Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOtaku Castle

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:48 AM

Who's your favorite character?

Attached Files

Edited by Mimato, 29 April 2015 - 10:48 AM.

ezgif-333474045.png

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

We already have this thread, I think (or a top5 one)

Anw, Itachi all the way.

• Mimato likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

Aye, my fav char is killer Bee can't you C

the next letter is D no one can rhyme with me diddydatazz2.png

• Ace1225, Sloan and Mimato like this

#4 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:27 AM

Konoha's Sublime Green Beast of Prey, obviously. All hail Maito Gai.
  • Mimato likes this

#5 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

Kisame

Badass ninja that actually behaved like one to the point of sacrificing himself to get the mission done.He had cool powers,Itachi's patner,massive chakra reserves,unique sword and a a powerfull transformation that easilly beat Killer Bee.He also was a sort of rival to Maito Guy that is also another badass character

Also his corpse din't get raped during the Ninja War arc so like Jiraya he was spared the embarassment that it was the final arc

RIP best ninja and character of the series

• Mimato likes this

#6 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

My favorite character and my favorite girl 

tumblr_netwiqe0u01rjnjmxo1_500.jpg

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#7 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

This bad boy...

Spoiler

His character and ability design is one of the best in Naruto in my opinion. Background was also interesting, having fought the First Hokage and survived, only to be beaten by the new generation.
While he and Hidan merely served as antagonists meant to flesh out characteristics, I feel like their (dis)synergy made 'em one of the best pairs in Akatsuki. Also... In terms of raw power he managed to hold of

Kakashi, Chouji and Ino at the same time.

I guess you could say he managed to steal my heart ;)

• Ketsog39 and Mimato like this

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#8 DeiDreamer

DeiDreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

Shikamaru all the way. Probably the most human characters out of the lot (besides his next level brain)

• Mimato likes this

Posted Image

#9 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

Also... In terms of raw power he managed to hold off Kakashi, Chouji, and Ino, at the same time.

Except that they weren't really doing anything, while Kakashi was. 

• waleuska, Blue22, SilverWolf442 and 1 other like this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#10 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

Except that they weren't really doing anything, while Kakashi was. 

... Yup... Not much to say other than exaggeration is one of my weaknesses...

That was also kinda my only real problem with the whole Kakuzu-fight... It once again shat on the members on the Konoha 11.

Chouji could have been way more useful, as even Kakuzu would have problems, if Chouji had used the pills he ate in the Jirobo-fight.

Ino... Well, she isn't very strong and I also find her ability to switch body very weak in this scenario, as Kakuzu's hearts could simply destroy her, when she was unconscious... But I mean, she's got to have other tricks up her sleeve, right?

But no... Kishi just likes taking dumps on the poor supporting cast.

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#11 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

Well I can't talk about just one.

4085242-1231555301-tumbl.gif

Of course, it could be no one else except him: Itachi Uchiha. Smart, tactical, thoughtful, and powerful. At the end of it all, despite everything he did and the fact that he'd be remembered as one of the worst traitors in history, he did his job and remained loyal to his village, saving the entire shinobi world. With all the flashy techniques, that even he was subject to use, there were very few characters in this story that I felt embodied what it actually meant to be a ninja. Itachi was one of them. 

tumblr_lqc118WvSS1r0l7l3o1_400.gif

One of the most highly respected ninja in Konoha, and he viewed himself as a failure. His teacher and his pupils died, his best friend betrayed him, and he was never able to earn the affection of the woman he loved. Yet despite it all he kept moving forward and did what he could to honor those that came before him, while passing on his teachings to the next generation. Someone who comes off as such a jokester at the start, yet ended up being one of the few to truly wonder and think about the world around him. This man was amazing.

tumblr_mqk174N03N1r60ay5o1_500.gif

With everyone else I feel that he's somewhat out of place, but at the end of the day there's something to be said for a character just being awesome because he is. On top of that, he also wasn't dumb. He came up with a plan that manipulated the entire shinobi world for generations, even after he'd died, and when he returned to life he immediately took control of a chaotic situation. While many didn't like how powerful he was, I felt it was a nice touch to see him as something of a callback to a more violent and brutal time.

guy.gif

"Thanks for cheering!"

My man.  B) This list would be incomplete, could not possibly exist, without him. I've said it before, Gai was one of the few characters that didn't change throughout the entire story, and he's better for it. There are no mistakes, no contradictions or justifications with him. He is exactly who we were presented with at the story's start, and is all the better for it. His fight with Madara remains the best part of the final arc in my opinion. His devotion to his students and sheer committment to his techniques was just inspiring.

Edited by Ace1225, 29 April 2015 - 08:23 PM.

• Tokoya, OP Eyes FTW, Doan and 3 others like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#12 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

Tobirama 

• Mimato likes this

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#13 SlumLordCat777

SlumLordCat777

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:25 PM

kinkaku and ginkaku

• SilverWolf442 and Mimato like this

#14 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

http://static.tumblr.com/czqviyc/Y3dm2r4...

"Thanks for cheering!"

My man.  B) This list would be incomplete, could not possibly exist, with him. I've said it before, Gai was one of the few characters that didn't change throughout the entire story, and he's better for it. There are no mistakes, no contradictions or justifications with him. He is exactly who we were presented with at the story's start, and is all the better for it. His fight with Madara remains the best part of the final arc in my opinion. His devotion to his students and sheer committment to his techniques was just inspiring.

This.

Guy was the most awesome character in Naruto next to Rock Lee. In the final fight I was so hyped when he opened the 8th gate and kicked Madara's ass around. Honestly, I felt he should of died when he gave the final lethal blow to Madara, would of fit the whole "next generation" Will of Fire thing. Rock Lee would of evolved more as a character if his sensei died a noble death like that. Dying with fiery youth in his heart, a great way to end a Guy's life

• Mimato likes this

#15 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

this is probably going to be the least likely answer here, but: my favorite is and always has been Naruto. theres a bizarre sincerity to the way kishi writes him that touches my heart in the cheesiest of cheesy ways.
  • EZ Rider and Mimato like this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#16 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:51 PM

Kakashi and Itachi, both are smart, cool and badass. &nbsp;Though Kakashi gets the slight edge cuz I like his personality - his rivalry with Gai is hilarious - and his design more, his design btw is one of the first things that hooked me onto this manga.

Edited by Baks, 29 April 2015 - 09:57 PM.

• Mimato likes this

#17 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

http://static.tumblr.com/czqviyc/Y3dm2r4...

"Thanks for cheering!"

My man.  B) This list would be incomplete, could not possibly exist, without him. I've said it before, Gai was one of the few characters that didn't change throughout the entire story, and he's better for it. There are no mistakes, no contradictions or justifications with him. He is exactly who we were presented with at the story's start, and is all the better for it. His fight with Madara remains the best part of the final arc in my opinion. His devotion to his students and sheer committment to his techniques was just inspiring.

This.

Guy was the most awesome character in Naruto next to Rock Lee. In the final fight I was so hyped when he opened the 8th gate and kicked Madara's ass around. Honestly, I felt he should of died when he gave the final lethal blow to Madara, would of fit the whole "next generation" Will of Fire thing. Rock Lee would of evolved more as a character if his sensei died a noble death like that. Dying with fiery youth in his heart, a great way to end a Guy's life

Agree with these guys. Gai.

As shitty as the final arc was, Kishi probably could have salvaged it even once it reached Gai vs. Godara. Who better than the series' resident "HARD WORK" character to defeat the Big Bad? Everything else that ended up happening with NaruSasu could have still played out, just with minor tweaks (Sasuke completes Mugen Tsukuyomi on his own, Kaguya suddenly pops up out of nowhere and does it herself, whatever).

I still call bullshit on the "ending" Gai received.

• Mimato likes this

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#18 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:39 AM

the best thing that came out of the guy was the message he send s to everyone. train hard, work out every day, and someday you can kick god in the face.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#19 Gazhead

Gazhead

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLao G

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:30 AM

Hidan the psychotic acolyte. Was a truly fearsome opponent due to immortality and ability to OHKO, not the strongest character but extremely entertaining with a sadistic philosophy of life articulated in the most colorful language.

I wish he had returned at the end when everyone else did.

• Fenrix likes this

#20 Mimato

Mimato

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOtaku Castle

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

We already have this thread, I think (or a top5 one)

Anw, Itachi all the way.

Opps. XP

Itachi is one of my favorites as well!

Shikamaru all the way. Probably the most human characters out of the lot (besides his next level brain)

*High five* Heck ya!

ezgif-333474045.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users