274 replies to this topic

#261 MRIII

MRIII

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

No way Sasuke's coma was a few days. Remember, it was Tsunade who brought him out of it, and it took a while for Naruto and Jiraiya to find her.

Like I and others said, Sasuke hasn't really changed at all, so him not being there for his daughter makes a fair amount of sense.

Gaara, Nagato, and Sasuke all had it pretty damn bad no matter how you look at 

thats why i said it had to be a week and a few days max as it didnt take naruto his full week to learn rasengan IIRC.

#IceBearForPresident

Ice Bear Approves

#262 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

But he isn't

Happy thoughts, people. 

Let's talk about why Kishi wrote Naruto to be a lot more likeable here than in Part 2.

Naruto is hardly more likeable in part 2 - he is still annoying with this child of destiny bull and general gayness for Sasuke that Kishi is trying to forcefeed his readers.

• waleuska likes this

#263 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

thats why i said it had to be a week and a few days max as it didnt take naruto his full week to learn rasengan IIRC.

Naruto did spend the full week training, which was when Tsunade went to meet with Orochimaru, and he showcased the finished technique there.

I'd say Sasuke was in a come for a few weeks to a month.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#264 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:23 PM

Gaara, Nagato, and Sasuke all had it pretty damn bad no matter how you look at it.

Some worse than others  :meh:

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#265 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
  • Locationyour broad

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

But he isn't

Naruto is hardly more likeable in part 2 - he is still annoying with this child of destiny bull and general gayness for Sasuke that Kishi is trying to forcefeed his readers.

So being gay is a bad thing ?

noneofmybusiness.jpg

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#266 Rook

Rook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:44 PM

RAW chapter 4.

http://www.mangahead...mthumbnail=true

#267 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:44 AM

Where can I order a black cloak like Sasuke's? I don't mean cosplay, I mean just every day clothing. Id rock that

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#268 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:02 AM

So what if he had a tragic past, Retro - so have had lots of other characters. The bottom line is Sasuke choose to be evil when the crunch time came each and every time cuz of his selfishness.

So having a tragic past doesn't have an impact an said individual ? Whether it's a positive or negative impact , their character will change. In Sauskes case it was negative..I mean he did come home to his whole family murdered and saw his brother over his parents corpse with a kunai. How old was he at that time ? Yeah I would say he's had significant damage to his psyche , and the manipulation by others damaged him further , in short Sauske didn't really know who he was he thought he was living his own life but in reality it was the will of others. I also think that he shouldn't be absolved of all his crimes over the years , Konoha handled the situation well in my opinion in Chap 699.

Where can I order a black cloak like Sasuke's? I don't mean cosplay, I mean just every day clothing. Id rock that

I would so wear that also haha

Edited by KUROkami, 27 May 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#269 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

Some worse than others  :meh:

Comparing is pointless. Sasuke had his family slaughtered before his eyes by his older brother, and had to live alone. Gaara had his father trying to slaughter him and the rest of the village treating him as an outcast (On top of that business with his uncle) And Nagato also saw his family slaughtered before his eyes, similar to Sasuke found a new "family" with his team, Akatsuki, and then had that wripped away from him as well. Each of them knows similar pain and I wouldn't say any of them has had a worse life than the other. They're all at the exact same level as far as i'm concerned. Then you have people like Naruto, being on a lower tier.

• KUROkami likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#270 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:43 AM

Comparing is pointless. Sasuke had his family slaughtered before his eyes by his older brother, and had to live alone. Gaara had his father trying to slaughter him and the rest of the village treating him as an outcast (On top of that business with his uncle) And Nagato also saw his family slaughtered before his eyes, similar to Sasuke found a new "family" with his team, Akatsuki, and then had that wripped away from him as well. Each of them knows similar pain and I wouldn't say any of them has had a worse life than the other. They're all at the exact same level as far as i'm concerned. Then you have people like Naruto, being on a lower tier.

Gaara had it the worst. Nagato should have been able to grow up to understand what really happened at his house. It was an accident caused by his own parents. The shinobi were even regretful afterwards. 

Sasuke's initial trauma was between those two things in intensity, but he chose to give up on Team 7 to pursue his revenge. He didn't need to give up on them to get stronger, but he decided to anyway. So, you can't file that under his team being taken away from him. They actively tried to get him back.

• Blue22 likes this

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#271 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

Gaara had it the worst. Nagato should have been able to grow up to understand what really happened at his house. It was an accident caused by his own parents. The shinobi were even regretful afterwards. 

Sasuke's initial trauma was between those two things in intensity, but he chose to give up on Team 7 to pursue his revenge. He didn't need to give up on them to get stronger, but he decided to anyway. So, you can't file that under his team being taken away from him. They actively tried to get him back.

Nagato had to live with having seen his parents murdered in front of him regardless of what the reasons were. That trauma isn't going to disappear. He then had to deal with near starvation on a constant basis, downright horrible weather, and as we saw in his flashbacks living right on the edge of a battlefield where death was a constant presence. His team/family then being taken from him later, after he'd decided to do everything he could to protect him, would've just been icing on top of a crappy life cake.

I wasn't saying Sasuke had his team taken away from him. I'm saying that he was similar to Nagato in that he found a team that became like his family.

I again don't think there's any way to say who had it the worst, or that it's even appropriate to compare. They all had it bad and had credible reasons for turning out the way they did, unlike Obito. His was the one thing in this story that I can say was an overreaction to what happened to him, based on the situation itself and his status within the story.

#272 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

war is just the world in its natural state, without governments to keep shit in check.

Sasuke got plenty of war in his lifetime as well.

Edited by retroluffy13, 27 May 2015 - 09:01 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#273 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:19 PM

lol

If you could just grow out of these things, they wouldn't exactly be "traumatic" now would they.

• KUROkami likes this

#274 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:25 AM

Shin's father has the organisation terrorize people. The storyline has the darkness inside the light.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#275 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

I wasn't saying Sasuke had his team taken away from him. I'm saying that he was similar to Nagato in that he found a team that became like his family.

He found TWO teams that became like his family....and then promptly turned his back on both of them....only for every member of both teams to come crawling back.

Edited by Blue22, 28 May 2015 - 09:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users