#1 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12595 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:30 PM

There has been a lot of low-quality posting, trolling, and overall negativity going on recently. This is a reminder to read the rules and post accordingly. The two rules most often broken are "post intelligently" and "no spamming".

• If your post is just an emoticon, it is spam.
  • If your post is just 'wat' or 'smh', it is spam.
  • If your post is just a reaction image, it is spam.
  • If your post is just greentext (i.e. >), it is spam.
  • If your post is just an inside-joke that has nothing to do with the thread, it is spam.

These are just the most frequent examples that I see and have to hide. We are a tight, close-knit community and that sometimes results in a lot of banter. It is fine up to a point, but you have to realize that it gets in the way of actual discussion. If you are posting about another topic and it's gone on for more than three posts, it's probably time to move the conversation to the appropriate thread.

Now another rule that is often being broken is be respectful. There is no need for name calling or insulting groups of people. If you find a post offensive, report it. Respond, and you will just bring yourself down to that level, and be similarly punished.

Lastly, posting the same criticisms and being overly negative without being open to dialogue is not intelligent posting. It is fine to criticize a series; I do it often, but it's trolling if you just repeat the same thing over and over to everything and everyone. There is healthy criticism and there is being toxic. There's a difference between saying, "Shit chapter," and posting legitimate criticisms, even if they are old and tired, each week.

Take this as a forum-wide warning for everyone. Moderation will be stricter now. And again, report instead of responding.

• MattC302, Relinquisher, Nyanko and 14 others like this

#2 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

This is an initiative I can easily support. GG, DeW and other Mods!

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#3 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2130 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

What of the one line posters who add nothing to the topic i.e @Red Opus

#4 God Mode

God Mode

Dread Wolf

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8572 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:32 AM

Should social groups be moderated by their owners, or should the moderators themselves actively enforce even the offenses that count as spam that you just listed? There's a difference, I think, between someone going "lol" or ">being this new" in a social group and doing those same things in an actual thread.

Obviously actual bullying and harassment should be bannable even in these places, but I think that SGs should be cut a bit more slack on what classifies as content.

"I like the stories where the villain was the man beside you the whole time."

#5 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12595 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:00 AM

Social groups are generally modded by their owners. Obviously you should still be respectful and follow the rules but quality threshold in, say, a Character FC doesn't have to be brilliant.

#6 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationThe Matinée

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:36 PM

May I ask what kind of actions will be taken to correct the behavior in these cases?
I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png
τη καλλίστη | Fallacious | Technical | BBCode Editor

#7 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12595 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

May I ask what kind of actions will be taken to correct the behavior in these cases?

The same actions that are always taken. Infractions, etc. It's just that with this forum-wide announcement it's an informal warning to all to keep their posts in check.

#8 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:16 PM

Are you going to archive all of the old threads?

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#9 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1216 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

Are you going to archive all of the old threads?

That'll be part of the clean-up.  I've been meaning to go through the various forums and move old threads to the archive section.  Just takes some time to organize things and find the duplicates/old ones that need to be taken care of.

• DaEvilWithin and Tale like this

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#10 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1613 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:35 PM

Lastly, posting the same criticisms and being overly negative without being open to dialogue is not intelligent posting.

This is an initiative I can easily support. GG, DeW and other Mods!

Nazi! :domo:  You want RR,Plasma,Shola,Godpachi,Bicep... out of this forum.

ps: all hail the moderators!

• MRIII likes this

#11 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

That'll be part of the clean-up.  I've been meaning to go through the various forums and move old threads to the archive section.  Just takes some time to organize things and find the duplicates/old ones that need to be taken care of.

I posted a list way back when of the threads from the OP section at least that needed to be archived. I could make a new one monday or tuesday if you'd like.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#12 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1216 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

I posted a list way back when of the threads from the OP section at least that needed to be archived. I could make a new one monday or tuesday if you'd like.

If you like, but it's not too necessary.  I just filter on topic title, find the latest thread if there are duplicates/older parts out there, and archive those.  It's actually not too hard, just takes time to scan thread titles is all.

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users