230 replies to this topic

#221 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:27 PM

You're pushing the angle as jonin under-performing to say there's no standard for jonin rank. Even though all of the characters that prevailed were performing above the level that would be expected of them and were surpassing their limits.

:mellow:

No, All I'm saying is rank isn't an absolute factor in fights.

• Blue22 likes this

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#222 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

:mellow:

No, All I'm saying is rank isn't an absolute factor in fights.

Case in point: We never saw Iruka anywhere on the front lines throughout the series, did we? He's a Chunin but I'm willing to bet almost all of his students outclassed him as soon as they got out of the academy :P

#223 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

Case in point: We never saw Iruka anywhere on the front lines throughout the series, did we? He's a Chunin but I'm willing to bet almost all of his students outclassed him as soon as they got out of the academy :P

Did they? lol

He can place people in barriers lol. 

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#224 JDG973

JDG973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon....

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:53 PM

Damn. holeup.png

............so are these feats BS or not?

mpGgikj.jpg

"...Enlightened people are and the rest are becoming. I'm becoming. I'm somewhere between violence and tranquility, or violence and something yet to be decided."

- Vic Sage

Spoiler *Under Construction*

#225 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

Just started 

11 seconds in and it seems like someone has a biased for Sakura. I think this is B.S but I'll stick it out.

lies at

- 2.40 it stated she displayed high levels of intellgence on par with elite Jonin. Her intellegence has actually never onced been a major factor in a fight.

- 3.00 is bullshit Sakura didn't really create a 2nd mind, and the mind transfer justu didn't really work because Ino was exhaused an Naruto distracted Ino

- he also makes it seems like Sakura was on par with Sasori and made the antidote for the poison on the spot.

- another lie he claims Sakura was able to adapt to Sasori puppet on her own. It was because of Chiyo's help she had time enough to anaylze his pattern

- another lie he claimed Sakura fought Sasori with a handicap. That she wasn't using all her chakra lol 

To much and I was only 4 minutes in.

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#226 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,839 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

Damn. http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xe...

............so are these feats BS or not?

he hype up her feats and down play her weakness.

The biggest problem i have with sakura is her fighting style. She doesn't have one and she doesn't use her brain to compensate the lack of a fighting style.

The guy keeps talking about how smart she is but in no fight in part 2 do we see that. All she does is run up to the person and tries to punch him. They all are train ninjas i bet they call all dodge a straight punch and are able to counter it. If sakura would use genjutus or fight with her brains than she would be a lot stronger but i put her near the bottom of the pack if we are comparing her to the other rookies.

She shouldn't be able to beat any of the close combat fighters.

Shiki

shino

Kiba is hard to tell. It depends if kiba attacks would rip apart sakura's arm or would it be blow away by sakura's punches.

that only leaves ino, choji, and tenten that sakura can beat by herself. 

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#227 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

The thing with Sakura while she is powerful and can regen it can only take her so far.

Look at her other skills 

- Speed awful, she was almost killed by a blind weak Sasuke twice, She got outspeed by Kumoi ninjas, Zestu nearly killed her.

- Taijustu is awful all she can do is rush someone and rely on strength and her healing if you can get around that she is done for.

- Intellengence it hasn't always been that useful in her fights.

- Chakra which is average she has to store Chakra for years just to compete with others.

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#228 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

Assuming the Yin Seal takes actual effort to make (it must, otherwise why couldn't Shizune do it?) The that means Sakura basically had a jutsu active for 3 years to create the seal. That would be her handicap, though a small one. However, she said it was a benefit that she didn't have to divert any chakra to keep a henge jutsu going like Tsunade does. So, I guess relatively minor jutsu can have an effect on chakra capacity.

Other than that, Kishi just seems to dislike women in general. The guys always look cool and are defeated in cool ways even when beaten. On the other hand, Konan was killed with a metal pipe, he drew Karin get taken out by a single kick from Danzo, he drew Sakura getting hit in the face with a rock in the background of the war, and he drew Hinata falling flat on her face while trying to run after Naruto. He put in actual effort to make females look bad. So, Sakura should get bonus points just because the author is biased.

On paper, she seems fine to me. Kishi just decides to make her look bad, probably because he thinks she is bad.

Same way he just decided not to spend any time on the Byakugan at any point in Shippuden and then just threw it back in as an after-thought when he was whoring out the franchise with Kaguya and the Otsutsuki. Even after doing that, he gives the Otsutsuki aliens the Byakugan as if he's trying to make up for ignoring it, but then never has them use it to do anything. At all. They might as well just not have it.

He tries to make up for some of his shortcomings in the story to please fans, but half-asses it and just makes contradictory situations where one scene makes someone/something look really cool and then another scene makes it look stupidly useless or incompetent.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#229 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,414 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:27 AM

Other than that, Kishi just seems to dislike women in general. The guys always look cool and are defeated in cool ways even when beaten. On the other hand, Konan was killed with a metal pipe, he drew Karin get taken out by a single kick from Danzo, he drew Sakura getting hit in the face with a rock in the background of the war, and he drew Hinata falling flat on her face while trying to run after Naruto. He put in actual effort to make females look bad. So, Sakura should get bonus points just because the author is biased.

While Jiraiya didn't die from it, he was critically wounded by pipes as well. Also she was off screened after nearly soloing Obito. Karin isn't much of a fighter, so it'd be a better question to ask why so many women end up in the support role. Wasn't Hinata exhausted or desperate? Naruto tripped on a rock as well.
  • Five-Tailed-Fenrir likes this

#230 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

While Jiraiya didn't die from it, he was critically wounded by pipes as well. Also she was off screened after nearly soloing Obito. Karin isn't much of a fighter, so it'd be a better question to ask why so many women end up in the support role. Wasn't Hinata exhausted or desperate? Naruto tripped on a rock as well.

The Adamantine Attack Chains were a hiden jutsu of the Uzumaki clan, not a kkg. Which means, when she used it on Tobi, she used it because she had learned to perform the jutsu, not because a sudden change in her chakra nature brought it out.

So, despite being useless and a non-combatant since she was introduced, she knows a high skill level, mid-to-long range jutsu?

You might think Kishi just threw it in because he felt bad at the last minute, but she was the sole warden of one of Orochimaru's test subject prisons and she was praised for being able to keep the prison under control all on her own. Obviously, just knowing where the prisoner has run to doesn't recapture them. She had to have some ability to restrain or put down any person she tracked with her jutsu.

So, her whole character just doesn't make sense. She is a fighter, based on her enraged reaction to Sasuke's chakra disappearing. Kishi forgot what he made her for....almost immediately after making her.

It doesn't matter if she was tired or not. He could have drawn her without the strength to run, but instead he just drew her doing something embarrassing. Completely unnecessary. That is how he characterizes her, not just as a side character with little importance, but as a clumsy and ungraceful person as well. Which is at odds with the manga full of ninja who always land on their feet and always escape an explosion unharmed even when we saw the bomb already exploding with them right next to it.

• waleuska and retroluffy13 like this

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#231 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

the fact that this thread is forever stuck at part thirteen is symbolic of my great victory here.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users