Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:07 AM

Eh I wanted more Baby 5 interactions.

#442 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:59 AM

I like the idea of replacing the main sh with better side characters. We dont need robbin chopper or brook, replace them.

hmm...

tenor.gif?itemid=6220235

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 05 January 2018 - 10:00 AM.

#443 Himynameisriot

Himynameisriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Theorist.

Personal Theories made in 2016

• Kuzan will join the crew
  • Carrot will join the crew
  • Kaidou is a lab experiment
  • Green Bull will be based off of Sonny Chiba and have a time based DF
  • Blackbeards fruit gives him the ability to use more than one power.

Not my shit

•  Another Yonkou dies
  • Blackbeard kills a "marine" (maybe Kuzan)
  • Luffy gets captured by government
  • Law uses OP surgery on Luffy 
  • Blackbeard becomes the Pirate King

#444 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

Key word. Search around and you will see a lot more manga.

You make it sound like there are tons of mangas with crossdressers and transvestites out there.

People make stuff like this a bigger deal than it is

qhz8b56l.png

#445 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,858 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

One of the most popular? When was the last time he broke top 10?
Few apperences? I mean....he has had about as many as mihawk.... he has had more then one off villains...

No one thought he would be important to the story? By "no one" do you mean none of the 3 6 yesr olds you asked on your way to work? Because every actual OP fan knew luffy's role model would be kinda a big deal....

Shanks was boring at first? Define boring..... because nami was boring at first (she wasnt even eye candy back then) chopper was boring. The red haired swords man with the scars over his eye, never seemed boring to me.....

Well we found out the reason kidd and the sn exist was because of the same reason. I am starting to think half of op only happens because oda thinks it is boring. 7 warlords were never a thing sn were never going to be a thing....
Oda "ya gold roger and the one piece were never going to be in the story, i just wanted a pirate story but my editors told me it was boring"
Oda "those devil fruits, i never was going to put those in the story, my editors told me OP was boring so i added them"

Wow scsry thing is the original romance dawn actually didnt have either of those things right?

Also, if losing an arm is supposed to make a character less boring.... what does that say about law?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#446 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

One of the most popular? When was the last time he broke top 10?

The last time he broke top 10 was in the third populatity poll, around Amazon Lilly, where he scored 8th. But he actually scored 11th last poll (when Luffy was around the seducing forest). I would personally call 11th position one of the most popular.
  • Chillman likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#447 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,747 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

You make it sound like there are tons of mangas with crossdressers and transvestites out there.

No, I'm saying Oda is not the only one

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#448 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:08 AM

No, I'm saying Oda is not the only one

"A lot more manga"...

qhz8b56l.png

#449 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,747 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:13 AM

"A lot more manga"...

yeah but tons is too much an expression. Battle shounen on the other hand...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#450 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:57 AM

Pre ts I didn't give a crap about brook. After those 2 years without the SH, brook was enough to satisfy my needs... Obviously this was before the totto land where brook is wearing the "W" like a boss. He is the MVP of this arc.

If I had to replace anyone in the SH it would be chopper. He is the definition of useless.

The mercenaries with the long limbs war and Bartolomeo using luffys name to declare war against shanks was awesome. Obviously the tontatas are and will be boring. 

Brook MVP for certain this arc.

Chopper so far pretty useless agree, but i have huge expectations when it comes to his growth rate in Wano, since Minks to learn the basis of Sulong effect (biologicly/chemically speaking) as well as getting far more tanky and  powerful, as well as better endurance. Thats exaclty why i was so confused with him being at WCI instead of Wano, but guess thats due to him missing at DR.

Agreed!

I hope the fleet doesn't show up in wano.

I actually like them but I really want an arc where the SH can shine like they are meant to.

The only use I have for the fleet is for them to do the same Franky's family and the W7 shipyards did in EL. Fight fodders so the SH don't want their strength.

The mink-samurai-pirate is already to big of a cast.

Specially with the likes of Marco making a comeback. Honestly the only ones I really care in the alliance are Marco because he will be deformed(maybe) and Inu and Melo which will be beasts in their sulong form.

The fleet can show up later on down the story when we don't have this many allies demanding focus and stealing panels from the SHs

Dude they were formed specifically to help in times of need, thus in times when the yonkou war starts.

They can shine in Weevil arc, or other shicki arc, or against the other SN, but if the current SHs r enough to take out even the weakest yonkou (which i dont even believe Kaidou to be) than the WG was retarded to ever fear them!

Even yonkou underlings are so  numerous and powerful they cant be handled by the likes Luffy has allied with so far (i.e. Alabasta Dog and Falcon, Drum Ox, W7 Franky gang etc.) they need far stronger allies in order to make a difference instead of being in the way, since constantly needing assistence/protection themselfs!

Ye that i partly critizise as well, Minks should have been fewer people. Wano imo also will have too big a population as for proper introduction and more than lax gratitude of people we will never care about, since we never really get to know them, but only their representatives. And since Wano was build up to have been a force even the WG does not carelessly mess with, it only leaves Oda 2 choices. 1st he is inconsistant once more, by making each samurai/ninja weaker then their hype would suggest, or 2nd the war has to be so freaking bloody that so many samurai/ninja die, that the threat of them gets significantly lessened!

I think its a safe bet that no real powerhouse among the WBremnants will remain living after Wano is over. We have to keep in mind the they already will have greatly diminished in power. I mean Ace gone, Thatch gone, Marco or Jozu dead (fruit taken from one of the 2 by BB pirates), Vista perhaps alive, most likely dead though.

I kind of understand u. Its been 2 years since we have to deal with a splitup crew but, i understand  Oda as well and dont blame him for doing it the way he did it. With all of the crew there this arc would have needed a real confrontation with the yonkou BM, which Oda did not want to do.

Still for me without the allies given the SHs should be nowhere near a real threat for a yonkou and his crew, otherwise the yonkou would not deserve their hype and the fear even the marines do have when it comes to them. Moreover we already know that Jack could not be beaten by the entire forces of the Minks, thus he alone is so powerful everyone in the crew would have severe problems with, who would take on the other commanders, who would take on Apoo and  Drake? Who would  take on the betrayers in Wano (Shogun)?

What i personally dislike most is that Oda always goes the easy route in battles were he takes out key players of the enemy beforehand in order to significantly weaken an enemies forces. He did so in Baroque works, he did so with Cracker/BM, with Katakuri as well as Brulee and with all the Homies too....., with Vergo, Monet and CC as part of DDs forces, and he made BM a nonefactor this arc as well-----.

It is time for an all out battle in a real war where there is no running  from it and where all troops r garthered and the clash happens with everyone being at 100%!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So now to the SN thing. 

I dont get why people even critizise Oda for having invented them on the spot. It is safe to assume he did so with numerous enemies and enemies underlings, so why have a problem, if other enemies underlings like Apoo and Drake were created, back then with different intend mayhaps, in the blink of an eye/quite random? Anyone thinking DDs crew was already completely established when DD was introduced in chapter 234? I dont. 

Moreover whats the point even? People blame Oda for creating timely challanges/ rivals for the SHs?

For me the SN / the worst gen is one of the things i like most about OP. Even in arcs i do not really enjoy, thinking about the SN and there relations among each other, like power when compared to one another, whom is to ally and whom is to clash with whom, who will have an interesting background (Law...well was ok i think..explained his need and willingness to ally with the Shs, Drake?, Booney? personally very much interested in the last 2), what will their characters and their strengths be, will one be intelligent/have strategic thinking and that may be his strenght??, will there appear a crew among the SN, where the crew actually needs to be considered powerful, or is it like most crews we've seen where only #1 and maybe #2 matter? Will they too have done epic things to deserve being named alongside the SHs? Did one of them mayhaps have defeated someone powerful (shicki impossible i think, since i doubt there was a new shicki inTS we have not heard of yet) like lvl6 prisoners, why were they allowed into the yonkou crews in the first place? BM did not care enough for the Vinsmokes, why did she care enough for Bege? Who has allied with Shanks or BB?

All we saw from Bege so far was awesome, even though he may lack overall power, i enjoyed him a lot this arc.

For me the SN, like the balance of power system is one of the best things in op.

I think i should order the SN crews in strenght as to further explain:

1. SHs

2. Kidd pirates

3. Hawkins=

4. Law

5. Apoo

6. Urouge=

7. Drake

8. Bonney

9. Bege

I really consider the SHs to be pretty much ahead of all individual other SNcrews, especially with Jinbei and Carrot as NN. Moreover we dont know about any other SN (although Drake and Apoo might be possibilities) to have a fleet like the SHs do. Neither do we know any of them to have such powerful allies as the Minks (beast pirates not included since they are part of them, not the other way around).

I am pretty much certain that the SHs+Shsfleet (DR time/ no minks) are enough to defeat Bege+Urouge(countered by Barto if rumors about his fruit turn out to be true)+Drake or Apoo (countered by Brook). Thus 3 mid-lower SN crews. Although of course the powerlvl is only speculation on my part could be entirely false and Bonney could be SHs lvl but i dont believe so. The only ones of whos powerlvl i am uncertain actually is when comparing Drake, Apoo and Urouge. Drake could be by far the strongest among them, if trained by another beast pirate commander or Kaidou himself, same with Apoo, Urouge's fruit might even make in invulnerable  under certain conditions who knows. Still am certain that Bonney and Bege are the weakest overall powerwise. And that the SHs, Law and Kidd stand at the top aint coming out of the blue either. Law himself was presented overall signifcantly weaker than Luffy though, which is why i believe for him to have been made an equal or slightly surpassed already even by Hawkins. 

Edited by capu, 11 January 2018 - 01:27 PM.

#451 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

There's enough of them to be it's own sub-genre, not to mention the plethora of such characters in other genres, Fulmine is exactly right so I'm not sure what you're contention is.

He is the definition of useless.

Chopper helped saved the lives of everyone on an entire island just a few days ago. Since when is a medical professional considered useless anyway, his talent can mean the difference between life and death for an individual. 

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#452 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

Chopper helped saved the lives of everyone on an entire island just a few days ago. Since when is a medical professional considered useless anyway, his talent can mean the difference between life and death for an individual.

Hohoho don't make me say everything I hate about chopper. It will take me all day to put it on paper.
He had a great potential. Initially he suffered from the same cowardice as Ussop and got things done but now he has the courage but no results.
I get what you are saying but the PK needs more than just a doctor. You think I would like jimbe if he was just a helmsman. He can be the best one for all I care but if he can't fight then please go.
And chopper base form should be the walk point. You don't see any other zoans on their hybrid forms just to look cute. He can't even pick a stethoscope, why are you on that form. To help you think, what a lame excuse.

Edited by Abaroxa, 18 January 2018 - 09:22 AM.

#453 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

Didn't he just save Nami from Big Mom, beat Brulee, and helped out those kids? Why wouldn't he want to use his brain as a doctor?

#454 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:41 AM

Didn't he just save Nami from Big Mom, beat Brulee, and helped out those kids? Why wouldn't he want to use his brain as a doctor?

You praise him for this lame feats but when Sanji does the same you say he has no feats.

Are you telling me he turn dumb the moment he changes from the brain point. The brain point is just an excuse to have a mascot on the crew. That's for merchandise purpose. Odas original sketch of the SH had chopper in monster point. It was probably the editors from jump making him do that, same with Namis boobs.

#455 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationIn the front row sit of a cinema

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

Hohoho don't make me say everything I hate about chopper. It will take me all day to put it on paper.
He had a great potential. Initially he suffered from the same cowardice as Ussop and got things done but now he has the courage but no results.
I get what you are saying but the PK needs more than just a doctor. You think I would like jimbe if he was just a helmsman. He can be the best one for all I care but if he can't fight then please go.
And chopper base form should be the walk point. You don't see any other zoans on their hybrid forms just to look cute. He can't even pick a stethoscope, why are you on that form. To help you think, what a lame excuse.

Are you telling me he turn dumb the moment he changes from the brain point. The brain point is just an excuse to have a mascot on the crew. That's for merchandise purpose. Odas original sketch of the SH had chopper in monster point. It was probably the editors from jump making him do that, same with Namis boobs.

You basically answered your own post about Chopper.

You praise him for this lame feats but when Sanji does the same you say he has no feats.

That's because we all expected Sanji to do more than being...than being Sanji.

#456 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Have I ever said he has no feats, or are you generalizing? People have higher expectations for Sanji than for Chopper. It’s similar to why Brook has been praised in this arc despite not beating anyone important.

#457 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

Have I ever said he has no feats, or are you generalizing? People have higher expectations for Sanji than for Chopper. It’s similar to why Brook has been praised in this arc despite not beating anyone important.

And that's my point. Why do we put Sanji on a pedestal. Isn't this discrimination??
Maybe, but should we expect more from 1 than the others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users