• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#181 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:47 AM

Well, then, that pannel with Luffy (trying to improve his CoO) with his eyes closed seeing Katakuri's silhouette wasn't CoO again, right? It clearly was a new ability he developed at the moment. Or maybe it was CoO, but its nowhere hinting that Ussop's was CoO, because Ussop has a long nose and Luffy doesn't, so its not the same ability...
  • Strobacaxi and Abaroxa like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#182 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:29 AM

Well, then, that pannel with Luffy (trying to improve his CoO) with his eyes closed seeing Katakuri's silhouette wasn't CoO again, right? It clearly was a new ability he developed at the moment. Or maybe it was CoO, but its nowhere hinting that Ussop's was CoO, because Ussop has a long nose and Luffy doesn't, so its not the same ability...

No Usoop can't have CoO because he is ranged, and shoots things, and lies, and is called Usoop :D

The silhouette thing with Fuji was only Oda forgetting having used something like this/similar with Usoop beforehand, damn u Oda ;)

Edited by capu, 09 February 2018 - 05:29 AM.

• Madara D Dragon likes this

#183 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:38 AM

Because they did not know that it was an inner voice! They did not know what was happening to them! They wanted to block the (inner) voice, thinking it to be coming from the outside, thus ear thing!

It can! Zoro! Fuji not walking against every stone in his way that aint hitting his sword! Fuji having steady walk! Fuji hearing/feeling/perceiving the unliving thing called lightning! Fuji using all the rubble (how could he distinguish the rubble from everything else in ur eyes?)!

lol my bottom rant is: some use invis CoA some visible CoA, both r CoA thats a fact, therefore (just as ray-san said this chapter, i mean how can u still deny this? Ray-san said there r different versions of CoO!) there are also different version of CoO.

If it was an eye thing..... like with usopp. Then they surely would of known to close their eyes......but instead they closed their ears..... clear as day.

Let me explain-
Fuji doesnt walk into stones the same way normal blind people dont, you notice the "tap tap" sound
https://3.bp.blogspo...1-597965-13.jpg
He is using his sword as a cane to feel around. This is how normal blind people walk. (Idk how much you know about this subject i would explain it in kore depth but i dont want to waste my typing if you know what i am talking about)
Lighting- 2 reasons 1- he used his ears. If this was a CoO feat then he wouldnt need to ask DD if they sky was dark.... he would just know it was lightning.... to our knowledge coo has never been wrong. Coo doesnt tell the user their opponent will throw a right punch, only to get hit by a left kick. (Maybe in training, but fuji is clearly not in training) fans always wrongly assume this was coo when it clearly isnt.
2ndly, and more importantly. Even if it was coo fuji used, the lightning was an attack, it was nami's attack against jora. Since it was an attack fuji's coo can see it... if not then all logia would be invisible to coo and kizaru would be unstopable.

How he lifted the rubble- its a function of his fruit. He was just going to lift up every thing that wasnt a human. He probably has the ability to lift up everything in a given area, and he used coo to make sure he didnt get any humans. And look at what he leaves, it is a baron desert looking place. Its not like there are plants and bikes left, he picked up everything except people. (Except the part of the town that wasnt destroyed)

No he didnt.... rey just told us that the sharringun can evolve into the renigun...(wow i cant spell the names of the naruto OP eyes) he said coo, when trained further, some powerful people can take it a step further.

Also, i am glad you mention this chapter. Because in it we clearly see luffy with a blind fold on being told to feel auras. BUT usopp's ability is clearly eye based. He could clearly SEE the aura. Where coo doesnt use sight to feel auras.

Saying usopp is using coo is as ridiclous as saying lucci's "iron shell" is coa. They are similar abilities that nearly do the same thing yet are not the same...

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#184 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:41 AM

@captain kidd

sry but i find this discussion unnecessary, i doubt u will change ur mind, and for me it is clear what Usoop has as well, in my oponion there are simply too many instances that make similar effects be the outcome or the reason for it...i dont see why i would discuss, that which for me is granted and already presented as fact in the manga,especially since some arguements u use have huge plot holes.

I dont even believe that more than a handful of people in this forum would agree with u (might be wrong though), therefore if ur doubts aint shared by anyone that comes to mind i stick with my understanding, we all can be wrong but as for now lets agree to disagree.  

#185 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:49 AM

@captain kidd

And why think Usopp's haki is an eye related ability? The only thing that could make him perceive the auras of other people through walls - that we know of - is haki. Just because his eyes weren't covered (like Luffy's when he was training or like Fujitora (who is blind)) doesn't mean his eyes were a necessary factor in what he did.

Also, at this point there have been a number of Coo users who've never spoken of CoO as a sound. Katakuri, Fujitora and Luffy (iirc) have never said anything about sounds. Aisa, Coby and Eneru described it in terms of voices. We're seeing people are good at different things when it comes to CoO (except Eneru, who was good at everything), so it makes sense that different people emphasise different aspects of it.

Edited by Tale, 10 February 2018 - 07:49 AM.

• Madara D Dragon likes this

#186 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:47 PM

@captain kidd

sry but i find this discussion unnecessary, i doubt u will change ur mind, and for me it is clear what Usoop has as well, in my oponion there are simply too many instances that make similar effects be the outcome or the reason for it...i dont see why i would discuss, that which for me is granted and already presented as fact in the manga,especially since some arguements u use have huge plot holes.
I dont even believe that more than a handful of people in this forum would agree with u (might be wrong though), therefore if ur doubts aint shared by anyone that comes to mind i stick with my understanding, we all can be wrong but as for now lets agree to disagree.

What about my arguements have huge plot holes?

@captain kidd

And why think Usopp's haki is an eye related ability? The only thing that could make him perceive the auras of other people through walls - that we know of - is haki. Just because his eyes weren't covered (like Luffy's when he was training or like Fujitora (who is blind)) doesn't mean his eyes were a necessary factor in what he did.

Also, at this point there have been a number of Coo users who've never spoken of CoO as a sound. Katakuri, Fujitora and Luffy (iirc) have never said anything about sounds. Aisa, Coby and Eneru described it in terms of voices. We're seeing people are good at different things when it comes to CoO (except Eneru, who was good at everything), so it makes sense that different people emphasise different aspects of it.

Why eyes? Well if you go back and read the chapter the panels focus heavy on his eyes before and after revealing the auras.

See through walls? No he didnt, he saw through the window, the window he shot his shot through.
Also unrelated, to usopp, there is actualy heavy reason to speculate coo cant even see through walls.....some walls..... lets call them plot walls....at the very least if coo was as good as some think, zoro would of known exactly where pica is.

1st luffy has refrenced sounds. Go back and look he uses coo to determine law hadnt been killed by dd, he says "laws voice isnt gone he isnt dead" (oh gee maybe you should of used that ability to determine kryos didnt kill dd)

2nd the reason they dont refrence sound, is because at this point it would be beating a dead horse. I mean.... after zoro learned to cut through metal he never refrenced it again, didnt mean he stopped doing it.

Even if different people are good at different aspects there has never been an "eye aspect" of coo that usopp could of developed

banner.png

#187 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:25 AM

I can't stop laughing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Timeskip ended

Oda: Luffy learned Haki so I have to demonstrate it.

=> Luffy dodged Pacifista's laser, dodged Hody's water bullets, sensed Caribou in Neptune's castle whilst being in the party (a mood that should require no power usage, even more so for Luffy).

Dresrosa

Oda: Oh good, now that I established Luffy has Haki, time to ignore it. CoO's ability is too great it hinders story.

=> CoO is not mentioned or hinted to be used even once vs Doflamingo. Luffy didn't even bother to use it and could not distinguishe between DD and his thread clone (a situation that should demand CoO being used)

Whole Cake Island

Oda: I have this awesome idea of a character namely Katakuri. He has great CoO by design. Urgh, how can Luffy fight him then? Oh great, time to power-up Luffy.

=> well, Luffy acquired better CoO.

Wano

Oda: Let me show you Luffy's awesome newly discovered CoO. Beating the shit out of two fodders before they even know he noticed them from afar...Oh, shit, I need tension again. Let's forget CoO

=> Luffy didn't use CoO at all. And Gazelleman just kidnapped O-tama right in front of him...and this is the guy who randomly used CoO to check the whole castle when he was busy eating.

Plot-convenient as fuck...

I miss Skypiea...

Edited by Fulmine, 17 August 2018 - 03:25 AM.

• captain kidd likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#188 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:50 PM

I can't stop laughing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Timeskip ended

Oda: Luffy learned Haki so I have to demonstrate it.

=> Luffy dodged Pacifista's laser, dodged Hody's water bullets, sensed Caribou in Neptune's castle whilst being in the party (a mood that should require no power usage, even more so for Luffy).

Dresrosa

Oda: Oh good, now that I established Luffy has Haki, time to ignore it. CoO's ability is too great it hinders story.

=> CoO is not mentioned or hinted to be used even once vs Doflamingo. Luffy didn't even bother to use it and could not distinguishe between DD and his thread clone (a situation that should demand CoO being used)

Whole Cake Island

Oda: I have this awesome idea of a character namely Katakuri. He has great CoO by design. Urgh, how can Luffy fight him then? Oh great, time to power-up Luffy.

=> well, Luffy acquired better CoO.

Wano

Oda: Let me show you Luffy's awesome newly discovered CoO. Beating the shit out of two fodders before they even know he noticed them from afar...Oh, shit, I need tension again. Let's forget CoO

=> Luffy didn't use CoO at all. And Gazelleman just kidnapped O-tama right in front of him...and this is the guy who randomly used CoO to check the whole castle when he was busy eating.

Plot-convenient as fuck...

I miss Skypiea...

it really is color of plot. such a game changing ability the only way it can exist in OP is under very controlled situations like Enel in skypiea, or with very good writing.

my personal idea, I used to joke with people when i was younger and watching anime was acceptable, I would say that in DBZ the Z fighters battle plan in all 4 arc was "wait for goku" vegeta wrecking shit, wait for goku to return from the dead, ginue force killing fools, wait for goku to arrive on namak, freeza beating up vegeta and picklo, wait for goku to get out of the pod, cell has a torunment, wait for goku (and surprise gohan is the hero we need....) you get the point.

Oda could do that. Luffy is officially powerful enough that no arc can ever give the same threats as they could before he was commander level. so have sanji or franky lead the charge, they go in first for some reason and luffy is held up or delayed or gets lost. take luffy out of the story until all the minor villains luffy would run train on are defeated by the minor SH crew.

2 chapters ago we were all thinking "how is hawkins going to escape this without getting one shot" but if luffy was still lost on the beach somewhere, and that was franky leading chopper and nami, suddenly we are worried for the crew's safety again. 

This chapter we have a goofy looking lion version of......quade? no quade was arnold's character name...... you know who i am talking about right? that weird mutant from total recall that lived on a guys stomach..... quando? kuato!!! thats the little stomach bugs name.....ok so this chapter we have lion kuato and jimbe disguised as a sumo wrestler, and the fact that luffy is here makes there zero threat. hell if a commander was here there would probably still be zero threat.

but sadly Oda is not good enough a writer to follow anyone other then luffy.

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users