308 replies to this topic

#281 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

Giving Asta a new sword that can fix everyone effected by the resurrection spell

I think this is the 2nd make or break part of giving Asta an easy undo power.

Asta being counter does fit MO, but Asta has the feeling of powerful 1v1, not good AOE

I hope at least half of the resurrection is countered by other simply due to numbers. 

#282 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

https://jaiminisbox....en/0/161/page/1

I'm talking powerlevel, and nothing here justifies the sheer amount of hax.

It rewrites reality.

There you go, another weakness

#283 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

There you go, another weakness

Yeah, now, but when it came to the Witch Queen, who is clearly a more competent mage than most, it just worked wonders.

#284 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

Oh boy. That was an emotional chapter.

*watches joke chapter*

Huh.

https://readms.net/r...5190/1?mobile=1

#285 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

I've recently gotten into Black Clover and have finally caught up to the latest chapter.

Overall, I enjoy Black Clover and really like the different character personalities (Mereoleona is GOAT). However, there's really nothing to it that separates it from other generic, shounen fantasy battle-action manga  :mellow: Not saying that generic is bad per se, but there seems to be no deviation from the standard so it gets kinda boring sometimes. 

Lol, I also think I've had my full of overly loud and dense protagonists because Asta is suuuuper annoying (especially w/ his "never giving up is my magic")  :<_<: .

Not to mention that he and Yuno are some of THE MOST Mary Sue/Gary Stu characters ever. Like, there's no suspense or hype when reading their fights because I know they'll win and you know of course Asta will deal the last blow (and oh look, how convenient that Asta receives a sword within this latest arc that can revert everyone back to normal, lol). I thought FT had it bad with this problem what w/ Natsu (and Erza) somehow defeating everyone no matter the battle, but I think Asta could give Natsu a run for his money in terms of always winning battles just because  :rolleyes: And FT's problem was a gradual frustration built up over the course of the series; Black Clover is only at 163 chapters and the winning fatigue has already gotten to me. 

Nevertheless, Black Clover is still a fun read so I'll hang with it.

Edited by Fenrix, 29 June 2018 - 02:52 PM.

#286 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:58 PM

However, there's really nothing to it that separates it from other generic, shounen fantasy battle-action manga :mellow: Not saying that generic is bad per se, but there seems to be no deviation from the standard so it gets kinda boring sometimes.

That it actually the selling point.
Textbook Generic series done right.
  • JDG973 likes this

#287 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

https://jaiminisbox....en/0/164/page/1

Spoiler

#288 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:46 AM

This manga is jus plain terrible now. Im usually the one that wants to give manga infinite amount of chances but im really tired of readin this one.

#289 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:25 AM

This manga is jus plain terrible now. Im usually the one that wants to give manga infinite amount of chances but im really tired of readin this one.

Why do you think so?

It take what bad about being cliche and actually what makes cliche good

#290 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:47 AM

I find the cleaning out of the elves quite dragged, especially after the Julius hype, but it's not bad either imo. Just... what you'd expect :lol:

#291 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:10 PM

Chapter 165

Nothing happened except the OP guild being OP  :rolleyes:

#292 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:23 AM

Why do you think so?

It take what bad about being cliche and actually what makes cliche good

everything jus feel rushed and expected. There isnt no sense of drama or suspense anymore cause not only is it predictable but it doesn’t even seem like its takin the time to fully flush out ideas. Its jus presenting a problem then giving the solution in the most obvious and boring way. Asta is too strong and his power doesn’t leave room for anything exciting or cool to happen. He jus hits people wit his sword and thas all he needs. Even that black power stuff be used is the most commonly used power up troupe in manga. Meliodos uses it from seven deadly sins but at least meliodos has other abilities to make it interesting. Aster is jus boring. Even the side characters are all boring. Yami being the exception. Non of the others are even memorable and most of the abilities are all predictable and boring as well. The fights aren’t interesting cause everything is a carbon copy of everyother shonene, the story is predictable and rushed, the characters are boring and forgettable, there isnt any world building, we know nothing of the world or the people in it, the mechanics of their world is lackluster and predictable. I jus cant find one thing to be excited about in this manga.

#293 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

The way the elf-plot was build up through the series was really good, you had most of the pieces, but their relation wasn't clear at all until the Julius fight which then had a appropriate denouement. There's also enough unresolved plotlines to keep going on (Asta's nature, the first Emperor, what exactly happened at the wedding (is there a third party?), the other kingdoms, Morris, the Demons etc., and we're constantly getting tidbits on it).

Most of the battles are actually pretty good imo, since the villains generally get the same amount of power-ups and reinforncements as the main characters. Currently it's a bit stale, but I guess the author wrote himself a bit into a corner with having so many reincarnated elves and so little characters left strong enough to deal with them.

Also, there's a reason why tropes exist in Shonen - because they've proven to work. You can trace almost all modern battle-shonen back to DB and Jojo, that alone doesn't make much of an impact on the quality.

Edited by Oben, 14 July 2018 - 12:46 PM.

• JDG973 likes this

#294 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

I want to add on that the there was plenty of comments praising the teamwork of BC.
Rather almost all arc features team work...

Wait, other then Elf vs Julius, there not many memorable 1v1 battles...

Elves magic are bland, but not the wizard knightss
  • PunkHazard likes this

#295 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

The way the elf-plot was build up through the series was really good, you had most of the pieces, but their relation wasn't clear at all until the Julius fight which then had a appropriate denouement. There's also enough unresolved plotlines to keep going on (Asta's nature, the first Emperor, what exactly happened at the wedding (is there a third party?), the other kingdoms, Morris, the Demons etc., and we're constantly getting tidbits on it).

Most of the battles are actually pretty good imo, since the villains generally get the same amount of power-ups and reinforncements as the main characters. Currently it's a bit stale, but I guess the author wrote himself a bit into a corner with having so many reincarnated elves and so little characters left strong enough to deal with them.

Also, there's a reason why tropes exist in Shonen - because they've proven to work. You can trace almost all modern battle-shonen back to DB and Jojo, that alone doesn't make much of an impact on the quality.

admittadly the built up elve plot was knda interesting. I was a lil curious about finding out who they were. So the juliun fight was interesting.

But the fights are terrible. The last decent fight was maybe the emperor vs light guy then before that it was the light guy vs yami. Everything else is so bland and subpar. And i dont mind goin through each fight individually to explain why

Shonen troupes work wen u take a new and interesting spin on it. Hxh for example made the “protagonist power up” way more interesting and different then most others. Thats why it works. If another show came out and did the same things DBZ did it wouldnt eve last a single volume

Edited by PunkHazard, 14 July 2018 - 05:47 PM.

• Fenrix likes this

#296 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:52 AM

https://jaiminisbox....en/0/166/page/1

Spoiler

#297 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:27 AM

Still doesn't explain why Patai or however his name correctly spelled, looks like Licht

BTW
"So the guy with necromancy abilities died and no one expected him to revive himself. Seriously, how did none of us see this coming. Should have been obvious."

#298 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

Still doesn't explain why Patai or however his name correctly spelled, looks like Licht

Maybe you get resurrected as what you want to be (usually yourself), and Patri was so obsessed with Licht that he came back in his image. Or Licht built this in his magic to make the first one to come back have an easier time with convincing the others.

BTW
"So the guy with necromancy abilities died and no one expected him to revive himself. Seriously, how did none of us see this coming. Should have been obvious."

I didn't spend much time thinking about it because they're all kinda boring and I wasn't particularly shocked by their deaths :lol:

#299 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:44 AM

For a second there, I forgot that the leader of the Night Eyes isn't the real Licht but his obsessed fan.

It was nice to see Vengeance's last thoughts about why he did what he did. I mean, we already knew why but I liked hearing from him his feelings. 

Don't care much about these revived henchmen because I didn't care about them when they were alive  :mellow:

#300 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:25 AM

Next chapter is out

https://readms.net/r...over/167/5242/1

Asta has a unique negotiation style. I wish Noelle was here for this when Asta offered Sally to let her do whatever ever she wanted to his body, I can only imagine Noelle's reaction. Maybe it will be brought up later when we do see Noelle again.

Edited by Magic Man, 27 July 2018 - 05:31 AM.

• Fenrix and Chillman like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users