HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#42 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

You'd think that with the dragging that Iron Fist is getting for a white lead for an Asian character, you'd think Hollywood would learn its lesson but no :glare:

5.jpg

#43 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

You'd think that with the dragging that Iron Fist is getting for a white lead for an Asian character, you'd think Hollywood would learn its lesson but no :glare:

dragging cause of a poor writing and direction not cause of getting a white actor. 

So long as they don't call him Light Yagami I will be happy with the casting. (Seriously don't be that dumb)

• KUROkami likes this

#44 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

https://youtu.be/1WGWX0Xj0jg
guys we need potato chips in this adaptation :-P

#45 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

I'm scared to press play

dragging cause of a poor writing and direction not cause of getting a white actor.

So long as they don't call him Light Yagami I will be happy with the casting. (Seriously don't be that dumb)

Yeah this may just be an original story within the DN universe which I'm cool with. If he does end up being Light....well...someone needs to die
  • Tokoya and secretzfan like this

#46 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

I'm scared to press play

Yeah this may just be an original story within the DN universe which I'm cool with. If he does end up being Light....well...someone needs to die

time to get your Death Notes prepared; -)
  • KUROkami likes this

#47 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

Just finished Yu-Gi-Oh on Netflix (Which only goes up to halfway through the Battle City Finals  :<_<: ) and decided that i'd rewatch Death Note next, since it popped up on my list of suggestions. Finished the first episode and I have to say i'd forgotten just how strong of a start this series has. You get an interesting premise from the jump. Typical teenage protagonist is intelligent, has a strong sense of justice, is bored with his life, and thinks the world around him is rotten. He gets an all powerful notebook that allows him to kill anyone he wants, thereby giving him the ability to take action against what he see's as the problems in the world. This really is a great break away from the typical shonen hero and high school settings in anime.

• trafalgarlawisop likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#48 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

The brilliant twist is that the "protagonist" is actually the villain and the real protagonist is introduced later. You don't see many stories do that and was absolutely genius. In Bakuman, the authors described themselves as detective story tellers and were able to match the shonen genre by having two characters going at each other intellectually where finding the other's name and catching the killer in the act were simple rules and yet had an incredible amount of plays.

However, this manga is so messed up and depressive. L has probably one of the best character designs and I love his personality.

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 29 March 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#49 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

I'd say Light remains the protagonist, meaning the main character, throughout the entire work. He's just not the hero at any point during the story, which is what separates him from the traditional shonen protagonist like Naruto, who is both the main character and the hero. And while this becomes clear over time, it's definitely not clear within the first episode.

L and Light were perfect character creations though, in terms of design, personality, and in how they complemented each other. They're so perfect for one another in fact that the story suffers once one of them, L, isn't around anymore, because the entire conflict is their conflict.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#50 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

"Why do you always pay such close attention to your watch?"

tumblr_nbcmdzD1jN1tjmdjdo8_500.gif

-I-m-Kira-death-note-38043508-500-260.gi

This boy Light though! I'd honestly forgetten just how ruthless this scene really is. Excellent example of his ability to think quickly on his feet, to improvise, and to manipulate people all rolled up into one. This is by far one of the coldest moments in the show! Dude looks Ray Penbder's fiance right in her eyes as he reveals who he is, knowing she can't do anything about it because he just wrote her name in the Death Note, forcing her to go commit suicide. Cold as ice!

#51 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

This looks painful...

https://twitter.com/...986539548246016

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#52 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,333 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

This looks painful...

https://twitter.com/...986539548246016

Is this the original manga

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#53 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

Is this the original manga

Looks like it's being put into a single book.

The questions though is this an early April Fool's joke or legit....

• Tokoya likes this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#54 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,333 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

Looks like it's being put into a single book.

The questions though is this an early April Fool's joke or legit....

I forgot what tomorrow is lol....I'm willing to bet that it is lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#55 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:45 PM

You could effectively use that as a Death Note by dropping it on someones head from some height.

#56 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

I forgot what tomorrow is lol....I'm willing to bet that it is lol

If My Hero Academia isn't then neither is this

#57 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

So I'm boycotting this movie, I heard they bareed any asian actors from auditioning.

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#58 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

So I'm boycotting this movie, I heard they bareed any asian actors from auditioning.

Did they do that categorically or because they didn't like any of them?

#59 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,333 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

Did they do that categorically or because they didn't like any of them?

They just told this one guy that auditioned for Light that they weren't casting an Asian to play that character

I find it ironic how there arent that much people are complaining that the real best character in this series isn't Asian

Edited by Tokoya, 01 April 2017 - 03:17 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#60 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

They just told this one guy that auditioned for Light that they weren't casting an Asian to play that character

I find it ironic how there arent that much people are complaining that the real best character in this series isn't Asian

There is plenty of complaining.

Have you been on Twitter latley?

Edited by secretzfan, 01 April 2017 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users