#541 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:33 PM

The final chapter would be the one where IchiHime and RukiRenji were revealed, where we met the children of both couples, where we see Ichigo take over the Kurosaki Clinic, where we see Chad has become a famous wrestler, and where we learn Uryu has become a doctor at his father's hospital.

So, that's great, but that has nothing to do with the plot points Kubo started or dropped anywhere between the first chapter and the last chapter. We pretty much just know Kubo never planned for Ichigo and Rukia to marry based on comparing those chapters.

He actually did go over how he used to have infrequent bouts sickness that became so frequent that not even a week in bed helped him recover. He said his sickness was so severe and lengthy that it made him under-perform in regards to quality and timeliness. He said it made him feel like a failure of a mangaka. So, yes, he was sicker than he was before and it was interfering with his ability to work.

By the way, you say "cold" as if that proves it was minor. Seasonal allergies can knock some people on their ass and the flu kills people, in America, every year. What you experience when you get a cold is not the same as how everyone else's body reacts.

There were two breaks during the 1000 Year Blood War arc I can remember. The break where The Dagger was released that summarized the arc so far and then the break before the last stretch of the manga. IIRC, the second break was when The Separation Story was teased. Those breaks would be opportunities for him to rest in addition to the double issues he mentioned where he would get a week off.

The tweet doesn't plainly state why the manga stopped early. Likely because it would be viewed as unprofessional for him to discuss this publicly.

Though, you have to ask why he would mention his sickness at all, let alone with such detail, if it had nothing to do with the manga or its end.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#542 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:37 PM

The final chapter would be the one where IchiHime and RukiRenji were revealed, where we met the children of both couples, where we see Ichigo take over the Kurosaki Clinic, where we see Chad has become a famous wrestler, and where we learn Uryu has become a doctor at his father's hospital.

So, that's great, but that has nothing to do with the plot points Kubo started or dropped anywhere between the first chapter and the last chapter. We pretty much just know Kubo never planned for Ichigo and Rukia to marry based on comparing those chapters.

And that's just your assumption, not a definite one. There is no evidence saying that IchiHime and RukiRenji is only plan which Kubo had since chapter 1. Nobody exactly know how much Kubo actually planned on the final chapter. Heck, there is still high possibility on Jump axed Bleach because of low ranking (and many people are still very well of that). There is no actual evidence saying that his health issue in ONLY reason.

He actually did go over how he used to have infrequent bouts sickness that became so frequent that not even a week in bed helped him recover. He said his sickness was so severe and lengthy that it made him under-perform in regards to quality and timeliness. He said it made him feel like a failure of a mangaka. So, yes, he was sicker than he was before and it was interfering with his ability to work.

By the way, you say "cold" as if that proves it was minor. Seasonal allergies can knock some people on their ass and the flu kills people, in America, every year. What you experience when you get a cold is not the same as how everyone else's body reacts.

There were two breaks during the 1000 Year Blood War arc I can remember. The break where The Dagger was released that summarized the arc so far and then the break before the last stretch of the manga. IIRC, the second break was when The Separation Story was teased. Those breaks would be opportunities for him to rest in addition to the double issues he mentioned where he would get a week off.

And do you think other authors don't get sick as well? Many other authors do get sick, like Sorachi and Kishimoto took absent because of illness. And I'm not just talking about like taking one or two absents in every couple of years (I checked and Kubo very, very, very, very, very, and very rarely take break (this trend still continues even during the final arc, as well)). If you saying that just taking one or two absents is a sign of author is having very serious illness which going to impact on the series' fate, then are you also suggesting that Gintama and Naruto ended (and going to end) because of the author's poor health. Just taking one or two absents within couple of years isn't a sign of the author having serious illness.

Since you're saying Kubo should had serious illness, then do you, honestly, think these serious illness can be healed like within a week or two? I doubt that.

Hoshino took couple of long hiatuses because of her illness on the neck; Togashi took long break because of his back issue; Inada Kouji took like 10 years break of his serious illness (never explained what kind); Morita Masanori took hiatus due to poor health even near the end of the series; and now, Ashihara started to take indefinite break now because of spondylotic radiculopathy.  Do you think those authors' illness are serious enough to deserve long break? If you think Kubo is experiencing same illness as them, then why not Kubo getting a hiatus? Isn't Kubo's illness serious enough to impact on the series' fate, itself? Are you suggesting that WSJ editors don't like Kubo and forcing him to keep serializing it?

So far, Kubo didn't get like very frequent (like actually getting absents every couple of weeks like Ashihara) and I don't see his illness being as serious as those people. I do understand that he did have poor health condition, but it isn't actually serious enough for Bleach to have sudden ending. If it was truly about his health, then the editors should made him put rest, not forcing him to do work, like those authors.

The tweet doesn't plainly state why the manga stopped early. Likely because it would be viewed as unprofessional for him to discuss this publicly.

Though, you have to ask why he would mention his sickness at all, let alone with such detail, if it had nothing to do with the manga or its end.

Firstly, that is just your perception about discussing the series' end is unprofessional. There are many authors who explained why they decided to end the manga. And I didn't see any criticisms on that issue. Plus, we don't know if Kubo think this is unprofessional since he never made any comments relate to that. So, we can't just conclude Kubo may think that way.

As I said before, the main reason for this short manga is to say thank to that fan who brought great support to him. Since he put up in his twitter means that he want to share his experience and appreciation to many people. He wanted to fully show what kind of difficult situation he was and how this fan supported him to overcome his struggle.

Do you actually expected Kubo to just release the photo of those letter and just end with it? And do you think it was just waste of time putting the material? You think that material is unneeded in order to explain why he able to overcome his struggle?

Remember, this "appreciation manga" (that's what Kubo wrote) is fully dedicated for that fan, not to us. He put it up on the twitter in order to get more information of that fan and able to give it to the fan's grave. And do you think Kubo needed to explain why he ended that way to the fan?

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 17 November 2016 - 10:48 PM.

#543 grimmjow16

grimmjow16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

And that's just your assumption, not a definite one. There is no evidence saying that IchiHime and RukiRenji is only plan which Kubo had since chapter 1. Nobody exactly know how much Kubo actually planned on the final chapter. Heck, there is still high possibility on Jump axed Bleach because of low ranking (and many people are still very well of that). There is no actual evidence saying that his health issue in ONLY reason.

And do you think other authors don't get sick as well? Many other authors do get sick, like Sorachi and Kishimoto took absent because of illness. And I'm not just talking about like taking one or two absents in every couple of years (I checked and Kubo very, very, very, very, very, and very rarely take break (this trend still continues even during the final arc, as well)).

Since you're saying Kubo should had serious illness, then do you, honestly, think these serious illness can be healed like within a week or two? I doubt that.

Hoshino took couple of long hiatuses because of her illness on the neck; Togashi took long break because of his back issue; Inada Kouji took like 10 years break of his serious illness (never explained what kind); and now, Ashihara started to take indefinite break now because of spondylotic radiculopathy.  Do you think those authors' illness are serious enough to deserve long break? If you think Kubo is experiencing same illness as them, then why not Kubo getting a hiatus? Isn't Kubo's illness serious enough to impact on the series' fate, itself? Are you suggesting that WSJ editors don't like Kubo and forcing him to keep serializing it?

So far, Kubo didn't get like very frequent (like actually getting absents every couple of weeks like Ashihara) and I don't see his illness being as serious as those people. I do understand that he did have poor health condition, but it isn't actually serious enough for Bleach to have sudden ending. If it was truly about his health, then the editors should made him put rest, not forcing him to do work, like those authors.

Firstly, that is just your perception about discussing the series' end is unprofessional. There are many authors who explained why they decided to end the manga. And I didn't see any criticisms on that issue. Plus, we don't know if Kubo think this is unprofessional since he never made any comments relate to that. So, we can't just conclude Kubo may think that way.

As I said before, the main reason for this short manga is to say thank to that fan who brought great support to him. Since he put up in his twitter means that he want to share his experience and appreciation to many people. He wanted to fully show what kind of difficult situation he was and how this fan supported him to overcome his struggle.

Do you actually expected Kubo to just release the photo of those letter and just end with it? And do you think it was just waste of time putting the material? You think that material is unneeded in order to explain why he able to overcome his struggle?

Remember, this "appreciation manga" (that's what Kubo wrote) is fully dedicated for that fan, not to us. He put it up on the twitter in order to get more information of that fan and able to give it to the fan's grave. And do you think Kubo needed to explain why he ended that way to the fan?

First off, mad respect to Kubo.

I know we constantly criticized Bleach here and now I feel kinda bad about it, but props to him and I really do hope he finds that little boy's family.

Secondly, whether or not there illnesses were serious enough to warrant a hiatus is not the point. In the tweet Kubo says he felt as though he was failing as a mangaka because of his health issues. That doesn't at all sound like Jump was forcing him to serialize, rather he forced himself to put out content each week. It sounds as though he was horribly misdiagnosed by his doctor and could have avoided a lot of this with a second or third opinion and I really hope he's doing well now.

• KittyGoesMeowMeow and Chillman like this

All Hail Samoan Jesus

wpr_roman_reigns_signature_by_thexrealxb

Spoiler

#544 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

Secondly, whether or not there illnesses were serious enough to warrant a hiatus is not the point. In the tweet Kubo says he felt as though he was failing as a mangaka because of his health issues. That doesn't at all sound like Jump was forcing him to serialize, rather he forced himself to put out content each week. It sounds as though he was horribly misdiagnosed by his doctor and could have avoided a lot of this with a second or third opinion and I really hope he's doing well now.

And you forgot that because of his illness, Kubo actually considered to end the series like in the middle of the final arc. Which means Bleach was possibly ended on 2012 if Kubo didn't receive that letter. It wasn't Kubo forced himself to keep going; he was still in the consideration of either end the series or not.

Plus, as I said, there is no absolute evidence for either Kubo was forcing himself or not. That tweet is too vague and we cannot fully understand what Kubo was thinking during that time.

That tweet isn't meant to use it as to explain why Kubo ended Bleach that way. The main purpose is for Kubo to give thank to the fan who brought great strength to him, and wishing to meet with this fan (either through his family/relative/friend/etc).

Can't we just feel touched and grateful about the relationship between Kubo and fan? I don't want to argue on the Bleach's controversial ending issue with this emotional work.

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 17 November 2016 - 11:08 PM.

#545 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:48 PM

Can't we just feel touched and grateful about the relationship between Kubo and fan? I don't want to argue on the Bleach's controversial ending issue with this emotional work.

And yet here we are

#546 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:06 AM

And yet here we are

And you stopped it; so, I'll end with well.

However, just one more thing. Jump often gives some breaks to popular series before they starting either new arc or new part:

- Hikaru no Go had 15 weeks off after its part 1 ended (however he did released several side stories during 15 weeks off, so it basically had 9 weeks off)

- Yu-Gi-Oh had 4 weeks off after Battle City arc ended

- Naruto had 3 weeks off after part 1 ended (there was Kakashi Gaiden mini-series between those 3 weeks off)

- Death Note had 6 weeks off after part 1 ended

- Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo had 4 weeks off after part 1 ended

- One Piece had 4 weeks off after part 1 ended.

So, Bleach's two long breaks on after Lost Agent arc and the middle of the final arc isn't because of Kubo's illness. It is because of Jump gives some break to all of the authors whenever they going to start new arc/part.

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 18 November 2016 - 12:08 AM.

#547 CuChulainn

CuChulainn

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationGwlad Pwyl

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:14 AM

First off, mad respect to Kubo.

I know we constantly criticized Bleach here and now I feel kinda bad about it, but props to him and I really do hope he finds that little boy's family.

Exactly my thoughts. The tweet gives off the feeling that it's as if he thought that he shouldn't take super long hiatuses, that a mangaka should produce quality material in a timely manner.

@Negative Syndicate, bringing up other mangakas here is not the best way to support your arguments. Each person reacts differently ailments, sicknesses, diseases, and so on. I don't know about most of the mangakas that you've mentioned, but Hoshino... the long hiatuses is the reason I dropped DGM. There was no point in reading a story where I had to wait for months before I could read a chapter, or a few of them, and then wait a few months again. After reading that tweet, I feel like Kubo didn't want to do that, he didn't want to disappoint his readers.

And saying "the final chapter looks exactly like I wanted it to look" is not the same as "I ended Bleach the way I wanted to". Just saying.

• grimmjow16 and JDG973 like this

#548 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:02 AM

@Negative Syndicate, bringing up other mangakas here is not the best way to support your arguments. Each person reacts differently ailments, sicknesses, diseases, and so on. I don't know about most of the mangakas that you've mentioned, but Hoshino... the long hiatuses is the reason I dropped DGM. There was no point in reading a story where I had to wait for months before I could read a chapter, or a few of them, and then wait a few months again. After reading that tweet, I feel like Kubo didn't want to do that, he didn't want to disappoint his readers.

It isn't about whether Kubo decides to take break or hiatus; it is up to the editors to decide that one.

Of course, every person reacts differently on the illness, but I surely can tell that the illness which going to impact on the series' fate is definitely serious illness. If Kubo's illness is in that serious, then the editor put doctor stop to that one.

You can't assume everything with that tweet because it doesn't provide everything and Kubo didn't share anything. Honestly, when I read people's argument about supporting due to his health, people are only saying, "I think Kubo is a person..." or "I believe Kubo is a person..." They only provides what they think about Kubo, but none of us in here actually worked or talked or have drink with them. Nobody in here actually no what Kubo really thinks about it; they are just making the judgement with few circumstantial evident (not concrete evidence). And that tweet didn't provide anything about it.

For example, isn't there still possibility that Bleach was axed by Jump? I think there is still lots circumstantial evident which support that argument as well. And I don't think Kubo going to write something which makes Jump mad.

In conclusion, nobody know what exactly happened in behind scene.

It is possibly that Kubo decided not to take absents (as you guys mentioned) or it is possibility that the editor decides not to give him any breaks because it isn't serious enough. Nobody knows what kind of decision was made between the two, and you guys don't know who actually makes the decision of whether the mangaka should take absents/hiatus or not.

I'm not expecting that tweet going to explain everything. And as I mentioned before, the main reason for that tweet isn't about explaining why Bleach ended that way.

The health issue can be just one of the reasons but not definite; there is still possibility for Jump axed Bleach.

#549 Orikushinu

Orikushinu

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:40 AM

So basically my circumstantial evidence is better than your circumstantial evidence  :hurr:

Unrelated Note: I miss the weekly routine here LOL hope everyone is well. 

• JDG973, masterbio, Chillman and 1 other like this

#550 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:09 AM

So basically my circumstantial evidence is better than your circumstantial evidence  :hurr:

And basically you didn't read everything.  :whistle: 

#551 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:31 PM

His art is damn good for someone with illness.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#552 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,088 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:46 PM

Unrelated Note: I miss the weekly routine here LOL hope everyone is well.

See? And people said Bleach was bad. Bad is the new Good. :kakashi:

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#553 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

Completely agreed

See? And people said Bleach was bad. Bad is the new Good. :kakashi:

They can't admit how beautiful Bleach was, like Yumechika would say.

fd18ae63a84edc53e00e97fd59c0a261.gif

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#554 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:08 PM

I hope Kubo's okay. There's another bad earthquake that hit Japan. Complete with a tsunami.

#555 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,088 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

I hope Kubo's okay.

I hope the people of Fukushima are okay....

• Kirito and KittyGoesMeowMeow like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#556 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:34 PM

The mangaka for D.Gray-Man is even sicker, but has better art too. So...

#557 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:27 PM

I hope the people of Fukushima are okay....

that too.

#558 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

Are we having power level debates for mangakas now?
  • DarkNemesis, JDG973, Blue22 and 2 others like this

#559 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,088 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

Are we having power level debates for mangakas now?

WE HAVE FINALLY REACHED THE MOUNTAINTOP!

• Kirito and Chillman like this

Spoiler

#560 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

I thought she took that year off because of pregnancy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users