• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:24 PM

Previous Thread

"Don't speak ill of Zoro."  B) 

odeUlBB.jpg

three chapters ago, doflamingo was getting knocked around like he was a feather in a hurricane. if it was all action all the time it would be a shit manga.

That's because Oda can't draw fight scenes. The last good fight scene was in Impel down with Luffy vs Magellan. After MF he liked the skirmish idea so mcuh that every fight after was either one sided , one shot, or off panel. 

we got 1 v 1 fights this arc doe. it was just with different charecters that weren't the strawhats.

and even that's not completely true

usopp, zoro and luffy have all shined brightly in there fights on screen.

one v one "fights" were all one shots and off panels. 

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 01 June 2015 - 11:31 PM.

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#2 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:29 PM

So what? He just enjoys the warmth of Smoker's smoky ass? 

Come back when you have a real argument 

When in a fight for ones life/freedom is it a good time to stop trying?

kinda seems ridiculous to assume luffy was just lying there taking it.....

I love how Luffy not getting up in literally two seconds means he was unable to and lost :lolxg:

Did Luffy lose when he was unable to get off Enels Trident?  Or out of Lucci's tail?  The only difference with Smoker is that Dragon came in and ended the fight before Luffy could do anything.

Edited by BoriketheBlackDragon, 01 June 2015 - 11:32 PM.

95d.png

PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!

#3 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:31 PM

giant v machvise wasn't off paneled or oneshot. I mean machvise was oneshot but he also beat the other guy pretty good too. bart v blow up guy wasn't off paneled or oneshot. pica v zoro was only off paneled during parts where nothing was happening anyway. we can forgive usopp for his oneshot because it was a friggen amazing oneshot. doflamingo wasn't oneshot by a long shot. and as crappy of a fight as it was, franky vs pink wasn't oneshot. and we got to see the best parts. but that fight was boring anyways so its not a very good example.

there were three one shot battles this arc. sai vs g, Cavendish v delinger, and kyros v diamentei.

Edited by retroluffy13, 01 June 2015 - 11:32 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#4 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:35 PM

giant v machvise wasn't off paneled or oneshot. I mean machvise was oneshot but he also beat the other guy pretty good too. bart v blow up guy wasn't off paneled or oneshot. pica v zoro was only off paneled during parts where nothing was happening anyway. we can forgive usopp for his oneshot because it was a friggen amazing oneshot. doflamingo wasn't oneshot by a long shot. and as crappy of a fight as it was, franky vs pink wasn't oneshot. and we got to see the best parts. but that fight was boring anyways so its not a very good example.

there were three one shot battles this arc. sai vs g, Cavendish v delinger, and kyros v diamentei.

How was that One shot?  You see Kyros attack and miss DiamanteHere you see them fighting and blocking eachothers attacks.  Far from a  one shot

Edited by BoriketheBlackDragon, 01 June 2015 - 11:36 PM.

95d.png

#5 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:36 PM

How was that One shot?  You see Kyros attack and miss Diamante.  If it was a One Shot, it would have ended right there.

lol. I love technicalities.

well I mean if misses count then sure, twoshot.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#6 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:37 PM

lol. I love technicalities.

well I mean if misses count then sure, twoshot.

Edited my post, read again :)

95d.png

#7 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

Edited my post, read again :)

yet again though its still in sticky territory. is clashing really a shot? I mean I suppose it is in theory but its not a shot you got off properly.

Edited by retroluffy13, 01 June 2015 - 11:41 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#8 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:43 PM

yet again though its still in sticky territory. is clashing really a shot? I mean I suppose it is in theory but its not a shot you got off properly.

The definition of a one shot is a fight that lasts a single attack to win.  If it take two attacks, it's not a one shot.  Kyros got mad fucked up anyway so IDK how it even comes close

95d.png

#9 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:45 PM

The definition of a one shot is a fight that lasts a single attack to win.  If it take two attacks, it's not a one shot.  Kyros got mad fucked up anyway so IDK how it even comes close

eh. its probably more me then you. my mind didn't register that rain as an attack then and it doesn't now.

Edited by retroluffy13, 01 June 2015 - 11:45 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#10 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:49 PM

eh. its probably more me then you. my mind didn't register that rain as an attack then and it doesn't now.

It maybe cheep as hell, but it ran off of Diamante's power so it counts.

95d.png

#11 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:52 PM

It maybe cheep as hell, but it ran off of Diamante's power so it counts.

oh im not disputing that. it counts. its just my mind doesn't instantly make that connection for whatever reason.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#12 Miss.J

Miss.J

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:45 AM

I love how Luffy not getting up in literally two seconds means he was unable to and lost :lolxg:

Did Luffy lose when he was unable to get off Enels Trident?  Or out of Lucci's tail?  The only difference with Smoker is that Dragon came in and ended the fight before Luffy could do anything.

You are actually trolling right now and I can see the bridge. You can't actually believe that Luffy enjoys having Smoker sit on him. I don't believe that. 

Luffy could not do anything. He couldn't even look up to see who was there. 

One shot is not too far from jobbing, which Doflamingo's crew was doing. 

"sabo is not alive, this is some kind of trick" captian kidd

Spoiler

#13 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:50 AM

You are actually trolling right now and I can see the bridge. You can't actually believe that Luffy enjoys having Smoker sit on him. I don't believe that. 

Luffy could not do anything. He couldn't even look up to see who was there.

I think you are the one trolling, that or you can't see reason.  Luffy didn't get up in the first two seconds means he must have wanted to be there?  :rolleyes: The fight got interrupted before anything was settled.

95d.png

#14 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:01 AM

Nah, ''one-shot'' can be more open-mindedly defined nowadays. It can mean you take 1 month to beat someone but only because they are too fast to avoid you or have some weird abilities to make you unable to hit them etc. But once you get a clean hit, the guy is down. Basically it only concerns physicality.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#15 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:08 AM

Nah, ''one-shot'' can be more open-mindedly defined nowadays. It can mean you take 1 month to beat someone but only because they are too fast to avoid you or have some weird abilities to make you unable to hit them etc. But once you get a clean hit, the guy is down. Basically it only concerns physicality.

Fulmine, if we start changing the definition of the lowest difficulty battle, then the whole system falls apart.  It's like tampering with the single bottom brick in a Jenga Tower, you just don't do it.

95d.png

#16 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

Fulmine, if we start changing the definition of the lowest difficulty battle, then the whole system falls apart.  It's like tampering with the single bottom brick in a Jenga Tower, you just don't do it.

I know. I was just saying some/many people understand ''one-shot'' differently from us so when talking with them you should know what they mean. For example, that's why captain kidd always says the Admirals ''one-shot'' Marco and Jozu, haha.

Edited by Fulmine, 02 June 2015 - 02:23 AM.

#17 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

I alway go for that bottom brick because I am all about that base..................is that why I always lose jenga? 

I know. I was just saying some/many people understand ''one-shot'' differently from us so when talking with them you should know what they mean. For example, that's why captain kidd always says the Admirals ''one-shot'' Marco and Jozu, haha.

he is right I do always say that.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#18 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:48 AM

When Oda finishes One Piece, I hope he teams up with someone who can compensate for his short-comings...maybe Togashi LOL

#19 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:52 AM

three chapters ago, doflamingo was getting knocked around like he was a feather in a hurricane. if it was all action all the time it would be perfect.

fixed

but honestly, i would settle for more than 3 SH getting a fight in 100 chapters..............or one death.....give me one death and i will forgive all, JUST ONE DEATH...... oh and you cant replace the dead with a carbon copy minus one slight difference......we know what you do Oda....

• Miss.J likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#20 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:16 AM

fixed

but honestly, i would settle for more than 3 SH getting a fight in 100 chapters..............or one death.....give me one death and i will forgive all, JUST ONE DEATH...... oh and you cant replace the dead with a carbon copy minus one slight difference......we know what you do Oda....

You have flashbacks for death-drama though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users