Photo

[Character] Trafalgar D. Water Law (Part 9)

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#61 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:59 AM

He didn't use Radio Knife to take out Trebol. That was Death Blade.

oh right. he totally used his bum arm to cut trebol this chapter didn't he? wow my memory is selective.

so then, how come gama knife hurt doffy enough to make him bleed in scream and pain, but trebol didn't get any of that? seems weird. any theory?

Edited by retroluffy13, 04 April 2015 - 08:59 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#62 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:23 AM

oh right. he totally used his bum arm to cut trebol this chapter didn't he? wow my memory is selective.

so then, how come gama knife hurt doffy enough to make him bleed in scream and pain, but trebol didn't get any of that? seems weird. any theory?

The attack on Trebol was Radio knife: cuts like a derpslice, without blood, but doesnt hurt.

The attack on Doffy was Gamma Knife: doesnt cut the outside (theres no cut seen), but destroys the inside organs instead.

(They are quite the opposite now that I explained them together :P )

Edited: Radio knife uses Law's real sword, while Gamma knife uses an energy-like sword created by Law when performing the attack.

Edited by Madara D Dragon, 04 April 2015 - 09:24 AM.

• Petite Fleur, eemo23 and Tale like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#63 Surgeon of Death

Surgeon of Death

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationIn My Room

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

LoL #Tell #Em

How have you liked Law's portrayal so far? Did you think he was going to do anything significant again or were you surprised that he dealt with Trebol this chapter?

Also how do you feel about Law cutting Bird Cage with his Room Slash once Mansherry heals him before it fully encloses on everybody?

Honestly I didnt expect law to still have the strength or stamina to maintain that huge room and use gamma knife on DD and use his severed arm to take out garbage trebol.

I was expecting law be down fo good the moment DD hit him with those gunshots. 

Kinda dissapointed that luffy is not fighting a 100% DD...

Im not even expecting law cutting that bird cage when luffy defeats DD and make DD unconscious or kill DD that bird cage will just disappear... a little prediction on my part..

Lastly i dont want that dwarf healing law's arm or law replacing his armm in terms of character design i law a one arm law...  

It's okay, because you made me think of a reason why in a different situation that he would detach his arm to do this technique. Somehow I doubt that Law can imbue his severed arm and sword with haki over a distance through the air. If he could just send haki through the air, characters would be doing haki beam attacks by now and that would be stupid. But if his arm is still connected to his life force and will, it could still probably manifest haki without being attached physically. Something I don't see as possible with his "dead" arm. But perhaps he used the dead arm in the technique even though it wasn't necessary because that is how he is used to doing it from previous uses of the technique.

@bolded i wouldn't call that arm DEAD its clear that law has still control with that hand as we saw that severed arm is holding or gripping that sword. 

• Sauron and Sloan like this

Favorite Characters

1. Law-Sabo   2. Kid  3. Fujitora  4.Luffy

#64 Synergy

Synergy

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:59 AM

Kinda dissapointed that luffy is not fighting a 100% DD...

Well Luffy is also not on 100% you know? He have the Collosseum Fights and Bellamy fight on his way to this fight.

The unbreakable Law, the man who cannot die until chapter 2048

Next nakama

Spoiler

#65 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,177 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

Well Luffy is also not on 100% you know? He have the Collosseum Fights and Bellamy fight on his way to this fight.

The Coloseum does not count since he has long break to rest and eat Rebecca's lunch box to replenish. Only Bellamy and DD (and maybe the running, haha) count.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#66 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,177 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

so I thought I should share it  :D

in relationship thread?

#67 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

in relationship thread?

:banghead:  You're right, sorry, i didn't even remember that existed :shakefist:

#68 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

The Coloseum does not count since he has long break to rest and eat Rebecca's lunch box to replenish. Only Bellamy and DD (and maybe the running, haha) count.

It's weird how everyone always complains that Luffy hasn't been able to test himself and hate all the weak people he's fighting but than can't fathom at the idea that DD is stronger than Luffy. smh

2pyaix0.jpg

#69 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:07 AM

To compensate my error, here I have a corious theory I found in tumlr in kagehime3's page:

He analizes this situation

Spoiler

And explains here we see Law switching out his body with that of a corpse, but he also makes sure to apologize to the person and promise to restore it to its proper place. Remembered how both Corazon and his friends/family never got buried, and that their corpses were handled callously after they died/were in the process of dying? Law’s fellow countrymen were hauled out of the city on wagons like refuse. Corazon was provided no comfort and even had the chest he was using as a makeshift pillow yanked right beneath his head as he lay dying. 

He adds :"No wonder Law respects the dead so much".

Of course, Law's comment on the corpse may be random, but i think it's an interesting idea  :)

#70 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

It's weird how everyone always complains that Luffy hasn't been able to test himself and hate all the weak people he's fighting but than can't fathom at the idea that DD is stronger than Luffy. smh

I don't think anyone believed even before this arc that Luffy would be stronger than Doflamingo. Basically all Luffy's opponents since he entered the Grand Line have been stronger than him. Saying that Luffy also isn't at 100% is just addressing the disappointment that Doflamingo isn't 100% for the fight by showing that we don't have two fresh fighters on even ground having a fair and honorable duel. Is Doflamingo more injured/fatigued than Luffy? Probably, but in terms of the overall battle for Dressrosa, Doflamingo had his advantages as well. Home turf, tricking Luffy into the Colliseum, Trebol and Pica interfering, Bellamy as a hostage/human shield, etc. A fair and even fight flew out the window ages ago, so there is no reason why Doflamingo and Luffy fans alike shouldn't enjoy this brawl. It should be awesome if Oda keeps going what he started last chapter.

• Sloan, Danny and Tale like this

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#71 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:37 PM

I don't think anyone believed even before this arc that Luffy would be stronger than Doflamingo. Basically all Luffy's opponents since he entered the Grand Line have been stronger than him. Saying that Luffy also isn't at 100% is just addressing the disappointment that Doflamingo isn't 100% for the fight by showing that we don't have two fresh fighters on even ground having a fair and honorable duel. Is Doflamingo more injured/fatigued than Luffy? Probably, but in terms of the overall battle for Dressrosa, Doflamingo had his advantages as well. Home turf, tricking Luffy into the Colliseum, Trebol and Pica interfering, Bellamy as a hostage/human shield, etc. A fair and even fight flew out the window ages ago, so there is no reason why Doflamingo and Luffy fans alike shouldn't enjoy this brawl. It should be awesome if Oda keeps going what he started last chapter.

Oh you don't have to tell me, ya'll ready know how much I've been enjoying this arc, and the last three chapters have been extra enjoyable.
  • MattC302 and Sauron like this

2pyaix0.jpg

#72 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

Most fights have not been "fair", so i don´t know what people are expecting

• MattC302 likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#73 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

Most fights have not been "fair", so i don´t know what people are expecting

OH i hear this a lot.

Please allow me to explain:

"fair" is a term people use when one opponent is thinking more, or just lucky, and is then able to win the fight.

popular examples of this include but are not limited to;

smoker vs law,

CC vs luffy (1st time)

Zoro and sanji vs cold mountain brothers

akainu vs WB (the 1st time, you know, the fight he won)

Marco vs Kizaru

Jozu vs aokiji

Ace vs Akainu

mihawk vs jozu (he blocked the strongest slash in the world!!!!!@!@!##@@##!$$!$!!!! Not fair!!!)

• Fulmine likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#74 superfranky

superfranky

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:25 PM

smoker vs law,

Who would call that fight unfair

• Petite Fleur likes this

#75 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:00 AM

I still don't get what Law means when he says "You knew he couldn't pull the trigger that day". As if Corazon had any real chance to kill/beat DD, his plan also failed because Vergo retrieved his information scroll, so really he had no triggers at all, just sour grapes.

Edited by Sloan, 18 April 2015 - 01:00 AM.

2pyaix0.jpg

#76 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:04 AM

I still don't get what Law means when he says "You knew he couldn't pull the trigger that day". As if Corazon had any real chance to kill/beat DD, his plan also failed because Vergo retrieved his information scroll, so really he had no triggers at all, just sour grapes.

I think it means that Corazon wouldn't kill his brother, no matter what he had done. If the positions had been reversed, and it was DD who was weakened and bleeding, Corazon still didn't have it in him to finish his brother off. Which is where Law is different from Corazon- Law is more than willing to kill DD. Which, as both him and DD have pointed out, makes Law more like DD than he would like.
  • capu likes this

#77 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,177 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:17 AM

mihawk vs jozu (he blocked the strongest slash in the world!!!!!@!@!##@@##!$$!$!!!! Not fair!!!)

Mihawk < Law. I don't know how people are still fixated on it.

Law's World's Strongest Bridge Fighter against DF users. Only Oda can Plot-derp-reduce him into not swapping DD into the ocean...Some say CoA but I don't think it's the case...

#78 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

I think it means that Corazon wouldn't kill his brother, no matter what he had done. If the positions had been reversed, and it was DD who was weakened and bleeding, Corazon still didn't have it in him to finish his brother off. Which is where Law is different from Corazon- Law is more than willing to kill DD. Which, as both him and DD have pointed out, makes Law more like DD than he would like.

His information scroll would've wiped out their entire family, so ya he would've killed DD and the family, thats one "trigger" that Corazon could've pulled to take down DD before Vergo intercepted him, and he definitelt would have pulled that trigger.

The other situation being when DD and his whole family had him surrounded and they both had a gun pointed at each other, he had zero viable triggers their, DD wouldn't die to him pulling that trigger.

It's confusing because the "trigger" Law insinuates about is something Corazon never had. He's speeking with the assumption that Corazon could've actually pulled something off, which still doesn't make much sense to say really, seems like a random tid bit he said to DD to shake him uo or w.e. it wasn't needed.

2pyaix0.jpg

#79 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

His information scroll would've wiped out their entire family, so ya he would've killed DD and the family

There's no guarantee that the Marines would have killed DD and the whole family. The fact that Impel Down is full of heinous criminals is testament to that. They could have captured them alive. And even if they did kill them, it wouldn't be the same as a brother directly killing a brother.

DD wouldn't die to him pulling that trigger.

Whether Corazon had the physical capability of actually killing DD with a gun is not the point at all. Law is saying that Corazon isn't a brother killing sleaze like Doflamingo. That's all. Whether or not Corazon could actually harm DD with a bullet is irrelevant, because him pulling the literal trigger would be a statement that he is willing to personally kill his own brother, which he wasn't.

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#80 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

There's no guarantee that the Marines would have killed DD and the whole family. The fact that Impel Down is full of heinous criminals is testament to that. They could have captured them alive. And even if they did kill them, it wouldn't be the same as a brother directly killing a brother.

Whether Corazon had the physical capability of actually killing DD with a gun is not the point at all. Law is saying that Corazon isn't a brother killing sleaze like Doflamingo. That's all. Whether or not Corazon could actually harm DD with a bullet is irrelevant, because him pulling the literal trigger would be a statement that he is willing to personally kill his own brother, which he wasn't.

I was trying to portray that the information scroll was more credible as a "trigger" than him holding a gun to DD since the former gave heavy implication to severe damage to their family, while the latter is not really much of a real trigger, besides the trigger of the gun.

True, that wasn't portrayed/delivered well is what I'm saying(Corazon not being able to kill his brother). If it was in a situation where he could've actually pulled plugs on DD and he chose not to it would've made Law's statements have more tension in them to me.

Show and tell. The Show was weak.

2pyaix0.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users