491 replies to this topic

#21 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:38 AM

fixed

but honestly, i would settle for more than 3 SH getting a fight in 100 chapters..............or one death.....give me one death and i will forgive all, JUST ONE DEATH...... oh and you cant replace the dead with a carbon copy minus one slight difference......we know what you do Oda....

Zolo's death?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#22 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

Oda keeps on skipping actual interesting fights to focus on the citizens of dressrossa and royal family telling us and the same thing over and over again.

Its like the anime team is telling him to skip them so that people actually have a reason to watch the anime which actually fleshes out the fight.

Unfortunately, it seems to be working for Oda who has never really been that good with them.

#23 Miss.J

Miss.J

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:08 AM

I think you are the one trolling, that or you can't see reason.  Luffy didn't get up in the first two seconds means he must have wanted to be there?  :rolleyes: The fight got interrupted before anything was settled.

You don't know it was two seconds. And he couldn't get up or he wouldn't ask who was there and saw what dragon looked like. 

Nah, ''one-shot'' can be more open-mindedly defined nowadays. It can mean you take 1 month to beat someone but only because they are too fast to avoid you or have some weird abilities to make you unable to hit them etc. But once you get a clean hit, the guy is down. Basically it only concerns physicality.

Hody and Caesar was one shot by Luffy even though Oda dragged those boss fights to the ends of time. Running away does not count as part of the fight. 

"sabo is not alive, this is some kind of trick" captian kidd

Spoiler

#24 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:20 AM

Hody was one shot by Luffy

He was hit by Luffy more than once...

• Red Opus likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#25 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,424 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

You have flashbacks for death-drama though.

hahaha you got me.

ok one death in present time.

OH and after sabo I am 99% positive the final island of the GL is going to be....

nami's mom

zoro's girlfriend who kicked his ass in swords

chopper's adopted doctor dad

robin's mom

franky's adopted fishman dad

brooks entire crew

just chilling there drinking beer waiting for luffy and crew

Zolo's death?

I would forgive not just DR but every post TS arc, even FI (the worst arc i have ever read in any manga ever, and i have read Fairy Tail.....)

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#26 Miss.J

Miss.J

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

He was hit by Luffy more than once...

If you want to be so technical it's called jobbing. It's pretty much the same thing. Just takes more panels and chapter space 

Spoiler

#27 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:16 PM

You don't know it was two seconds. And he couldn't get up or he wouldn't ask who was there and saw what dragon looked like. 

Hody and Caesar was one shot by Luffy even though Oda dragged those boss fights to the ends of time. Running away does not count as part of the fight. 

Did you see him try?  No, you didn't, cause he didn't.

And you seem to have absolutely zero idea what a One-Shot is.

95d.png

PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!

#28 Miss.J

Miss.J

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

Did you see him try?  No, you didn't, cause he didn't.

You really won't give this up will you?

http://www.mangapand...hapter-100.html bottom right panel he's trying to get up.  

http://www.mangapand...hapter-100.html bottom right panel he wants to see who's there but can't cause smoker's hand is on his head dominating him. 

http://www.mangapand...hapter-100.html here Luffy is stunned from Smoker overpowering him and can't even react.

Now stop wasting my time with this nonsense. 

And you seem to have absolutely zero idea what a One-Shot is.

"If you want to be so technical it's called jobbing. It's pretty much the same thing. Just takes more panels and chapter space "

copy pasta for you if you don't like reading. 

• captain kidd likes this

Spoiler

#29 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:44 PM

You really won't give this up will you?

http://www.mangapand...hapter-100.html bottom right panel he's trying to get up.  

http://www.mangapand...hapter-100.html bottom right panel he wants to see who's there but can't cause smoker's hand is on his head dominating him. 

http://www.mangapand...hapter-100.html here Luffy is stunned from Smoker overpowering him and can't even react.

Now stop wasting my time with this nonsense. 

1- You mean the panel Luffy isn't in?  And you say I don't read the manga :lolxg:

2- He hears a voice and asks who is there.  I don't see him trying to move

3- You mean confused from the sudden wind blast?  That must be one mighty filter you read through.

"If you want to be so technical it's called jobbing. It's pretty much the same thing. Just takes more panels and chapter space "

copy pasta for you if you don't like reading. 

I'm sorry, you didn't say "Job" in that comment, you said "One Shot" and that Hody and Ceaser were One-Shotted by Luffy, which is about as factually wrong as you can get.

95d.png

#30 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

Besides the bad pacing, the fake hype is what also what was wrong with Dressrosa.

Fuji gets to look like the weakest admiral ever.

Burguess gets to look like he is weaker than Dofla.

The Doflamingo Pirates were such a big joke

• Miss.J and trafalgarlawisop like this

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#31 Miss.J

Miss.J

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

Someone should go and  read the arc and see if its better when reading it in bulk. 

Spoiler

#32 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:17 PM

Someone should go and  read the arc and see if its better when reading it in bulk. 

People have and said it was, although you can't know for sure until the arc is over

95d.png

#33 Miss.J

Miss.J

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:29 PM

1- You mean the panel Luffy isn't in?  And you say I don't read the manga :lolxg:

2- He hears a voice and asks who is there.  I don't see him trying to move

3- You mean confused from the sudden wind blast?  That must be one mighty filter you read through.

I'm sorry, you didn't say "Job" in that comment, you said "One Shot" and that Hody and Ceaser were One-Shotted by Luffy, which is about as factually wrong as you can get.

1. Uh. smoker is grabing his head. Yeah he's in there

2. Cause he CANT move

3. He was still faceplanted on the ground from the damage Smoker caused. 

it's not factually wrong. it's technically wrong in a literal sense. 

Spoiler

#34 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:45 PM

Oda keeps on skipping actual interesting fights to focus on the citizens of dressrossa and royal family telling us and the same thing over and over again.

Its like the anime team is telling him to skip them so that people actually have a reason to watch the anime which actually fleshes out the fight.

Unfortunately, it seems to be working for Oda who has never really been that good with them.

The anime team can't tell Oda anything. Lmao why you always come up with wrong theories everyday. WYD.

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#35 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:05 AM

1. Uh. smoker is grabing his head. Yeah he's in there

2. Cause he CANT move

3. He was still faceplanted on the ground from the damage Smoker caused. 

it's not factually wrong. it's technically wrong in a literal sense. 

1. Bottom Right Panel, Dragon is grabbing Smoker's jutte

2. DO YOU SEE HIM TRYING AT ALL?!!!!

3. Dat Filter :lolxg:

95d.png

#36 Miss.J

Miss.J

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:12 AM

1. Bottom Right Panel, Dragon is grabbing Smoker's jutte

2. DO YOU SEE HIM TRYING AT ALL?!!!!

3. Dat Filter :lolxg:

Great. Smilies and ignorance. This is a pointless argument.

You seem to think Luffy enjoys Smoker's ass on his back and Smoker's hand on his head. You think Luffy is just taking it like a bitch. I respect your interpretation of the manga but respectfully disagree. 

Spoiler

#37 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:19 AM

Great. Smilies and ignorance. This is a pointless argument.

You seem to think Luffy enjoys Smoker's ass on his back and Smoker's hand on his head. You think Luffy is just taking it like a bitch. I respect your interpretation of the manga but respectfully disagree. 

This is pointless when you seem to be reading a vastly different manga where panels take minutes and not moving is struggling.

95d.png

#38 Miss.J

Miss.J

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

This is pointless when you seem to be reading a vastly different manga where panels take minutes and not moving is struggling.

Yeah, not moving and enjoying the heat generated by Smoker's ass and hand. 

Spoiler

#39 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,424 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:57 PM

it is because you can skip the 7 chapters of flashbacks.

I am not saying I am a better writer than Oda......But I could of done all 7 of those chapters in.........2 pages.....MAX....

Kryos "hey, so i am rebecca's father, Viola's sister scarlet, she hated me, then loved me, then married me, faked her death....then was actually killed.... Oh and I was a criminal and won a ton of matches....became the head of security" - 4 flashbacks

DD "so who here has seen what Crocodile tried to do to alabasta? ok imagine that, only in one night and with a lot of strings" -2 chapters

Law "so DD has this brother, silent fruit user, ya it's as stupid as it sounds. well I hated life wanted to die, had an incurable sickness, WG is bad, DD respected that, joined his crew, DD's brother was actually a marine, we stole the OP fruit from a buyer DD was going to steal it from, probably drake's dad....and DD's brother died to protect me" - 4 chapters

"But captain, there is no emotion there"

ya.....so? true fighters can exchange emotions with their fists right? (lame naruto BS) well true authors should be able to convey emotions by drawling true fighters exchanging emotions with their fists.....

• Miss.J likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#40 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:26 AM

Even if read in volume format, this arc is still crap.

Reading it in bulk will only highlight and empathize the major probs of this arc even more so.

Since in volume format, the plot progresses at a snails pace thanks to Oda padding chapters out with useless fodder and pointless secondary characters nobody gives a fuck about for the most part.

Not to mention, the major fights being either off paneled or too short like in the case of the fights against Doffy's executives.

So no even if read in volume format, this Dressrosa arc still sucks ass.

Edited by Baks, 04 June 2015 - 12:26 AM.

• Miss.J likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users