Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

I...actually like it...i like juno, i like the little fairy thing, i like the anti magic thing that aster has (Rock Lee Anyone?)

I like the class difference thing, it's true in today's society as it's true in the manga, it's over the top with the "low-born" thing

but i think that's just so it can bring the idea to the forefront without too much analyzing by the reader.

What I do not like however is how during the magic test, no one except the black sheeps wanted aster. Even if it's just because his 

power is an anomaly I would want him in my squad. Even the bad guys are interested in him after just realizing his sword is anti magic.

If he was ever disillusioned with the clover kingdom because of it's cast system and the snobbish knights, if he ever defected to another 

kingdom, and had his abilities enhanced, trained, etc etc, how could he not be a big threat to the clover kingdom. Thank goodness the

sorcery guy and the leader of the black sheep intend to keep him sorta close to them. It'd be trouble if he ever got sasuke like and defected.

#42 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in exile.

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

This isn't anywhere near as good as any of the many series that it rips off and ESPECIALLY Part 1 of Naruto....It got more tolerable as it went on but it's still nothing special when compared to actual great series in WSJ like Hero Academia, Souma, AssClass and Gintama

I'm one of those readers that never let popularity determine the quality of the story. Just take the way Naruto ended for an example and the Project New Era, a bunch of people loves to read that garbage. Not all popular manga are good written stories. 

What I like about Yuuki, he is doing with some Kishi's ideas is that he's making them 3 times better. The Naruto and Sasuke rivalry which would be Aster and Juno  are far better written. Heck, there is room for the big three Naruto pairings (NS/NH/SS) that Yuuki easily can make better if he decides to do pairings in his story in the near future.

Edited by Sasuke K, 15 November 2015 - 05:51 PM.

#43 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

I'm one of those readers that never let popularity determine the quality of the story. Just take the way Naruto ended for an example and the Project New Era, a bunch of people loves to read that garbage. Not all popular manga are good written stories. 

What I like about Yuuki, he is doing with some Kishi's ideas is that he's making them 3 times better. The Naruto and Sasuke rivalry which would be Aster and Juno  are far better written. Heck, there is room for the big three Naruto pairings (NS/NH/SS) that Yuuki easily can make better if he decides to do pairings in his story in the near future.

Juno is barely anything like Sasuke with their only similarity really is that they're both really talented.....This whole Naruto vs Sasuke archetype isn't that hard to imitate or surpass anyway but even then, there's barely any real tension between them other than the fact that they both share the same dream

They're practically brothers/best friends and don't even hate or belittle each other at all......Bakugou and Deku from BnHA is a much better example of how that archetype has been surpassed and quite frankly Aster and Juno's barely matches up

I will say that in terms of romance this series could easily surpass Naruto tho, but other than that, this series really isn't anything special tbh

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#44 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:43 AM

Juno is barely anything like Sasuke with their only similarity really is that they're both really talented.....This whole Naruto vs Sasuke archetype isn't that hard to imitate or surpass anyway but even then, there's barely any real tension between them other than the fact that they both share the same dream

They're practically brothers/best friends and don't even hate or belittle each other at all......Bakugou and Deku from BnHA is a much better example of how that archetype has been surpassed and quite frankly Aster and Juno's barely matches up

I will say that in terms of romance this series could easily surpass Naruto tho, but other than that, this series really isn't anything special tbh

Never read BnHA. Well, you can add in Fairy Tail, with the rival between Natsu and Grey is pretty much the same. Juno can easily become Sasuke if he defects for some reason and becomes a villian later on in the manga. Although its still early in the manga and people said that OP started of very slow, so I will give it like 2 more years to determine the quality of this manga. 

Although, I would not recommend Yuuki focuses on pairings because of the pairing-tards and shipping. The thing that concerns me the most is that he repeats the same mistake Kishi made with the pairing which are trolling, mislead and half the heroine fall in love with the rival only to have Aster for some reason to fall in love with the heroine. I will drop this manga on a whim I see sign or sense any approach of it. For now, it seems like Yuuki is heading for a future NSH love triangle between Aster, Noelle and her cousin. And for a good reason, no lead female is infatuated over the rival in this manga and I hope it stays that way  B)

Edited by Sasuke K, 17 November 2015 - 02:45 AM.

#45 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

Never read BnHA. Well, you can add in Fairy Tail, with the rival between Natsu and Grey is pretty much the same. Juno can easily become Sasuke if he defects for some reason and becomes a villian later on in the manga. Although its still early in the manga and people said that OP started of very slow, so I will give it like 2 more years to determine the quality of this manga. 

Although, I would not recommend Yuuki focuses on pairings because of the pairing-tards and shipping. The thing that concerns me the most is that he repeats the same mistake Kishi made with the pairing which are trolling, mislead and half the heroine fall in love with the rival only to have Aster for some reason to fall in love with the heroine. I will drop this manga on a whim I see sign or sense any approach of it. For now, it seems like Yuuki is heading for a future NSH love triangle between Aster, Noelle and her cousin. And for a good reason, no lead female is infatuated over the rival in this manga and I hope it stays that way  B)

Do yourself a favor by putting this rip off aside and start reading the king of modern day battle shounen/future of WSJ

ef888f1c494e542adb3cbd22666d6509.jpg

• Sasuke K likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#46 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:24 AM

I mostly read Seinen now days because Shonen manga uses the same old trope, rehased all over again.

#47 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:36 AM

If you have the time and the spirit to follow Black Clover must have the incentive to read BnHA ^^ It's great.

#48 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:10 AM

Sadly, I don't have the the time like you average fans/reader to invest a lot of time into manga because like I did before with Naruto because I'm currently trying to become a writer. Although I'm not going to really follow BC weekly. Maybe I will read it three to four times a year. There are other Shonen manga like HxH and Gintama that I need to catch up with and far behind. Only Shonen I'm I perhaps comes close to a weekly follow up for me is Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic  and its a damn fricken good Shonen. Maybe I'll give BnHA (because even my friends suggested that manga to me 4 years ago and won't shut up about it lol)a try after I catch up with all the chapters of Magi. 

#49 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:12 AM

BnHA started last year, your friend must have some really good foresight if he saw it coming four years ago :lol:

#50 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:23 PM

I got trolled again lol  :xD: Why does the title Antimagic Academy pops in my head just thinking about BnHA :lolxg: Funny thing I made a similar mistake with Magi last year. I thought I was reading it the entire time, but the manga turned out to be different the Familiar of Zero  :laugh: 

• Tokoya likes this

#51 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:49 PM

This a good manga why no body be talkin about it?? Yomi in the last chapter was awesome although im a lil disappointed he uses dark magic

#52 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:17 AM

Good manga? Wtf are you talking about.
Mc is annoying
Other then color, I wouldn't call that Dark magic..

#53 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

Apparently u read it tho

Wat would u call it then?

#54 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:37 PM

Apparently u read it tho

Wat would u call it then?

doesn't mean everything i read is good. 

It done weekly that I can handle MC idiot personality in a bit. 

Example of Idiot MC I can't handle Digimon savers. Stupid Marcus....

Dark light magic? No info attribute really to judge.

Dark magic in my mind has more control feel to it. Like status effects, blind, stun, binding, contracts. Or shadow related. 

Light magic in my mind has light energy, healing (holy nature), speed, observation. In what done so far, that villian does light magic to say.

Really, this whole battle is just energy beams rather then magic to say.

Yes, you can always combine dark magic or any magic with equipments and that gives it attributes. but so far this battle been energy beams...

#55 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

Do yourself a favor by putting this rip off aside and start reading the king of modern day battle shounen/future of WSJ

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736...

i love that picture more then anything else in the world

doesn't mean everything i read is good. 

It done weekly that I can handle MC idiot personality in a bit. 

Example of Idiot MC I can't handle Digimon savers. Stupid Marcus....

Dark light magic? No info attribute really to judge.

Dark magic in my mind has more control feel to it. Like status effects, blind, stun, binding, contracts. Or shadow related. 

Light magic in my mind has light energy, healing (holy nature), speed, observation. In what done so far, that villian does light magic to say.

Really, this whole battle is just energy beams rather then magic to say.

Yes, you can always combine dark magic or any magic with equipments and that gives it attributes. but so far this battle been energy beams...

I agree with the energy beams, i actually like that though, usually the ones with the simplest fighting style typically be the strongest. you know the ones with no tricks or gimmicks to their fighting style, just pure strength and power mixed with experience makes for the strngest and coolest characters

Gildartz (fairy tail), 4th raikage(naruto), Mihawk (one piece), Kenpachi (bleach), are just a few that comes to mind. All strong but fighting style is really simple, i think yomi is just like these few

• Tokoya likes this

#56 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:53 PM

If anyone interested, Tabata Yuuki (author of Black Clover) has appeared on Tokusou Keisatsu Jumpolice (the variety program for Shounen Jump and other Jump related shounen magazines).

http://www.dailymoti...-2016年2月26日_fun

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 26 February 2016 - 05:57 PM.

#57 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

So is this jus turning into a big battle royal? It's definitely too early in the story for this

#58 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:04 AM

I don't remember calling for help scaling keep increasing like this in other manga.

1) Small fight

2) Actual Villain come in. and fight good guys.

3) Villain loses,  high rank villain come in as back up come in. 

4) Good guys get a beat down, high rank good guy come to assist.

5) high rank Good guy and high rank Villain fight for a bit. 

Normal Manga

6) Fight ends up as a draw for now. high rank bad guy bring minon away.

Heck, some times, 1 might not happen.

Black Clover:

6) high rank good guy beat high rank bad guy. MC assist with his 2nd battle against MC minon. 

7) high rank bad guy call friends. 

8) high rank guy get beat down until he call his friends.

9) ???

#59 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

Shit! I forgot about this manga. Behind thirty chapters  :<_<: 

• PunkHazard likes this

#60 Red Opus