#41 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,666 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

Everybody is so hyped about Depay and we here in Holland are just hoping he doesn't fuck up

I've seen comments about him being the next Hazard (or even Ronaldo). :lmao:

#42 Gazhead

Gazhead

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • LocationLao G

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

I've seen comments about him being the next Hazard (or even Ronaldo). :lmao:

sooo inaccurate? ive only seen his highlights packages for what little thats worth. wasnt overly impressed...

is he what United needs though?

#43 CuChulainn

CuChulainn

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationGwlad Pwyl

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:18 AM

is he what United needs though?

Sometimes it feels that clubs buy players only so that other teams won't have them.

#44 Black Dranzer

Black Dranzer

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationThe Heart

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:28 AM

United's right wing attack has been pretty much non-existent for quite some time now. Depay could go there, although he normally plays on the left wing despite being right-footed. If LVG chooses to play him on the left tho, then one or maybe even both of Di Maria and Januzaj may seek options elsewhere coz there's already Ashley Young who's playing ahead of them.

Regardless of who stays or not, imo LVG needs to get over this fixation with possession and give a bit more freedom to flair players if he wants to get the best out of them. Players like Di Maria, Depay etc are match-winners when on song and the possession game (read side-ways passes) is not gonna help them or the team.

#45 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,186 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

I wonder what Beckbauer has to say though. After these types of matches he usually is pretty bashfull.

He threw Gotze under the bus.

Sometimes it feels that clubs buy players only so that other teams won't have them.

Sometimes, yes, but in this case, he's Dutch and LvG wants those Dutch buys.

ilhd1c.jpg

#46 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

QPR aren't even putting up a fight and are just a goal difference increase for City, Aguero surely wins the golden boot now.

53815365.gif

#47 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

CEpySWlW8AAN2FE.jpg

1-0 Terry

ilhd1c.jpg

#48 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

@FrostyMouse

I'm sure you've heard from the grapevine that Pep's coming to England to manage City next season?

The rumors have been steadily growing for the past few days or so, & I'm inclined to believe there is a real possibility of it happening (did you hear Mourinho cryptically speaking about it in the press conference?).

With Bayern losing their 4th match in a row, & with the impending 2nd leg against Barca, I think the decision could be made as soon as the latter's done & dusted.

yjEhBS7.png

#49 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

Great Tennis from Murray today in beating Nadal.

• Nmaan likes this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#50 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

@FrostyMouse

I'm sure you've heard from the grapevine that Pep's coming to England to manage City next season?

The rumors have been steadily growing for the past few days or so, & I'm inclined to believe there is a real possibility of it happening (did you hear Mourinho cryptically speaking about it in the press conference?).

With Bayern losing their 4th match in a row, & with the impending 2nd leg against Barca, I think the decision could be made as soon as the latter's done & dusted.

I have heard those rumors, and we all know that the Bayern hierarchy and players aren't happy with how the last two seasons have ended (we're just going to assume that they don't overturn the deficit against Barca).

I didn't see the second half of the match today, plus I missed the post-match press conference/interview.  I just catch the major sound bytes of Mourinho's pre-match press conferences and didn't see anything about Pep there.

Pep would reunite with a lot of the old Barca hierarchy who moved to City, but why would Pep want to go to an aging side with limited financial resources and squad size due to FFP sanctions?

ilhd1c.jpg

#51 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

I have heard those rumors, and we all know that the Bayern hierarchy and players aren't happy with how the last two seasons have ended (we're just going to assume that they don't overturn the deficit against Barca).

I didn't see the second half of the match today, plus I missed the post-match press conference/interview.  I just catch the major sound bytes of Mourinho's pre-match press conferences and didn't see anything about Pep there.

Pep would reunite with a lot of the old Barca hierarchy who moved to City, but why would Pep want to go to an aging side with limited financial resources and squad size due to FFP sanctions?

They're already saying he has lost the dressing room.

No, it was from last week's post-match interview, after Chelsea clinched the title. His first line was virtually him saying how he went about choosing a difficult league to win the title, & he touched on the subject at the end again. It was picked up by a few analysts, who wondered why Mourinho would bring that subject up, & concluded it could be a possible swipe at Pep (we all know the history between them), & perhaps he has heard something significant in the grapevine.

The interview: http://www.espnfcasi...easier-division

This morning, Didi Hamann had this to say:

"A well-informed source sent me a text message saying that Man City talked to Pep Guardiola two months ago and he said no.

"In the meantime there are new well-progressed negotiations going on."

“There is nothing signed yet but it is likely – in fact, extremely plausible – that Pep will be at Manchester City next season.”

We all know how Pep's style of management is - its his way or the highway - and if he feels Bayern aren't worth staying another season for (he's strangely on a rolling contract for a top coach), he would move on in a heartbeat.

You do have a point there about City's current squad & FFP restrictions (PSG are hampered by it, too), so it makes Pep's choice (if he does leave Bayern) a bit puzzling.

yjEhBS7.png

#52 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

They're already saying he has lost the dressing room.

No, it was from last week's post-match interview, after Chelsea clinched the title. His first line was virtually him saying how he went about choosing a difficult league to win the title, & he touched on the subject at the end again. It was picked up by a few analysts, who wondered why Mourinho would bring that subject up, & concluded it could be a possible swipe at Pep (we all know the history between them), & perhaps he has heard something significant in the grapevine.

The interview: http://www.espnfcasi...easier-division

This morning, Didi Hamann had this to say:

"A well-informed source sent me a text message saying that Man City talked to Pep Guardiola two months ago and he said no.

"In the meantime there are new well-progressed negotiations going on."

“There is nothing signed yet but it is likely – in fact, extremely plausible – that Pep will be at Manchester City next season.”

We all know how Pep's style of management is - its his way or the highway - and if he feels Bayern aren't worth staying another season for (he's strangely on a rolling contract for a top coach), he would move on in a heartbeat.

You do have a point there about City's current squad & FFP restrictions (PSG are hampered by it, too), so it makes Pep's choice (if he does leave Bayern) a bit puzzling.

Ah, last week's.  I only watched the first part.

I saw Hamann's comment, but I figured it was just him posturing and getting his name in the media.

Kroos left because he wasn't happy with Pep.  We can see that Muller certainly isn't happy with Pep.

Yeah, it's not like Pep can immediately fix their finances and a lot of their players aren't exactly good sales due to a combination of age or underperforming.  City don't have legitimate revenue because their stadium's not full to capacity and they don't have real sponsorships, plus their kit deal isn't good.

ilhd1c.jpg

#53 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

Thank goodness for goal-line technology!

There is hope for 3rd place, after all.

See you at OT this Sunday, Straw. B)

yjEhBS7.png

#54 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

Tom Brady suspended for the first four games.

Damn.

• tenchu likes this

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#55 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,186 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:07 AM

Tom Brady suspended for the first four games.

Damn.

How come?

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#56 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:29 AM

Thank goodness for goal-line technology!

There is hope for 3rd place, after all.

See you at OT this Sunday, Straw. B)

Even if we lose at OT we are still finishing third, still got Sunderland game in hand.

53815365.gif

#57 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

Even if we lose at OT we are still finishing third, still got Sunderland game in hand.

Sunderland AND West Brom (whom would want to end on a high & finish in the top 10, if possible).

And you seriously think the former would be pushovers, given their current placing in the table? They'll be fighting for their careers. After losing to Swansea, & should you guys stumble at OT this coming Sunday, I wouldn't exactly rule out a mini-crisis setting in.

The way I see it, you guys are desperate for the 4th place trophy & aren't willing to relinquish it without a fight. :D

How come?

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Deflategate

yjEhBS7.png

#58 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,186 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:32 AM

Sunderland AND West Brom (whom would want to end on a high & finish in the top 10, if possible).

And you seriously think the former would be pushovers, given their current placing in the table? They'll be fighting for their careers. After losing to Swansea, & should you guys stumble at OT this coming Sunday, I wouldn't exactly rule out a mini-crisis setting in.

The way I see it, you guys are desperate for the 4th place trophy & aren't willing to relinquish it without a fight. :D

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Deflategate

I know about the Deflate thing but I mean why is Brady being punished for it?

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#59 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Seriously, you should read about it on ESPN & make your own judgment. :)

yjEhBS7.png

#60 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

I disappear for a while and this place dies. Well I'm back now my people.

Because he was considered to be "generally aware" of the situation.

In other news. Murray beat Nadal on clay, I was not expecting that.

In other, other news. I'm not too bothered about Depay, I'm sure he'd be a good addition to our team but I don't think that he should have been a priority target. United needed a winger more than we do.

For me I'd like to see Rodgers bring in experience as well as quality.

I'd like to see Gignac brought in to complement a Aubameyang type player. If we pull that even without Aubameyang or Bacca or Lacazette, with Ings Origi and Studge as well as Gignac I'd be a little more confident in our strike force ideally though one of those three to come in as well though that is quite unlikely.

In midfield I'd like to see Milner and Nainggolan come in

For RB either Cresswell or Alderweireld 

For GK either Handanovic or Begovic (since he's going to move)

For a "marquee" type signing I'd like to see Pedro he's unsettled but still scores plenty.

With that I'd be fairly confident in snagging a top 4 spot.

• Tokoya likes this

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

Number 2

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users