• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

MAGI - The Labyrinth of Magic

Also: Discuss Adventure of Sinbad

Last few posts in the previous thread:

Tbh, I personally enjoyed chapter 266 more than 267 simply cuz of all the great and hilarious interaction between Alibaba and Judar. Judar should really listen to Ali if he knows whats good for him.

Woah the entire place is filled with Black Rukh..

Just where is this place?

It's not current Alma Toran , nor is it the Dark Continent.

Ideas are, a different planet where Solomon / Ugo "isolates" Black Rukh from the rest (I doubt this, since its confirmed that Black Rukh created on the orignal planet stays there.. well, perhaps Ugo is experimenting?), a place still governed by Il Illah (or some other creator diety, perhaps it is Solomon's white rukh that is abnormal and Black Rukh is the "natural state"), or perhaps time-travel to Alma Toran in the distant past (doubt this.. the fauna and flora are totally different from what we saw in Aladdin's story where we saw the creation of the Alma Toran world in fast forward)?

So I'm leaning on a dimension governed by some other Creator Diety, not necessarily Il Illah. Perhaps they'll come into contact with It somehow, definitely, it will take great Lore to return to where they come from.

I don't know the state of Alibaba's body.. but there's going to/is definitely already a Jesus resurection parallel (as opposed to Judar who is essentially just going to travel from one dimension to another since apparently.. he didn't actually die?)

I find it weird Belial sent Alibaba's essence / rukh into this place though.

P.S. Poor Kougyoku. I can imagine she's going to snap when she finally meets Hakuryuu. It seems to me she's deliberately putting a lid on her feelings in honor of what Alibaba said to her, trying to not make this fight personal and instead think about those who she governs.

P.P.S. I hate that Sinbad is most likely eavesdropping on her at this moment :(

P.P.P.S. OH SHI- I hope Sinbad doesn't mess with her head during the battle D:

Am I the only one that thinks that Kougyoku just raised one hell of a death flag on herself :cry:

Maybe not death flag but suffering flag for sure.

Spoiler

Ran out of Magoi required for the air barrier during space travel that he died, went to Ugo who swing him around a bit, then sent him to where Alibaba is?

Chapter 268 is very interesting

So I guess the real reason why Aladdin could find Ali was that his soul was sent to the opposite end of the universe(?) instead of another dimension all together.

But he's not made of rukh, which is the form that the recently dead Magi Sheherazade and Titus took when they were transferred to the Sacred Palace, the same form that Alibaba is now (so his existence is closer to a Djinn). He also has bodily functions such as getting hungry, so he definitely has his body.

I suppose its possible that Ugo got his rukh and then immediately put it back into the corpse... at anyrate, Alibaba is "alive" in a different way than Judal is who is conventionally alive.

Edited by Oben, 29 May 2015 - 09:05 AM.

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

Did I mention how much I loved seeing Judar put Alibaba and his shitty ideals in his place :)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
  • Locationyour broad

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:45 AM

>wanting peace and cooperation

>shitty ideals

We might have a terrorist itt.

• Blue22 and ruggia like this

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#4 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

Yeah I'm still not seeing how having a united front against Al Thamen qualified as a shitty ideal.

5.jpg

#5 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

Did I mention how much I loved seeing Judar put Alibaba and his shitty ideals in his place :)

What about the Reverse of when Alibaba had to put Judar in his place by saving him like a princess?

• Lone_ant and Blue22 like this

#6 arcane_chaos

arcane_chaos

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationvelvet room

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

when Alibaba and Judar return to earth I want Alibaba to stay the way he is :lol:

• Blue22 likes this

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:38 PM

What about the Reverse of when Alibaba had to put Judar in his place by saving him like a princess?

He has no magic....Not his fault :)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

when Alibaba and Judar return to earth I want Alibaba to stay the way he is :lol:

and change his name to Alphonse.... :rolleyes: :whistle:

#9 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Harumaki

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,490 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:29 PM

Ah man, I can't wait for SinBAD to take the place of Alibaba to ruin all the good stuff.

AvjeFFM.png

Who you callin' a dumbass!? I'm Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars!

#10 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:10 PM

The 2nd time if not 3rd wasn't his fault?
Even after Ugo told him to take him and knowing he has no magic

#11 Oben

Oben

Disneyland was an Inside Job

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:47 AM

The first thing Alladin learned in Magnostadt was for anyone (except Magis) to be good at magic, one needs to be fit physically. Judal clearly isn't, so yes, it's also his fault for not getting down on the basics.

Edited by Oben, 30 May 2015 - 01:48 AM.

#12 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:51 AM

Nah, even if he did that, he'd still not be able to do magic. Since there's almost no rukh to command.

#13 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

I know, but he might be more than a ragdoll to the monsters if he had proper physique.

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

I know, but he might be more than a ragdoll to the monsters if he had proper physique.

As a Magi/insanely powerful magician, he really has no need to tbh....Aladdin, Yunan and Scherezarde/Titus (spelling?) aren't any different either

Now, maybe he might decide to train his body in order to 1up Aladdin yet again but I doubt that he'd truly need to

The 2nd time if not 3rd wasn't his fault?
Even after Ugo told him to take him and knowing he has no magic

What matters is that he learned the art of exploitation in the end lol xD

Edited by Tokoya, 30 May 2015 - 06:26 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

As a Magi/insanely powerful magician, he really has no need to tbh....Aladdin, Yunan and Scherezarde/Titus (spelling?) aren't any different either

Now, maybe he might decide to train his body in order to 1up Aladdin yet again but I doubt that he'd truly need to

I disagree. Take Gyokuen, a Magi as well. She was caught in a situation when all magic was cancelled out, and guess what - she was really strong physically, so she could continue fighting.
It does play a role, even if most of the Magi so far neglected it.

#16 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:34 AM

I disagree. Take Gyokuen, a Magi as well. She was caught in a situation when all magic was cancelled out, and guess what - she was really strong physically, so she could continue fighting.
It does play a role, even if most of the Magi so far neglected it.

I don't count her because she grew up in a time where physical combat was needed and magic was limited to certain people...The circumstances are completely different in the new world

Whereas she's been a profound warrior/swordsman way before she became an actual magician/magi

Edited by Tokoya, 30 May 2015 - 10:35 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#17 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

I don't count her because she grew up in a time where physical combat was needed and magic was limited to certain people...The circumstances are completely different in the new world

But she did need it in the current world as well :shrug: Just as Judal woud benefit from it right now, too.

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

But she did need it in the current world as well :shrug: Just as Judal woud benefit from it right now, too.

The new world revolves around magic and prior to her flashback and her bout with her son, it wasn't a thought for anyone that a Magi would be that psychically strong since prior that fight they all just used pure magic 24/7

That's why Hakuryuu was surprised to see that Gyoukuen wasn't helpless after losing her magic....It was his strategy against her and it failed unexpectedly for him

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

The new world revolves around magic and prior to her flashback and her bout with her son, it wasn't a thought for anyone that a Magi would be that psychically strong since prior that fight they all just used pure magic 24/7

That's why Hakuryuu was surprised to see that Gyoukuen wasn't helpless after losing her magic....It was his strategy against her and it failed unexpectedly for him

That's not the point though. The point is: It came in helpful for her. And if it comes helpful for one Magi in whatever situation in the current world, the others should think about training as well since a similar situation may always pop up again. Had Judal trained his body, he'd be in a better position now.

Edited by Oben, 30 May 2015 - 12:03 PM.

#20 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

To add on to Oben, Judar uses isolation barrier magic.
Could have learn to fight inside there...

What matters is that he learned the art of exploitation in the end lol xD

I wouldn't call that exploiting when Alibaba was willing to guard him.
Who's choice was it to walk into a monsters tentacles and almost in it mouth 3x?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users