#161 xMareBearx

xMareBearx

Spirit of the Bear

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWherever my food tasting brings me

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

Zax is the good kind of mad man & I'm loving it. I really hope he will stick around as a regular character. 

#162 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:51 PM

Zax is the good kind of mad man & I'm loving it. I really hope he will stick around as a regular character.

Does he belong to any guild? I mean, he might actually fit in Black Bulls

17.jpg

#163 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

Most likely no

His intro was replacing silver Orca Vice capture
I say most likely since Black Bull intro states that they had members on long term missions.

#164 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:00 AM

Most likely no

His intro was replacing silver Orca Vice capture
I say most likely since Black Bull intro states that they had members on long term missions.

https://jaiminisbox....en/0/133/page/1

Spoiler

17.jpg

#165 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

My actual response was same as your since I mentioned BB have unintrodiced members in long term missions

What with the name Wizard King called him?
His dad's name?

#166 Oben

Oben

Most Energetic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

My actual response was same as your since I mentioned BB have unintrodiced members in long term missions

What with the name Wizard King called him?
His dad's name?

Ideale is his surname.

https://jaiminisbox....n/0/133/page/21

• YyAoMmIi likes this

#167 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationIn the front row sit of a cinema

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

I like Zora's design.

#168 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

I wonder how many Black Bull members have yet to be introduced

Vice captain (no mention so far)
Guy that didn't like sunlight during beach event

#169 Oben

Oben

Most Energetic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:58 AM

So, with this arc done, what's next? There's still a bunch of storylines open (The White Nights, the last Magic Stone and the Sefirot/Qliphoth, more Demons and Elves backstories, the traitor in the Golden Dawn, the remaining Knights from the Diamond Kingdom, and the Clover and Heart Kingdoms).

Reasonably, the main plot should move again now, so I'm expecting another magic stone arc, since it can tie in both worldbuilding and Licht. I'm still hoping to see the other Kingdoms though.

#170 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:08 PM

So, with this arc done, what's next? There's still a bunch of storylines open (The White Nights, the last Magic Stone and the Sefirot/Qliphoth, more Demons and Elves backstories, the traitor in the Golden Dawn, the remaining Knights from the Diamond Kingdom, and the Clover and Heart Kingdoms).

Reasonably, the main plot should move again now, so I'm expecting another magic stone arc, since it can tie in both worldbuilding and Licht. I'm still hoping to see the other Kingdoms though.

You forgot Liar replacing a captain in your list.

There no info regarding a demon stone atm considering they knew about 1 and witch was had a different goal in mind.

What official terrorist group name for the elvis/demons?
Got confusing when we had so many names?

Considering Royal knights was formed to go after the terrorist, seems like direction would be to find information on terrorist, a proactive response.
I don't expect royal knights to go after last stone due to lack of info and the fact wizard king trust BB more in terms of traitors

#171 Oben

Oben

Most Energetic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

You forgot Liar replacing a captain in your list.

There no info regarding a demon stone atm considering they knew about 1 and witch was had a different goal in mind.

What official terrorist group name for the elvis/demons?
Got confusing when we had so many names?

Considering Royal knights was formed to go after the terrorist, seems like direction would be to find information on terrorist, a proactive response.
I don't expect royal knights to go after last stone due to lack of info and the fact wizard king trust BB more in terms of traitors

@bold: You mean the White Night Eyes? (I think the official translation is Eyes of the Midnight Sun or so)

The magic stones are still the core of the Licht-plot, they have to find it tbh. Since they happen to pop up even in different arcs (like the Witches), I wouldn't be surprised if they just stumbled upon it randomly or got dragged into it.

The Magic Emperor also has to die at some point, but I'm not expecting it to be soon.

#172 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

@bold: You mean the White Night Eyes? (I think the official translation is Eyes of the Midnight Sun or so)

The magic stones are still the core of the Licht-plot, they have to find it tbh. Since they happen to pop up even in different arcs (like the Witches), I wouldn't be surprised if they just stumbled upon it randomly or got dragged into it.

The Magic Emperor also has to die at some point, but I'm not expecting it to be soon.

Ya, Eyes of the Midnight Sun is cooler then fan translations.

Randomly dragged into it, yes.
But actively looking, no.

#173 Oben

Oben

Most Energetic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

Aaaand Licht/Elves Flashback and Eyes of the Midnight Sun won the race. So I'm guessing that they'll have all the stones now to make attacking their base worthwhile?

#174 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

Did not expect Liar dream but did correctly predict base attack

#175 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

https://readms.net/r...over/140/4816/1

Henry:
Iiii aaaaaammmm gggggoooooiiiinnnngggg tttttoooo tttaaaaallllkkkk rrrrreeeeaaaalllll Ssssslllllowwwwllyyyyy wwwwwwhhhhiillleeee sssaaaayyyiiinnnngggg mmmmyyyyy gggggggeeeeeennnnneeeeeeerrrrrrriiiiiccccccc nnnnnnaaaaaaaammmmeeeee

Villain:
I don't care who you are......

Henry:
You dis my friends, you die fast. MECHA mode on.

So black Clover seems to being popular for being Cliche done right

#176 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,609 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

Finally got around to catching up with this series and it was a fun read. I really enjoyed it. I regret not reading it sooner, but it did let me binge on a lot of chapters. That was quite nice. The series doesn't exactly do anything to reinvent the shounen genre but it is very well polished I think. It knows the kind of series it is trying to be and it operates really well within that. The world and characters are interesting, the powers with the magic grimoires are easy to understand and fit well within the world, and the art is also quite good. 

I can understand how Asta might rub some readers the wrong way with how loud he is, but I really like how well he contrasts to Yuno's character. They have a really strong dynamic. Although my favorite character has to be Yami. I'm such a sucker for character in that kind of lazy/badass mold and he fits that so well, haha. I like how his whole story is that he is basically from Japan and got lost after a storm and wound up in their kingdom but he doesn't seem too bothered by it all. He reminds me a lot of Gintoki too, which is a good thing.

One thing I do really like it how much focus they give the other magic knight orders and not just focus on the Black Bulls only. The series is very similar to Fairy Tail and Naruto, sort of like if you combined the two into one, but unlike those two I really like how the series isn't just focused on Asta and the Black Bulls. The author has spent a lot of time using and developing the other magic knights from the different orders and I think that does help with the world building. I enjoyed Fairy Tail, but it focused so much on Natsu's little group that a lot of the other FT characters and mages from the other guilds really felt underdeveloped. Splitting up Asta and Yuno into different orders probably helped spread the focus around. 

I do also hope the series doesn't get too lost with just one ongoing story and they don't stop going out on missions and quests for the kingdom. Like exploring new dungeons, looking for magic items or investigating magic incidences. Those kind of stories help break up the main plots and really add to the adventure feeling that fantasy series need. Naruto sort of lost that early on and so much of the story became about getting Sauske back then defeating Madara. So I hope the series doesn't lose that aspect with the main cast going out on quests or having festival/tournament arcs.  

• xMareBearx and YyAoMmIi like this

#177 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

I do also hope the series doesn't get too lost with just one ongoing story and they don't stop going out on missions and quests for the kingdom. Like exploring new dungeons, looking for magic items or investigating magic incidences. Those kind of stories help break up the main plots and really add to the adventure feeling that fantasy series need. Naruto sort of lost that early on and so much of the story because about getting Sauske back then defeating Madara. So I hope the series doesn't lose that aspect with the main cast going out on quests or having festival/tournament arcs.  

Actually, that more Anime territory, where it can have plenty of time to go side stories (note IDK status of BC anime if it good or bad)

Most Shonen Jump series I see, focus on main story, with side quest/missions mentioned only. 

EX: For the witch arc, they meet with the guy from the other kingdom before going to Witches.

WTF was that no prior chapter in greeting (his previous story was in something else, not shonen jump chapter)

#178 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,609 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

Actually, that more Anime territory, where it can have plenty of time to go side stories (note IDK status of BC anime if it good or bad)

Most Shonen Jump series I see, focus on main story, with side quest/missions mentioned only. 

EX: For the witch arc, they meet with the guy from the other kingdom before going to Witches.

WTF was that no prior chapter in greeting (his previous story was in something else, not shonen jump chapter)

Yeah, that is true. It can open up a lot for the anime, but I hope the manga can do that too, but I know a lot of manga don't have the luxury of doing a lot of side adventures and things. 

That tripped me up too. That Diamond Kingdom guy, his wife and his student. I had to go back and see if I somehow missed an arc or something. I then looked it up and then found out they were from a light novel story. Never seen that before in a Jump series where a side light novel story got incorporated in the main series so quickly. 

#179 Oben

Oben

Most Energetic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:33 AM

https://jaiminisbox....en/0/142/page/1

Well well well.

Spoiler

#180 YyAoMmIi