Photo

[Discussion] RITS: Random Ideas, Theories & Speculations (Part 19)

• Please log in to reply
797 replies to this topic

#1 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

Previous Thread

Last few posts;

I think that was a bad translation.

Fair enough. Checked Plasma's version.

It's now a possibility that the last 2 remaining SWPs are Muken prisoners. 

Im thinking Mayuri should be a candidate.

Wouldn't make sense for 2 characters who are just being revealed to have such a big role.

I doubt he is but I don't think anyone would be upset if he was. Mayuri is fine in his evil genius role. I think the last 2 will work like this; 1 will be someone we'd all expect (Ryukken, Isshin, Kyoraku) and the other will be a surprise (Rangiku).

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#2 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:59 PM

Maybe Mashiro is working with the Vizards and that's why she isn't present. 

Given that Ganju rode to the SDRI on his pig, that means he probably departed his home quite some time ago in-story.

So, both Mashiro and Xcution have been missing for a large span of time.

Edited by Ultrafragor, 28 April 2015 - 06:47 AM.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#3 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:55 AM

The Visoreds returned not so long ago.

#4 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:48 AM

I meant Xcution

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#5 JasonDM

JasonDM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

Hollows were created by the Soul King to be poison to Quincies, but also to be cleansed by Shinigami to balance the distrubution of souls so that the world could stay the way the Soul King had envisioned it.

Something that has never made sense to me is that even though Shinigami and Quincy clashed 1000 years ago, it took the Shinigami 800 years to decide that they should exterminate the Quincies. So for 800 years Quincies and Shinigami co-existed and then the Shinigami decide to exterminate the Quincies? Their has to be a reason beyond "They threaten the balance of Souls". I found that explanation odd after we learned that the Soul Society can control the flow of souls themselves by killing people in rukongai. It should not take 800 years to decide that a race is detrimental to the balance. Oddly enough, the extermination took place 100-101 years before the process of Yhwach returning began. The number itself isn't odd but I would fancy that If the Soul King can see into the future, he could see 100 years into the future. So I'm going out on a limb and saying that the reason the extermination happened was that the Soul King saw the events of the current timeline and ordered the Shinigami to exterminate the Quinicy so that Yhwach could never regain his power and start the invasion. The Soul King saw Yhwach as a threat to his structure of the realms and sought to make sure Yhwach could never take the throne.

This would play into what Shunsui has been saying about war. In war, both sides feel justified but both sides are also evil. Throughout the story, we've only heard the Shinigami's side of the story. When a side explains why they decided to go to war, they tell the person the story they want to hear. You see this in (I forget his name) explanation at the beginning of the arc, the reason being Quincies were a threat to the balance of Souls. Their was no mention of what happened 1000 years before. That means that Soul Society is telling their subordinates only half the story, hiding the other half because it would give the Soul Society a bad name. You see the exact same thing happening with the Stern Ritters. Yhwach has rallied the troops under the assumption that the Vandenreich was getting revenge for the Quincy massacre yet Yhwach's objective all along has been to overthrow the Soul King and take the world for himself, killing any of his subordinates to further his cause if need be. Now that the SR's see this, some of them are joining up with the Shinigami to take down Yhwach.

This is the first time I've done a post like this so I feel like im all over the place. Would love to get some discussion going.

Also, I was watching the final fight between Ichigo and Aizen and I noticed that the eyes on Aizen's wings in his monster form are very similar to the eye on Mimihagi, just throwing that out there.

• Hellion likes this

#6 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

There's one problem with your theory: everything is actually hinting that the Soul King planned for Yhwach to stab him, and that the Kamikake was the tool he put in place to make sure Yhwach absorbed his power.

Further more, we know Soul Society isn't telling its shinigami any part of the story - at the very least, the shinigami academy has not taught quincy matters for at least 50 years (because Rukia never learned even the name). Even to Isshin, who must have been the potential captain candidate that Masked databook says was being considered for post during TBTP (therefore appointed at some point just after TBTP), quincies were little more than a rumour of an almost extinct race. He had at least heard of quincies, but it wasn't until he met Masaki that he realised some still existed. It therefore doesn't sound like even his generation was taught much about quincies.

We can also see (as you mention) that, judging by the quincy comments on bankai, the quincies weren't being told the truth about the shinigami either, if they're being told anything at all. Indeed they weren't even being told the truth about the spiritual cosmology of their world.

Further more, both Zommari and Grimmjow's comments during the Arrancar Arc regarding the thousand-year history of the hollows suggests that shinigami (and probably quincies, too) aren't being told the truth about hollows: given that only a few hollows seemed to know what a quincy was, most hollows probably don't know the truth about their history either.

So, there's a huge swathe of information missing from common knowledge regarding the history of the shinigami, quincies and hollows - all three of them.

Note that at the very beginning of the manga, we only heard Urahara's version of the tale - we don't actually know what the shinigami were typically taught because, by the time Rukia's generation came along, the shinigami weren't being taught anything at all. When Urahara told Rukia about the quincies, he actually talked about all quincies left hating shinigami, yet Uryuu was allegedly the last remaining quincy.. immediately raising the question of what Urahara was withholding about the quincies. Just to add to that, we don't know what version Souken told Uryuu (nor did Uryuu ask Ichigo to confirm what version he'd been told), but Souken did tell Uryuu the most important thing was to prevent another massacre - so, just as with Urahara's comment, we have the bizarre discrepancy that there's only supposed to be a single tiny family of quincies left, yet people are talking of preventing another massacre and 'all surviving quincies' hating the shinigami.

So, the very moment the quincies were introduced to the manga we were tossed a giant, gaping question mark about how many quincies really existed, and who knew what about them.

The timeline isn't exact (the time-skip causes problems). However, if we use Chapter 537 as a starting point, to give us -9 years as being Auswahlen, we have as follows:

Note, I'm adding 3 to everything on the grounds that Masaki died 6 years before Chapter 1, but Chapter 537 states it's the ninth anniversary of her death.

0 = Post-Chapter 537. Yhwach has fully regained his power and claims in 9 days he'll regain the world.

-3: Chapter 1

-9: Yhwach regains his intellect, immediately performs Auswahlen to begin the process of regaining his power: Gemischt, Masaki, Katagiri die. Also, this is the year Sado's parents die, too.

-18: Ichigo, Uryuu, Sado and Orihime are born.

-23: Everything but the Rain (Aizen is evil, White is mysterious, Souken is suspiciously absent, Urahara is dodgy, Masaki is hollowfied, Isshin goes AWOL, Ryuuken has a bad day).

-53: Grand Fisher activates, Hisana dies (yes, same year for both of these - given the hints that the Grand Fisher may be connected to Aizen's experiments, is Hisana's death a coincidence?)

-99: Yhwach regains his heartbeat, immediately begins the process of regaining his intellect.

-104: Turn Back the Pendulum ends (Urahara banished, Visoreds created & banished).

-113: Turn Back the Pendulum begins (Hikifune promoted to Royal Guard, Urahara promoted to captain, Mayuri released from Maggot's Nest, Research Institute set up).

-114: Gin joins the Shinigami Academy.

-115: Rose becomes captain.

-203: Second Quincy Massacre; also the point where a great fluctuation in captain turnover begins (only Yamamoto, Unohana, Kyouraku and Ukitake predate this as captains).

-999: Yhwach is sealed and begins the process of regaining his heartbeat.

-1000: the Blood War begins: Quincies allegedly begin, Gotei 13 begins, Hollows in their modern format begin. Soul King hinted to have begun. First Quincy massacre occurs.

-2000: the Yamamoto/Choujirou bromance begins.

-2100 (approximately only as Renji's graduation date is a plot hole): Shinigami Academy (as we know it) set up by Yamamoto.

To note a few things:

TBTP lasts 9 years - that's one of Yhwach's numbers.

Yhwach regains his heartbeat 5 years after the end of TBTP - nice Quincy number right there.

Hikifune is promoted to the Royal Guard 14 years before Yhwach regains his heartbeat (1+4=5).

The Quincy Massacre is 104 years before Yhwach regains his heartbeat (1+4=5).

Time-skip adjusted, TBTP ends 104 years ago (1+4=5) and begins 113 years ago (1+1+3=5).

There's 797 years between the two quincy massacres (7+9+7=23; 2+3=5)

Edited by Milareppa, 29 April 2015 - 05:52 PM.

• Petite Fleur, Fulmine, PlasmaWolf and 6 others like this

#7 JasonDM

JasonDM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:45 PM

There's one problem with your theory: everything is actually hinting that the Soul King planned for Yhwach to stab him, and that the Kamikake was the tool he put in place to make sure Yhwach absorbed his power.

Further more, we know Soul Society isn't telling its shinigami any part of the story - at the very least, the shinigami academy has not taught quincy matters for at least 50 years (because Rukia never learned even the name). Even to Isshin, who must have been the potential captain candidate that Masked databook says was being considered for post during TBTP (therefore appointed at some point just after TBTP), quincies were little more than a rumour of an almost extinct race. He had at least heard of quincies, but it wasn't until he met Masaki that he realised some still existed. It therefore doesn't sound like even his generation was taught much about quincies.

We can also see (as you mention) that, judging by the quincy comments on bankai, the quincies weren't being told the truth about the shinigami either, if they're being told anything at all. Indeed they weren't even being told the truth about the spiritual cosmology of their world.

Further more, both Zommari and Grimmjow's comments during the Arrancar Arc regarding the thousand-year history of the hollows suggests that shinigami (and probably quincies, too) aren't being told the truth about hollows: given that only a few hollows seemed to know what a quincy was, most hollows probably don't know the truth about their history either.

So, there's a huge swathe of information missing from common knowledge regarding the history of the shinigami, quincies and hollows - all three of them.

Note that at the very beginning of the manga, we only heard Urahara's version of the tale - we don't actually know what the shinigami were typically taught because, by the time Rukia's generation came along, the shinigami weren't being taught anything at all. When Urahara told Rukia about the quincies, he actually talked about all quincies left hating shinigami, yet Uryuu was allegedly the last remaining quincy.. immediately raising the question of what Urahara was withholding about the quincies. Just to add to that, we don't know what version Souken told Uryuu (nor did Uryuu ask Ichigo to confirm what version he'd been told), but Souken did tell Uryuu the most important thing was to prevent another massacre - so, just as with Urahara's comment, we have the bizarre discrepancy that there's only supposed to be a single tiny family of quincies left, yet people are talking of preventing another massacre and 'all surviving quincies' hating the shinigami.

So, the very moment the quincies were introduced to the manga we were tossed a giant, gaping question mark about how many quincies really existed, and who knew what about them.

The timeline isn't exact (the time-skip causes problems). However, if we use Chapter 537 as a starting point, to give us -9 years as being Auswahlen, we have as follows:

Note, I'm adding 3 to everything on the grounds that Masaki died 6 years before Chapter 1, but Chapter 537 states it's the ninth anniversary of her death.

0 = Post-Chapter 537. Yhwach has fully regained his power and claims in 9 days he'll regain the world.
-3: Chapter 1
-9: Yhwach regains his intellect, immediately performs Auswahlen to begin the process of regaining his power: Gemischt, Masaki, Katagiri die. Also, this is the year Sado's parents die, too.
-18: Ichigo, Uryuu, Sado and Orihime are born.
-23: Everything but the Rain (Aizen is evil, White is mysterious, Souken is suspiciously absent, Urahara is dodgy, Masaki is hollowfied, Isshin goes AWOL, Ryuuken has a bad day).
-53: Grand Fisher activates, Hisana dies (yes, same year for both of these - given the hints that the Grand Fisher may be connected to Aizen's experiments, is Hisana's death a coincidence?)
-99: Yhwach regains his heartbeat, immediately begins the process of regaining his intellect.
-104: Turn Back the Pendulum ends (Urahara banished, Visoreds created & banished).
-113: Turn Back the Pendulum begins (Hikifune promoted to Royal Guard, Urahara promoted to captain, Mayuri released from Maggot's Nest, Research Institute set up).
-114: Gin joins the Shinigami Academy.
-115: Rose becomes captain.
-203: Second Quincy Massacre; also the point where a great fluctuation in captain turnover begins (only Yamamoto, Unohana, Kyouraku and Ukitake predate this as captains).
-999: Yhwach is sealed and begins the process of regaining his heartbeat.
-1000: the Blood War begins: Quincies allegedly begin, Gotei 13 begins, Hollows in their modern format begin. Soul King hinted to have begun. First Quincy massacre occurs.
-2000: the Yamamoto/Choujirou bromance begins.
-2100 (approximately only as Renji's graduation date is a plot hole): Shinigami Academy (as we know it) set up by Yamamoto.

To note a few things:
TBTP lasts 9 years - that's one of Yhwach's numbers.
Yhwach regains his heartbeat 5 years after the end of TBTP - nice Quincy number right there.
Hikifune is promoted to the Royal Guard 14 years before Yhwach regains his heartbeat (1+4=5).
The Quincy Massacre is 104 years before Yhwach regains his heartbeat (1+4=5).
Time-skip adjusted, TBTP ends 104 years ago (1+4=5) and begins 113 years ago (1+1+3=5).
There's 797 years between the two quincy massacres (7+9+7=23; 2+3=5)

One thing I forgot to put in my original post was that I still think that the Soul King will be the final villain in the end somehow. I think once the truth of what happened 1000 years ago is revealed, I think the Soul King and what he stands/stood for will make him the villain.

I don't think its inconceivable that the Soul King could have planned for these events, especially if he can see the future as well. It has always been suspicous that the King of Souls is sealed up in a barrier. Its especially strange that the Soul Kings power immediately went after anything resembling a Shinigami once he was removed from the barrier. He could have been planning to use Yhwach and his invasion as a chance to escape and then have Yhwach absorb him so that he can take over control of Yhwach's body.

I don't think the Soul King is dead either. His "death scene" is sketchy to me. Plus, if we go by your explanation of "The Heart", since the Soul King is still pumping out power, i dont think he is dead. You also have pointed out before that you beleived that Yhwach absorbing Mimihagi was something Yhwach decided to do on the spot because he couldn't see Mimihagi's future. I think Mimihagi is what is going to make it possible for the Soul King to assume control of Yhwach.

I love speculating :)

#8 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if Ichigo was the final big bad? Like he absorbs Juha and becomes the final villain.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#9 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:22 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if Ichigo was the final big bad? Like he absorbs Juha and becomes the final villain.

There's no real build up for that, though.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#10 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

There's no real build up for that, though.

It'd just be like the best troll possible though. Obviously he'd end up beating himself from within or some such but it'd just be so lovely watching everyone flee in terror from an endless wave of Getsuga.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#11 Nagaraja

Nagaraja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationResting in the arms of the Ground Prophet Chad-Sama

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:05 AM

What if Ichigo speaking Ichibei's name wasn't him using a familial ability, (implying Ichibei is the progenator of the Shiba Clan?) What if he was using an ability reserved only to the most powerful entities in Bleach? What if he spoke Ichibei back into existence, and countered Bach physically erasing him? (This is implying that Ichigo commanded his coporial form back into existence, and his soul to return to his body. Perhaps it was Ichibei's soul 'reaching' out to Ichigo?)

I'm not aware of any theories implying that Ichibei was a Shiba. From what I understand his resurrection was due to the fact his power resided in Words.

"Reason exists for those who cannot go on living without clinging to it. Now let's go... to the edge of reason." Aizen

"It's been so long that I forgot the pain of not having a name. Everyone had a name that friends use to call them, but I didn't. That pain." Zaraki Kenpachi

#12 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

And where does Aizen fit into all of this?

Unwitting and spiteful pawn of the Soul King.

#13 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

While it's been very clear that Urahara and Isshin have been working together regarding Ichigo (even in terms of preparation, given their discussion after the Grand Fisher's death indicates they had a conversation years ago about Ichigo's future), I think it's strongly implied that there was some kind of co-operation regarding Uryuu ending up in Hueco Mundo:

Ryuuken knew everything that had happened in Soul Society, Urahara knew Uryuu was being given his power back, exactly where that training was taking place, exactly what demand Ryuuken had made of Uryuu, and exactly when to turn up to collect Uryuu (and how to get in).

Meanwhile, Ryuuken knew exactly when to leave the room and exactly how long to remain outside the room before returning to it, not to mention that he knew precisely what that note would say without reading it (which could be a dual idicator - that he's working with Urahara, and that he knows Uryuu very well).

Isshin knew exactly what time to turn up at the training room (not to mention the fact he knew exactly where it was). He also was completely aware of where Uryuu had gone. In fact, the two men seemed surprised about only two things: Ryuuken was surprised to see Isshin 'back in black' and Isshin reacted quite strongly upon realising that Ryuuken had deliberately let Uryuu go to Hueco Mundo.

That strikes me as Ryuuken and Isshin playing a bit of catch-up on what the other knew and was up to, but that they were both aware that Urahara was keeping them both in the loop. I'm wondering, however, if Ryuuken's part of a loop that Urahara may not be fully aware of, given that I'm still suspicious about Kyouraku's visit to the living world, Kyouraku has been involved in this Kamikake plot and Urahara did not seem fully in the loop regarding the Kamikake plot.

Then again, I'm still expecting it to be revealed that Urahara and Souken had a lot of dealings with each other, too.

There's also another thing that stood out regarding Uryuu's inclusion into the group invading Hueco Mundo:

Spoiler

Sado: ・・・そういえば
"... Come to think of it... "

Sado: ・・・石田
"... Ishida. "

Sado: 浦原さんから聞いたんだがお前・・・
"I heard from Urahara-san, but, you... "

Sado: 親父さんと契約していたそうだな・・・
"... had made a contract with your father, is that right... ?"

Sado: 「修行をつけてもらう代わりに死神と その仲間に関わらない」——
" 'In exchange for receiving training, you cannot be involved with the Shinigami and their companions.'——"

Uryuu: ————!

Sado: それなのに・・・
"And yet... "

Sado: どうして ここに居るんだ・・・?
"... why are you here... ?"

Ichigo: 何だそりゃ!?
"What's that!?"

Ichigo: 初耳だぞ石田!?
"Is that news, Ishida!?"

Ichigo: そうなのかよ!?
"Is that so!?"

Spoiler

Uryuu (inner monologue): 「修行をつけてもらう」————か
" 'Receiving training'————?"

Uryuu: ・・・ああ
"... Yeah."

Uryuu (inner monologue): ・・・確かに
"... Certainly."

Uryuu: その通りだよ
"That's just it."

Uryuu (inner monologue): 結果的にはそうなったのかも知れないな——————・・・
"Consequently, it may have become so——————... "

That last sentence was entirely omitted in the anime. Also, it can be alternatively translated to: "As for the result, it may have become so... " The "so" isn't explained, but it was clear that Sado reciting what he had heard—from Urahara—struck a chord with Uryuu. In the flashback (same chapter), Uryuu told Urahara the part about not associating with the Shinigami, but he never mentioned the "[in exchange for] receiving training" tidbit.

So, Urahara told Sado about Ryuuken and Uryuu's deal but let Uryuu believe he didn't know about it, while subtly manipulating Uryuu into reaching the conclusion that Ichigo going alone to Hueco Mundo meant that he could accompany Ichigo without breaking his contract with Ryuuken.

The first question that should arise is: "In exchange for receiving training... for what purpose?"

I think that scene showed early signs of Urahara and Ryuuken preparing Uryuu for his eventual role in the Vandenreich. They were sending him into the lion's den—a whole world full of Hollows—in spite of the grave danger posed to Quincies by Hollows. It's as if Urahara and Ryuuken were testing (and/or implementing) a theory directly tied to Ryuuken's restoration method, something that necessitated Uryuu going to Hueco Mundo. As usual, despite having every reason to believe that a terrible event would occur (i.e., Orihime's kidnapping), Urahara's behavior seemed rather lackadaisical.

You mentioned another possible loop involving Shunsui and Ryuuken, but not Urahara. What about Ukitake? He was a part of the Kamikake plan and he was the one who was responsible for sending Orihime into the Dangai which led to her capture, thus causing Ichigo (and Uryuu) to leave for Hueco Mundo almost immediately. Ukitake also ties into the substitute Shinigami subplot and has a history, the extent of which is still unknown.
  • Milareppa likes this

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#14 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

Urahara's manipulation of Uryuu wasn't exactly what I'd call 'subtle'. :)

However, I think the manipulation for Uryuu's contact with the Vandenreich began much earlier - it started with Souken. The earliest flashback has Souken emphasising to Uryuu that it's important to make sure history doesn't repeat itself (Uryuu even expressed a wish for the quincy uniform to be updated in the same scene - oops). Then there's the flashback to their discussion over Ryuuken's 'hatred' of Quincies - note the inverted commas there, because (in the English translations, at least) neither Ryuuken nor Souken have ever stated that Ryuuken hates quincies; Uryuu came to that conclusion. When he asked Ryuuken why, Ryuuken answered with such a blatant lie that it was obvious that, not only had the question surprised him, but that he'd promptly decided to encourage Uryuu to keep thinking that.

Souken's response was no less manipulative - not only did he support Ryuuken's lie (and essentially hint to Uryuu that it's a lie), but he then made it a condition of Uryuu's future development as a quincy to learn the truth. The entire discussion about the future use of the sanrei glove was absolutely loaded with the idea that Souken wanted Uryuu prepared for something specific. Given that we know Ryuuken kept saying he didn't want Uryuu consorting with Souken, given that Souken said that Ryuuken's behaviour was driven by his need to protect something, and given that Ryuuken said Souken forced him to adopt Souken's quincy responsibilities against his desire, it begs the question of whether Ryuuken's reluctance to adopt Souken's responsibilities was effectively a surrender - he had no choice but to surrender to the future Souken was preparing Uryuu for. I'm not saying he would have stopped whatever path of protection he was on, but that Souken has forced him to include future inevitabilities that he's only reluctantly accepted.

I deliberately didn't include Ukitake, but it wasn't because I don't think he's involved. It's mainly because I focussed on Kyouraku as being the one confirmed to have gone to the World of the Living. I could have added (but was too lazy) that this would encompass Ukitake, since it's very clear that Ukitake and Kyouraku had conspired together over Kamikake (and I have a suspicion that Ichibei was involved in that, too, as I still find it very strange that Kyouraku and Unohana interacted with the Royal Guard during their first appearance but that Ukitake disappeared into the background - it fits in with the 'hidden dragon' idea). Certainly, I think it's no coincidence that Isshin and Ryuuken live in the district that, it's been revealed, is controlled by the 13th Division. After all, even if Kyouraku told the truth about only going there to give soul tickets out and nothing else, it would still raise red flags on the grounds that it means he knew exactly where to find Isshin (to be able to give soul tickets to Ichigo's family).

So, Isshin's hiding in territory Ukitake controls. More than that, this is a special site of unusual reishi levels (for the World of the Living). This hotspot is under Ukitake's control. Meanwhile, the Fullbringers were hiding in the area next door - which is controlled by the 10th division. If people cannot accept Hitsugaya's presence on the grounds of any relationship with Ichigo, then it could certainly be related to the fact the fullbringers were mostly active in the area of the World of the Living he was personally responsible for.

Anyway, ignoring Hitsugaya, the reason I didn't mention Ukitake was simply laziness - and perhaps a feeling of it going without saying that if I'm talking about Kyouraku's Kamikake loop I'm including Ukitake by default.

Edited by Milareppa, 27 May 2015 - 06:29 PM.

• PlasmaWolf and Orikushinu like this

#15 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

Urahara's manipulation of Uryuu wasn't exactly what I'd call 'subtle'. :)

I meant "subtle" from Uryuu's point of view—that he had to find the solution on his own and couldn't be manipulated to the point of thinking Urahara was making things too easy for him. Then again, perhaps Uryuu became wiser to the fact and discussed it with Urahara during the timeskip.

I figured Kubo would revisit it, at some point.

• Milareppa likes this

6OINMKs.png

#16 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:47 PM

Your translation makes it seem like Uryuu may have been starting to cotton to the possibility that perhaps there was more going on there than he'd originally realised.

I certainly expect everything connected to the restoration to be revisited... there are too many questions (including how much did Mayuri get to witness, given the microbes in Uryuu's body).

#17 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

Your translation makes it seem like Uryuu may have been starting to cotton to the possibility that perhaps there was more going on there than he'd originally realised.

I certainly expect everything connected to the restoration to be revisited... there are too many questions (including how much did Mayuri get to witness, given the microbes in Uryuu's body).

The thing is, that "deal" must have struck Uryuu as being odd from the very beginning. The guy's father suddenly shows up and displays superb handling of Quincy powers to his bewilderment, then offers to restore his lost powers but at the cost of relinquishing association with the Shinigami. In that moment, I don't see how could Uryuu have thought anything other than how weird it was for his "supposedly-hates-the-Quincies" father to offer the restoration of his son's powers (which he criticized) if they couldn't be used in conjunction with aiding or simply fighting alongside the Shinigami.

In other words, for what other purpose would Uryuu use his newly-regained powers? It just doesn't add up.

• Milareppa likes this

6OINMKs.png

#18 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

I don't know where to ask this random question so I'll try here. I was just curious how, when, and why people got into Bleach. How long have you guys been getting trolled by Kubo's greatness?

#19 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:01 PM

My second cousin many many many moons ago. A good 10 years I'd say. Manga about 6? Never trolled though. I thoroughly enjoy his twists and turns.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#20 JasonDM

JasonDM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

If Shunsui decides to send Ichigo home for the up-coming battle like it was hinted, what do you guys think will happen then? Do the Shinigami get destroyed? Does Aizen fuck with Yhwach's eyes? Maybe Kenpachi and Byakuya will squeeze out victories against Gerrard and Lille?

So many different ways the story can progress from here, like to get people's opinion on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users