

Okay 3:

Edited by eemo23, 02 April 2015 - 05:06 PM.

s7218980.jpg

#30 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

Chopper's fruit "humanized' him. His very form is because of his devil fruit. Without that fruit, he would not have that form.

Meaning - If Luffy just moving normally uses stamina, Chopper just moving normally uses stamina too. 

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're getting at.

Okay 3:

Yes, because that is how stamina is used for literally everyone. Go run around your house 3 times. Are you tired? Breathing heavy? Did you burn some calories? Then you used some stamina just like Luffy and Chopper do when they move.

• Petite Fleur likes this

#31 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

Meaning - If Luffy just moving normally uses stamina, Chopper just moving normally uses stamina too.

I don't see the difference or maybe I'm not understanding what you're getting at.

Because that's how real life works. Like Matt said, everyone including you, him and I use stamina by doing everything. Blink? That's stamina used. Talk? Stamina. Chopper doesn't have to produce anything, just change form. Unlike logias or Para-fruits like Law's, Chopper and Luffy aren't creating anything externally. Their stamina use would be the same as their stamina use pre-fruit, and using it all up wouldn't prevent them from having passively active devil fruits.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#32 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

It's okay, because you made me think of a reason why in a different situation that he would detach his arm to do this technique. Somehow I doubt that Law can imbue his severed arm and sword with haki over a distance through the air. If he could just send haki through the air, characters would be doing haki beam attacks by now and that would be stupid. But if his arm is still connected to his life force and will, it could still probably manifest haki without being attached physically. Something I don't see as possible with his "dead" arm. But perhaps he used the dead arm in the technique even though it wasn't necessary because that is how he is used to doing it from previous uses of the technique.

His hand was gripping the sword so when he used Tact on the blade the arm came with it? Iunno.

I like the "everyone uses stamina" theory. 3:

Yeah, I've always just assumed that all devil fruit abilities use some sort of stamina/energy/effort/concentration. It's like a law of nature or something. Ceasar said he uses up stamina too and he has a completely different ability than Law. Though I also kind of assume that in most on screen fights, the devil fruit users body will give way from running around and punching and what not before they run out of "devil fruit juice" and can't make any more magma/ice/fire/glue etc, so that's why it has never come into play before Law's "Punk Hazard/Dressrosa Haxxor Marathon of Doom".

lol I clearly remember the day that chapter came out and remember when I was catching up with the Chapter thread before I posted and seen everyone all "Oh so that's how it works!" I thought to myself "Da fck isn't that how everyone thought it worked?".

2pyaix0.jpg

#33 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

Yes, because that is how stamina is used for literally everyone. Go run around your house 3 times. Are you tired? Breathing heavy? Did you burn some calories? Then you used some stamina just like Luffy and Chopper do when they move.

Let me ask you this - Do you think Luffy is losing more stamina by walking the same amount of steps as, say Nami, because his ability is constantly active?

Or else, what you're saying is simply common sense, and then the original idea Petite brought up, "Everyone DF ability takes up stamina" is nothing new but rather obvious.

This is, in contrast, to Law - who specifically said that his DF ability uses stamina - so much so that he didn't want to use even a little bit to take down a fighting fish.

Would Luffy say no to punching a fighting fish - Gear 2 or 3 would not be necessary IMO - because his ability took up stamina? No. 

Maintaining room of such a huge size to launch Gamma Knife sucked up his life - Law's room sucks up stamina per second, more so than just sitting down or standing. Luffy's rubber body does not suck up his stamina at that level - Only gear 2 does.

Hopefully I've made my point. 

Edited by eemo23, 02 April 2015 - 05:16 PM.

s7218980.jpg

#34 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

Let me ask you this - Do you think Luffy is losing more stamina by walking the same amount of steps as, say Nami, because his ability is constantly active?

Nupe.

Or else, what you're saying is simply common sense, and then the original idea Petite brought up, "Everyone DF ability takes up stamina" is nothing new but rather obvious.

Obviously, but remember that this extends to people like Kuzan as well.

Hopefully I've made my point.

I don't even know what it is.

This is, in contrast, to Law - who specifically said that his DF ability uses stamina

So did Caesar.

• eemo23 likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#35 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

lol I clearly remember the day that chapter came out and remember when I was catching up with the Chapter thread before I posted and seen everyone all "Oh so that's how it works!" I thought to myself "Da fck isn't that how everyone thought it worked?".

It actually really bothers me that I am part of the minority that thought this was a given and didn't need to be stated. Like, even though One Piece is a wacky fantasy, it makes no sense to me that Akainu would be able to make limitless amounts of magma forever and ever without getting at least a little tired. Or like how Caesar was flying them across the broken bridge, it wouldn't make sense if he could levitate indefinitely with no effort whatsoever and circumnavigate the globe an infinite amount of times without touching the ground. But like I said, most of the time, the characters are going to get beat up and knocked out before this comes into play. And I think what confuses people and makes them thing it only applies to certain devil fruits is that Oda never said anything specifically until Law and Caesar, but I think the fact that Law and Caesar have two very different devil fruits just proves that it's true.

Let me ask you this - Do you think Luffy is losing more stamina by walking the same amount of steps as, say Nami, because his ability is constantly active?

No, and let me clarify. It isn't constantly active in that Luffy is constantly concentrating to stay in rubber form. He ate the fruit and his body turned to rubber, and that's it. It takes no effort to stay in rubber form anymore.

the original idea Petite brought up, "Everyone DF ability takes up stamina" is nothing new but rather obvious.

It's obvious to me and Petite, but it seems to me that the common way of thinking on this forum is that this is a new thing specific to Law(And Caesar).

Maintaining room of such a huge size to launch Gamma Knife sucked up his life - Law's room sucks up stamina per second, more so than just sitting down or standing. Luffy's rubber body does not suck up his stamina at that level - Only gear 2 does.

I think you are taking the statement "everyone's devil fruit takes up stamina" absurdly literally. Luffy's devil fruit power is his rubber body. To use his power, he has to move his body, using stamina like a normal person. Someone like Law has to concentrate, create a Room and teleport stuff around, and that is how he uses stamina. A logia like Caesar creates an element, and that is how they use stamina. Luffy just laying in bed is like him not using his power at all. Luffy running around, stretching, inflating and what not in equivalent to other characters activating their powers, creating a substance or acting upon something else with their power.

• Petite Fleur, eemo23 and Sloan like this

#36 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

@Petite Fleur @MattC302 - I see, I understand now. 

I thought you were saying that Luffy's basic existence as a rubber man was sucking more stamina than any other person, hence my statement:

Let me ask you this - Do you think Luffy is losing more stamina by walking the same amount of steps as, say Nami, because his ability is constantly active?

But, if what you're saying is that their attacks take energy like Luffy punching or Aokiji producing ice, then yes, of course I agree, hence my statement:

Or else, what you're saying is simply common sense, and then the original idea Petite brought up, "Everyone's DF ability takes up stamina" is nothing new but rather obvious.

Lol couldn't stop laughing here: "It really is pointless Strawhat-ya... Fighting against that papier-mache ****head is futile. I detested most the fact that fact that if I sat on the heart seat, I would have been lumped in with buffoons like that guy!"

:lolxg: 

Of course, the biggest problem with joining the Donquixote family is having to deal with ****heads like Trebol. :lolxg:

s7218980.jpg

#37 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,035 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:23 PM

Lmfao. Smoker could have won and return the heart. Smoker was out classed by a Vergo who wasn't using his full strength.

Match-up?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#38 Danny

Danny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:43 AM

His hand was gripping the sword so when he used Tact on the blade the arm came with it? Iunno.

http://www.mangapand...one-piece/769/9

It wasn't when it was cut off, so it's just weird that it held onto the blade during the latest chapter. Law has been using tact on non-living objects for a while, so it wouldn't be inconsistent. 

Still, it was pretty damn funny imo. 

• Sloan likes this

#39 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:54 AM

wait... then does zoro literally burn alchohol for stamina fuel?

Edited by retroluffy13, 03 April 2015 - 08:55 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#40 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

Its possible that Law implied that he too has CotC like Luffy with this statement 

http://www.mangastre...783-page-3.html

seems like similar reaction Ace had when he first witnessed Luffy use CotC in MF, with him saying " You too" as well. 

http://www.mangastre...570-page-3.html

Would not be surprising considering Law's status as a Supernova captain and a D.

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 03 April 2015 - 04:38 PM.

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users