420 replies to this topic

#401 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

So most of the questions I had have been answered. The giant demon was Licht and he summoned him because he still wanted revenge and didn't let the devil take over his body by doing that, but his grimoire still got corrupted and then Nero watched over it until Asta got it and is why she was attached to Asta. Though we still don't know why Asta got it I guess. She also used too much forbidden magic and corrupted herself by sealing the demon and the First Emperor, who seemingly received lethal damage, and got turned into the bird-like creature by doing that all in order to being back the First Emperor when the demon eventually returned. Seems that nearly everything has been explained in regards to those characters now. 

#402 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:12 PM

Recent chapter was pretty alright. Cool attack from Licht. Pretty much confirmed that Yuno is Licht's son.

Wonder what power up Asta will unlock next. Probably his bankai mode, lol.

#403 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, not a whole lot to discuss while the fight is happening, but I liked all their teamwork. Licht's giant sword attack taking all the powers from all the remaining elves was cool to see, but it felt obvious that it wouldn't end so easily. Although it looks like all those unresolved fights with the elves ended off panel mostly. Guess it makes sense as the story has moved away from the magic knights fighting the elves now and it wouldn't make sense to go back and focus on them.

Also the Nero and Asta moment was funny too. Will be fun to see his reaction when he finds out who she is. 

#404 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:20 PM

Chapter 208

Maybe I'm just a hater, but I hate how things come so effortlessly easy for Yuno. Makes him a boring character and rival for Asta. 

• Jekkusormi likes this

#405 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:44 AM

No surprise that the day can only be saved by the 2 golden boys  :<_<:

I'm not trying to be bitter because I do find myself liking Black Clover sometimes, but the one thing that irks me the most is that Asta and Yuno in their first year as Magic Knights are already these uber powerful characters fighting god tier villians, lol.

Nothing we haven't seen before in other manga, but imo, it comes off as too much too soon in Black Clover. 

Other people seemed to enjoy this chapter, but it was meh for me. 

#406 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

Chapter 211

Lol, Yami really be the only reason why I read Black Clover. Dude is too awesome. 

Asta (of course) delivers the final blow to the devil guy but will this keep him down? Here's to hoping we wrap this arc up soon.

#407 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:39 PM

So the big battle is finally over. I guess maybe the final fight at the end went on for too long for some, but I didn't mind it too much. The Devil felt like a big intimidating villain and he lived up to all the build up from the start of the series I think. Took so many characters to finally bring him down. Asta, Yuno, Licht, Fake Licht, First Emperor, and I also liked that Yami got another chance to shine at the end. His dark magic working on the devils might be a set up for something later. 

It was a bit cliche that Asta got the final blow but he is the MC so it is to be expected. Him and Yuno had some nice teamwork moments at least. I was also surprised by the reveal that the devil inside Asta is younger than the one they just defeated. Did like how Asta's devil didn't care about the devil they just killed. 

And it looks like all the remaining plots are wrapping up now. Fake Licht disappeared to return Vengence to help the elves possessing the human move on. Although it looks like some of the elves couldn't return like those two kids and Fana, Liar, and Vetto are stuck as elves. Yuno confronts Licht about being his reincarnated son and they have a nice moment, as well as Asta offering to return his sword grimoire. Yami and Charla have a nice moment too. Then finally Licht moves on and I'd guess next chapter the First Emperor will also move on and that will be it. 

#408 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

Chapter 214

Finally, we're done with this elves arc.

Overall, I felt like the arc was too boring with sparse moments of entertainment throughout...those mostly coming from Noelle finally being recognized by her siblings and Yami being awesome Yami lol.

I think I'll probably enjoy it more when it's all animated.

So Patri doesn't get to die so easily and now has to stay behind. That means we now have 4 OP elves just hanging around who will undoubtedly be allies in the future when fighting against the Devils.

I am surprised to see Julius still alive, although he's revived presumably back to his 13 year old since that was all the time magic he had stored up.

Looking forward to all the hilarious interactions that are bound to happen with the magic emperor being a teenager  :lol:

• Red Opus likes this

#409 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:26 AM

Well Julius being alive is a loop hole so Vangeance doesn't have to fell the guilt and possibly deal with jail time.

#410 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:15 PM

I'm a bit torn with Julius being alive. He is one of my favorite characters and I'm really excited to see more of him, and him being 13 now might be an interesting dynamic with the cast especially if he is going to continue to be the Magic Emperor, but his death was a big moment in the series so that does feel a little devalued. Although it was interesting that the mark above his eye was a spell that was saving time so he could revive himself and with him being 13 and only having 1 page in his grimoire I wonder how powerful he still is.

But I do get it and I think overall I am happy to see him back. I don't think they wanted to have Patri and Vengence carry around that weight of being the ones that killed him. Since there is no way Vengence could still operate as a member of the magic knights after everything he sort of helped facilitate. So him coming back alleviates them of that burden. Plus with Patri being reincarnated into a new body he is stuck there and I guess will start to atone more for what he did.

Also the moment between the Frist and Nero was really sad. I hope the two of them can meet again somehow. She was so devoted to him.

#411 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:00 PM

After finally putting the time to get caught up with the anime, I've come to the realization that the story of Black Clover is not as trash as I thought it to be.

There's been some pretty great arcs and despite this whole elves arc being rather dry while reading, I'm sure that once it is fully animated, it will turn out to be pretty awesome. I even kinda don't hate Asta as much, lol. Although Yuno is still boring af  :<_<:

I'm low-key intrigued about where the story will go next

#412 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

https://readms.net/r...over/216/6111/1

Progress is made!

Spoiler

• Fenrix likes this

#413 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:37 AM

Chapter 217

Well, things escalated rather quickly lol.

We went from arrested Asta, to corrupted trial, to Marie randomly be judged to Asta becoming demon. Things aren't looking good for Asta, so he could just end up becoming a fugitive. Although I'm sure some of the Silvas and Vermillions and other Magic Knights will try to intervene and clear Asta's name.

#414 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

It is odd that they are trying to blame Asta when you figure all of the Magic Knight Captains would help support Asta's claims. That Chairman bringing out Marie to use as bait to lure out Asta's devil form was pretty low, but I can't imagine that anything too bad will happen if all the Captains come in to support Asta. Although I wonder how they will deal with Julius being 13 again if that becomes public knowledge, and I guess they will have to find a new replacement for Magic Emperor if he can't use any of his old magic.

But I like that in the previous chapter they finally went into detail about the Spade, Heart, and Diamond kingdoms. So it seems like they set up the Spade Kingdom to maybe the be final big bad of the series if they are the biggest and are involved with some ancient horror. I guess that could be another powerful devil or something else. Some elder god type of thing would be interesting too. The Heart Kingdom seems like they might not be too bad and their description sounded a bit like traditional elves, and of course the Diamond Kingdom will probably be the next focus of the series given they have set up some things with them already. I do hope the series goes back to searching for ancient dungeons and investigation old magic, which was an early part of the series that I really liked, and that puts them into conflict with the other kingdoms.

• Fenrix likes this

#415 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:32 AM

Chapter 218

Ok, we knew someone would come to intervene on Asta's behalf but man was it awesome to see all of the Black Bulls storm the trial for both Asta and Nero  :aww:

Also, by Yami's word, Nero is a member of the Black Bulls so looking forward to seeing her fight in human form alongside the other bulls. 

#416 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:04 AM

Chapter 219

Time for a road trip with the Black Bulls!

Julius is too smart. He knew the Black Bulls would come for Asta so he sends two royal Magic Knights to deliver his missive knowing that 1) they of course have support for Asta and the Black Bulls and 2) since they are also royals, the other members of the council would be less likely to dismiss them.

Decreeing that the Black Bulls handle Asta and the threat of the demons/devils outside the kingdom gives them time to prove his "innocence" and out the clutches of the kingdom.

Best moment of the chapter was definitely when Yami put the Black Bulls robe on Nero  :aww:

And the fact that it's similar to Asta's robe is a nice little detail.

Overall, this chapter was pretty good. 

#417 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:03 PM

Chapter 220

Julius & Marcus  :aww:

Yami & Charlotte  :lol:

I'm ok with a light-hearted mini arc if it will develop my YamiXCharlotte ship~

#418 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:51 AM

Chapter 221

This was actually quite an enjoyable chapter! Charlotte announcing her love for Yami in front of her squad and all of them fangirling over her and Yami was hilarious  :lol:

I think that there is no way that Yami doesn't know about Charlotte's feelings for him, and he's just playing dumb until she feels comfortable enough to confess, lol. She literally yelled it out loud while he was near so he must have heard.

Asta almost realizing that Noelle has feelings for him but falling short in connecting the dots was funny too but his observation of Charlotte was really astute.

Finally, I didn't realize the reason why Noelle has horrible control over her magic is because she's cursed. Was this mentioned before?

#419 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:47 AM

Finally, I didn't realize the reason why Noelle has horrible control over her magic is because she's cursed. Was this mentioned before?

I did a bit of rereading and couldn't find any. I also doubt her family would know, the whole "you're a failure" thing makes more sense if they don't know that it has an external reason.

#420 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:25 AM

https://readms.net/r...6218/1?mobile=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users